Welcome to the Dead Coast, home to the world's largest bucket of salt! Located nearest the Re'nee Sea, this small port-city is home for all opportunists who would gather the sea's salt deposits left on the shores and sell them for profit. (+2 to Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Dead Coast

Re: You're not very good at being a whale, are you? (Duskie)

Postby MythicDusk » 06/29/2009 11:43 AM

( I fix! 8B)

Redemption winced at there words. They were right. She had no right for redemption in the way she was acting. Turning back to them, she nudged The Attobeast gently. "Hey, Kid, I'm sorry, you're right, I'm a jerk, but just think about it, I had no money, I didn't want to steal, so I just did what came naturally. I hunted and I killed. If you want, I'll bury the corpse, but that meat will keep me going for days, the next thing I will have to eat will maybe be a rodent in a few days time...." She sighed and shook her head. "But, I guess it is no use. I have already made my first impression, and 'tis a bad one." She sighed again and seated herself. "But I promise you this now, all of you, if this subject destresses you so much, I shall never kill another dolphin." She bobbed her head slightly, her tail flicking, at least trying to say she was sorry.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean
A brand new emotion come true, ooh
Don't let this night, don't let this night go

How long 'til you play me the song
That will make me belong to you?
One dance with my baby tonight
And we'll dance 'til the night is through

Jax Jones ft. Years & Years - Play

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 425
Donate

Postby Freezair » 06/29/2009 2:38 PM

The Attobeast perked up. "Well... Err... I guess if you ask for forgiveness, and you do seem sincere about it, er... I suppose it wouldn't be very noble of me to turn you down. You do have to eat, after all. Errm... Just so long as you don't then steal my pencils and shout 'psyche' at me, I suppose."

"Well, this might turn out for the better," William said. "We'd help you with the burying, but unfortunately, we don't really have hands... And we feel kinda queasy."

"I can lend you some money!" Spottie said perkily.

"Yes. We can lend you some money as well. Perhaps you could look for a place to work in the meantime?"

[21, 43]

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 06/29/2009 4:25 PM

Redemption shook her head kindly at Spottie. "Thank you, but no thank you, I already work, you could say, for a freind. I simply haven't seen him lately so I could not get my payment." She placed on a kindly smile and moved to the doplins corpse, beginning to dig a hole beside it, once it was deep enough, she nudged the corpse into it and began to push the dug up sand back over it. Frowning slightly, she returned to the group. Seating herself she looked from one to the other and nodded her head. "My name's Redemption...I don't think we managed a proper introduction." She smiled slightly, her crimson eyes glinting.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 06/29/2009 7:34 PM

The Attobeast looked a little confused. "But... if you work for someone, then why don't they pay you? Or give you enough money to sustain yourself with? That seems... highly suspect. I don't mean to insinuate, but you're not being used, are you? That would be terrible; I would help you in an instant! Errm... My name? Yes, well. I don't truly... have a name in the same way some people do, but I am called The Attobeast. Since there are no other Attobeasts in this world, Evelon, it generally does. ...My Mistress... used to call me 'Blizz,' affectionately, but... Those were... different circumstances."

"I'm William!" the larger of the two Bandol said. "Pleased to meet you. And the little one is Spottie. He's my brother, cousin, nephew, son, or little friend, depending on when you asked."

"Mistress didn't know," Spottie said. "She never saw the movie we were from. So she made up whatever seened good at the time. ...I'm pretty sure I'm not your son, those, 'cuz most dads don't call their kids 'Booger Breath' when they're bein--"

"Don't be rude," William said sternly.

"...That was dad-like, though," Spottie grumped.

[22, 44]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 06/30/2009 3:17 PM

Redemption smirked. "I am more of a ....Volunteer, if you will." She said nothing more on the matter and simply nodded her head. "I must say, it is a pleasure to meet someone so...So...Valiant, as yourself. And your two freinds are simply charming." She smiled, gazing fondly at the Bandols. She smiled and nodded to each of them. "And if you do not mind my saying, Mr. Attobeast, your two freinds are the cutest things I have ever seen. And they have wonderful personalities...." She smiled, cokcing her head as she still gazed at the Bandols.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 06/30/2009 6:55 PM

"Well, perhaps you will be able to find yourself a job. I work as a waiter in a restaurant far away--a restaurant with a very high ceiling," he chuckled. "Finding work can be very difficult... Perhaps whomever you 'volunteer' for might be willing to throw you some room and board, perhaps?"

He looked off, somewhat wistfully. "I suppose I was created to be noble. I certainly do aim for it..."

William chuckled. "Well, we were born as stuffed animals in a different dimension, and had our personalities given to us by an eight-year-old playing with us, so I guess we would be pretty cute and sweet, but really, we're not that--" He faked a humble chuckle, interrupting himself.

"You're pretty OK too, Lady," Spottie said. "You're bein' all nice now! Sorry if I called ya mean stuff..."

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 07/05/2009 3:16 PM

Redemption shook her head snightly, nudging Spottie playfully with the tip of her muzzle, in a somewhat motherly way. "No harm done, young one." She then turned back to The Attobeast and shook her head slightly. "I would not be welcomed....For you see, I am a freedom fighter. But....I stain the ground with blood." She bowed her head sorrowfully. "I am the one whom has to burn the cities, the one whom has to punish, I am the Redeption." Usually, when she claimed this, her head would be held high and her voice bellowing, but she said it wiith a gentle tone, her head low. "But we never harm women, children nor innocent men, we try not to harm, we really do. The only thing I know, is violence. I had to fight for freedom, I had to fight to keep the ones I love safe. I have to fight to stay alive." She sat herself down, eventually laying on her stomach and with a slight grumble of sorrow, feeling the weight of all her own sins press against her, she placed her claws over her muzzle, closing her red eyes and wishing for it all to just go away.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 07/05/2009 7:42 PM

"...I see. I think I understand what you mean," he nodded. "I was created by my Mistress from the stuff of dreams for a single purpose: To defend the weak and innocent. At the time, she needed me most. I was her shield, defending her from the harsh words and violence of her peers... I helped her to stand strong. But... Well, I no longer have her. And I ended up in this unknown land. So I try to do much the same myself--defend the weak and the innocent here. I actually did it, once!" His voice temporarily pitched, but he seemed to realize it and held himself more cooly. "I mean. I think I helped him out of it. I hope I inspired him to be a little tougher."

"Same person made us," William said. "A couple years before him, though. We've been stuck here longer, but it's nice. Sadly, we're just little fluffy things. I don't think we're special enough to help people."

[24, 46]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 07/06/2009 7:32 AM

Redemption looked up at them. "But you do not truly understand until you have seen the flames I create reach the sky, until you have seen the pure anger in my emplyer's eyes, until you have heard the dicipline in his voice. And it spurs me on, it makes me want to hurt people more, and I know I can do better but I...I just can't." She felt as if her bones were about to snap, the weight growing more and more, apparently, a problem shared, is a problem halved, but the more she realised the problems, the more they weighed, no matter if she shared it with the whole world, it would still be on her shoulders, it would still be weighing her down.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 07/06/2009 6:03 PM

"I see. A sort of... mental illness, then? A compulsion to hurt people? Perhaps you should see a psychiatrist. ...Forgive me if I misread you; I'm only trying to be helpful."

"D'you try punchin' pillows?" Spottie asked. "That's what we do when we're angry!"

William looked somewhere between endeared and mortified. "I... I don't[ think that's quite what she's getting at..."

[25, 47]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 07/07/2009 12:26 PM

Redemption smiled mournfully. "I do what I'm told to do. and I'm told to make people hurt..." With that, she adverted her face, a frown pulling at her lips as her tail brushed against the sands, looking out to the sea sadly. She then began to stand. She felt her sins press harder, forcing her knees to buckle, wincing as she trained against the invisible chains dragging her downwards, she began to stand again, obviously struggling to do so.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 07/07/2009 3:25 PM

"And Oppresive Master, then!" The Attobeast said. "Well, you must try and break free! If you are already, then I shall help you however I can!" Then his stance went more humble. "Well, at least--if-if I'm understanding you right..."

"That's bad," Spottie said. "It's mean of someone to use you like that! They're a no good-bully, I bet!"

William concurred, but was slightly more withdrawn about it. "If that's your 'employer,' he doesn't sound like a very nice person to work for..."

[26, 48]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 07/07/2009 3:44 PM

Redemption shook her head and smiled. "Young ones, you do not seem to undersand. We do this for the greater good. We do this so the ones whom are too young, too defenceless to know what is happening around them get hurt." Her eyes flared up as a rumble of power began to echo through her voice. "We do this, so then another child, woman nor innocent shall ever be harmed. We are the redemption. I am nasty, to be nice. Please, understand this. I do not need to be set free, for I am doing what I wish to do. I'm making the world a better place." Her voice took on a gentle tone with the last few sentences, nudging one of the bandol's once again playfully.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 07/07/2009 3:54 PM

"...I'm really confused..." Little Spottie slunk to the ground, putting his stubby fins over where his ears would be. "Now my head hurts..."

"I think she means... she's... hurting the bad guys?" William said wonderingly. "I think. Like... like a superhero, or something! Yeah, like you!" He looked up at The Attobeast.

The Attobeast looked off sadly. "...I... I suppose, yes. Though I... I think I may be more defensive..." He sighed, sitting down in the sand. "Well, then, who exactly have you been fighting? Anyone specific? I'd be curious. I admit, I'm curious to know if there's helping to be done; I do like a Cause or two..."

[27, 49]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 07/07/2009 4:02 PM

Redemption smiled and shook sand from her form as she stood. "I suggest you talk to Confusion about that, he knows the master plan, I just know that the ones we are harming, we do not kill, we are simply bringing redemption. Confusion has been around for many, many years. He has seen many things." Her eyes glinted as she began to take flight. "Come, my freinds, let us take to the skies. Less ears up there." She smirked, beginning to circle upwards.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer