Welcome to the Dead Coast, home to the world's largest bucket of salt! Located nearest the Re'nee Sea, this small port-city is home for all opportunists who would gather the sea's salt deposits left on the shores and sell them for profit. (+2 to Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Dead Coast

Re: Who Killed Who?

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 07/19/2015 1:41 PM

He left the library with a few books in tow trying to shake off what had happen. He wasn’t sure he enjoyed Morgana very much and sure as hell was not going to go back to hang out.

Two days later and Maurice was closing one of the books that he had checked with a dissatisfied look on his face. It ended in a cliff hanger and he would have to go back to get the second book. He however was very displeased with the prospect of seeing Morgana again. He had originally planned on avoiding her like the plague.

He rubbed his eyes, “god damn it.” He mumbled to himself. He was going to have to go back. His need to know what happened next was too strong.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1248
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 07/23/2015 9:39 AM

He hesitantly stepped back into the library hoping he could go unnoticed however sadly lady luck was not on his side… ever.

“Back so soon?”

Maurice looked over and spotted Morgana leaning back in a chair with her feet kicked up onto the checkout desk. “Yes, I needed the next book,” he answered. “Aren’t you supposed to be doing something like work maybe?”

She laughed and stood up, “nah the old dandelion is out right now and I decided that I needed a break.”

Maurice frowned, “did you just call your boss a weed.”

Morgana snatched the book out of his hand and walked off with it, “yeah but if you had to be around her as much I do you would be calling her a lot worse than just some weed.”
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 07/23/2015 9:40 AM

“Hey give that back,” he called and chased after her.

“Oh calm down, I just want to help you get the next book.”

He followed her down the aisle that they had been down the other day, “I could have done it myself.” He kept a good distance between them just in case he misread another one of her actions.

Her eyes scanned the shelf, “yes but what fun would that be? Ah! Look at that I found it,” she pulled the book out and held it out. Just when he was about to take it she swiped it away and laughed. “Did you think it was going to that easy?”

“Yes because usually when someone is handing something to someone else they normally mean to give it to them. Now hand it over so I can leave.”
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 07/23/2015 9:40 AM

“What? Are you telling me you were planning on just leaving and not making a time so we can hang out?”

“Yes, yes I was.” He sighed how come it had be this hard, better yet why the television had to be out.

“Hmm… I don’t know if I agree with that,” she idly flipped through the book as she stared at him. Maurice was glaring back before he saw something that caught his attention. The book pages started to glow, Morgana followed his eye line and dropped the book when she also saw what was happening. It fell open facing them with the pages flipping on their own.

“What in the world…” Before he had the chance to finish the sentence they were both being whirled into the pages of the book.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 07/23/2015 9:41 AM

“Well that was a strange turn of events," Morgana mumbled as soon as they got their footing in their new surroundings. They stood in an upstairs landing looking over a entrance hall of a grand mansion.

“Are we…?” Maurice looked around

“Yup I think we are, we’ve entered into the book that you wanted.” Morgana said as she leaned over the railing looking around.

Maurice frowned at that, did that mean that they would have to play along? “How are we going to get out the book?”

Morgana shrugged, “I have no idea?”

“You sure acting calm about this, this isn’t your doing is it?”

Morgana put a hand over her chest, “ah how dare you think that, no I didn’t have anything to with this. Plus if I freaked out nothing would get solved and I take everything as a good opportunity. Take this for an example, now we get to hang out.”
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 07/23/2015 9:41 AM

Maurice groaned, “great. Just great.”

“Oh good, Mr. and Mrs. Williams your both up here. I got scared for a second thinking that there had been another attack especially so soon,” a man was walking towards them with a candle in hand.

Maurice’s eyebrows shot up at hearing what the man said, shoot they were even characters in the story. He quickly threw a sad smile on his face, “no, no I’m afraid not. We are still enduring this horrible nightmare.”

The older gentleman nodded in understanding, “well the rest of the guests are down in the study have something to drink and conducting a plan of who might be behind these attacks. Would either of you like to join?”

Maurice stiffly pulled Morgana closer, “we would love to. Give us one moment and we will meet you down there.”
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 07/23/2015 9:42 AM

When they saw that the man was out of hearing Morgana turned to him, “so who’s Mr. and Mrs. Williams in the books?”

“They’re a married couple, who the books are center after. Mr. Williams is a reporter and he attends a evening event with his wife. He was invited by his boss who in the last book was the first to die. Neither Mr. nor Mrs. Williams know anybody else at the party.”

“How many people died in the last book?” She asked.

“Two died, the boss of the Whittalker News and then at the end when they think that they solved it and that the maid did it she turns up dead. That’s how the book ends, hence why I came back for the second.”
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 07/23/2015 9:42 AM

Morgana linked her arm with Maurice, “come on then, husband. We have a mystery to solve.”

Maurice allowed himself to be pulled down the stairs, “so you want to play along with the story?”

“I feel as if we have no choice but to.” They entered the study and five pairs of eyes looked at them. They found two empty seats on the couch and sat down.

“Alright as I was saying I think we need to go over the events of the last two days. Go over every detail, the murder has to one of us seven. Whoever wasn’t around at time of the crime has to be the killer,” a potbellied man spoke.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 07/23/2015 4:34 PM

Morgana’s eyes swiveled back and forth between the conversations that was happening. She wasn’t sure who all the people were but all the characters seemed distraught. None of them looked to murders. She leaned closer to whisper to Maurice, “who is everyone?”

“Shh, I’m trying to listen,” he whispered back.

“But I don’t know what’s happening?”

“I said shush,” he was trying to be quiet so no one would hear them.

The older gentleman from earlier spoke up, “yes, yes that sounds like a good plan but sadly I’m not as young as some of you I need to get some shut eye.”

“Yes your right Mr. Norman. It is getting late, why don’t we all retire for the night and then tomorrow retrace our steps,” the group nodded in agreeance and started to exit the room and up to their respective rooms.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 07/23/2015 11:29 PM

Once he and Morgana made it to their room Maurice flopped on the bed and started to stare off into space concentrating on something. Morgana sat on the other side, “what are you thinking about?”

“I’m thinking about who the murder could be,” there was seven guests in total left counting him and Morgana. His characters boss was dead and the maid of the house had also died.

“Why did they assume that the maid had killed our boss? Sadly I have not read these books so I don’t what’s happening or who these people are.”

Maurice sat up and faced Morgana with an eager expression, “well okay, so nine people started off in the house in the beginning. Three were merely here as workers, the butler, the maid, and the chef. The older gentleman that met us in the hallway earlier was the butler Mr. Norman.”
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 07/23/2015 11:31 PM

“Hold up,” Morgana interjected, “that old man is the butler?”

“Yes,” Maurice nodded, “why?”

“Well because take it from me that man doesn’t hold himself like a servant more of like an upper class citizen.”

“Why would think that?”

Morgana sighed, “trust me please. I just know.”

“Okay, well then why would he pretend to be a butler?” He questioned.

“Oh I don’t know, I’m not the one who read the first book… anyway tell me how your boss got killed.”
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 07/23/2015 11:32 PM

“Well he was supposedly killed in the third floor hallway on his way back from the restroom. He was stabbed twice in the chest.” Maurice explained.

“Where does the maid come in at?”

“She was the only person that didn’t have an alibi. She was also the one to find him dead. However it was only Mr. Williams to think that her being behind it was suspicious, firstly why would the killer stab him and then almost immediately draw everyone to the crime with them as the only witness. Also the knife was pointed in an upward angle so the killer would have to be the same height or taller than Mr. Dollahagen, the boss. If the maid did kill him the hilt of the knife would be pointing down.”

“So we are looking for someone that is of the same height or taller. Which means we exclude my character, obviously the maid, and… wasn’t there another woman?”

“Yes Clarice Rose, she a seamstress. They never explained her connection as to why she was invited however we can eliminate her as Mr. Dollahagen’s killer.”

Morgana thought a minute, “so that leaves us with Mr. Norman the butler, the chef, your character Mr. Williams, and…”

“Sergeant Ross and Dr. Atlan,” Maurice supplied.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: The Misadventures {Self} (L,V)

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 07/27/2015 1:11 AM

Morgana nodded, “who are those two?”

“Sergeant Ross works for the army and was invited by Dr. Atlan who is supposedly close friends with the owner of the mansion.”

“Who is this mysterious owner?” Morgana stood up and started pacing.

“All that was said about him was that he was meant to show up but was called away to another country for work. He didn’t want to cancel so short notice so he allowed all the guests to come and have a good time anyway under the care of his butler.”

Morgana stopped pacing and turned to look at Maurice, “oh that doesn’t sound suspicious at all.” She rolled her eyes, “for we know he could still be here roaming the house ready to kill each and every one of us and no one would suspect him because he’s supposedly out of the country.”

Maurice sighed, “ugh that got us nowhere and now we have another suspect.” He looked at the door for a minute and walked over to it to make sure it was locked, “plus now I’m creeped out that there is an unknown man stalking the hallways.”
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 07/27/2015 1:11 AM

“Alright I have an idea,” Morgana announced.

“Would you like to share?” Maurice replied sarcastically as he made his way back over to the bed to lie down again.

“No don’t sit back down again. We are going to find some stuff out for ourselves,” she declared.

“What?! You mean leave right now to go wander a dark and scary house that most likely a murder lurking around?” Maurice’s eyes grew wide in fear.

“Yes you scaredy cat, it’s the best time to do it. We need to know how someone murdered your boss.”

“Mr. Dollahagen?”

“Yes, they said that everybody had alibis when he was murdered except the maid but it couldn’t have been the maid since she was also killed. So someone else had to be there and go about undetected.”

“If the owner never really did leave it could have been him.”

“Yes but I want to make sure, so come on.”
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 07/27/2015 5:50 PM

After a few minutes of Morgana pulling Maurice into the semi dark hallway they made their way up to the third floor. “So it was said that Mr. Dollahagen was coming back from the bathroom on the third floor. That sound innocent by why was he all way up on the third floor for a bathroom when there are bathrooms on both the first and second floors?”

“True, I guess we will have to go and find out for ourselves,” Morgana stepped onto the third floor landing.

They walked down the hallway a bit until they came to a dark stain in the carpet, “so this is where it happened.” Maurice looked around and found a hall lamp nearby. He turned it on and looked around.

Morgana looked at the floor, “here’s a question. Why hasn’t anyone called the police or something?”

“Because we are on an island and there is no service. The ferry that takes you out here doesn’t come back around until Tuesday.”
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext