Welcome to the Dead Coast, home to the world's largest bucket of salt! Located nearest the Re'nee Sea, this small port-city is home for all opportunists who would gather the sea's salt deposits left on the shores and sell them for profit. (+2 to Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Dead Coast

[* Your Kingdom is Beautiful [P]

Postby Jaykobell » 07/21/2012 11:38 PM

Time for yet another meeting where she had to turn down a man.

She pushed her curly lock of hair aside as she turned to look beyond the terrace of the café. At least the meeting place was relaxing and actually sort of charming. You could hear the sea in the background, together with the chirping and singing of the many birds. Perfect temperature with a blazing sun, but with a cool, refreshing breeze from the sea that would blow past once in a while. She'd heard that there was a chance of rain, though. Hopefully that would be her opening to either run away from this meeting, or it would be enough to chase the man away — whoever he was, this time around.

She'd ordered a small glass of iced tea so she could sit down and wait for the "date". Her mother the queen was still after this ridiculous charade, and so, the princess would do her best to act in the most unladylike way the man had ever seen. Another unfortunate victim of her family's obnoxious need for her to get married.

Hopefully the guy wouldn't make her wait too long — or better yet, he just wouldn't show up. But of course, the latter had never happened before. After all, why would anyone default of having a chance to become the prince, and eventually the king, of a royal family?
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

Re: [* Your Kingdom is Beautiful [P]

Postby SkyWolf11 » 07/22/2012 12:23 AM

One had to admit that a place called Dead Coast didn't sound very inviting at first but, in this case, the name was quite deceptive, as the young prince had found out upon entering the sea city.  It wasn't as grand as some cities he'd been to in Evelon but it held a nice quaint feel about it that provided an air of relaxation.  Perfect for a first date, if he did say so himself.

Yes, it was the enticing prospect of finding a possible partner that had brought him here for a visit.  That was always a good motivation for Luka to get off his lazy butt every once in a while.  And what was even more of treat, she was a royal!  That was splendid news!  While he was anything but picky when it came to women, it had always been expected that those of higher class should marry among those of higher class.  It also didn't hurt that there was the possibility of gaining a kingdom from the arrangement.  It was the perfect set up for the forlorn prince.  But, of course, that future had yet to be determined.  He had to actually meet the said date first, right?  One step at a time.  But he was feeling confident.  After all, he was charming, good looking, and had a small fortune and royal blood to highlight his already appealing features.  

He had been standing outside the meeting place for a few minutes, tidying up any loose ends to his appearance before he happily entered the building.  He'd dressed nicely for the occasion, of course, careful not to over do it;  a nice pair of dress pants and a robe-like shirt that looked to be made of silk, a prized material in his land, and a few adorned rings.  He fixed a stray strand of hair, tucking it neatly behind his ear as he spotted a lovely woman sitting alone at a table.  Certain it was the one he had come to meet, he quickly walked over to the table and extended his hand in greeting and bowed lightly.  

"Hello, miss!  Are you perhaps waiting on a date to show up?", he chuckled softly, giving her a charming smile.

[1]
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 680
Donate
Location: Trying to integrate back into Evelonian society :,U

[2]

Postby Jaykobell » 07/22/2012 12:43 AM

The amount of physical, mental, or personality charm a man displayed was far from being enough to sway her in any way, shape, or form. It would take some inhumane amount of charm and beauty, both physical and mental, to sway her to the side of marriage and children. At this time, she had no intention of being chained down to let her life be consumed by the needs and desires of someone else's.

When a man of an acceptable appearance showed up, she glanced in his direction when he called out to her. How... obnoxious. As she always did whenever the man showed up, she slipped her pocket watch out of her pants and flicked it open in order to check the time. She cared not whether they were actually late or on time; she only did this step to make the man feel like he'd made her wait for a long time. She looked at the watch for a few seconds, mumbled something to herself, and then put the pocket watch back where it had been before looking up at the man that had been set up with her.

"Whether or not I am waiting on a 'date' is not of your business," she answered harshly, her voice flat, but also strict and to the point. "How indecent to ask a lady her business here without first introducing yourself," she added afterwards, her voice sounding a little bit more incandescent as she narrowed her eyes. "Were you raised in a barn?" She had no intention of starting a serious conversation with anyone until they told her their name and until they showed proof that they had, indeed, been scheduled to meet. Both had been told the name of the other; until this man said her name and his business here, she wouldn't give him more attention than he was worth.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 07/22/2012 1:08 AM

The gesture of the woman checking her watch had not gone unnoticed by the attentive man.  His smile faded into a worried frown and his hand withdrew slightly, taken back by the action.  "Oh I'm terribly sorry.  I-"  His apology was abruptly ended when she suddenly went on about how rude he was being.  The venom he felt in her words made him rise back up nervously.  Goodness, she was so .. strict.  At her last comment, he cleared his throat anxiously, resuming his smile and composure best he could.

"My apologises.  You're absolutely right, how rude of me.", he started again in a hopefully better manner.  Already he could tell she was a no nonsense kind of girl.  Seems he'd have to take the direct approach; so much for trying to appeal with some lighthearted humor...  "My name is Luka, Luka Wolfbane."  He made sure to state his full name just to be safe.  "I'm sorry for my approach, I just assumed that you had to be the Mikayla I was supposed to be meeting here...  If so, I'm sorry to have kept you waiting."  If it was one thing he'd learnt from his experiences with women, it was usually always best to apologize for doing something wrong.  Even though he hadn't thought she should have been so ... uptight about it.  But that was fine!  A real gentlemen could forgive and forget.  Besides, he always tried his best to be understanding to other's personalities and let the rough edges of encounters roll off him.

"If you are not Mikayla then I'm truly sorry for bothering you, miss."

[2]
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

[3]

Postby Jaykobell » 07/22/2012 1:20 AM

Seeing and hearing his discomfort pleased her. Not in a sick sort of way — she didn't enjoy the suffering of others — but just from the thought that her subtle hints were obvious enough to make him uncomfortable. All she had to do was to keep up with the act and soon enough, this man would throw a fit and then leave with the stomping of his feet.

Sadly, the man had retaliated somewhat easily, so it seemed like he had a little bit of stamina. She would have to be the patient one, in this case. Short, blunt answers and subtle body language hints would be the way to go with this man — as it was with every other one. It would just a little bit more effort to drive this one away, but it was worth the effort if it meant avoiding the risk of marriage for yet another week or so.

Although she couldn't deny that being an annoying pest was slowly getting old and tiresome. But what else could she do? Her mother wouldn't hear anything about it.

When Luka spoke her name, she sighed at the fact that yes, this was indeed the guy she was supposed to meet. "No matter," Mikayla answered simply without feeling the need to confirm her name. Her words and actions would be proof enough. "Sit down, then, I suppose," she invited flatly as she motioned to the empty chair with a small flick of her head.

"What is your business with me, then? Get on with it — we don't have all day," she asked immediately once he was settled in the chair. The "business" was to meet and hopefully be so engrossed into one another that they would have this inexplicable urge to get married and make children. Of course, Mikayla wouldn't have it that way, but she wanted to hear what was brewing in the head of that man.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 07/22/2012 1:53 AM

Unfortunately for Mikayla, Luka was the persistant type.  It would take much more than just a rotten attitude to break his spirit.  Or so he hoped.  Taking advantage of people wasn't his style but he also wasn't so stupid as to let this opportunity slip away just because the two hadn't gotten off to the best of starts.  

Determined to at least try and make this meeting work out pleasantly, he simply smiled at her less than enthusiastic invitation to sit and seated himself.  "Thank you."  At least he'd found the right woman, apparently.  It would have been quite embarrassing if she hadn't had been the right one.

Not long afterwards, she started up again with that same unamused tone.  Admittedly, it was bothersome and fairly disheartening how utterly displeased she seemed to be about his company.  However, he kept quiet and calm until she'd finished, though he had to raise a brow at how she'd stated her question.  "My business?", he repeated harmlessly.  Obviously, he knew the business prospect behind this meeting, but it was still a date wasn't it?  They were supposed to be a fun experience where they could get to know each other better.  

"Well, I was hoping to get to know you a bit more.  You know, talk, laugh, the whole dating experience."  His tone was light and warm towards her as he continued to smile.

[3]
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

[4]

Postby Jaykobell » 07/22/2012 2:13 AM

Despite her unpleasant behavior, Mikayla did sometimes admit that some of the men presented to her had some sort of potential — if you could call it that. Some of them did have manners, others did have a certain sense of protocol. Others, like Luka, had a somewhat light-hearted feel and attitude to them that often made her feel worse than with the others.

In different circumstances, maybe she would've liked to be friends with those men in question. The thing was, even now, she couldn't be friends with them, no matter the reason. If her mother learned that she had a certain relationship with a man, no matter the nature of said relationship, she would insist that the two become closer and plan their future marriage. Casual friendship with a man was impossible; every single man she met was just an unfortunate victim.

The hints continued; Mikayla rolled her eyes at Luka's answer to her question. "I'm sure," she replied, sounding absolutely unconvinced by his words. "I'm talking about your goal behind this 'date'. I highly doubt that genuine interest in my person is what you're interested in," she added, not really accusing him, but still slightly jumping the gun. "Let's say that you get what you want and you 'get to know me better'," she started, using air quotes to emphasize the hypothetical situation of Luka's aim, "what do you intend to do afterwards? Tell me what the fineprints read." Was he after the kingdom? Was he after the riches? Was he just after a quick night with a royal princess? Often enough, when she called them out on that, the not-so-serious ones ended up running away with their tail between their legs.

Maybe he would be one of them? She could only hope.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate