Welcome to the Dead Coast, home to the world's largest bucket of salt! Located nearest the Re'nee Sea, this small port-city is home for all opportunists who would gather the sea's salt deposits left on the shores and sell them for profit. (+2 to Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Dead Coast

Re: *A LARGE BUCKET OF SALT! And Eggs Too, Yup.*

Postby zapdragon555 » 05/03/2010 7:57 PM

Yumiko struggled to stop as the next egg came into view. An egg nearly toppled out of her wingblade 'nest,' but she moved her shoulders just in time to keep it on her back. Grabbing egg 19 in her jaws, she carefully set it on her back at the very top. She now had a somewhat colorful pyramid on her back, which contrasted greatly to her black and white fur. Laughing lightly at how silly she must look, she turned and started heading for shore. She couldn't see anymore eggs on the water. "I suppose that about sums it up..." she murmured. "It was really fun, though."

(35) Level up! (Egg #19 obtained - No more eggs? D8)

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 506
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby amapup » 05/03/2010 9:46 PM

Pup stuck her head above water. She saw a flicker of black in the distance - probably another contestant - but besides that there didn't seem to be any more eggs. She sunk back underwater. That had been fun. Hey, lets see who could could get to the shore first! A mischievous gleam in her eyes, the Kuni sped off like a torpedo towards the shore.

(Zap just got the egg Thunder)

Barely controlled locomotive consuming the picture and blowing the Crows
to Smoke
Eternalized
Objectified
You set your sights
So high
But this is beginning to feel like the bolt busted Loose
from the Lever

Pets (under construction):Wishlist:Trades
amapup
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 996
Donate

Postby .:Random Event 2:. » 05/04/2010 1:06 AM

The event was over? Oh boy!

"HEY!" Chorey called from the shore, "Everyone, the event is OVER!!"

Chorey was practically dancing as he waited for everyone else to head on back. When they had all returned he started counting points, his brother following behind and making sure he was counting correctly. When all of this was done Chorey cleared his throat and announced who had how many points.

Rebel_the_Proud and zapdragon555 = 56 + 22 = 78 (90 with the 15% increase: 45 points each)
rayquaza7996 and Giratina127 = 50 + 15 = 65 (74 with the 15% increase: 37 points each)
kabuto_rocks and Aussie = 23 + 29 = 52 (60 with the 15% increase: 30 points each)
Freezair and IndigoBook = 52 + 1 = 53 (60 with the 15% increase: 30 points each)
clackno1 and why = 35 + 18 = 53 (60 with the 15% increase: 30 points each)
Lunasa and Thunder = 3 + 21 = 24 (28 with the 15% increase: 14 points each)
Season in Effect: None
Activity: Active, awaiting hunts.
Most Recent Dossier: Lost Guardians
Discovered Pet Count: 40.9%

Please don't PM me without a good reason, otherwise I'll just ignore you!
.:Random Event 2:.
Surprise!
Surprise!
Pets | Items
Keystones: 883
Donate

Postby kabuto_rocks » 05/04/2010 12:31 PM

Pricking her ears, Zeta stopped what she was doing and tried to listen. She couldn't really make out many words, but she guessed the shout had to mean the event was over. Why else would they be calling people?

Filled with a surprising feeling of sadness, she began the short paddle to shore. She'd actually been enjoying herself out there, and it seemed a shame to go back to the boring mundanity of her normal life. Mind you, she was getting a bit sick of paddling constantly just to keep herself from drowning. And her fur was weighed down by both water and salt, an itchy combination.

Perhaps it's for the best... She thought optimistically as she waded the last few feet before scurrying back ashore. The first egg she had rescued was waiting for her, laid out patiently on the sand. She towed in the ones tied to her and released them, creating a tidy little nest of sorts out of the sand. Satisfied her work was done, she quickly shook to try and get rid of some of the water before cantering over to the announcers.

The amount of points was quite pleasing and she swayed happily as she tried to brush off the quickly-drying salt. Sitting down and folding her front legs, she waited patiently for her partner to return
kabuto_rocks
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 217
Donate

Postby rayquaza7996 » 05/04/2010 4:08 PM

Naomi sighed. If her partner had done more, she might have placed first instead of second. She curled up on the beach, the eggs inside her pouched rolling out - two gold, four purple.

"I rather like these," she said to herself. "They shall be mine, from now on." She scooped them up again and took flight, off to somewhere or nowhere.

(Naomi says buh-bye :D)

You've been known to obsess over the future,

Do you think you'll get away from the past?

As you starve yourself just to make it through to midnight,

Consider what you might have found.

You think you've got a good thing now?
Ludo - Topeka

.:Pen:. .:Clickables:. .:Wishlist:. .:Journal:. .:Characters:.
rayquaza7996
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 43
Donate
Location: Riding a giant pit bull through the sea of kittens to meet the lion king!

Postby zapdragon555 » 05/04/2010 4:14 PM

Yumiko turned her head around to the voice of the smaller of the two Gyrraptors. "I guess that's it, then," she said, a sad smile on her face. After swimming so much, she knew she'd improved, at least a little bit. Carefully turning around, Yumiko paddled forward at a slow pace. She wasn't too inclined on reaching the shore any time soon, but the event was over. "I love how weightless everything feels in the water," she sighed, letting the salty water brush her chin. "Maybe I can convince Zap to get a pool..."

When she finally reached the shore, she realized she was one of the first ones there. Nodding to Zeta, Yumiko padded over to a place where the sand was packed in and cool. She emptied her wingblades of the eggs, catching them as they started to roll away. She carefully placed them all in a pile, which she then curled her body around. "This should keep anymore from 'running away'," she laughed lightly. Already the sun was warming up her back fur. "I wonder how long Sogekihei will take," she murmured as she looked at her score. "Wow!" she exclaimed. "We both get 45 egg points?" The black Lucain gave a wolfish grin. "That's not bad at all!" Yumiko's eyes grew heavy as the sun warmed her fur. "I'll go back home after a short nap. Zap's probably worried about me by now," she said, closing her eyes. With that, the Lucain got some real rest for the first time in hours.

(Pulling Yumiko out now~ ;D)

(36)

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 506
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby Giratina127 » 05/04/2010 6:35 PM

Sukuza swam back to the beach, somewhat relieved that the contest was over. She sighed when she let the eggs in her pouch roll out onto the sand when she sat down.

"I hope Naomi isn't mad at me for not doing more." She said. She decided to take the eggs with her and grabbed them and took off back home.

(Sukuza has left the contest)
Proud and so glorious Standing before of us Our swords will shine bright in the sky When united we come To the land of the sun With the heart of a dragon we ride We are flying on wings in winter sky With fire burning deep inside We are warriors of endless time forever and on On wings of steel an ancient flight We see the powers that unite The gods will now send us a sign of battles once more
Dragon Force, Heart of a Dragon The Gigan avatar was made by me, Gigan (c) Toho
Giratina127
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 586
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 05/04/2010 9:45 PM

Sogekihei
{62 Posts; Level 13}

The great brute yawned, feeling his muscles tense slightly and then relax as he pulled himself on land, the water dripping off his scaly body. Shaking his body off, Sogekihei noticed his partner with her eggs. The brute snorted and stalked her way, dropping his own 'clutch' from his mouth and looking to the scores. He heard Yumiko's words about their score before he saw it and nodded his head in satisfaction. "Not bad, not bad. Well, I'm off to take a long, well deserved sleep tonight. See ya 'round, Yumiko." And with a snort, Sogekihei took off for home in a slow well paced walk.

Look into my eyes you'll see
A graveyard filled with dirt and defeat

Look into my eyes you'll see
The weight on my soul

Where the fallen angels sleep
The crooked hearts and the crossroads meet

Where the haters say my name
And carve it in stone

I'm gonna make a comeback
I'm gonna dig six feet up tonight

I'm gonna get it all back
I'm gonna make a comeback this time