Welcome to the Dead Coast, home to the world's largest bucket of salt! Located nearest the Re'nee Sea, this small port-city is home for all opportunists who would gather the sea's salt deposits left on the shores and sell them for profit. (+2 to Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Dead Coast

The Beginning (Me, Zap & Wynd)

Postby Sappheara » 01/23/2010 1:14 AM

Angeni never been to Dead Coast before, sand sliding in between her paws. She looked around the area with a smile. I wounder what exciting new things could be out here thinking to herself. The Cake Kuhna pounced on the sand dun, her left front leg slipped out from under her. Angeni fell face first into the sand. Shaking her head to remove the sand from her face, Angeni looked around to make sure that no one saw her fall. Her tails twisting together "AAHHHH!" She screamed into the air. An echo followed her scream.
Sappheara
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2169
Donate

Re: The Beginning (Me, Zap & Wynd)

Postby Wyndhail » 01/23/2010 3:27 PM

'Dead' Coast? How grim, how very grim indeed.
The area wasn't as dreary as the name implied and there were certainly no zombies roaming about for the name to actually be true, but if you wanted the little Teigu to be quite honest with you, it was rather boring. It was mostly all grays and dark blues, at least alongside the beach, and cities weren't really Pip's thing. They were too predictable, no matter how small, so it made sense that the teigu was 'exploring' the beach. She sniffed the salty air, nosing any prints she found in the sand only to find the scent of most of them quite stale. Pip was beginning to think that this was a waste of time, but she was far too persistent to give up and it would be embarassing to return to her residency so quickly. After all, she tended to brag about how she was an explorer and would find something interesting and... well, you get the point. Skirting around a large piece of tide-smoothed driftwood, the teigu was then reminded of something. ... She hadn't told anyone where she was going. That probably meant she was in for a small discussion when she got back. Something like 'you need to tell me where you're going at all times because you've been staying with me and I'm responsible for you now and I talk about this to you too much and you know how I am with this worrying thing and don't do it again'. Personally she thought that Noah was a bit too protective, but the thought never occurred to her that the reason was probably that she was only nine years old. Pip, of course, thought she was completely mature and responsible.
... Gosh, there were barely even any /trees/ on this endless expanse of beach. Nothing climbable, anyway. Just as Pip was about to give up on her search for intrigue and mystery, Pip heard a scream coming from a little ways away. Here it was! This is what she was looking for! And maybe she'd get to use her doctor-skills, too. People usually yelled when they fell or got hurt or something, but if it was important doctors needed to be fast. Pip suddenly accelerated her walking speed, darting quickly across the beach and kicking up sand in her wake. The small satchel around her neck flopped about wildly, almost spilling bandages, gauze, and what-have-you all over the place. Soon, a small brown-white-pink blob was in sight. The Teigu skidded along to a stop alongside it, peering curiously at the blob to see what features she could make out. It was... a Kuhna, right? She wasn't sure what kind, though.
"Hi! I'm Pip. Are you hurt? 'Cause I'm a doctor. Yep.~"
... Right.
get a little closer, let fold
cut open my sternum, and pull
my little ribs around you
the lungs of me be crowns over you
the rungs of me be under, under you

ill cut the soft pockets, let bleed
over the rocky cliffs that you leave
to peer over and not forget what feet are
splitting threads of lightning over me

"Fineshrine" by Purity Ring

zoo pen sales
Wyndhail
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 222
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 01/23/2010 9:13 PM

Moruvan's eyes darted wildly from side to side as he trembled, walking unsteadily down the coastline. His firey tails flicked when he saw a large rock to hide behind. Darting behind the rock, he pressed his back against it and slid down into the sand, exhaling deeply. "Phew! That was close," the Kuhna murmured, closing his eyes slightly. Suddenly, a high-pitched scream sounded from somewhere down the sand-road. Moruvan's eyes flung open as he leapt up and whirrled his head around to find the owner, or cause, of the voice. Instinctively he found himself running towards the sound, but then he stopped. "Wait... Don't I usually run away from these kinds of noises?!" He sighed and shook his head. "Moruvan, turn around," he said to himself. "Now." His paws stayed rooted to the ground. "On the other hand," he said after much internal struggling, walking once again toward the sound. "I haven't had a real adventure in a long time!"

Moruvan picked up the pace as he neared where the sound seemed to have come. After a short time of running on swift pawsteps, not leaving any pawprints for he had the Cover Your Tracks ability, he came to a Gum Teigu and what appeared to be a Cake Kuhna. Stopping about 20 feet from the group, he decided to watch from behind a nearby sand dune, just to make sure they weren't hostile. As he turned into the sand dune, he heard the Teigu say something about being a doctor. "A medic, eh?" Moruvan whispered, studying her closer. "At such a young age...?" He shrugged. He took a step backward, not seeing the piece of glass jutting up from the sand. It sliced his paw, causing a rather nasty-looking wound. "YEEOWCH!" Moruvan screeched, giving away his hiding place. "Stupid trash!"

(1)

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 506
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby Sappheara » 01/23/2010 9:58 PM

Angeni was a little startle when the Teigu walked up from behind her. "Umm... I think I'm ok. I fell off the sand dun." She looked at the bright colored Teigu. Angeni was a little embarrassed at getting caught for her clumsiness. "WOW! Your a young doctor!" Dusting off the rest of the sand from her face. Angeni jumped from where she was when she heard a scream. She looked around the area, the Cake Kuhna couldn't see anyone. Jumping up on one of the sand duns, she looked around. "Did You hear that?" looking at Pip. She looked around some more, behind one of the sand duns she could see what look some what like other Kuhna.
Sappheara
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Wyndhail » 01/24/2010 1:08 PM

Pip nodded vigorously once Angeni confirmed that she was quite okay.
"Alrighty then. I was just making sure--"
The teigu was quickly interrupted by a screech from behind her and she whipped around. Well, today was just turning out to be a very loud day, wasn't it? Here she'd found that it was so quiet and monotonous and dully colored to boot, but suddenly there were a bunch of screams and yelps and what-have-yous all in one place! Maybe things that got hurt just concentrated themselves in one area... though Angeni wasn't hurt. That was a relief; while she admittedly enjoyed showing off Pip wouldn't deliberately /want/ someone to hurt themselves. That would be wrong! There was another kuhna there who had apparently hurt itself- were kuhnas clumsy naturally? She couldn't recall, but something had happened to this critter and she needed to help it, quick!
"I'll be right back! Doctor Pip to the rescue!"
She didn't really need to say she'd be back... Moruvan was, you know, only a few yards away. But whatever.
With that the brightly-colored 'doctor' raced over to Moruvan, flicking off the satchel from her neck with a paw and pushing it open once it was resting on the ground. (It was times like this where Pip wished she had a human form- it was so much easier.) Some bandages, antibiotic cream, and the like poked out slightly. She squinted down at the sand. A small piece of glass was poking out, and Pip peered at the kuhna's paws to see which was injured. Once she found it, the teigu bursted into more lively conversation.
"Hey, what's your name-- wait, no, there's no time for that! Quick, show me your paw or you'll bleed to death! And y'know what happens when you bleed to death?" Pip paused for dramatic effect. "... You die!" Okay, maybe she was overreacting a little. Pip leaned down and rooted around in that little supply bag she had there in search of an appropriately sized bandage and flicked off the backing with some minor trouble, holding it in her mouth until Moruvan showed her his oh-so-life-threatening injury. She couldn't let a patient die! It would tarnish her image!

zoo pen sales
Wyndhail
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 01/24/2010 8:04 PM

Moruvan reeled back in surprise as the Teigu approached him, and suddenly started examining his paws, telling him something about bleeding to death. "S-stay away!" Moruvan hissed, inching backward. The act of walking shot pain up his injured paw: the front right one. He groaned with pain and picked up his paw to examine it himself; the glass had gone deeper into his paw. "Alright, miss... Er, what did you say your name was? Pip? Doctor Pip?" he said, fur bristling and tails flicking uneasily. "Well, if you can... Um, fix my paw, that'd be great." What am I thinking?! Moruvan thought frantically. I can't trust her! I can't trust anybody...

He found himself holding out his paw to her, blood trickling slowly down his arm. "Oh right! You, um, asked me my name, right? Name's Moruvan," he murmured, looking over Pip's shoulder. "Is she alright?" he asked, observing the Cake Kuhna. "She must have been the one who screamed, right? Or was that you?"

(2)

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby Sappheara » 01/24/2010 8:36 PM

Angeni jumped off the sand dun and ran behind Pipe. She stopped suddenly, almost running into the Teigu and Kuhna. "Wow that was close." Angeni saw blood running down Moruvan's right paw. "Hello, I'm Angeni I forget to introduce myself earlier." She went around the others. The Cake Kuhna looked around the sand before taking a sit on the other side of the dark colored Kuhna she watched as Pipe help Moruvan. Pawing the sand in front of her. "Why where you hiding?" She looked around the beach. Angeni didn't know how to help him, she wasn't doctor.
Sappheara
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Wyndhail » 01/24/2010 9:38 PM

Pip simply looked at the kuhna as if he were crazy once he started telling her to 'stay away'. Clearly he was paranoid, but her 'medical ability' did not span over to mental issues. However, Moruvan eventually calmed down and became compliant. Pip squinted down at the wound.
"Oh? The glass is still in there?! I can't use this bandage now, if I stick it somewhere else it'll be contaminated!" Clearly Pip took her 'work' quite seriously. She flicked the bandage off of her paw with the other. Ordinarily a doctor would use tweezers in such a situation, but while she had a pair of them in her medical satchel there was absolutely no way she could use them without opposable thumbs. Now that Pip thought of it, she wasn't sure why she had them in the first place. Oh well. There was only one thing to do, then. The teigu reared up on her hind legs, reaching her forepaws out until she could feel either front toe touching the small part of the glass that poked out from the wound. Slowly and gently she pulled it out, careful not to move the glass in any other direction to make sure the slice didn't become bigger. Once it was removed, the teigu rooted around in her bag again for a bandage and removed the backing in a similar fashion before applying it to the cut and smoothing it out with a paw. Pip returned to sitting on her hind legs.

"There. Now ya won't bleed to death. And nice to meet you, Moruvan. You can just call me Pip. I'm not actually a certified doctor, you know. But I'm learning," the teigu admitted. She glanced back at Angeni, then at Moruvan again. "She's fine. She just tripped, I think." That reminded her that the other kuhna had not introduced herself and Pip was about to ask about her name, but there was no need as she introduced herself as Angeni.

"Alright, nice to meet you too, Angeni. So what would you two be doing around these parts, and all?" Pip could've asked several other questions, but she was pretty curious herself as to why Moruvan had been hiding.

zoo pen sales
Wyndhail
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 01/24/2010 10:08 PM

Moruvan blinked as Pip placed a bandage on his paw after carefully sliding the glass shard out. "Thanks," he muttered, placing his paw carefully on the sand to test it's pain level. "Actually, that feels much better." He turned to the Cake Kuhna. "Nice to meet you, Angeni," he said, nodding. "Why was I hiding,' you ask? That's easy! I, erm..." Moruvan stared off into space for a moment. "Y'know what? I don't remember." The Tanree Kuhna shrugged and turned back to Pip. "The reason I'm here is because... Well, I know I was running from something... Maybe I was just practicing my elusive ninja-ness." He blinked and showed a toothy grin. "Do you like ninjas?" My, what an odd thing to ask. Especially for his personality. Moruvan didn't exactly have a 'split personality,' but he could easily switch from grouchy and paranoid to hyper and goofy. "So why are you guys here?"

(Ninjas, lawl. XD Random, I know. Sorreh~ D:)

(3)

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Sappheara » 01/24/2010 10:31 PM

Angeni jumped up from where she was sitting. "I'm glad no is dieing." she looked a Pip. "Why am I here? Scratching her head recalling how she ended up here. "Earlier I was playing around chasing some birds. I wasn't paying attention where I was going and ended up here." her white teeth showing from her smile. The Cake Kuhna laughed at Moruvan's comment  "Ninja-ness?" She jumped on a small sand dun in front of her. "I never met a ninja before. So... What kind of ninja are you?" Angeni jumped over a small crab. Both her tail started twisting together, she was excited at meeting a ninja.
Sappheara
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Wyndhail » 01/24/2010 10:44 PM

"You're welcome! I'm glad it feels better." She paused briefly to allow for Moruvan to talk about why he was here and why he was- or had been- hiding.
Pip tilted her head slightly to the side. ... Ninjas, was it? How off his rocker was this guy? Of course, then again, she was the one who thought that stepping on a piece of glass would kill someone of normal blood consistency and that putting down a band-aid would somehow contaminate it. Oh well. Now then, the current dilemma was whether she liked ninjas or not. "Yes, I guess so. I was always on more of the ninja side than the pirate side. It's always been life's essential question, you know? I'm sure everyone's thought about it at least once."
Whatever that meant.
"As for why I'm here--" (even though nobody had asked) ".. I'm on the search for adventure. Except I didn't tell anybody where I was supposed to be going and now my mentor guy is going to talk about how I need to tell him where I'm going more often. I think I can be trusted on my own. Do you think I can be trusted on my own?" The question wasn't directed at any particular one of them, it was just there hanging in the air and such. And yes, 'mentor guy'. How professional.
(Short. Fsjfsdssh. D8)

zoo pen sales
Wyndhail
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Sappheara » 01/26/2010 11:47 PM

"I can do a roundhouse kick!" she said with enticement. "Just like a ninja. Wanna see?" Angeni didn't wait for their reply. She jumped on top of a small boulder and than other slightly larger one. "I'm queen of the world!" the Cake Kuhna shouted out loud. Angeni jumped off the boulder with her right leg out, she was trying to spin at the same time. It looked more like a seizure than a roundhouse kick. Falling straight on her butt, she got up with a huge smile on her face. "See, I told you so." she was so proud of herself, thinking she accomplished the roundhouse kick.

{5}
Sappheara
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 01/27/2010 8:46 AM

(Whoops, hehe, I sort of thought I already replied? D:)

Moruvan listened to the other two's answers, then nodded his head, as if contemplating them. "Yes, yes, I do believe I've heard about the whole 'Pirate/Ninja' thing. All over the internet, you know," he said to Pip, grinning. "And I'm not really a ninja yet," he said, turning to Angeni. "But I suppose I'm... Your average ninja?" Wow. Average and ninja just don't go together, huh? "Yeah, like the kind that doesn't concentrate on attacking, but moreso fleeing, hiding, and confusing their opponents," he explained as Angeni said something about doing a roundhouse kick. He chuckled when she fell off onto the ground, then got up thinking it was perfect. "Not bad," he purred. "But check this out."

Moruvan stood up on his hind legs and placed his paws together. After a few moments of silence, his eyes flew open. "Ninja art, Replacement Act!" he shouted. Suddenly, the area around him was covered in a puff of smoke. When the smoke cleared, only a sea shell remained where Moruvan once was. "Over here!" he exclaimed. The Kuhna was now some number of feet behind his new friends. "Pretty cool, huh?"

(4)

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Wyndhail » 01/27/2010 7:27 PM

Pip tried to mask her amused snickers once Angeni showed them her attempt at a roundhouse kick. It was a pretty sad attempt, too, but of course she didn't say anything like that. After all, it wouldn't be too nice, and doctors were supposed to be nice. So, instead, the teigu nodded at Moruvan once he explained his knowledge of the pirate/ninja argument. She assumed, then, that he was on the side of ninjas. He was evidently one, after all. She was on the ninja side too. They seemed cooler than pirates, who for the most part seemed like they would smell bad and be all hairy and crusty and what-have-you.
Average ninja? There was such a thing as an average ninja? For a moment she was skeptical. 'The kind that doesn't consentrate on attacking, but moreso fleeing, hiding, and confusing their opponents' sounds like the kind of thing someone would say when they thought they were a ninja but what they were really good at was making amusing statements about their own cowardice and running away as quickly as possible. She wasn't sure, though, and didn't jump to any conclusions. Rightfully so, too, because Moruvan did end up putting up an impressive performance.
For a moment Pip only stared in confusion at the cloud of smoke and, then, the small seashell that was laying on the beach where Moruvan had previously been standing. However, once she heard his voice come from several feet behind her, the teigu whipped around.
"That was really cool!" she exclaimed, using her slightly limited nine-year-old vocabulary. Of course, considering her 'profession', she did know some big non-nine-year-old words like... 'laceration' and 'fracture' and 'incision'.

zoo pen sales
Wyndhail
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Sappheara » 01/27/2010 7:48 PM

The Cake Kuhna turned to the sound of Moruvan voice "Wow! That's so cool!" With excitement, she started to jump up and down. Running towards the other Kuhna Can you teach... trailing from her sentence, she turned around and ran back to Pipe. "Can you do something like that, Dr. Pipe?" her tails twisting together. Angeni mind can never stick to one subject for to long, whatever caught her attention she went with it. "How long have you been a doctor... or in medical field?" From the corner of her eye she saw a crab walking along side them. The little Cake Kuhna starting chasing after it.

{6}
Sappheara
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Next