Welcome to the Dead Coast, home to the world's largest bucket of salt! Located nearest the Re'nee Sea, this small port-city is home for all opportunists who would gather the sea's salt deposits left on the shores and sell them for profit. (+2 to Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Dead Coast

Re: Long time no see...(P, Mousen and I)

Postby ShadowStitches » 07/27/2013 2:33 AM

Neth listened carefully to Charles,  still trying to assess him a bit better. He smirked slighty at him mentioning the sometimes quite arduous way of getting information out of other people.

Something in his eyes changed after Charles honest remark about change. his interest now was piked even more. Since Charles was sincere about his declaration,
he at least did not have to fear him spying on him from some of the higher ups.

Still a bit careful, he said slowly "well…that makes two of us. Things really need to be shaken up a little. And your informant, whoever they might be, is quite right,
I do have a way to make things much more interesting…there are just a few things missing"

Before continuing, he seemed to hesitate. Charles could be a good partie, should he indeed be able to convince him and help in his cause. He also could get cold feet.
But Life was full of chances, and only fools did not take them, right?
Neths voice lowered slightly. "I assume you know quite a bit about yītuánzāo
and how much not to mess with it. and I further assume that you know that it can not be controlled, right?" He waited for Charles' reaction. The thing he implied was
about as absurd as him stating that he would punch out the sun. and even that was more likely. He would either think that he was completely crazy and no threat, or that he was crazy and dangerous. Or, he could believe that he could really do it, and bring him the hoped change. either way, the information he gave out now was far too vague to really be seriously held  against him. The good thing about big plans was that few thought that you actually could go through with them…

(hm….well, like I said, yītuánzāo (which is chinese for 'complete chaos'
…because I'm so very very creative with names today :/) is just that. a…enity of
chaos, much older then most demons or angels, and asleep for a long time now…

and don't worry :) I know these times where just a lot is going on)
Cannot say, I'm breaking the rules
If I can glue em back together.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 672
Donate

Postby Mousen » 08/22/2013 7:07 PM

Stupidity, Charles had once reflected, was a matter of increments. Some people, perfectly rational people, would turn into the most moronic people on the planet when faced with a crisis. Others were always moronic regardless of circumstance, and some were so wrapped up with their own ambitions that they didn't realize how completely and utterly witless they were being. Charles was certain that Neth was one of those people.

It took a minute before he was ready to speak, Charles had managed to maintain his composure but anyone could see that he was shocked by the mention of Yītuánzāo. He'd been around longer than most, a lot longer, even Yītuánzāo wasn't so many years older than him and that was probably why the mere mention of it made his blood run cold. "From the way you talk I assume that you've found a way to control it. How?"

((Look what the cat dragged in. ahah;; i'm so sorry for keeping you waiting and this post is so short sorry. ;o; )

We’re all hysterical & going nowhere together.

C’mon rapture. Let’s go bedazzling.

Nothing gets futured without its own spitshine
& I’m already not not not not not not miraculous.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 160
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Postby ShadowStitches » 08/29/2013 2:11 PM

(hehe no worries, like I said before, I'm kind of slow at the moment anyway XDD)

He watched Charles reaction with growing interest. He was surprised, honestly, that he at least seemed to take him somewhat seriously. Otherwise he would not be so shocked by his words. He did keep his pride tho, Neth had to give him that.

He furrowed his brow When Charles found his words again " To answer the first part of your question. Yes.
the second part however..."  he sighed deeply. "come on. Even if you think that I am  megalomaniac and a fool, which most people tend to do, you cant possibly think that I am stupid enough to tell you my whole plan.To top it of in a public park? thats almost an insult" He seemed to ponder his next steps. He now was speaking slowly, more carefully. "As...childish as this is. If you are truly interested  you know I'll need something of you that I can...hold against you, as a sort of 'insurance' for me, should things between us get a bit...uhm...upleasant, and information could leak." he smiled crookedly. "not that I think that such a thing would happen, or that you are that Type of guy. its just healthy caution, I'd say." Now, it was getting interesting.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 09/03/2013 5:48 PM

"Apologies, I was getting ahead of myself." Charles only nodded at Neth's request, but offered nothing at his request for 'insurance'. Luckily, the situation gave him some time to think. He was not on Neth's side, but if he was telling the truth about this, then someone would have to make an attempt to stop him. Charles could have asked the prophet about all of this, but Murray was unreliable at the best of times. Besides, he had his own problems. Really, there was nothing for it.

Funny, as soon as Neth had mentioned insurance Charles knew what information he'd have to offer. There was really only one thing that could have destroy his reputation with the other demons, well, there were several things but all of those involved the others. They weren't his secrets to offer.

In any case, Charles was beginning to see himself as disposable.

With a flick of his wrist a large, yellowed envelope appeared in his hand. The spidery handwriting on the front was faded, to the point where it was almost illegible, Charles twisted the envelope in his hands until the back of the envelope was facing towards Neth. The seal appeared to be in black wax, although to someone like Neth the fact that it was sealed with something much more sinister would have been entirely obvious. A seal like that wasn't just used for any old letter (or letters plural, judging by the thickness of the envelope).

"Well, as you said, this isn't something to discuss in a public park. We should head elsewhere."

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Postby ShadowStitches » 04/05/2015 6:15 PM

Neth's eyes widened ever so slightly with curiosity when Charles presented the envelope.
This seemed...important enough to fit as a fair exchange. obviously, he'd much rather know a bit more about what exactly he was offered, but then again, he knew he would have to be patient just a tad but longer.
something that was not in his nature, but he learned (painfully). Not takeing the gaze of the seal, he slowly nodded. "Very well" he stated, tilting his head towards the house.
"hm...if you dont mind, we coud actually use this. its as good a place as any, and no one will disturb us there"

He had used the old house before. and while they where speaking he was already making some slight....changes to the atmosphere surrounding it. nothing fancy, just enough to drive of humans instinctvely, and simoultaniously keeping it a bit more...secure from potential 'evesdropping' kin or angels....tho he highly doubted that this was nescesarry. no one knew they where here, as far as he knew.

without waiting for a response, he was starting towards the house and opened the door, which should have been locked. "After you" he said smirking. "I hope you brought some time with you, Charles. this might....take some time to explain"

(gosh...finally. hope this is okay)

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 04/18/2015 7:31 AM

Charles nodded, holding the envelope under his arm. He wouldn't give it to Neth just yet, at least not until they were inside the confines of the house. "I'll explain the contents of this further once we're inside. It should have been burnt centuries ago, but some lingering sentimentality has been convincing me otherwise for years, in spite of how dangerous the contents are to me personally." He laughed softly. "I suppose now, at least, my past indiscretions are serving some use."

He looked towards Neth. "Time is one thing I have in abundance. There's nowhere I have to be." Even if there was, he wouldn't miss this. It all seemed too important. He entered the house, moving through the narrow corridor to what was probably a living room at one point in time. Charles wondered what the story of this place was, he could have used psychometry, of course, but now wasn't the time to make himself vulnerable by immersing himself in the past.

He stood by a set of bay windows, sun against his back. "I suppose you won't discuss anything any further until I explain your... insurance a little better." He looked down at the envelope, twisting it in his hands. His expression was blank, and his manner strangely mechanical. "This is one half of a set of letters stretching from 1606 to 1832. The ones that will be of most use to you are in the last 50 years of correspondence. For obvious reasons, I will not go into much detail... But the letters involve a-" he cut off suddenly, it was clear Charles would really prefer not to voice what he was about to, "... personal weakness of mine, and a mid-to-high ranking angelic being. The correspondence is my side of the conversation only: every letter I wrote to them. You'll find enough evidence there to warrant either my permanent exile or execution, depending on how merciful my superior feels on being." Charles only had one superior, and Charles knew that you couldn't count on his mercy.

"I'm not playing games here with you, Neth. I understand the seriousness of this." Charles paused, and seemed to gather himself together a little. The aura in the room darked, a heavy, suffocating, primal fear. Something about darkness and silence... a glint of something non-human at the back of a cave. A flash of eyes and teeth. Charles exhaled, sighing and the feeling dissipated. That was what he carried with him, hidden away behind a feeling of power and sophistication. "Equally, I don't expect you to play games with me. I will know what becomes of this envelope, Neth. I'm 2.5 million years old, I've seen humanity rise up from nothing. A few loose groups who shared a fear of the dark, and of a shadow that was a little bit too dark to be a lack of light." He wasn't trying to intimidate Neth, he was simply stating fact.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 07/09/2015 5:46 PM

Once they where inside, Neth turned towards Charles with repressed curiostity in his eyes.
He felt oddly nervous, as if something was squirming in the pit of his stomach. He did not really
tell his actual plan to anyone exept for a selected few. All others he gathered for pure 'muskle' for later stages of the plan=, he told just
enough, and vagually so, to get them exited, but never revealed any details. Obviously, he would not really go into detail here, but he knew he would have to give Charles more then just a few cryptic hints here and there.

He appreteated that Charles was so quick in taking the initiative. He was curious by nature, and this obviously was a big, big deal. and it proved to be as...exiting as he hoped it would be.

Charles words did not miss their mark tho. For the briefest of moments there was a flicker of uncertanty in Neths eyes, something he was sure Charles did not overlook. It was not only by the effect the other one had on his surroundings, it was more a realisation of Neth that made him question himself briefly. Charles was not putting up a show here. Compared to him, Neth was a mere infant, if even that, and he was wondering if he really judged the older demon correctly. He did have his insurance tho, and as soon as his doubt rose, it died down again.

"Dont Worry. I dont need to mention this, but I will not use these letters unless I absolutely have to"
Neth was quite curious about the exact...details of this relationship and the contents of those letters. and not only that/
Charles obviously got around a bit, and it was in Neth's nature to be obnoxiously curious. This was neither the time nor place for him to pry aboutt forbidden relationships or lost knowledge. It was his turn to deliver his part of the deal

He straightened his back slightly, seeming to think about how to start. "First of, so you too have a little more then just spoken word, I will give you a few pages of a the document that holds most of my information about yītuánzāo and the implementation of my plans.
Obviously, I will keep the most important parts, as I need them. But Me merely owning this document, and the indication it holds are enough to get me into a very ugly situation" He would hand him the pages later,
for now he was actually exited to go on.
"Now. Judging by your reaction before, and your...well...age, you know  enough about yītuánzāo that it can not be controlled by neither us nor angels. Its very being would not allow it to 'take sides', even if it wanted to, or was awake, for that matter." He exhaled slowly. "I...more or less recently found the documents I mentioned earlier. It would take far too long to get into detail here, but they do describe
how to wake it from its dormant state, and how to manipulate its  actions enough to have control over it"
He made an other pause. What he was about to tell Charles was something he was quite sure, unheard of.
And he was walking on very thin ice. However, if Charles indeed joined him, his knowledge and power would be very valuable for him. He looked at the other demon through thick, golden swirling dust flakes in the light,  and then dropped the information he only ever shared with his half sister, the only one he ever really trusted before.

"It is possible for a demon and an angel to have a child, these beings are what can only be described as
something purely neutral and in balance. Therefore they, in a way, are the missing link, They are the only thing that could ever connect to and,in a way, control  yītuánzāo. I know of one of them. And where to find her" The air felt oddly heavy after his last words...

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous