Welcome to the Dead Coast, home to the world's largest bucket of salt! Located nearest the Re'nee Sea, this small port-city is home for all opportunists who would gather the sea's salt deposits left on the shores and sell them for profit. (+2 to Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Dead Coast

Thar Be Pirates! (Palmie Event Thread)

Postby .:Random Event 2:. » 09/25/2010 10:29 PM

~**~
((You know the deal, READ THE WHOLE THING before posting)

Captain Timothy Saberclaw lifted his looking glass to his eye and swept it up and down the coast, on his shoulder sat a Noel Polly. He didn't really care about the other crew members milling around - carefully giving their captain a wide berth - as he was too focused upon what he saw through the telescope.

"Captain!"

With a simple grunt of recognition, Captain Saberclaw finally lowered his telescope to see what his Quartermaster, Quoll wanted.

"The dinghy's in the water, and the crew's ready to go Captain." The Hollow Sygriff said.

The Hydrolisk regarded Quoll with some disgust, before raising the telescope again. "Then go! I'm not interested in your petty affairs, that's your job. I'm only interested in the outcome." He muttered.

Quoll threw the Captain a filthy look, before stalking off to deal with the rest of the rabble.

~ ** ~

Today probably wasn't you lucky day, not at all. Either you hadn't noticed the large ship off the shore, paid no regard to it, or you hadn't seen the raised pirate's flag. Maybe you were too distracted by the wheeling gulls, interesting shells, mounds of salt or the glare from the white sand beaches had obscured your vision.  Either way, it wouldn't have helped if you had seen it or not.
It might have helped if you had a body guard with you, but then again what use was a body guard against a gang of pirates?

It wasn't until the boat had reached the shore, that it was too late to run, though you could have tried. The number of pirates that jumped out of the dinghy was too overwhelming for even a group of people, and they quickly caught up to you.
There were noises - leering, jeering and incoherent jabbering - and a heavy blow over the head... then darkness.

When you awoke, you probably saw the rough wooden interior of the ship and felt the rocking of the waves. Beside you, was a rough map of a ship and on the back there was a rough scrawl that read: "Greetings Insufferable Dumb-Dumb, We do not know each other, or maybe we do but you can't expect me to remember EVERY Dumb-Dumb I meet, but I am Zed and I have brought you here... mostly for my own amusement. You are on the great ship Hawksbane, a mighty pirate ship.
Although Chaos and Confusion are two of my most favorite things the least I can do for you is offer you an idea of where you are, so here is a map of this great vessel. What you do with it is really up to you but I hope you use it well. - Zed."

R1 is the storage hold and slave quarters. This room is actually the cleanest room in the whole ship, however, is also one of the most depressing. The room is lined with benches with around 5-7 chains hanging off each one. There's some boxes lining the edges of the room and there's probably a whip and a few chains in at least one of them. Connects to R2.

R2 is a pretty empty room. There's a ramp to the next floor, and underneath the ramp there's some more boxes. However there might be something interesting in them? Connects to R1 & R3.

R3 comes out onto a kitchen. This isn't your designer restaurant kitchen however... There's a small pantry in the corner, that contains a variety of herbs and spices (probably the biggest collection you've seen) and in another corner, there's a 'cold room', full of cured meats and an assortment of animals hanging from hooks in the ceiling... I wouldn't touch that, unless you had a good stomach. In the main kitchen area, there is a cauldron containing some sort of questionable stew, and chopping boards and knives litter the floor and the benches. Also, I would watch out for the chef... he's a grumpy fellow. Connects to R2 & R5.

R4 is a small cramped room, with maps lining the walls, measuring instruments littered about the floor and in the center of the room, a table with a map of the Region sitting on it. I also heard there's supposed to be treasure in here? Connects to Deck.

R5 is essentially a storage room, and contains a ladder to the outside deck. There's more boxes in here, so it's probably worth your while to look through them... maybe? You never know what could be in here. Connects to R3, R6 & Deck.

R6 contains a myriad of cleaning equipment. It also looks like a good hiding place too. Connects to R5 & R7.

R7 is one of the two crew's quarters. This room is however, designed more like a recreational room, however I don't know when the crew would have time for that. It also doubles as a mess hall, with two sets of benches down the center of the room, and has a dart board on one of the walls. Connects to R6 & R8.

R8 is the second room put aside for the crew. It's more like a bedroom for the crew, with bunks nailed onto the walls. The bunks are about 4 beds high. Underneath each bunk, each member of the crew also has a small trunk. Connects to R7.

R9 is a room reserved for the elite members of the crew, like the guards. It's set up the same way as R8, but a lot tidier.They appear to have their own servants too. I wouldn't want to cross them. Connects to R10 & Deck.

R10 is the slave driver, Irak's room. He's a nasty fellow and that's reflected in the room's appearance. It's messy, and there's instruments of torture thrown across the room and nasty looking weapons hanging from the walls. Not a pleasant atmosphere. Connects to R9 & R11.

R11 is another private room, for the Quartermaster, Quoll. This room is clean, tidy and nondescript. There's a bookshelf, a bed and a few tables and chairs. However, there may be something hidden under it's simple appearance, you never know? Connects to R10.

R12 is the Captains Room. It's always kept locked, but there's ways around that. If you're good at lock picking, or you're just stronger than the average person. Within this room, it's actually very dark, you may need a torch or something. There's a small trunk at the base of the bed, which is locked tight and a bird perch beside the bed. There's also paper everywhere, there's nothing coherent written on it though. Connects to the Deck.

Crows Nest is a short climb up the mast. It's a useful place to hide... if no one is up there though. From up here, you can see everything, and there's a small looking glass tucked away in a pouch up here too. Connects to the Deck.

The Deck is... well your average deck? There's a few ladders to climb and under the ladders, there's doors to go within the ship. There's a trap door to go below and  tucked away towards the front of the ship, there's a dinghy. Connects to the R4, R5, R9, R12 & Ocean.

The Ocean are pretty calm at the moment and not too far off from a shallow reef. People have seen some activity around the reef. Connects to the Deck.

The Beach was the place where this whole thing started. It's just... a stretch of beach along the Dead Coast. You get to this point and you're free, unless there are still pirates hanging about. Connects to the Ocean.

RULES

*Post only when a slot is open

* Once you join one event thread and leave you CANNOT join the other. You can only join ONE event thread and that's it! Keeping it fair guys.

* You can start in any room you please~ Just so long as you can justify it~ Like...  give me a reason why on earth you'd end up in the Captains Room, which is supposed to be locked tight? 8D;

* You can only move through ONE (1) ROOM at a time. Unless specified by myself (In the event of me saying you can leave the ship).

* CLEARLY state what room you are in by either BOLDING or COLORING your selection.

* You get FIVE (5) posts in here, before you are able to be kicked out. I won't kick you out before then, providing you follow all the rules.

* If you complain, whine or break the rules, I will make ye walk tha plank, and yarrr better be hoping there's no sharks.This is a game of chance, it's free and whatever you get has already been predetermined by a dice roll. So... yeah. Just don't do it~

* The Beach and Ocean are a NO START ZONE. That means you CANNOT start in either locations. You can work your way towards the either location but you can't start there or I'll set Saberclaw and Quoll on you and it won't be pretty.

* There is one more restriction. You can ONLY move to the beach when I move you over myself. I'll tell you in an OOC. You never know, I might want to make something happen and if you're gone to quickly for me to make something happen... well. You miss out.

* If you do not make a post any longer than ONE (1) WEEK after I've replied to you, I will kick you out of my thread. 'Cause I want to give people a chance to play the game.

* This is the most important rule of all, so listen up. HAVE FUN! Seriously, if you don't Zed will force you to have fun. And his idea of fun is not what you'd expect to be fun.

COST

FREE

SLOTS

1. CLOSED
2. CLOSED
3. CLOSED
4. CLOSED
5. Soriana
Season in Effect: None
Activity: Active, awaiting hunts.
Most Recent Dossier: Lost Guardians
Discovered Pet Count: 40.9%

Please don't PM me without a good reason, otherwise I'll just ignore you!
.:Random Event 2:.
Surprise!
Surprise!
Pets | Items
Keystones: 883
Donate

Re: Thar Be Pirates! (Palmie Event Thread)

Postby JoseJalepenoOnAStick » 09/25/2010 10:52 PM

Frosset awoke in a large empty room. Today just wasn't his day. "I was just taking a stroll on the beach for my break, and I get attacked by pirates.", he thought rubbing his head. He looked around for any sign of where he was and caught a glimpse of a piece of paper on the ground, it was a map and there was also a message in it. "Grettings..Insufferable Dumb-Dumb?", He read aloud."Who's Zed?!", he yelled at no one in particular.
He held on to the paper, and then continued to search for clues, and finally saw a ramp. As he made his way towards the ramp, he noticed a few boxes underneath. He went to the side of the ramp, and carefully inspected the boxes. Not considering any consequences he strongly hit one of boxes, hoping to open it in hopes of finding something he could fight the pirates with in it.
[He's in R2. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to specify which room I'm in.]
{Frosset, 1.1}
JoseJalepenoOnAStick
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 119
Donate

Postby Thunder » 09/25/2010 10:52 PM

Telufahn slowly came to, groaning as his vision started out black, then gradually brightened. He felt dizzy, as if someone had knocked him over the head, and he almost fell over as he staggered to his feet. His eyes finally completely cleared, and he felt quite dumbfounded when he found himself in some kind of storage closet with mops and brooms and buckets. He didn't know it yet, but he was in room R6 of a pirate ship, and unfortunately it wasn't Tami'kal's...

There was a piece of paper next to him, which had a drawing of a ship and writing from some guy named Zed. Then he remembered. He was just walking through town, Tami having finally given him a break from that dang pirate ship of hers, when a gang of unruly scalawags had suddenly attacked him and hit him on the head. It seems that they've taken me onto their ship, he thought with a sigh. Off one pirate ship, onto another. Would the madness ever end?

He wasn't sure why they'd dump him in a storage closet. It seemed like a weird place to keep a prisoner. Maybe they ran out of room elsewhere? But anyways, the door didn't seem to be locked correctly, so the Lucain supposed he should try to find a way out...

"If everyone is one, none will be afraid."

Pen~Breeders~Trades~Wishes~Rentals
Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 877
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 09/25/2010 11:01 PM

Human Form

Fuyuki uttered a distressed moan as he slid his eyes open. Clouds soared above him, and the sky was a beautiful blue. Where am I...? he thought, sitting up. He held his head for a moment as it pounded. The wood below him was stained and splintery. Wait, wood?! Fuyuki gasped and looked around. Water. Water everywhere. Fuyuki covered his mouth to prevent himself from screaming. It was then that he noticed the signature skull-and-crossbones flag that plagued his nightmares and haunted his mind ever since that terrible day, when he lost everything he cared for. Everything, that is, except his cutlass and Magma Creeper, Forge. Unfortunately, both seemed to be missing. "Maybe Forge escaped," he muttered softly, trying not to look at the ocean that surrounded him. Fuyuki stood up and brushed himself off. "So I'm on the Deck right now..." he murmured, looking up at the sky.

His foot crunched on something below. "A map?" he mused, picking up the piece of parchment and studying it. He was definitely on the Deck. Well, he couldn't just jump ship! What with his severe Thalassophobia, he wouldn't survive a minute, let alone work up the bravery to walk the plank. He shook his head to clear it and studied the map again. He would have to find his cutlass. The pirates probably took it, he thought bitterly. "It would be great if I could find Forge as well... But where would they be keeping him?"

(14)

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 506
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby Lunasa » 09/25/2010 11:19 PM

Human Form

Renee woke up with a pounding headache. Tesla had insisted she go to the beach without him despite the fact that this was supposed a date. Not that she minded too much. It was nice to be outside again. But something had happened and she was not where she was supposed to be. Some man had grabbed her from behind and hit her over the head.

And now she was in R5. She looked around blearily, wondering where she was. The light from the hatch leading out lanced at her eyes painfully. Crates and barrels surrounded her. Well, she knew she in a storage room. Not that helped much.

R: 0.1
Me ne freggo - The Blackshirts

Home Sweet Home
Avatars by hyuroi, lachrimaavon, tablo, volkner, and mizzsheldon
Lunasa
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 56
Donate
Location: That place between light and dark where madness grows

Postby Soriana » 09/25/2010 11:33 PM

He awoke in the crow's nest--although he didn't realize it at the time. The chirping of birds and the whistling of the wind alerted him that he was not where he had been before, strolling along the market in Jawan. Above him were puffy white clouds that moved slowly across the periwinkle sky... and something else was white, too. Sails. He seriously wondered whether or not it was an appropriate time to question his sanity as he stumbled to his feet, and glanced down. His heart skipped a beat when he discovered he was a long way from ground level. His expression did not change noticeably in reaction to his current predicament, however, as he had been taught at a young age never to wear his emotions on his sleeve. A ruler, his father iterated, had to be as unshakable as a statue in order to gain the respect and obedience of his people. He started to analyze the situation when something blew over his head, eclipsing the sun and darkening the sky for a few fleeting seconds. He turned his head, and his eyes locked onto the object. A pirate flag.

[1]

The King beneath the mountains,
The King of carven stone,
The lord of silver fountains
Shall come into his own!

His crown shall be upholden,
His harp shall be restrung,
His halls shall echo golden
To songs of yore re-sung.

The streams shall run in gladness,
The lakes shall shine and burn,
All sorrow fail and sadness
At the Mountain-king's return!

one two three four five
Soriana
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 216
Donate

Postby .:Random Event 2:. » 09/26/2010 12:17 AM

((Sorry Sapphera~ I'm full up~ I'll get a Mod to delete your post. Please check next time? o3o;; All slots are filled~ P= I'm going to label my responses to your posts, to avoid confusion~))

JoseJalapenoOnAStick

The box shattered, (guess it was pretty moldy, huh?) sending splintered everywhere, it was sheer luck that the splinters that hit Frosset were too small to do any harm. However that luck didn't last too long, unless you could use potatoes as a weapon. The spuds bounced out of the box and as they hit the floor, they split off into random directions. From above, there was a muffled voice, though it couldn't be told whether they had heard the Pingune or not.
It seemed that all that was hidden in this room, was food supplies, however if the Pingune was in need of a weapon, he could always pull a plank of wood off a box.
From here, Frosset could either brave the people above, investigate what lay beyond the next room, or keep searching through these boxes.

Thunder

So there wasn't much to be found in the cleaning cupboard. Unless you liked detergent, or were some super neat freak. What was most odd about this cupboard though, was that everything was arranged close to the ground, like there were little people who used this cupboard the most. Strange, right?
From here, there were two doors.
Behind one (R7), some noise could be heard, whether it was these strange 'little people' or pirates... it couldn't be told. Behind the other, there was silence.

Zapdragon555
Whoever took Fuyuki, would have taken his cutlass too. While some pirates were dumb, their ringleader certainly was not. However, there could be a few places it could be kept. However, wherever Fuyuki chose to go, he needed to make his mind up soon, for there were others on the deck. Whoever the two people talking were, they were up towards the bow of the ship and although they could be friendly, they could also be just as nasty.
There were a few places to go from here, you could hide up in the Crow's Nest, in the Cartographers room, or hide in any of the rooms accessible from the deck.

Lunasa
((Sorry xD; I didn't see that~ My bad. I've gotta... try an fix this now, without rewriting it.))
If Renee had been wearing her Garagnir form, then maybe she would not have ended up on the Hawksbane.
For pirates told stories about great coral beds, which suddenly turned into large beasts. It was not told whether these beasts were malevolent or not, as many did not survive due to the creature's spines ripping through the hull.

No matter the myths, there was still the fact that Renee had to pick somewhere to go.
There were a few places to go from here, and none had too many distinguishing characteristics.

Soriana
The air up here was fresh and easy to breath. It was not tainted by the musty smell of the boat, nor rats or even the aroma's creeping up from the kitchen.
They always said that exposure fresh air was the quickest remedy for headaches, and maybe it was. However, possibly the whistling wind wasn't the best thing for listening out for strangers either...
While the Lucain was attempting to get a grip on his surroundings, there was noise from beneath! Someone was climbing up to the Crow's Nest!

Surprise!
Surprise!
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Lunasa » 09/26/2010 12:30 AM

((It's alright))

Renee staggered upright and groaned. She felt like she had been tossed down a flight of stairs. Which wasn't far from the truth. She stretched, her back cracking loudly. Tomorrow was going to be hell. She just wanted to get out of here and go home.

She looked around again. There seemed to be a door nearby. She walked towards it, hoping maybe to find a way out. Or at least where she was. She opened the door and entered room R6.

R:0.2

Home Sweet Home
Lunasa
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby .:Random Event 2:. » 09/26/2010 1:35 AM

((FYI, I'm RPing with you guys separately. Just... so you know xD; So you can't see other people on here. Otherwise I'd find it too confusing))

Lunasa
Upon entering the cleaning closet, there was a startled yowl and a crashing noise, as the source of the noise attempted to fit under a shelf too small for it. Admittedly these shelves were shorter than usual, but then again the creature trying to fit under them was a fatter than usual Rexxel.

The Rexxel gave up and flopped onto it's haunches, flames flickering and panting with the effort. It obviously loved to eat, and obviously wasn't doing it's job too well as a ratter on board.
It surveyed Renee with shrewd cyan eyes before, almost rolling over in shock.
"A prisoner!" Melvin, (for that was the cat's name) cried. "Y-you're not supposed to be here!"

His surprise was evident and it looks like if you didn't do something now, he'd go and alert one of the crew... and they wouldn't be as nice.

Surprise!
Surprise!
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Lunasa » 09/26/2010 1:58 AM

Renee jumped at the sudden series of loud noises. Wait, what? Prisoner? Her head was still spinning from the blow to the head. She crouched down next the Rexxel and watched it. Where am I? Hopefully, the Rexxel wouldn't be able to dart past her. Even though by the looks of things she could probably catch it. Hopefully. Hey, calm down. Just explain what's going on. Please Renee sighed. This was going so well.

R: 0.3

Home Sweet Home
Lunasa
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby .:Random Event 2:. » 09/26/2010 2:41 AM

((So you've got one post to convince Melvin, then he's gonna be gone~ 8D))

Lunasa
Melvin ceased his struggle to sit back up and rolled his eyes at the question.

"Uh... you're a prisoner aboard the Hawksbane? And you shouldn't be out of your holding cell. And... I'm going to..." Melvin attempted to pull himself up again. "Get up and alert one of the kindly crew to put you back in your cell. And there's not... much you can do to stop me."

As he pulled himself up, his stomach growled. His expression for a split second was sheepish, but it quickly reverted into the focused position.

Surprise!
Surprise!
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Lunasa » 09/26/2010 2:57 AM

Renee felt tears starting to form in her eyes. And today was supposed to be a date. Great. Fine. Maybe if she cooperated, she'd get to go home eventually. But then she heard his growl. The wheels started turning her mind. Hang on a minute She pulled a sandwhich from her bag. She had planned on having it at the beach, but she didn't have much use for it now. She set it on the ground. You can have itJust to be safe, she started edging back towards the door.

R: 0.4

Home Sweet Home
Lunasa
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Soriana » 09/26/2010 5:37 AM

Senkar hadn't so much as gathered his bearings when he felt the wood begin to shake beneath him. Simultaneously, there came a noise which seemed to originate from the deck. The black-furred lucain had no time to go over any combat strategies, and--not wishing to reveal himself to what he figured was his enemy until they were both on the same level--he backed away from the rigging. Although Senkar was without a weapon, he was prepared to defend himself at all costs--by tooth and claw, if necessary.

[2]

(Wow, okay, I totally assumed there'd be a posting order or something. Whoops. XD Also, I was wondering if we're allowed to inexplicably switch our pets' forms during the role-play session.)

The King beneath the mountains,
The King of carven stone,
The lord of silver fountains
Shall come into his own!

His crown shall be upholden,
His harp shall be restrung,
His halls shall echo golden
To songs of yore re-sung.

The streams shall run in gladness,
The lakes shall shine and burn,
All sorrow fail and sadness
At the Mountain-king's return!

one two three four five
Soriana
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 216
Donate

Postby .:Random Event 2:. » 09/26/2010 6:38 AM

Lunasa
Melvin wrinkled his nose when he saw her get up set. He didn't care for the prisoners, or their petty emotions. They served a purpose for the pirates. They made excellent money if they were sold in the Slums. That was more money to feed his greedy maw.

He was pretty much sold over my the sandwich though. He snatched it from her hands and gave it an experimental sniff before swallowing the lot, a greedy plan forming in his mind. He liked the girl already. Maybe she could give him more food.

"Say... kid." He finally rolled onto all four paws. "You reckon you could get me more grub? The kitchen should be empty and with hands like yours, I bet you could break the lock real easy. Whaddya say?"

Well... you had two options, listen to the crazy cat or run.

Soriana
((Pfft~ RE2 isn't constrained by simple thing like posting orders xD; Well... it's simply to keep things going, so I can get people through? And to answer your question, if your pet is capable, then sure.))

The small, furry head of a younger Blood Gyrraptor popped over the edge of the Crows Nest. He almost clambered in, right on top of the Lucain but thankfully he noticed Senkar in time.

"...Oh!" His eyes widened with surprise and he shot a quick glance to see if anyone below happened to be looking up. "Sorry. I 'adn't expected someone like you there, well... to be up 'ere. Tha' name's Jasper matey. I en't like them. I won't hurt ya or nothin'."

The little Gyrraptor realized he was rambling and clapped a paw to his mouth. He took a deep breath and started again. "You be one o' them pris'ors right? I need your 'elp matey. There be slaves on this ship. The rest o' the crew treat 'em 'orribly. I'll 'elp you 'scape from this 'ere ship, if you promise to 'elp one get out?"

Well, there was only way from here but down... but did you trust the Gyrraptor?

Surprise!
Surprise!
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby JoseJalepenoOnAStick » 09/26/2010 10:39 AM

Frosset shielded his eyes when the box shattered, but found that the splinters didn't even scratch him. He looked at what was left of the wooden box and saw all that was left were potatoes. He picked up one of the potatoes and went to another box and pulled off a plank of wood from a different box with his other flipper. He decided it would be best to venture on up the ramp. He walked up the ramp, and came into a kitchen. He looked around, and saw what seemed to be a freezer room, and ventured towards it, gripping his wooden plank. He opened the door and as soon as he saw the hung meats and immediately running into the main kitchen area.
[I wasn't really sure which room the plank went to but I assumed :P]
{Frosset-1.2}
JoseJalepenoOnAStick
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 119
Donate

Next