Welcome to the Dead Coast, home to the world's largest bucket of salt! Located nearest the Re'nee Sea, this small port-city is home for all opportunists who would gather the sea's salt deposits left on the shores and sell them for profit. (+2 to Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Dead Coast

[P-Jobie/Fire] {A Clever Title to Come...}

Postby SpringsSong » 01/12/2012 10:38 AM

"Ah, this spot will do nicely..."

The young Paragon had finished checking the soil in the area she had chosen just off of the beach.  She had looked for all of the signs which Dolithiel, her younger (yet more experienced) half-sister had told her to look for in the soil: the color, the texture, the water content; all of that (which she was able to detect by merely standing over the soil--one of the benefits of having the Earth Paragon as her mother).  She took her claws and carefully pierced the grass which covered the soil, and when she felt the cool, moist earth on her claws, she smiled again.

"Just as I had guessed.  This spot will do perfectly," she said to herself, carefully removing chunks of the soil as she looked back over her shoulder.  Sitting there were several plants: some where flowers, others were fruits and vegetables, and others still were herbs that Lithi had told her were the best for cooking with.  There were several for her to plant; that was the sole reason she was up so early now--once the garden was planted, she would have no troubles convincing herself to leave her chosen nesting area to tend to it.

"I hope that this garden actually takes root..." Anelya whispered to herself, taking one of the flowers and placing it into the hole which she had dug after she had checked to see if it was root-bound.  Once she confirmed that it was not, she set it down and pushed some of the cool, dark soil over it, patting it down as hard as she could.
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5883
Donate

Re: [P-Jobie/Fire] {A Clever Title to Come...}

Postby jobiehanna » 01/12/2012 10:54 AM

The sun was shining brightly above the paragon's head as she walked along the coast line of the beach. It wasn't quite like her home beach, but it was still nice. The sand was course and she could feel it squish against her clawed feet as she walked along. The waves lapped at the shore as well as Elza's feet. But she loved the feeling. The only thing better than walking along the shore was bathing in the sun.

Elza walked a bit further into the water and dipped her head into it, cooling her off from the sun's early rays. The water played down her back and she smiled contentedly. She splashed more water over herself before she retreated back onto the beach. She lumbered back onto shore and headed toward the edge of the beach where she could find shade. There was a tree-line there, and it was the perfect place to lay when she wasn't too keen on laying in the hot sun.

But there was already somebody along the tree-line. Another paragon, actually. For once in her life curiosity sprung up in the frost paragon's mind. Elza meandered over to the other female, as she did so her tail dragged in the sand, leaving a serpentine-like path. Once she reached the other she plopped down on the ground and watched what the other was doing. After a few moments she asked, "What are you doing?" Her tone was curious, but also demeaning at the same time.

And I was runnin' far away
Would I run off the world someday?
Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and
I was dancing in the rain
I felt alive and I can't complain

Sale Breed Thoughts Wishes Records Home
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4169
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 01/12/2012 5:42 PM

When Anelya heard the other Paragon address her, she looked up before grabbing another plant; this time, a sapling tree.  She examined the sapling carefully; judging from the leaves and the texture of the wood, this was one of the orange trees that she had brought to see if she could get it to bring forth fruit.  Quickly, she found all of the others like it and set them aside, examining the garden that she had.

"Well, I'm starting a garden here," Anelya said, smiling.  "I've been meaning to get it started, but I hadn't found the time to start such an undertaking with all of the lessons I had been taking pertaining to gardening."

Here, she stopped.  "And what are you doing?" she asked.

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 01/12/2012 7:12 PM

"Gardening, eh?" Elza looked lazily from the other paragon to the plants, then to the plot of dirt and back to the female. "Why?" She tilted her head curiously. It looked like so much work, to be gardening. Dig holes, plant things, bah. It was much better to just bathe in the sun or take a swim in the ocean.

As for what she was doing? "Nothing," she said shortly, a small grin playing on her features. Elza did nothing most of the day. The most she does is to go get food (only for herself), swim, and walk to the beach and back to her nest where she slept. Sometimes it was hard to do nothing, but she managed.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 01/12/2012 7:24 PM

Anelya smiled as she began to plant the trees, looking up at the other Paragon from time to time.  "Why?  Well... part of who I am, I guess.  I mean, my mother's the Earth elemental Paragon, so... I have some natural talent in this area, and want to see if I'm actually any good at it.  My sister seems to be decent at it, but... I wanted to try it for myself."

She tilted her head as the other female said "nothing".  "Nothing?  That sounds... rather boring," she said.  "I can't stand not having something to do.  Even if it's something as simple as just walking out in nature and seeing how the plants there are growing, I have to be doing something, otherwise I go crazy."

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 01/12/2012 7:40 PM

Elza pondered the other's words for a moment, swishing her tail in the sand as she did so. "Earth elemental paragon. That's a mouth full," Elza pondered out loud with another of her grins. She had never heard of elemental paragons, but there were all kinds of her kind out there. But she never looked into it, she would rather stay on the beach than go into town, even as a human. "Never heard of 'em," she added offhandedly.

Well, the other had a point. If she thought about it, she didn't actually do nothing. She walked around, swam and ate. Elza shrugged. "I suppose you could say I'm watching you, but that sounds rather creepy," she commented with a wink and a laugh. "Boring isn't a bad thing either," she added as an after thought.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items