Welcome to the Dead Coast, home to the world's largest bucket of salt! Located nearest the Re'nee Sea, this small port-city is home for all opportunists who would gather the sea's salt deposits left on the shores and sell them for profit. (+2 to Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Dead Coast

Oh, the Life of a Pirate... [P-Krystal]

Postby SpringsSong » 12/23/2010 8:19 PM

She hadn't been in this port for ages, and she'd almost forgotten how it looked.

Maria de Rai'naren, or Lady Maria, had gotten used to life on a pirate ship, with the crew of the Sea Sapphire II.  However, Marcello, Jonju, and several other crew members had either left entirely or taken extended shore leave to look for someone to replace the two Lucain that had just... left.  She hadn't expected the three girls to stay around, but for their adopted father to just mysteriously disappear...!

"I suppose it's no use crying over spilt milk," Maria said lazily, taking out her fan and holding it deliberately.  "There will be more crew aside from Marcello and Jonju.  I'm sure that the captain will find someone else to replace them."

[1.2]
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Re: Oh, the Life of a Pirate... [P-Krystal]

Postby Krystalolive » 12/25/2010 6:42 PM

"Fine, fine, fine! I'm leaving already!" A Hollowheart exited a bar, although, it was more like he was kicked out of the bar. He frowned, glaring back at the bar. "Have a tab going for a few weeks without paying anything and it's like you're some random homeless off the street. Allo love." He glanced over at a passing female, who just brushed him off. He chuckled, then turned towards the dock. "Well, better find a new ship then."

He hadn't been on a ship in what seemed like forever. Ever since his last crew broke up, he had just been hanging around the town, trying to last out on his share of the loot, which wasn't that much. He had tried a few ships, but none of them seemed right. Maybe there would be a nice new ship in the dock. With some nice girls and barrels of rum.
Krystalolive
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 549
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 12/25/2010 7:01 PM

Maria was not at all deaf to the commotion that came from the bar; in fact, she was half-expecting to see Enrin or Aquina be the one kicked out from the bar over a fight about the creduilty of the crew.  However, when she saw that it was merely a human-form Hollowheart, she sighed as she flicked her fan lazily, giving an airy laugh.

"Haven't lost your crew, 'ave you?" she asked, mentally cursing the pirate-like accent that had crept into her speech from being around Aquina and Enrin for hours a day on end.  She didn't know how this particular pirate (if he was indeed a pirate) would react to her speaking, but nevertheless, she waited for a response all the same.

[1.4]

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Krystalolive » 12/25/2010 8:34 PM

Damon looked back at the person who talked to him, then grinned. "Aye, lost me crew a long time ago, but don't really need them if losing them let me find you, me beauty." This girl seemed to be a fair lady, although he couldn't think of why she would be in a place like this, unless she was just passing through on her family ship or something. "And what about ye miss? You seem to be alone, which isn't safe for young ladies like you around here." He's pirate accent was still there, but he hadn't been a pirate longer than he had been a pirate, so the actual words went from sounding pirate-like, to being normal.

(23)
Krystalolive
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 12/25/2010 8:48 PM

Maria laughed as she closed her fan, tucking it into her sleeve as she twirled a lock of her bright red hair around a finger as she looked out over the ocean, sighing as she smiled as she looked back at the human-form Hollowheart.

"Ah, I don't need ta be worryin' about fendin' for myself, sir; I've spent th' past few months on a pirate ship--not 'gainst m'will, mind ya," she said, laughing as she revealed a sword at her side.  "I fell o'erboard when I was tryin' t' get back to the docks in a rowboat that m'--my parents gave to me," she said, trying to fight her inner pirate.  "Th' artillery master of the ship I spent th' past few months on rescued me from drowning.  They taught me how t' defend m'self well enough."

She gave a slight laugh here, tucking some hair behind her ear as she looked back at the man.  "What might your name be?"

[1.6]

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Krystalolive » 12/25/2010 10:48 PM

Damon smirked at the girl. He wasn't sure if she was trying to be flirty, or if she was just always like this. "That's interesting miss, but I didn't ask for ya life story. Not t' be rude or anything, but you really shouldn't just talk 'bout yourself much. It'd lose interest or tell a person too much. I'm Damon by th' way. And who are you miss?" He pretty much expected a slap and dirty look after that, but he wasn't known for considerate or 'polite', just straight to the point. Which normally got him a slap in the face, so he was used to it.

(24)
Krystalolive
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 12/28/2010 1:33 AM

"My name would be Lady Maria de Rai'naren, or more commonly, Maria, Damon," Maria said, taking out her fan and looking away from him, using the fan to hide a slight smirk that was playing onto her lips right about now.  "And I must've forgotten me bearings for a moment there; generally, th' first question anyone is askin' me is, 'Now, why would such a lady be talkin' in a pirate's drawl or not be 'fraid in this kinda port?', so'm used ta just blabbin' that out thar right off."

She smiled here, allowing him to see this.  Surprisingly, she did not make any move to smack him; she was used to that kind of talk from Enrin, who gave her no rest from teasing her about her ladylike ways aboard the ship.

[1.8]

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Krystalolive » 12/28/2010 11:03 PM

Damon smiled back, chuckling. "Well, sorry about me rudeness there, just tryin ta help. So, why are you wondering around the port? Shouldn't you be at your ship? And where's ye crew mates?" He looked around, wondering if someone was going to run out and assume he was trying to do something bad. Which wasn't not true, but he wasn't trying to do anything bad at this moment.

((Sorry about the bad reply. 25))
Krystalolive
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate