Welcome to the Dead Coast, home to the world's largest bucket of salt! Located nearest the Re'nee Sea, this small port-city is home for all opportunists who would gather the sea's salt deposits left on the shores and sell them for profit. (+2 to Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Dead Coast

Re: Cowboys and... More Cowboys

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 06/24/2015 1:45 AM

Three hours and 45 sneezes later he came tromping out of the room looking triumphant while holding papers in his hand and smile on his face. The rest of the HellRunners that had come along had long ago moved out into the small sitting room as Maurice worked. They assumed that they would only be a bother to him and it was true, he was grateful when the noise bunch had left him. Now though that he had the papers he was ready to get back in time to save their bar.

“Alright guys I found the ownership records, we can show them to the border patrol and they will be forced to retract their pervious statement.”
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1248
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 06/24/2015 1:46 AM

A renewed happiness fell over the group and they all stood and made their way outside hooting and hollering. Ida gave him a pat on the back and Morgana hugged him. They were all truly happy about something that he found so minuscule. He supposed that they weren’t the ones to dig around in heaps of papers and so it came as a good surprise when Maurice found the correct records for them. Valentines cackling started and the complete happiness of the group was infectious and Maurice ended up with a big goofy grin on his face by the time that they were all back on their horses.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 06/24/2015 4:36 PM

They rode into back into their town two days later. Maurice was exhausted and just wanted a nice midday nap but he supposed that that would have to wait for when he got back to the guild.

“So when will the border patrol show up?”

Ida frowned, “soon they do their daily rounds around this time. They try to catch us up to no good so they can put us in jail. Which means it time for me to leave and head to work.”

Maurice gave him a confused look so further explained, “I work at one of the nearby patrol stations. They can’t know that I am part of the HellRunners. I help get information to them through my job.” Ida smiled one last time and road off.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 06/24/2015 4:36 PM

Maurice looked up from where he was petting Mustard and saw a dust cloud rolling towards them. In front of it was a group of horses traveling quickly. They screeched to a stop in front of them and the man in the front hopped the horse and walked in front of Kevlar. “Staying out of trouble I hope he said sarcastically.” He paused a moment, “it doesn’t look as if you’re doing too well at packing up your things.”

Kevlar responded with a smirk on her face, “why would we pack up our stuff from our bar?”

He grimaced, “I thought I made it clear last time I saw you that that bar is ours.”
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 06/24/2015 4:37 PM

Kevlar turned and faced Maurice and he stepped forward hold the legal documents, “under the law you must retract the thirty day notice that you sent out because according to these papers the bar belongs to a Mr. Renold V. Zion. Since he has passed away all his belongings that he didn’t give away in his will remain with his direct family. So actually the bar is a Mrs. Elliot Renae Zion’s. Not yours. If you do not remove your statement we will sue, and we will win.”

The man scowled and hopped back on his horse. He gave one last dirty look before riding off with the other patrol men.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 06/25/2015 1:16 AM

Maurice let out a breath, “did we just win that? I found it to be very easy.”

Kevlar shook her head, “no the war we are fighting is far from over.”

Valentine nodded for once being serious, “this was only one battle…”

Morgana smiled all of a sudden, “that we won! And I know for one thing we have celebrated all night to far less!” She took off to the bar and everyone else followed in a much greater mood.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 06/30/2015 12:52 AM

That morning Maurice said goodbye to his new friends and the simple life. He had surprised himself for actually enjoying it out there and even more for missing it. The people were a band of misfits but together were a group of crazy outlaws trying to save their way of living and he found that to be in some way inspiring.

After giving a Valentine a hand shake and Elliot a hug he turned to Kevlar and Morgana. Smiling Morgana walked over and rapped Maurice into a bear hug, “see you soon Maurice.”

“I’ll be waiting.” He turned to Kevlar, “thank you.”

She shook her head, “shouldn’t I be saying that to you.”

“No, because I think you did a lot more for me than I did for you, so thanks.”

Kevlar walked over and also wrapped him in a hug, “let’s call it even then. Come on we got to head out and get you back home.”
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 06/30/2015 12:52 AM

Maurice unlocked the front door to his and Hellen’s apartment, it was quiet and no one seemed to be home. He walked in and set his bag down in the small kitchenette. As he found his way into the living room he spotted the couch and a wave of exhaustion hit. Maurice fell onto the couch and closed his eyes letting himself drift into a dream that was filled with stars.

That was until a horrible thought hit him. He shot up like a bullet, what if Hellen spent all their money?!

END
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: Who Killed Who?

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 07/06/2015 12:40 PM

Re-seeing Morgana made him revisit the memory of when he had first met her, which was a very strange week.

Maurice walked down one of the guild streets with no real motivation. It was the middle of summer and all he wanted to do was sit in the air conditioned apartment and watch television however it was broken at the moment, he blamed Hellen, and so he was travelling to the library. Had their TV not broke he wouldn’t have even known the guild had a library but Copper told him that there was one right around the corner from his shop. So there he was on his way to the library. He stopped in front of an old building that looked abandon except for the open sign that hung out the front window.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 07/06/2015 12:41 PM

He pushed the door open and in an instant an old musky smell surrounded him. A happy woman’s face poked out between one of the isles of books, “ah a new face!” He voice echoed through the large library and she gave him an uh oh expression before walking over to him. “Sorry I normally don’t yell I just got so excited to see someone knew come in. So what can I do for you?” She was a plump old woman that now thinking about it he had seen around a few times.

He smiled back, “well I sort of wanted a book.” He thought it was best to leave out that the only reason he was here was because his television was broken.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 07/06/2015 12:42 PM

Her grin grew bigger, “well we have plenty of those.” She turned her head so she could call over her shoulder, “Morgana there’s someone here why don’t you come out and help him find a good book.”
A lady that was sporting pink and black hair came striding out of one of the isles. She looked Maurice up and down and then laughed. He frowned at her, “what’s so funny?”

She met his eyes and realized he had taken offence, “oh don’t go getting your panties in a twist I was only admiring your outfit. Only someone with guts could strut around in that.”

His frown deepened and the older lady cut in, “okay Morgana I know you’re new but you need to know how to play nice with customers.”
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 07/06/2015 12:43 PM

“Yeah,” he scoffed, “not insult what they wear.”

Morgana rolled her eyes, “any who, follow me I know the perfect book section for you.”

He looked at the back of her head suspiciously as she showed him to a far corner. One side a long tall row of books that seemed to be filled with mystery books as the other side had two tables with comfy chairs before another giant shelf of books that towered far up to the ceiling.

Maurice enjoyed mysteries and was happy she had showed him to this area. Morgana sat on one of the tables swinging her legs back and forth. Her boots hitting one of the table legs each time.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 07/06/2015 12:44 PM

He tried his best to ignore it but she continued on until he spun around, “will you please stop it!” He shouted quietly, they were still in a library.

“Hmm, no.”

He sighed deciding to take a different approach, “are you new in town? I don’t think I have ever seen you.”
“Yup, I got bored where I lived and decided to take an adventure. So here I am, I’ll leave again when I get bored though.”

“Oh…” He trailed off and continued to read the titles of the books and she went back to tapping her feet over and over and over again until he grew frustrated once more. “I appreciate you showing me here, but you don’t have to stay.”
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 07/06/2015 12:44 PM

She smirked, “why leave when it’s so much fun irritating you.”

“You won’t keep your job very long if you act like this to everyone who comes into here.”
“What, no I only annoy people that I like.” She grinned and stood up making her way up to him.

He frowned, “well you must not make very many friends.”

She smiled at his ignorance and leaned up closer giving him a kiss. His eyes grew wide and he shoved her away immediately, “what was that for?!” He didn’t understand how they had gotten from point A to point B. Since the few minutes ago when they met he had gotten the vibe that she didn’t like him. Boy, had he been wrong.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 07/06/2015 12:45 PM

She had started laughing, “you’re real funny, you know that?”

“I don’t think I have done anything funny recently?”

Morgana kept laughing until she could finally control herself again, “sorry for doing that. I hadn’t realized that you didn’t pick up what was happening.”

“No, I must have missed it.” He said displaying no emotion. Something he picked up from Hellen.

She grinned and started to walk off, “while I’m here we should hang out some time. It could be fun.” She waggled her eyebrows and turned the corner.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext