Welcome to the Dead Coast, home to the world's largest bucket of salt! Located nearest the Re'nee Sea, this small port-city is home for all opportunists who would gather the sea's salt deposits left on the shores and sell them for profit. (+2 to Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Dead Coast

Re: Thar Be Pirates! (Palmie Event Thread)

Postby Firetra » 12/17/2010 4:39 PM

Well Askus was right because Gamma acted a bit too soon for what he was planning for. He let go of the celling (and saying goodby to celling cat) and turned himself over so that he could claw the Ferrikoon. He then landed on top of it with a thud and turned twords the door, waiting to see if the others would react as he had the ferrikoon named Felix under him with sharp claws pointed at his neck. This was going to be a ransom.

Because I could not stop for Death,
He kindly stopped for me;
The carriage held but ourselves
And Immortality

- Emily Dickinson

Firetra
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2631
Donate

Postby .:Random Event 2:. » 12/18/2010 8:01 AM

Zapdragon555

As the hatch opened letting the cool night air flow over the pair's faces, a strange scuffling sound could be heard before stopping abruptly as the hatch squeaked.

A familiar Tavil face was glancing guiltily out from a nearby barrel, a few bottles of rum in his paw. For some reason... he hadn't recognized the prisoners yet, despite looking (well... rather badly squinting) through the eye facing them - his right eye. Maybe he couldn't see so well out of it.

Maybe you might do well to escape. While Irek was too preoccupied with hiding the rum.

Celtic

"Oh, A Squeaker!" The creature cried, trying the word on for size. "That's pretty cool~! I've never seen a Squeaker before!"

The creature probably had no idea that the name was an embarrassment for the little creature. It was called a Palmie. Way to state the obvious, right? And it was completely oblivious to the discomfort it put the Squeaker in.

"Oh~! You're one of the prisoners!" It seemed very... enthusiastic. "I should help you escape or something! Here~! Follow me! I'll show you up to the deck, and no one will even bother you if you're with me!"

...Did you really have any choice?

MillietheWarrior

The room was strangely... neat, which was odd since the rest of the ship looked like a bomb had hit it. There were four beds neatly arranged down the two side walls - no bunk beds, possibly a formality reserved for the elite members of the crew.

There was... some life, but as the door opened it sent whoever they were running for cover under the beds. Tiny buckets and mops were littered about the floor and it was still slightly damp in some places and soaking wet in others.

Tiny little slaves maybe? Just what was this strange ship?

Firetra
((Hey kiddo~ 5 sentence rule still applies here~ Just so you know.))

"Aarrgh! Get offa me you great big stony lump!" The Ferrikoon cried out in surprise - his mouth a little bit too big for his own good.

At their comrades startled cry, both Tam and Askus came running in, Tam holding out his cutlass and Askus wielding his tail like a club. They both suddenly halted when they saw what was happening, and acted very cautiously. The three only had each other on this cutthroat boat and while they wouldn't care if it were any other crew member, they were very protective of each other.

"Felix, quit it!" The Snowball barked, his quiet voice unusually harsh, startling Felix into remaining still.

"A'right... you got us." Tam growled, pointing his heavy blade at the Stargoyle. "How 'bout you let go of our friend there... an' no one gets hurt... aye?"
Season in Effect: None
Activity: Active, awaiting hunts.
Most Recent Dossier: Lost Guardians
Discovered Pet Count: 40.9%

Please don't PM me without a good reason, otherwise I'll just ignore you!
.:Random Event 2:.
Surprise!
Surprise!
Pets | Items
Keystones: 883
Donate

Postby Firetra » 12/18/2010 10:55 AM

(( Oh sorry.... I just didn't notice that I had only four, won't happen again.))

Gamma had all the time in the world to think about this. After all, they were trying to not hurt their freind. Then he came up wih somthing. Sure, I'll let your freind go.... But he follows me to the deck or he sleeps in the locker." He then got off of the Ferikoon, but once he got off hwrapped his tail around the neck, not so hard to hurt him or puncture any hole, but hard enough for him to act like he's being choked. "If you guys make so much as a move on me I'll strangle your freind here. Kapesh?" He then hovered and pulled up their freind to a walking position. "Now move! Out to the deck." He then lead them outside and right at the edge of the deck.

((I am now holding the Ferrikoon hostage out on the Deck))

And Immortality

- Emily Dickinson

Firetra
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 12/18/2010 3:11 PM

Speks had no idea how he was to react to anything this little guy said. But the fact he was a prisoner, that was not something he expected to hear and it gave a whole new meaning to this whole adventure. Now he really had to avoid the pirates. But when the Palmie suggested he make way for an escape, he really kinda doubted that they wouldn't bother him if he just walked out in pure daylight. Or even moonlight, considering he had no idea what time of day it was. But the little squeaker didn't have a choice so he would just have to suck it up and follow the palmie. It may after all be his best choice.

"You sure? I mean, if I'm a prisoner, aren't I supposed to stay where the prisoners are or else?" Speks gulped. He truely was turning into a worrywort, but then again, he also had a valid reason. He didn't want to be eaten, get his head chopped off or anything else that may cause him pain.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's
in love and flowers pick themselves

- e. e. cummings

[ Z o o P e n ][ W i s h l i s t ]
Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 199
Donate

Postby Soriana » 12/18/2010 9:44 PM

Senkar felt his legs begin to move before he realized it was what he wanted them to do. The Palmie on his back was crying out in terror and Quoll was surely right behind them. In his haste, the lucain slammed into a table and knocked several pots and pans over onto the floor. The contents of one or two of them emptied onto Senkar's head--and the pharaoh could only hope that the same might be said for Quartermaster Quoll. He didn't know if they'd make it to R5 alive.

[16]

The King beneath the mountains,
The King of carven stone,
The lord of silver fountains
Shall come into his own!

His crown shall be upholden,
His harp shall be restrung,
His halls shall echo golden
To songs of yore re-sung.

The streams shall run in gladness,
The lakes shall shine and burn,
All sorrow fail and sadness
At the Mountain-king's return!

one two three four five
Soriana
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 216
Donate

Postby .:Random Event 2:. » 12/19/2010 2:34 AM

Firetra

Felix fluttered his wings and flicked his tail about in frustration, but made no further move. Tam gritted his teeth out of annoyance, and Askus shot both the Stargoyle and the Honeydew a sour look, but let go of his tail so it fell back into a resting position and Tam followed suit, following the Stargoyle's orders and heading out onto the deck. The Honeydew was puzzled why Askus hadn't acted - Snowballs could generate a high enough electrical charge in their tails to paralyze their prey.

"Alright then kid. You got us." Askus replied calmly. "You make so much as a mark on my friend and I'll seriously fry your brains. I hope you've heard about the kinds of powers we Snowballs have."

"What do yer want then, huh?" Tam barked. "Yer got yer bloody treasure, there ain't much else for you on a pirate ship - save fer death."

Celtic

"Dear Zu'hai." The Palmie muttered. "You're a heavy thinker, aren'tcha?"

It regarded this Squeaker curiously - it'd never seen a prisoner so... eager to stay where they belong. Maybe he had to inform his new friend where he'd end up if he didn't try to escape.

"Okay, lemme inform you on how things work here." The Palmie declared, bringing it's face up close. " If you're a prisoner, you're pretty much dead. Doesn't matter if you're in your cell or not. I've seen what happens to these guys. You generally end up in little chunks on the Slums Black Market. Or~! You end up as a slave. Depends how rare your guts are."

Hee hee~ It was so fun tormenting with this kid's mind.

Soriana

They're... escaping?! Was the only thought running through the Sygriff's mind, as he planted his claws into the hardwood and gave pursuit of the pair.
It wasn't too hard for the Sygriff to believe - his crew was so torn apart it was on the verge of mutiny and the Palmie slaves loved to stir up trouble when ever they could. And that was just the way Quoll loved his ship. One day... it would soon be his - whenever the crew revolted, or Saberclaw became so afraid of the Palmies, he bolted. Whatever came first.

His thoughts were cut short as a pan came flying off the shelf towards him. In an attempt to avoid it, he shied away to one side, but with a resounding 'ding' it hit the Sygriff, knocking off his feet (mainly from surprise rather than the impact).

"Haha! Good job!" The Palmie cried. "You ain't half bad, but watch it, he's not giving up."

And indeed he was, at least it bought you some time to climb the stairs.

Surprise!
Surprise!
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 12/19/2010 1:30 PM

The squeaker did what he seemed to do alot, he squeaked. This little tiny tree was scary, he didn't like it. No not at all. And the thought of being sold.... In the slums?! That place was dirty, disgusting, and who knows what diseases someone could catch there. Being sold though, might not be too bad...

Wait. What in the world was he thinking! Was he actually considering staying and being sold? Had he gone completely nuts? Whatever happened to proving Zed wrong, huh?! Speks shook his head and puffed out his chest. He would get out of here, and he would not be sold or become a... slave. No. He would not. But, he should probably hurry up before he loses his backbone again.

"Alright, alright. Lets go. I want off this boat." He was going to make it off this boat, though fingers crossed it was not the last thing he ever did.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 12/20/2010 3:51 PM

Fuyuki inhaled deeply as wind buffeted his face. He looked around, and spotted Irek. His smile fell and he froze in fear. However, the Tavil appeared to not recognize them. Well that's odd, he thought. Better act natural. Fuyuki waved slightly and continued on his way. He caught sight of a dinghy, and sped over to it. "This would be perfect for escaping..." he murmured silently. "Although..." The Kuhna man looked back at the Captain's Room. I wonder if I could get in there? Just to look around? he thought. Forge clicked softly and tugged on his sleeve, leaning toward the dinghy.

(I dunno if I was supposed to move to the ocean yet or not. o3o)

(25) Level up! (19)

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 506
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby Firetra » 12/20/2010 6:56 PM

Gamma thought for a bit before he answered. "Bring me one slave and let us escape together, and ring the prisoner alive." If he was getting out, then he was getting out with someone else. "And if you alert anyone else then I will strangle him and throw his body overbord. Got it?"  

And Immortality

- Emily Dickinson

Firetra
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 12/21/2010 1:39 AM

What on earth was that? Rats? Alpha wasn’t sure she wanted to find out. Pirates were one thing, but rats? She wasn’t sure she could handle that one. No, they couldn’t have been rats. The room was way too neat for that. Cautiously, Alpha stepped further into the room, turning her head from side to side. “Hey,” she called, dubious about talking to what seemed like empty air. “Anyone in here? No? Okay, I’ll just be going then.” She darted across the room; yeah, she’d rather face a dozen pirates than a single rat, thankyouverymuch!

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby .:Random Event 2:. » 12/22/2010 9:59 PM

Celtic

Hee hee, the Palmie knew the Squeaker would come around. Excellent, excellent, hat fun this would be! It's normal duties were such a bore. Cleaning, scrubbing, more cleaning and mopping. What kind of life was that for a Dead Coast-bred Palmie, huh?

"Haha, that's the spirit!" The little Palmie cried, quickly darting back to hide all of it's belongings under a nearby bench, before darting back. "Okay! Next place is just through that door. We just gotta figure out how to open it."

Zapdragon555
((You can gooo if you like~ It's just moving from the Ocean to the Beach is the part that I control))

Irek watched the two closely through his bad eye, just before realising that he actually was looking through his bad eye. Grumbling in annoyance, Irek turned his head to investigate who exactly had interrupted his stealing and drinking spree.

Then... his jaw and his bottle dropped in surprise. The prisoners he had locked up? No... that couldn't be right. He had made sure they were chained tightly.
"Oi... what are yer doing?" He called out, not quite sure his eyes were too good.

Maybe Forge's idea wasn't so much of a bad one...

Firetra
((Again... 5 full sentences Firetra, please don't make me remind you again.))

The pair shot each other a look, a... slave? Why on earth would the Stargoyle want one of those? Tam took a step back, then made to go down into the mid-deck to search for one of those loathsome slaves. Quoll would be so mad at them now, for loosing a prisoner and a slave in one fell swoop.
Suddenly, Askus grabbed the back of Tam's bandana that he wore around his neck, forcing him to stop.

Out of the blue Quoll's Voltage Polly, Mirage darted down and pecked the Stargoyle on the wing, in the process discharging a large amount of electricity, enough to fully paralyze him for at least for ten seconds. He then flew back to a perch on the mast of the ship.

Acting quickly, Tam and Askus grabbed the Stargoyle and dragged him off Felix. Then together the three heaved the body into the Ocean, where the current would probably drag him off to the shore. By now, his body should have regained some feeling, enough for the Stargoyle to swim, but it would take another minute to completely wear off, before he could fly. Just enough time for the ocean currents to drag him away.

((If you haven't gathered, you're in the Ocean now~))

MillietheWarrior

ImageImageImage

Three little Palmies crept out from under various things around the room - the Purple one out from a bed, the Common out from under a desk and the Water Palmie out from a shelving unit.
The were clearly scared, but curiosity overrode fear and they wanted to check out this new voice.

"Who are you?" The little Common Palmie asked, tilting it's fronds curiously.
"I don't think we've ever seen you before." The Water Palmie commented.
"Why are you talking to it. It could very well be a new pirate!" The Purple Palmie whined to the others.

That last comment made the Palmies exchange nervous glances and huddle together protectively.
"So what are you doing down here anyway?" The Common asked, eying the Lucain suspiciously.

Surprise!
Surprise!
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 12/22/2010 10:15 PM

If squeaker's could lose all color from their face, Speks would be sheet white. See? His backbone lasted all of like three seconds, if even that sometimes. But still, he was going to get out, so he puffed out his chest and peered at the door, trying to hide the fact that he was shaking. Speks gulped since the doors he usually used didn't even have keyholes, much less were ever locked. But! Due to several 'sick' days at home in his way younger days, Speks had some clue.

"Uhm, well could we find something small and unlikely to bend, like those, er, hair things girls use sometimes?" Speks had no clue what those pins were called and quite frankly, so long as the palmie knew what he was trying to get at at least. But if this idea failed, the squeaker was at a lost, well, except for y'know getting on his hands and knees and praying for someone to come along, open it for him and by some lucky coincidence allow him to follow after. But apart from that, he was up sh*t creek without a paddle.

(Kinda assuming the door has a keyhole, or something with a keyhole like a padlock. Sorry if it doesn't. x3)

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 12/22/2010 10:30 PM

Alpha nearly flipped herself over backwards when she was approached by three strange tree looking creatures. Her eyes widened, and she scrambled away from them. Holy crap! What were those things?! How come they could talk!? Plants were not supposed to be able to talk! She stared at the three of them, mouth opening and closing before she let out a deep breath. Calm, stay calm. This was…she just needed to stay calm. And not be afraid of freaky talking trees. Besides…they were all kinda…cute, especially that little purple guy; he seemed like a, er, tree after her own heart; cautious, and a bit on the angry side, if his comment was anything to go by. Alpha wasn’t exactly one to coo and cuddle over adorable things, but she had to admit, they were adorable all huddled together.

“I’m not a pirate,” she said, deciding it would be best to play the ‘nice route’ with these three. Obviously, pirates frightened them, and she doubted they were here of their own accord. “I was captured by the pirates on this ship, and…well…I ended up getting free, and running into a few and...yelling at them, and they sent me on my way to find…compensation for what they're idiocy." She frowned; well, she’d done a few more things than just yell, but they didn’t need to know that. “What about you three?” she asked, sitting down carefully in front of them. “You'er all…much too cute to be pirates, and I take it you don’t like them anymore than I do. How’d you get on this ship? Did they shanghai you too?”

She suddenly felt a wave of sympathy and kinship; yeah, they probably had. “Well, I can help you out, if you like. I’m on my way to get myself off this stupid ship. You can come along. I’ve dealt with the captain and two other pirates already; I think I can handle whatever else this ship throws my way…” Hopefully, she thought.

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby Soriana » 12/23/2010 6:51 AM

If Senkar's mother and father had seen their son at this very moment, they might have given the throne of Egypt to his next youngest brother. 'Undignified' doesn't even begin to describe it. He was, quite frankly, running from danger with his tails between his legs. Even at the climax of the chase, as Senkar scampered up some short stairs, he couldn't help but feel very, very humiliated. He hadn't much time to process the situation, much less feel sorry for himself, so he continued on his way. He could've sworn he felt Quoll's breath upon the back of his neck as R5 came into sight.

[17]

The King beneath the mountains,
The King of carven stone,
The lord of silver fountains
Shall come into his own!

His crown shall be upholden,
His harp shall be restrung,
His halls shall echo golden
To songs of yore re-sung.

The streams shall run in gladness,
The lakes shall shine and burn,
All sorrow fail and sadness
At the Mountain-king's return!

one two three four five
Soriana
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 216
Donate

Postby Firetra » 12/26/2010 1:22 PM

Oh great. Gamma thought to himself. He was just about to leave with something before that stupid Polly shocked him. When he hit the water, he immediately unfroze and tried to keep his head above water. Being made of stone made it even more difficult. It took him a while but he got the hint that if he stayed, then he would be recaptured, the gold would be taken back, and he would be really locked up and look over so he didn't escape again. So first he yelled nasty words at the crew mates, and then swam slowly away, with the money above water so the bag would not get wet. He was a ways out, but he might be able to make it back to shore before they assembled a group to go fetch him out of the water.

And Immortality

- Emily Dickinson

Firetra
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext