Welcome to the Dead Coast, home to the world's largest bucket of salt! Located nearest the Re'nee Sea, this small port-city is home for all opportunists who would gather the sea's salt deposits left on the shores and sell them for profit. (+2 to Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Dead Coast

Looking at Salt continued [Finished]

Postby Kittyms » 09/04/2007 6:28 PM

(this is a repost, just so you know - with pics of my pets added)

ImageImage

"Uh-oh," Calcifer said. Rikki poked his head up from the waves, and swam over to shore. The Lubshi hurried over, and took shelter behind him, while scooping up sand.

"Bye, Fitz," Rikki called, waving with one paw while rolling sand into balls with his other. Then, he began throwing them again, but this time he and Calcifer had a system worked out. The Candle Lubshi got to shelter behind Rikki so long as he provided sand for the Ferrikoon to roll into balls and throw.
Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 986
Donate

Postby Kittyms » 09/11/2007 6:25 PM

(I'm going to leave this roleplay once Rikki and Calcifer reach 20 posts, Shrewdy, just so you know.. not sure if you left yet.)

"I'm tired," Rikki groaned, sinking to his knees on the sand. "I can't take any more." And indeed, he looked terrible, covered in wet sand from head to toe. "I give up." So saying, he slumped to the ground, and closed his eyes in exhaustion, not caring if he was hit with any more sandballs.

"Me too," Calcifer said, sitting down with a thump. The Lubshi didn't look much better than his companion. "Let's take a break."

Kitty's Breedables------The Menagerie
"Control yourself; take only what you need from it." ~Kids by MGMT
Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 09/11/2007 6:51 PM

[[Argh, so so so sorry! T.T So many things going on...]]

Fathom settled down once his arsenal was completely drained. He stretched. "Hmm, yes, let's take a short break." He sat down, crossing his legs and settling his hands on his knees. "Well, where are you youngsters from?" he demanded. "I see your breeder seems to be a caring one."

[Fathom: Erm... forgot. xD; I'll check on the old forums.]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

Postby Kittyms » 09/11/2007 7:56 PM

(S' ok, Everyone's been busy. I want to train up my pets for war! xD Plus, there's a roleplay I want to make in Jawan with Rowena and her son ;) Oh yeah, and if you want me to, I'll stay here a little longer...)

"We're from our zoo pen, the Marvelous Menagerie," Calcifer said, lying down spread-eagled on his back. The little Lubshi sighed contentedly, and stared at the clouds.

"Our owner's an extremely nice cat-girl called Kitty. There's also this strange Vampire-Human cross who guards the pens. She caught me once when I escaped. Well..." Rikki said, stretching and getting up. "I'm gonna go chill in the waves." Strolling casually over to the ocean, he began to play in the waves, swimming expertly through the surf.

Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 09/11/2007 8:50 PM

The Hallow pet nodded. "I see. My Pen is located by a wonderful waterfall. Our owner is a nice but slightly strict cat-girl named Ken. There is also a strange boy by the name of Shrewd living there." He clawed the sand with his claw, drawing circles and whatnot. "I am also the protector of our Elder. However, I do like little youngsters such as yourselves. Such lively pets you little ones are," he commented, smiling and throwing a small handful of sand at Calcifer, chuckling.

[Fathom: 9]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kittyms » 09/11/2007 8:58 PM

(All right, I'll stick around for another 5 posts or so xD)

"Hey," Calcifer said, but he smiled, and reached for his own handful of sand, then remembered that they were supposed to be taking a break. Sighing he looked over at the ocean, wondering where Rikki was. Come to think of it.. where was Rikki?

"Rikki!" the Lubshi called, getting to his feet, and brushing sand off of his legs. "Where are you?" When the Ferrikoon didn't answer, he started to get worried. "Did you see where he went?" he asked Fathom.

"Help!" It was Rikki's voice all right. The Ferrikoon was being dragged down the shore by a vicious rip current. His head kept submerging beneath the waves, then reappearing, lower in the water than before. "Help me!" he screamed at the top of his lungs, before a wave came over his snout again.

Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 09/11/2007 9:08 PM

The Hallow Icthysaur got up, looking around. Hmm, Rikki had went off towards the shore, hadn't he? Surely he was nearby? He looked around carefully for the Venom Ferrikoon, until he, too, heard the cry coming from the shore.

"There he is," the male pet said, motioning over to where Rikki was.

He quickly ran over to the shore and dove into the water, swimming over to Rikki. He swam over to the Ferrikkon and grabbed him. "Hold on tight, I'll bring you back to the shore," Fathom told him, swimming against the current as hard as he could.

[Fathom: 10 -- Level Up]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kittyms » 09/11/2007 9:13 PM

Rikki clung to Fathom like his life depended on it - which it did. "S-sorry, sir," he stammered. "I was just swimming, and then all of a sudden the current grabbed me and..." He fell silent, realizing that it would probably be best not to distract the Icthysaur right now.

"Oh no!" Calcifer gasped, putting one paw over his mouth. He hurried over to the edge of the waves, watching on tiptoe, and hoping that they would make it. His heart hammered inside his chest. Much as he sometimes disliked Rikki, he didn't want the Venom Ferrikoon to die a horrid death by drowning.

Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 09/14/2007 11:35 AM

Fathom shook his head, though it wasn't very much obvious. "Don't learn nothing from your mistakes, little one," he told Rikki quickly. "These things can happen to anyone, it matters not. Now, hang onto me whie I bring you back to solid ground."

The scaly pet swam against the current, finally able to drag Rikki over to the shore, settling the Ferrikoon onto the sand, near Calcifer's position. Fathom was panting, but seemed just fine. "Dangerous, that life, isn't she?"

[Fathom: 11]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kittyms » 09/14/2007 5:15 PM

"Yes, sir," Rikki said, nodding and gasping for breath. He had felt so close to drowning... "Let's go away from the ocean.." he said, shivering, and looking at Calcifer with something near to pleading in his eyes.

"Come over here, under a tree," the Lubshi said, pointing to a likely looking palm tree. "It's nice and cool, and it's a safe distance away from the waves." He began to walk over to the tree, glancing over his shoulder to see if Rikki and Fathom were following.

Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 09/14/2007 9:30 PM

Fathom followed the two as they headed for the tree. He settled down, looking perfectly calm. He seemed to have recovered from his struggle with the deadly mass of water. "Simply learn from your mistakes, youngster," said the elder pet. "It could have happened to anyone; I believe it means you have to learn to know of your surroundings before running about headfirst into the wild world." He clawed at the sand, drawing nothing in particular. "Life is dangerous. But it is very interesting to learn and see. Do you not agree?" he asked the two younger pets.

[Fathom: 12]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kittyms » 09/15/2007 10:48 AM

"Yes, it is," Calcifer said, since Rikki still seemed in too much shock to reply. The Ferrikoon was staring at the ocean with wide eyes, as if unbelieving that it would have dared to harm him. "Don't worry, he'll be better soon." He smiled at the traumatized Ferrikoon, but he didn't even spare the Lubshi a glance.

"I think his confidence was shattered," Calcifer said, leaning over to talk quietly to Fathom. "Usually he's completely fearless... I bet he'll recover quickly." But he couldn't hide the worry in his eyes. Normally Rikki would have recovered by now, but he was still moping around.

Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 09/15/2007 10:55 AM

Fathom nodded thoughtfully. "Young one, life is always full of dangers," he told the Ferrikoon softly. "I, too, was scarred by the ocean's deadly presence. But, depending on how you see it, such events can teach you many things." He paused for a moment. He could see Calcifer's anxiety all over his small, black body. He understood how worried the small pet could possibly be. "If you little ones have some more time, I have a story to tell. Maybe it would interest you two?"

[Fathom: 13]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kittyms » 09/15/2007 11:14 AM

"Ooh yes, that might help cheer him up," Calcifer said, clapping his paws eagerly. "Besides, I love stories!!" He sat down and made himself comfortable, his head tilted eagerly toward Fathom.

Next to him, Rikki was still slumped, staring at the ocean. But his ears had swiveled toward Fathom's voice, and he was clearly listening.

Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 09/15/2007 12:09 PM

The Hallow pet chuckled. "Haha, alright, you two. This is mostly about my own experience, and how I happened to found my amazing leader in the process."

He crossed his arms and closed his eyes, so to rewind the event in his mind. "I was a young pet, by then. Just like you two. I was playing by the shore of a beach -- Jawan? The Dead Coast? I remember not... -- alone, for my own amusement. I had no parents, to be truthful, for they had both been taken away by one of those ruthless breeders.
I was busily playing around the waves when the wind started blowing rather strongly. The waves started getting bigger and bigger, until one completely swallowed me into the deep darkness of the water. I couldn't breathe, and was unable to swim at the time of my youth. 'I'm going to die here, like this,' I thought back then, to myself, desperately.
And then, it happened. A strong force somehow managed to bring me back to the surface. I took a deep breath, in case the waves would bury me again. Something -- or someone, I cannot remember clearly -- was pulling back to the shore. When I opened my eyes, I could see and feel the sand around me, and solid matter beneath my stomach. But then, my conscience failed me.
When I woke up, an old Treasure Serraptor female was watching over me. She spoke soft words to me, and propose to teach me many things. With her, I could master my powers, such as my disappearing ability. I have stayed and watched over my dear Elder ever since."

[Fathom: 14]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Next