Welcome to the Dead Coast, home to the world's largest bucket of salt! Located nearest the Re'nee Sea, this small port-city is home for all opportunists who would gather the sea's salt deposits left on the shores and sell them for profit. (+2 to Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Dead Coast

Broken Bird (Self)

Postby Thunder » 01/14/2012 11:42 PM

Blur. The world was a blur. Shapes blended into one another, sounds were muffled. She could remember soaring above the mountains, ice and wind pelting her. Tiredness. And then falling down, down, down...

Tori's eyes snapped open suddenly.

She appeared to be tucked into a bed, in a completely unfamiliar room. From where she was lying, she could see a window, a mirror, some drawers, and a cabinet. Through the window she could see a row of old-looking stores, and beyond, a sandy beach. Tori tried to rise up, though her limbs were quite sore and doing so was difficult. So she just turned her head and flinched in alarm when she saw a young boy sitting by the bed, watching her carefully.

"Buongiorno," the boy said quietly. Tori simply stared, alarmed as to why she was in this stranger's house. She couldn't remember anything, aside from her name. Was this young lad friend or foe? She ducked her head under the covers, feeling slightly nervous. The boy frowned at this and said something in a language Tori couldn't quite understand. Was it Italian? It sounded so. But she was too nervous to exit the covers.

"If everyone is one, none will be afraid."

Pen~Breeders~Trades~Wishes~Rentals
Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 877
Donate

Re: Broken Bird (Self)

Postby Thunder » 01/15/2012 11:39 PM

The boy frowned at the young girl hiding beneath the sheets. He had found her about a week ago while on a top secret trip to the mountains. She was underneath a bush, unconscious, and he knew he had to help her. But how shocked he was to see that when he pulled her out from the bush, it was revealed that the girl had metal wings on her back! Well, a metal wing and a half anyways, as it appeared that half of her right wing had fallen off somewhere. He didn't question the limbs, however, and quickly set to work on reviving her.

She had several broken bones and was bruised all over. At first, he had feared that she was dead, but he detected a soft, raggedy breathing and a pulse. After patching her up with whatever he could find, he took her to his tiny home on the Dead Coast and put her in bed, waiting for her to wake up. And she finally did.

He tried coaxing her out with gentle Italian words, but it wasn't working. Perhaps she did not understand Italian. Very well. He would use English, the only other language he had mastered. "Please don't be nervous," he said softly. "I'm here to help you. My name is Veneziano."

The familiar tongue seemed to do the trick. The girl peered out from the covers, blinking her dark brown eyes at him. Veneziano had to admit that he had not seen such lovely eyes before. It took a while, but finally the girl spoke.

"I...I'm Tori," she stammered. "Why am I here? I don't recognize anything... Um, I don't think I remember anything either..." Veneziano sighed. Perhaps this was going to be harder than he thought.

"If everyone is one, none will be afraid."

Pen~Breeders~Trades~Wishes~Rentals
Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 877
Donate