Welcome to the Dead Coast, home to the world's largest bucket of salt! Located nearest the Re'nee Sea, this small port-city is home for all opportunists who would gather the sea's salt deposits left on the shores and sell them for profit. (+2 to Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Dead Coast

Re: Long time no see...(P, Mousen and I)

Postby Mousen » 05/12/2013 6:48 PM

For a moment Charles thought he saw something mocking in Leanis' smile, but it was probably just a trick of the light. Privately, he felt very relieved that few people actually knew about the incident. Particularly the fact that he'd been the chief mourner at Quincy's funeral in 1898.

The demon raised his eyebrows, it certainly sounded serious. "Balance. Huh. Sometimes I think shaking things up a bit would be a good idea, but I've been out of things for too long to know whether or not this demon friend of yours has any sense. I doubt it, young demons are always so... excitable." There was a pause, where Charles seemed to be considering something. He looked down and suddenly seemed to find the bottom of his teacup incredibly fascinating. As he spoke, he didn't lift his gaze. "I might regret this, Leanis. But, if you need help, with this. If it really is going to cause problems for demons as well... Head over to Jawan, ask one of the locals about where to find Marlowe-May, they all know her. She's one of you, and if anyone can help you, she can." There was another pause, and Charles looked up suddenly.

"...I would appreciate it if you didn't tell anyone I just said this. My reputation isn't exactly brilliant at the moment, you understand. This... would ruin me entirely." He just hoped that had been the right thing to say. He was going to regret this he knew it, he knew it.

We’re all hysterical & going nowhere together.

C’mon rapture. Let’s go bedazzling.

Nothing gets futured without its own spitshine
& I’m already not not not not not not miraculous.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 160
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Postby ShadowStitches » 05/23/2013 4:08 PM

(hehe crap, now I feel a bit ill XD
ah, we'll see how it goes)

Exitable was not exactly the word Leanis would use when describing Netharem. But it certainly was not wrong either. While listening to Charles, her expression changed from sorrow to disbelief to confusion. It was not overly obvious, but her eyes gave her away.

Of course, she knew that he was just doing so for his own sake, but she could tell that he really intendet to
help her. And that itwas not easy for him. When he looked up again, she finally found her voice back, hoping that it did not give away how utterly baffeled she was. "Charles I...Thank you. Thank you so much.
I do hope that things will not get any worse, but I certainly will visit her"

She watched him intently " Don't worry, I will not tell anyone. As far as I know, we did not even meet today, If that is what you want". she chewed on her lower lip, while obviously pondering hard about something.
He did just do something that left him vunreable, something that she never thought he would ever do, if he could help it. She finally spoke up again, despite her better knowledge, beside her knowing fully well that this could be a trick. "You know...what you did there just now was pretty brave. and I want to...well...give you something back." the fine hair on her neck where standing up in protest as she spoke, but she ignored it "So if there is something...some sort of favor, that I could do for you..." she stopped, not ending her scentence. //what could a demon want from an angel anyway?// she thought. throwing a glance out of the window, she said calmly "there. now we both did something very stupid."
Cannot say, I'm breaking the rules
If I can glue em back together.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 672
Donate

Postby Mousen » 05/23/2013 8:30 PM

It was always nice to surprise people, after a few hundred thousand years there wasn't much surprise left for you. Other people, however. Charles missed being surprised, and not just the baffled amusement at Angus and Sasha's latest misadventure, but proper, genuine amazement. He nodded at her words, meeting her gaze briefly.

"That would be best, thank you." He nodded again, this time his eyes were fixed on the wooden table at which they were sat. His expression was unfathomable, but there was definitely something troubled in it. A little melancholy perhaps, a little tired.

Ah. Surprise. Just when you think you've seen it all. Charles looked up suddenly, and smiled. There was something of his old self in it, and far too many teeth. "You know, Leanis. It's disconcerting how trusting you are, I could take that favour as a verbal contract and hold you to it. You know we're famed for our deals." He took off his hat and put it on the table, the smile faded. "As it is, I'm not going to. There is, however, something I would like you to do for me."

Charles held out his hand for a moment and a feather appeared with in it. Although, to describe it as a feather wasn't quite accurate, although it was certainly feather-shaped, it didn't look like it had come from any sort of bird. The feather was black and about a foot long, but seemed to absorb light rather than reflect it, it was a black mass, more of a shadow than anything solid. "Could you give this to Marlowe for me? Tell her, I'm sorry. She'll understand." He paused and seemed to consider something. "Oh, and I do hate to threaten, since you offered so nicely but it's one of my feathers, you understand. I will know if it doesn't reach her." He looked almost apologetic at the threat, but it was a formality. You couldn't just give angels demon feathers without setting up some ground rules first.
Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Postby ShadowStitches » 05/26/2013 1:29 PM

(sorry, short and sucky post on its way. I have no real excuse other then I have to get into bed early, because I'll
help a friend to move tomorrow at 8 am or so, and I have f*ckton that I want/have to do before hitting the pillows, so jah. sorry^^)

For a short moment, Leanis felt her heart sink, thinking that she should have listened to her
instinct.The Moment went as quickly as it was there tho, and she relaxed visibly. she even smiled
a bit. She played with the thought of teasing him a little, in saying that she did offer him a favor, but did
not say that she would do anything for him, which in turn could be a way out of said verbal contract, or at the very least ease the most likely unpleasant conditions. That was, assuming that he played by the rules.

But as it was, there was no need to point that out, and she did not feel like provoking second thoughts in him.
She watched as the 'feather' materialized in his hand, both with a bit of unease and mild curiosity. Her eyes finally wandering back to him. "I can understand your concern, but be assured that I will bring her the feather"

she tilted her head slightly to the side "tho I have to confess that I am a bit curious about your ... relationship to her" She did not sound questioning, it was more of a statement. She was certain that he would not tell
her anything more about the topic.

(ugh. again, sorry :/)

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 05/26/2013 5:54 PM

Charles relaxed visibly, glad that they had come to some sort of agreement over the matter. "Thank you." There was a slight pause, where he considered how to answer Leanis'... well, it wasn't so much a question as a statement that was looking for answers.

"Oh, we met a long time ago and I said something to offend her. I don't think she's entirely forgiven me for it." Well, that was partly true. He'd said something that roughly translates as "you're fighting a lost cause, sweetheart." To which she replied, without so much looking as casting a glance in his direction, "so are you". It was the most stubborn, single-minded thing he'd heard in his life.

When a thousand years later he found her caught up in the shenanigans of two demons, a fallen angel, two ghosts, three humans and something that vaguely resembled a cat, well, he couldn't help but say hello. His only regret was that he couldn't help with the ensuing chaos, and that their combined reputations at either ends of the scale hadn't even begun to smooth things over.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 06/05/2013 6:07 PM

"I see..." Leanis said slowly. Of course she could have poked around more, but that really was not her style.
A small thought popped into her mind, the question if she ever would have such a...well...pleasant conversation with Neth and not the usual debating and threads from his side. But chances where that not, and experience so far also told her that, usually, conversations with demons rarely took place in a small cafe over a cup of tea.
So she savored this odd moment.

carefully, almost hesitantly she held out her hand towards him to take the feather. as much as she hated to interrupt this moment of...well...as close as she got to 'peace' (and this was obviously a massive stretch of the word) these days, she felt that she should go and seek out Marlowe as soon as possible, considering that she had the feeling like
she had a constant ticking of a time bomb in her head as a reminder of what 'wasted' time could cause. she looked at charles thoughtfully, before saying with a slight smile.
"you know...as strange that sounds...assuming that this world will not crumble apart any time soon, maybe we can meet up for tea again in...a few hundred years or so"

(hmm... I'm thinking this is slowly going to an end(?). BUT I'd love to continue with Marlowe and Leanis, and maybe, if you want, Charles and Neth in an other RP?)

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 06/06/2013 6:55 AM

Charles smiled. "Certainly." He just hoped he'd done the right thing, or... the wrong thing. Or whichever thing it was that meant things went on as they had done before. He couldn't help but worry a little he'd never live it down if it turned out that him, of all people, had been duped by an angel. Especially after he'd been so candid.

Well, it seemed that their little talk had come to an end. Leanis appeared anxious to speak to Marlowe, and from what she'd been saying, time was of the essence. He picked up his hat and stood up. "If you want to go ahead and find Marlowe, I won't keep you. Besides, I'm sure that the cafe would like it's best table back."

Charles left enough money on the table to cover the cost of the tea, and held open the door for Leanis. "It was nice seeing you today, Leanis. Oh, and don't worry about leaving me to my own devices. I'm sure I can find something interesting that doesn't involve razing buildings to the ground or blackening the souls of hapless bystanders. I hear the Museum of Salt is absolutely fascinating."

((I decided to move this along a bit, hope you don't mind. I was thinking that we could continue with Neth and Charles in this RP, since it's easy enough for Charles to bump into Neth after Leanis leaves. And since Marlowe lives in Jawan, perhaps we would start a new RP with those two there? Oh, and I will reply to our RP with Turpin and Acey soon, I've been a little bit preoccupied.))

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 06/10/2013 7:20 AM

(sure! I hope I'll get around posting in Jawan tomorrow or so.I'll throw Neth in here in the next post tho, since I'm, again, more or less on the jump, thus the short post....it appears that I only reply to rps when I have actually no time at that moment XDD sorry

edit: new rp is here :) : viewtopic.php?f=29&t=19853 )

Leanis nodded, then followed Charles to the door. She thought about her conversation, and was wondering if she, maybe, let her guard down too much around him. However, she reasoned with herself, if he really had intended anything msihivous, he would have done something by now. She got annoyed at her yet again nagging scepsis. It was natural, yes, but uncalled for.

She smiled a tired smile at his last comment "I would pretty much apriciate that. and should the Salt museum be not as...uh... exiting as it sounds, I think there is a small park a little ways into the town. It and the
old villa that stands on it has a quite interesting history and aura. might be a bot more to your liking" she added with a small wink.

She turned fully towards him now. "Goodbye Charles. And thank you" it was a short goodbye, but a deeply honest one. and with that, she was on her fastest way towards Jawan.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 06/15/2013 6:29 PM

Charles tipped his hat and smiled, Leanis turned and he watched her disappear into the crowd. Well, that was that. He stood there for a time, watching the inhabitants of the Dead Coast come and go before he made the decision to visit the little villa Leanis had mentioned. Idly, he wondered if it was a trap, although he doubted it. She'd had more than enough opportunity either in the cafe or beforehand if she wanted to try something. Still, demons couldn't trust angels any more than angels could trust demons. It was just the way things were.

He headed towards the park, in no particular hurry and quickly his thoughts turned back to what Leanis had been saying before he'd directed her towards Marlowe. He wondered what Neth was up to and why it was so vital that he was stopped. Leanis hadn't gone into much detail there.

Charles would have to ring Sasha later, she held more influence with the younger generation than he did. Surely she should have heard something. If that failed, there was Theodore, atrocious company though he was. All that stupid fallen angel did was complain, god, how Terry put up with him Charles had no idea.

Oh, he was here. There was the villa at the in front of him, small and slightly worse for wear. It was old, that he could be sure of. He could definitely see what Leanis meant about the aura, even from here it seemed... different somehow even if he couldn't put his finger on it. This was definitely worth looking in to.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 06/23/2013 5:45 PM

(so sorry, been thinking about how to throw Neth into here, and...
well...my brain does not always work the way I want it to work :P
I had a plan too, but it slipped me, so...I'll just...go ahead and make a horrible post)

Netharem wandered through the streets of the small town, only vagually being aware of his surroundings.
He was almost certain that he found whom he searched for this time, and again, no luck. how annoying.
he had much bigger things to plan and to do then to search for some fellow demon he could normally not care less about. But as things where, it was kind of important that he found him, and in this case, he could not possibly send someone to find that guy. no, that was out of the question. still, it felt like a waste of time, and that was something he really did not like. Passing by a bigger shopping window, he caught a glimpse of his reflection. damn, he looked tired. not that he needed sleep, but the last few weeks actually seemed to drain a bit of his power, thus making him look rather sleep deprived.

with an angry grunt, the young man with he dark gray jacket, black, combed back hair and intensely green eyes  turned away from the unwelcome sight, and made his way towards one of the parks.
It was quite some time since he was here, but of he remembered correctly, there was this old villa. its past was not too pleasant, and the aura of that place would maybe at least calm him down a bit. plus, it really was a nice little park...he would only need a few moments after all...yeah, he guessed that was allright.

Leaning on the shoulder high fence that surrounded the Villa, he let his eyes trail over the largely falling apart building, that still had a distinguish beauty to it. at least in his oppinion. Before he could get too lost in though tho, his attention was drawn to an other man who approached the building, not far from him. judging by the aura, he could identify him imidatly as a demon. Interesting, this place seemed to be quite popular
among their kind. Neth stood where he was, looking over at Charles with mild interest. He would not get over and say hi tho. Honestly, he was not entirely sure if he was particularry chatty today, and he left it up to the other one...

(god I'm so terrybly sorry :c
honestly, it will get better, but...ugh. just...
I hope you can do anything with it :/)

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 06/24/2013 12:04 PM

Charles stepped forward to examine the house further when something else caught his attention. Ah. There was another demon not far from here, and if he was right (and Charles was very rarely wrong) it was Neth, the demon Leanis had mentioned earlier. Time to see what all the fuss was about. Worst case scenario, he was sure he could give the younger demon more than just pause for thought. His power hadn't diminished over the years, even if he was a little rusty. So he walked over to his fellow demon and tipped his hat. "Charles Dransfield. Just a wild and crazy guess here, but you wouldn't happen to be Neth, would you?"

Perhaps he was being reckless now, after all, there was no point in kicking the hornets nest as it were. All the same, he couldn't help but be curious if what Neth was planning was really so earth-shattering, Charles felt that he should at least know what it was. Failing that, Neth himself was something of a curiosity. He hadn't met much of the younger generation, apart from Sasha (although at roughly three thousand years old, even Sasha was getting on a little now).

((Tiny post. Sorry.))

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 06/28/2013 1:12 PM

(dont worry... its not like I gave you a lot to work with XDD)

Well, that was kind of unexpected. Neth raised one eyebrow at Charles introduction, and gave him a greeting nod. "I must say, you are pretty good at guessing, Charles." he said with a grin. His eyes however where vary and alert. This was a strange coincidence as it was that two demons met at a place like this by chance. That he knew who he was or...at least had a pretty good reason to assume him here was irritating to say the least.
He'd better be careful around this stranger.

The younger man tilted his head slightly. There was something off. he could sense that the other one was an old demon, far older and quite possibly more powerful, or at least more knowledgeable then him. Alltho that might get other people nervous, Neth did not think anything of it. It was not pure arrogance (tho a big portion of it) but rather the fact that the other one had no reason to attack him. His presence asside, there was something lingering on charles, very faintly, but he definetly was in the presence of an other non human being just moments ago.It bugged him that he could not pinpoint it, but it was very familiar...it was just out of an inches reach to him.Blaming it on his pre occupied mind, he now turned fully towards Charles.  "unless...someone told you about me? Maybe a fan?" he asked smirking wryly, not even really trying to cover his confusion right now.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 07/08/2013 4:09 PM

"Oh, something like that." Charles replied. He wasn't going to deny Leanis' involvement in this, but he wasn't going to state he'd been in contact with an angel moments before. After all, he did have his pride. If Neth  realized what had gone on, then that was fair enough, but he wasn't going to make it obvious.

There were a few moments of silence, and Charles wondered how it was best to approach Neth about what Leanis had said. Since they'd bumped into each other, it would be madness not to confirm what Leanis had said. Although, really, he shouldn't be getting himself involved in all of this. He was too old. "I've actually heard quite a bit about you, Neth. No details, but I was told something about a plan of yours, or a scheme, rather. I don't suppose you'd care to fill in the blanks for me? My sources are getting more unreliable by the day." He laughed quietly, hoping that his questions would be taken as nothing more than casual interest.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 07/10/2013 6:50 PM

Neth went from mildly suspicious to alert emidiatly after Charles mentioned his plan. Only a very few individuals knew about this. And even tho Charles did not seem to know...much, he still knew something, right? that was not good. It meant that one of the few people who knew it was babbeling about it, and that did not sit wll with Neth at all. He thought about the possibility that one of his...closer friends in the demon ranks who knew of the plan would do such a thing, but decidet to push that aside. As much as he knew that one could never really trust on the loyality of his kin, they would have no use in telling anyone really. not now at least.

"well...I wouldn't say that your sources are unreliable, given that this is not actually...wildly known about" he said, looking at the other demon intently. There was no use in lying and denying the whole thing, he knew that much. So...he would have to be all the more careful about what kind of information he would give out now. As much as Neth was someone who would just love to share his, in his eyes, genius plan,he did not know him. For all he knew, he could either be someone who had a genuine interest in the plan, and would even join him maybe. or he could be someone who liked the old ways and was against change, or worse, knew his superiors and the higher ups. "A scheme sounds about right. but its....ahm...a bit tricky to fill in the blanks if I don_t know what exactly you already know" he said casually. Time to find out how much he already knew, and who told him about this. All tho there was someone he began to get suspicious of "I don't want to bore you, after all"

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 07/23/2013 4:07 PM

Oh, bother. Perhaps, in retrospect it hadn't been the wisest thing to do, but it would be worth it if he could find out a little more. He wasn't young any more, sure, but deep down there was some of the old hell fire left. He shrugged. "You know demons, Neth, we hear things everywhere. But those who do the hearing for others tend to be more than a little bit... hesitant in giving everything  away. So, all I know is that you're planning something big. Something that might bring about a great deal of change."

He looked down for a second, then added. "I've been around for a long time, Neth. I've never been more sick of the way things are now." He was being entirely honest now, and it showed, for someone who never showed a great deal of emotion he was laying his cards on the table. He was sick of the way things stood, he was sick of being so entirely lost.

That was no excuse for complete and utter chaos, though.

((Sorry for keeping you waiting. I didn't mean for it to drag on for so long, but I should reply much quicker in future.))

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext