Welcome to the Dead Coast, home to the world's largest bucket of salt! Located nearest the Re'nee Sea, this small port-city is home for all opportunists who would gather the sea's salt deposits left on the shores and sell them for profit. (+2 to Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Dead Coast

Just a Kid (Self) [M]

Postby Kitsumi » 01/19/2015 12:45 AM

Don't judge me based on this roleplay. I'm trying out a new style of roleplaying and I have no idea how this will turn out. Plus, I'm just making short/crappy posts because of stress.

I'm just a kid. At least, that's what the nice lady in the purple dress tells me as I sit in the chair. My legs swing back and forth, too short to actually touch the floor. I'm only half listening to what the lady actually says. I'm far more interested in the shoes mommy got for me. They're purple and sparkly and I like the way they look.

like sunlight shining through the leaves
we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Pen :: Wishlist ::Breeders :: Docs :: Rentals :: Journal
Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 7119
Donate

Re: Just a Kid (Self) [M]

Postby Kitsumi » 01/19/2015 12:47 AM

"Honey, are you listening to me?" the nice lady asks. Her earrings dangle and I smile as I watch them. I nod my head, even though it's a lie. It's okay to lie when you really have to, mommy says. As long as I never lie to her, it's okay to lie. But the lady doesn't believe me, and she frowns. "I was saying that you're just a kid, and you shouldn't have to be here."

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 01/19/2015 12:49 AM

"I like being here," I reply. "I don't mind sitting here and talking." The lady doesn't seem happy with my answer. She sighs and looks at me like I don't understand. That's okay, though. I really don't understand, so I'm not surprised.

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 01/19/2015 12:58 AM

All I know is that a few weeks ago mommy was taken by the police. She came home a few days later, but now I have to come here every week. They ask me a lot of questions and I have to answer them. Mommy already told me the right answers. She also told me not to tell them that she told them to me, or it's cheating. I guess this is a test and if I want mommy to stay home I have to pass it. I want mommy to stay home, so I give them the answers she tells me.

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 01/19/2015 1:00 AM

Today the lady is asking about all of mommy's boyfriends. Do they stay the night at our place? Does mommy leave me home alone to be with them? Do they talk to me? Those are the kind of questions they ask. I try to answer the best I can. But I think the lady knows that I'm only telling her what mommy told me to tell. She looks at me funny and tells me that it's okay to tell her the truth.

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 01/19/2015 1:13 AM

"I am telling you the truth." I try to sound as convincing as possible. If I fail the test, I won't get to see mommy anymore. I'll have to go to a place with no mommy or daddy. I'll eat yucky sludge every day and I'll have to work until my fingers bleed. That's what mommy told me. I always believe what mommy tells me.

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 01/19/2015 1:23 AM

Eventually the lady looks at the clock and stands up. "Time is up," she says. "But I'll see you next week. Do you still have my phone number?" I nod, because I know it's what she wants. Mommy threw that number away as soon as we got home after the lady gave it to us. "Make sure you give me a call if anything scary or bad happens, okay?" The lady insists, and I nod again.

I'm getting really good at lying.

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 01/19/2015 1:26 AM

"Hey there, babygirl!" Mommy greets me as soon as I walk out of the office. I run into her arms and she picks me up. The smell of her perfume is my favorite smell in the whole wide world. I breathe it in deeply as I bury my face in the crook of her neck. It's a dark sort of fruity smell, and it comes from a pretty glass bottle. Sometimes mommy even lets me spray a tiny bit on myself. Then I smell like her!

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 01/19/2015 1:27 AM

Mommy talks to the lady for a little while. The lady says that she thinks I've been trained with answers. Mommy calls her a name that I'm not allowed to say and tells her that she just wants to see me taken away. I try to hide and cover my hears. I don't want to hear them argue. I like the nice lady, but I don't want her to take me away from mommy. I'm sick of hearing grownups fight around me.

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 01/19/2015 1:30 AM

Finally mommy turns away from the lady and walks out the door. She doesn't put me down until we get to the car. She opens the door for me and helps me get buckled. Usually I have to buckle myself, but mommy always does it after I talk to the lady. I think that mommy is scared that the lady watches her and takes notes. I think that's silly. Why would anyone want to take notes on mommy?

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 01/19/2015 1:32 AM

When we get home mommy runs inside the house and leaves me to follow. She has a big date tonight and needs to get ready. I watch a t.v. show while she takes a shower. When she comes out in a towel, I follow her into her room. "Which dress should I wear, babygirl?" she asks me. She holds up two dresses. One is black, and the other is blue.

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 01/19/2015 1:35 AM

"Wear the blue one, mommy!" I hug the dress and mommy laughs at me. I love that sound. I love knowing that I made mommy laugh. I know that mommy will look best in the blue dress. It always makes her skin glow and her eyes which are almost the exact same color look really big and beautiful. Mommy shoos me out of the room so she can get dressed.

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 01/19/2015 1:37 AM

Once mommy is wearing the dress she unlocks her door and lets me in. She knows that I like to watch her do her makeup. Of course she's always beautiful, but when she does her makeup and hair she looks like an angel. As she does the final touches, smoothing lipstick onto her lips, I watch in fascination. "Can I wear some?" I think that she'll say no, that I'm too young. But I always ask anyways.

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 01/19/2015 1:52 AM

The date tonight must have put mommy in a really good mood. She lifts me up on her lap and puts a tiny bit of lipstick on my lips. "Look at you, baby," she croons. "You're even more beautiful than me. Now how did you get so beautiful?" I giggle because I know I'm not prettier. No one is prettier than my mommy.

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 01/19/2015 1:56 AM

There's a knock on the door, and mommy quickly pushes me off her lap. "Oh no, you'll wrinkle my dress!" She stands and straightens her dress but I don't see any wrinkles. Mommy turns to me and leans down so she can look at me better. "This is a very special date. The guy is practically rich. I need you to stay in your room and be very quiet until we leave, okay?"

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Next