Welcome to the Dead Coast, home to the world's largest bucket of salt! Located nearest the Re'nee Sea, this small port-city is home for all opportunists who would gather the sea's salt deposits left on the shores and sell them for profit. (+2 to Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Dead Coast

Postby AmberGlaze » 12/17/2007 7:41 PM

The ocean breeze whipped Tiki across his face, and he grunted. It was becoming colder and colder, and he couldn't take it any longer. He reached into his backpack and pulled out a coat. After fitting it on, he walked further. He sighed, this trip was becoming quite boring. Out of no where, Tiki felt his paw slip. He plunged into a  deep, freezing lake. He opened his eyes and looked around. He tried to swim up, but something was grabbing his paw. He looked down and saw a scaly arm around his foot. Panicking, he wriggled, trying to escape.
ImageImageImageImage
With us, there is no such thing as individulaity...

ImageImage
AmberGlaze
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items

Postby AmberGlaze » 12/26/2007 11:40 AM

The scaly arm gripped tighter, and Tiki felt his head pounding. So this was how it was going to end? Death by drowning; he had hoped that wouldn't be the way he would go. He had just about given up when he noticed a shadow shape above the water. It swirled gracefully before diving into the dull waters. Tiki reached out to it, not caring whether it was good or evil. The figure grabbed his shoulders and pulled with its all its might. The arm that was keeping Tiki prisoner extended another one, and grabbed Tiki's other leg. Tiki sighed, this was like tug of war. But luckily, the figure was winning. In seconds he jolted upwards and swam to the surface, cradling Tiki in his arms. "Huh....huh....huh.... " Tiki and the mysterious pet took a breath of fresh air as the broke through the surface. Tiki turned to looked at his rescuer, and saw a Sky Ferricoon smiling weakly back at him.

"I'm Breezepaw." he said, straining to breath. Tiki nodded and replied, "I'm RickiTickTavi, but you may call me Tiki. Thanks." Breezepaw smiled again and led Tiki to grassy land.
ImageImageImageImage

ImageImage
AmberGlaze
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items

Postby AmberGlaze » 12/26/2007 10:59 PM

Once they had both had a chance to breathe, Breezepaw and Tiki slowly sat up. Tii shook water from his ears, while Breezepaw fluffed his fur. "Well...that was quite and adventure." he said, smiling. Tiki nodded. "What was that anyway?" he asked Breezepaw. The Ferrikoon seemed so knowledgeable, so maybe he would know. Breezepaw thought for a moment, and then sighed. "Mu guess would be a Khlamar." he said, nodding. "They are known to catch their prey from underneath deep waters. How did you end up there anyway?"
ImageImageImageImage

ImageImage
AmberGlaze
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items

Postby AmberGlaze » 12/27/2007 9:51 AM

Tiki shrugged his aching shoulders, and winced. "I think I tripped, or I fell." Breezepaw shook his head. "Are you saying you 'fell' into the lake?" When Tiki nodded Breezepaw shook his head. "That's impossible. If you 'fell' in the lake, we would be underground. And if you 'tripped' there would have to be a ledge." Tiki thought for a moment. He had never decided to look at it THAT way...which made more sense. Looking at Breezepaw, he turned his body to him. "How do you propose I got down here?" he asked him. Breezepaw shifted uncomfortably. "For once, I don't have the answer to that. We'd have to go retrace your steps and carefully examine clues." Tiki sighed and stood up carefully, hurting his wounds a bit. "Then we don't have time to lose."
ImageImageImageImage

ImageImage
AmberGlaze
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items

Postby AmberGlaze » 12/29/2007 2:27 AM

Breezepaw nodded, smiling. Then he spread his normally sized dark blue wings and flew a little higher than Tiki's ear. Tiki smiled and started running a little. "Hey, do you know how to get back up?" He asked Breezepaw. Breezepaw tapped his chin and circled around in the air for a little bit. "Well, you got down here by falling...so we'll have to fly." Tiki snorted. "Um...Breezpaw? If you haven't noticed..I don't have wings." Breezepaw nodded. "Exactly. So we either have to build you wings or find another way." Tiki stared. "How dowe build wings?" he asked. Breezepaw shrugged. "I guess we could use Icarus'method."
ImageImageImageImage

ImageImage
AmberGlaze
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items

Postby AmberGlaze » 12/29/2007 12:41 PM

Tiki tilted his head in confusion. "Who's that?" he asked Breezepaw. This Ferricoon was really smart! Breezepaw smiled. "Well, I studied a little bit of Greek mythology. Icarus was a man who made the first wings. Well, that's what the Greeks believed in. He made wings out of bird feathers, leather, and honey. I suppose we can try that." Tiki blinked. "But if it's a myth, then it's not true." Breezepaw smiled and flew higher before returning to the ground. "Some myths are true, and some aren't!" He winked. "All we cando is try."
ImageImageImageImage

ImageImage
AmberGlaze
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items

Postby AmberGlaze » 12/29/2007 6:06 PM

Tiki nodded. "Alright then, Breezepaw." He said. "What should we do first?" Breezepaw tapped his chin. "Well, I think first we should find the honey. After all, it bounds the whole thing together." Tiki nodded. "Okay, then. I'll get the honey and you get...whatever else you need." Breezepaw nodded and in seconds he was off. Tiki watched him go before setting off to find the honey.
ImageImageImageImage

ImageImage
AmberGlaze
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items

Postby AmberGlaze » 12/31/2007 4:46 PM

Breezepaw nodded at Tiki as he set off and turned to fly away. He got a running start before flying off into the daytime sky, leaving a trail of dust behind him. "Feathers, feathers, where are you?" he sang to himself. Looking down, he scanned the ground with his hawk like eyes. Multed feathers would be perfect for the wings.

Tiki searched around for the honey. The soft pitter patter of the morning mist kept him cool, without making him shiver. Scanning the leafy green trees, Tiki tasted the air for a taste of honey. There was none. He could tell this job would not be easy.
ImageImageImageImage

ImageImage
AmberGlaze
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items

Postby AmberGlaze » 01/05/2008 8:45 PM

Breezepaw scanned the trees once more and smiled at what he saw. There was a giant nest perched up between two trees. Wondering if any kind of bird lived there, Breezepaw dived down and landed gracefully on the right side of the nest. Turning around, he gasped. Sleeping soundly was a giant Turkezilla.

Tiki flattened himself and wiggled through a hole. Getting cramped inside a whole was not his idea of fun. And on top of that it was dark and cold. The story of his life.
ImageImageImageImage

ImageImage
AmberGlaze
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items

Postby AmberGlaze » 01/05/2008 10:17 PM

Breezepaw gulped. Turkezilla's were not known for being merciless. Tip toeing quietly, he shifted over around the sleeping beast. As he walked, he grabbed feathers that the Turkzilla had multed. Suddenly, his paw slipped and there was a CRACK! The Turkzilla opened his eyes lazily and stared directly into Breezepaw's black ones.

Tiki sighed and swiveled to exit when his tail swiped something sticky. Bringing the sticky tail to his mouth, he tasted the mixture. "Honey!" he said, smiling. But that was funny...where we the bees. BZZ. BZZ. "Oh, there they are..." he moaned, turning and shooting out of the tunnel.
ImageImageImageImage

ImageImage
AmberGlaze
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items

Postby AmberGlaze » 01/06/2008 8:47 PM

The Trukzilla stood up, stretching its might wings. Then it crouched down until it was eye level with Breezepaw. "I'll give you five minutes to tell me why I shouldn't kill you for intruding in my home and disturbing me from my nap." She said in a booming, menacing voice.

The bees dashed right after Tiki. Tiki widened his eyes in fear and ran every which way, hoping they would lose his trail. He had no such luck.
ImageImageImageImage

ImageImage
AmberGlaze
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items

Postby AmberGlaze » 01/12/2008 5:01 PM

Breezepaw gasped and shivered. "Um...my owners will get mad and come out for revenge, I have lots of friends that would miss me, I'm too young to die...." The Turkzilla glared. "Tick tock..." she said. Breezepaw blurted, "And I can watch after your young so you can be free!" The Turkzilla smiled and put him down. "Deal."

Tiki suddenly spotted a pond. "Bees hate water!" he told himself and he plunged in.
ImageImageImageImage

ImageImage
AmberGlaze
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items

Postby AmberGlaze » 01/12/2008 6:32 PM

Breezepaw sighed with relief. He thought he was bird food for a second. Taking another deep breath, he flew so he was the Turkzilla's height. She smiled slyly at him. "And don't think of running away, I'm faster and bigger than you. And I know how to fly." Breezepaw nodded and looked around. "So...where are the little ones?" he asked.

Tiki held his breath as his toes touched the ground of the 6ft deep water. He could hear a faint buzzing...
ImageImageImageImage

ImageImage
AmberGlaze
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items

Postby AmberGlaze » 01/12/2008 9:12 PM

The Turkzilla smiled. "Right here." she said, sliding to the right. There, next to her, were 3 giant eggs. "I'm going to go search for food. Watch them until I get back. And if you're gone, I'll spend the rest of my life tracking you down. And if you let anything happen to my precious babies..." She shook a warning wing. Breezepaw gulped and nodded as she took off.

Tiki was under the water for about 5 minutes when he heard the buzzing fade completely. Swimming to the surface, he looked around. The coast was clear so he swam out, shook himself dry, and continued his journey.
ImageImageImageImage

ImageImage
AmberGlaze
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items

Postby AmberGlaze » 01/14/2008 7:23 PM

Breezepaw sighed as the Turkzilla's figure disspeared. Looking at the 3 eggs, he flew to sit on top of one. When he did, he found that his bottom only covered half of one egg! Grumbling, he thought if maybe he should find something to cover them...then the mother's warning came back. He shrugged and began piling twigs and straw upon them.

Tiki could hear something swooshing above him. Looking up...he saw a Turkzilla! She circled around him, licking her lips. "This can't be good...."
ImageImageImageImage

ImageImage
AmberGlaze
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items

PreviousNext