Welcome to the Dead Coast, home to the world's largest bucket of salt! Located nearest the Re'nee Sea, this small port-city is home for all opportunists who would gather the sea's salt deposits left on the shores and sell them for profit. (+2 to Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Dead Coast

Re: Thar Be Pirates! (Palmie Event Thread)

Postby Celtic » 01/18/2011 9:23 PM

Well, so long as they were losers on the deck and not pirates, surely, it would be easy right? Speks commented on the little palmie's enthusiasm in his head with sarcasm. Without a doubt he was in for it and considering how cheerfully the little thing was talking about getting beaten, he was beginning to sincerely question how safe he was with this little ball of crazy. But, he had no choice, right?

Speks just rolled his eyes and continued moving. Once in R5, Speks barely even glanced over the boxes before finding the ladder. "This the ladder then?" Hopefully with his quick glance around the room he didn't miss anything because now he had seen it, his eyes weren't moving off that ladder, afraid it might do something weird like disappear of move. After all this tree was talking and stuff.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's
in love and flowers pick themselves

- e. e. cummings

[ Z o o P e n ][ W i s h l i s t ]
Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 199
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 01/22/2011 12:03 AM

(So, is this my last post, or do I also make a leaving post?)

Fuyuki, being in human form, couldn't see extremely well in the dark. Forge clicked at him and kneaded his shoulder, causing the Kuhna man to wince. "Forge, cut it out," he muttered, ceasing his sword-waving for a moment, though he continued to walk. Suddenly, his boot met an algae-covered stone, sending him flying forwards. He was expecting to hit the water, or some sort of dangerous coral, so he was quite surprise when he fell face first onto some sort of cool, grainy substance. He gasped and pushed himself up, grabbing a handful of the stuff. "Sand!" he exclaimed, a huge grin spreading over his face. "W-we made it, Forge!" Forge, who had tumbled off his shoulder onto the sand, clicked excitedly and dug around a bit in the sand.

(28) (23)

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 506
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby .:Random Event 2:. » 02/03/2011 5:06 AM

((From this point on the rules have changed again. From now on, I will not reply, the aim is for you guys to let yourselves out of this thread. It can be one, or more posts it is up to you. You also have full control  (if successfully tamed) of the Palmie. The change has occurred, since I wish to finish this up and free myself up so I can work on other RE2 projects and normal tamings. I apologize, and below, I will supply you with what you have won from this event. Please PM me when you have finished, thank you.))

Soriana

((I've already done my reply to you. But I'll let you know that you have successfully tamed a Common Palmie, congrats~ ))

MillietheWarrior

As the Water Palmie paddled through the water with ease and evident boredom, the other two were whispering comments furiously over the Lucain's back, deliberately concealing the nature of their conversation from Alpha. At first the tone was anger, then acceptance. Then after a while, the purple Palmie turned to address Alpha.

"Hey... After we hit shore, do you mind if I follow you for a while?" It said quietly. The Common rolled it's eyes in a huff, but the purple Palmie shot it a look and carried on. "My friends don't want to leave the beach, but I'm interested in seeing what is beyond."

"Land." The Water Palmie bluntly said, finding feet ashore and scuttling up onto the sand.

The Common Palmie flopped off the Lucain's back and skittered up the beach, delighted in getting off that deathtrap. Aah. They were home, how joyous.

((You have successfully tamed a Wisteria Palmie... should you choose to accept. xD I'll send your new Palmie over after you type up a leaving post. ))

Celtic

"Yeah! The ladder is the way to go. Then we got the deck and all it's nasties to tackle!" The Palmie said enthusiastically. "Oh! And losers. Lots of losers. More losers than nasties."

Man, keeping his new found friend's confidence high was a challenge in itself. Still, it was fun messing around with the guy too. And it was kinda neat that they were the same height too, right? He only had other Palmies who were the same height as him.

"C'mon, maan." The Palmie said excitedly, scaling the ladder. "What have we gotta loose, huh?"

((And yup, you get to keep this crazy Cherry Palmie when you're done. ^__^))
Season in Effect: None
Activity: Active, awaiting hunts.
Most Recent Dossier: Lost Guardians
Discovered Pet Count: 40.9%

Please don't PM me without a good reason, otherwise I'll just ignore you!
.:Random Event 2:.
Surprise!
Surprise!
Pets | Items
Keystones: 883
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 02/03/2011 11:31 AM

Alpha was,  honestly suprised to hear the purple palmie  speak. Up until now, she'd thought he had only follwed the lead of the others. Seems though, that he did have a mind of his own. "Uh sure," she said. She thought maybe the palmie would have wanted to stay with his friends, but apparently she was wrong. "I don't mind. It might be nice to have you hanging around. You're welcome to stay as long as you want." She glanced at the othe and frowned. "Well I guess it's goodbye then."

((Cool, thanks for letting me play!))

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby Celtic » 03/21/2011 12:13 AM

Speks was still a bit doubtful, but the palmie seemed to know it's way around... So hopefully it would know a way to go past the 'losers' without getting either of them hurt. Hopefully. But still, up the ladder he went, though why he went first was beyond him. If the little guy knew where it was going, then why didn't it go first? Speks shook his head, trying to focus on going up the rungs and not chickening out or slipping to his doom.

Suddenly, there weren't any more steps for him to go up and he was on a deck. Swarming with big, mean and ugly creatures. The squeaker's eyes grew wide as he looked around his immediate area to find somethign to hide under or behind.

Meanwhile, the palmie was basking in the fresh ocean air, looking around. It was lookin for the closest way out for it and it's new friend. Where ever that little guy had run off to now. Probably hiding under a bucket or something. Thankfully though, he hadn't gotten far. Speks was just pushed up against a wall, trying to hide. "Oh man. C'mon. Where's your sense of adventure? It's just a few pirates. Heck, I don't think they'll even notice us, being so small and all."

Speks glowered at the treelike creature. It was nuts. Completely nuts. "A... few?! Don't you wanna survive? oh I dunno, live a long healthy life maybe?!" The squeaker was careful to keep his voice quiet. He didn't want anyone to hear them and 'come to see what was the matter.' That could go bad. Very, very bad.

"And ya think we're going to remain alive on a priate ship? I'd give ya a month tops. Now, c'mon! Lets go show them what little guys are made of!" The palmie apparently was ready to face his doom, but the squeaker felt otherwise.

"Uh... Well, before we do that, can ya swim?"

"Man, what sorta question is that? I'm on a boat. And I'm a tree. Course I can't swim!"

Weeeelll crap. There goes Speks' plan. "So... Then, how do ya suppose we'll get off this boat?"

"The dinghy o'course." Really, sometimes it seemed like the squeaker wasn't only short on height, but short on a few other things as well. "Which is over there, so, we have to get over there, man."

Speks squeaked. Way... Over... There? D8; He didn't want to do that. he didn't even come close to wanting to go over there. Couldn't they just like... Put the palmie in a ... Bingo! 8D!

"Well, er, why don't we just put you in a bucket and I can pull you to shore? That could be adventurous and er, exciting."

The palmie wanted to slap him. What could be more exciting than ruffin it and fighting off angry pirates? But the palmie could see that Speks was not going to have his mind changed. Sadly. So, with a resigned sigh, the palmie shrugged. "Whatever man, but once on shore, we're going where I want to."

"Deal"

Speks was thoroughly relieved that the palmie had given up fighting pirates. Now all they had to do was go overboard with a bucket. He wasn't sure how long a ways it was, but Speks was a squeaker. He could swim fairly decently. He was ready.

-fastforward-

"Okay. Now just hold onto the bucket and jump. I'll be right after you." Speks instructed the Palmie who was showing a little bit of nervousness. Turns out, it was afraid of water. Not afraid of facing a hundred pirates for a dinghy, but scared of water. The palmie simply nodded before jumping from the makeshift platform they had made with boxes. So far, pirates hadn't really taken notice to the rearrangement of boxes, thank god. When Speks saw a little splash, he dove stright after. He after all, had to make sure the little guy didn't die on him.

The feeling of the water enveloping him was a very welcome thing to Speks indeed. He adored water and felt safest when he was in its depths. Of course his companion was having a very different time. The bucket had managed to fill itself with water and start to sink, taking the little tree along with it.  The palmie started to wiggle and flail, trying to keep aloft. It barely registered the fact that the squeaker had already dove in, it was focused on the fact that it was giong to drown and ultimately die. Fighting pirates would have been way better than this. Way better.

While Speks was enjoying the water, he noticed the bucket slowly sinking to the bottom. A million curse words flew to his mind then as he raced to grab it. Thankfully in water everything was lighter and he was able to drag the bucket back to the surface, in time to see a very panicky palmie start to sink. "oh great." Speks muttered. He just wanted to get to shore. Not have to deal with a drowning palmie. Grrr.

Grabbing his friend's trunk with his flippers the little guy tried to keep the palmie aloft while emptying the bucket and staying afloat himself. Which was not exactly working out for him. Not at all.

"...O...kay. I'm going to let go of... you but I'll hold the... bucket aloft so you... can hop in... Okay?" Speks struggled to talk. He was just a little squeaker! He had absolutely no way of strength and he would eventually drown himself and the palmie if he kept this up.

"okay.." The second that word was out of teh palmie's mouth, Speks let go of it and immediately emptied the bucket and held it so the tip was just above sea level to teh palmie could get it. Or rather... Fall in. With an absense of grace the palmie hoisted itself headfirst into the bucket. Thankfully not too much water got in and it was floating. Thank heavens. Now it was [hopefully] smooth sailing to shore.

((Yay wall of text 8D! Though yeah. Now at shore. Thank you sooo much for letting me play and for this lovely little cherry palmie <3))

Last bumped by .:Random Event 2:. on 03/21/2011 12:13 AM.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's
in love and flowers pick themselves

- e. e. cummings

[ Z o o P e n ][ W i s h l i s t ]
Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 199
Donate