Welcome to the Dead Coast, home to the world's largest bucket of salt! Located nearest the Re'nee Sea, this small port-city is home for all opportunists who would gather the sea's salt deposits left on the shores and sell them for profit. (+2 to Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Dead Coast

"Hurricane for an Ally" With Leander (L & V)

Postby DeadAlice » 05/12/2015 12:57 AM

"Hurricane for an Ally"

#4080FF
#F97507

"So what you're telling me Edith is that two of our top members weren't able to catch one god damn guy?" Asked an annoyed Raz, he had his elbow on his desk with cigarette in hand. Edith seemed to feel the same disappointment, she hated having to tell Raz about this with the mood he's been in since he heard about Lewis. She watched as the gray fog of acid floated into the air and disappeared, she hated Raz's habit however at times of stress she couldn't blame him.
"That's exactly what I'm saying. Leon and Mickey couldn't capture the guy he's stronger than we anticipated Raz," Edith answered while she watched his face for any type of expression hoping to read his thoughts, but like his dad she could not figure out what was going on in that head of his. "I know you're pissed about what happened to Lewis, but don't go making rush decisions because you're upset."
"I'm fully aware of that Edith, however if two of the strongest members couldn't get the fucker then, how are is public going to be able to handle him?"
"First, watch your mouth around a woman because I know your father taught you some manners. Second, I don't know Raz, but seeking out revenge for a friend is only going to cause you and everyone else here at the guild trouble, don't bring down the guild that your family worked so hard to build."
"Counterclaim for the number one; he didn't teach me anything of the sort so don't make up shit. Second counterclaim, the guild will not fall and I refuse to step down from finding this guy, he's going to pay and if I can't send a member of the guild to get him then, I'll be leaving, prepare my things and cancel my appointments. I'll be leaving at dawn."
"No don't do this Raz, please think of this rationally, yo-"
"I have and I'm leaving. I'm done talking to you about this. Please, just get my things ready." Raz put his cigarette in his month and continued filling out paperwork and then typing on the computer. Edith walked out without another word. Raz looked up at the empty door-frame, took out his cig and smashed it into the ash tray. He then rubbed his face in his hands feeling the wave of stress crash down on him, drowning him with thoughts of his friend. He was tired of the search, tired of getting no results and tired of not having the guy responsible for hurting Lewis in his hands.
"Hurricane I will find you and you've pissed me off so the visit won't be a pleasant one."
Pen Shop Docs Wishes
DeadAlice
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 305
Donate

Re: "Hurricane for an Ally" With Leander (L & V)

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 05/12/2015 11:58 AM

It hurt, the pain pounding in his head. A slow throbbing, slow enough to the point where he would occasionally think it had went away just for it to come back seeping the dull agonizing pain to pulse through the front of his skull. The pounding of his headache seemed to match the way he tried to escape his mind. Everywhere his eyes landed it was just blank, sometimes a flash of brightness would come and go but the dark sunglasses that sat on his face for the majority of the day and night eliminated everything except pitch black darkness. Frustration coursed through him giving the slow throbbing a faster paced thump, thump, thumping that forced him to pinch the bridge of his nose. Being blind was something horridly different and the sudden transition from having amazing eyesight was a shock of cold water that would be difficult to warm up to.

Through practice of having to get from point A to point B helped his ability to walk in public or anywhere at all. The sensation of not being able to tell where one’s going and or what was happening only added to the speed of his headache. The noise, it was as if someone placed colossal speaker next to his ears, amplifying every noise that was around. The migraines origins originated from his discovery of the deafening sound.  Everywhere he traveled it was always so loud, recently his head rarely went without the headache, and it was a surprise that he hadn’t named it yet.

His feet rested on a bar stool that he perched on in a less frequented pub while in his hands he nursed a gin & tonic. Hurricane sat listening in on a conversation from the other side of the pub, before it used to be hard to concentrate on distant conversations but now it seemed to be the only he could do. The focus he gave to the other people conversation helped relax the tension that was in his mind by a bit so Hurricane was tranquil with listening into the stranger’s faraway conversation.

Earlier during the week he had an altercation with two bounty hunters that were after the large bounty that was still on his head. Hurricane had been lucky enough to get away with from that in one piece and alive. His amazing ability that he trained the majority of life for was now wasted because of a stupid curse. Since he had left the hunters alive more would be after him, so he would wait and be ready for the day that he wouldn't be a free man anymore. He knew it would be soon, not that he would go laying down for them. He would put up a fight but how could someone with one of their most important senses gone compete?
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1248
Donate

Postby DeadAlice » 05/12/2015 12:48 PM

Raz left at dawn. He had all the necessary items in the back of his truck and his guns that he wasn't even sure if he could still use were back there too. It had been a long time since he'd had to use them and they've sat and accumulated dust for a few years untouched and not needed until now. He wasn't tried because his anger fueled him and helped keep his mind focused on the road ahead. However, the road would have to wait because Raz needed to make another stop at a gas station. It was getting close to sunrise and he felt like he hadn't made that much progress on leaving his own territory. He was still in Dead Coast that the guild was slowly taking over and he still wasn't close to the place that he last heard Hurricane was at. At this rate he thought he'd miss the opportunity to catch the man responsible for putting Lewis in the hospital. He wondered if he'd even get the chance to come close to Hurricane. Raz was at the point of shooting the man in the head and then asking questions later type of mood. Hurricane's last location was still about another 28 hours away Raz thought to himself while he waited for the gas to finish pumping into his truck's fuel tank.
"Fuck, I need more cigarettes"
Pen Shop Docs Wishes
DeadAlice
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 05/12/2015 5:12 PM

Hurricane finished his drink, he was planning on heading back to where he had been staying. He stood up after he paid and put his sunglasses on. As he made his way to the door a man had just entered. Hurricane could hear the door shut and the heavy footfalls of the man, and he felt the cool air hit him from the outside. Then the shock of a collision with his shoulder as the man ran into his side.

"What the hell, are you fucking blind?! Watch where you're going!" The man yelled and then shoved Hurricane.

He spun on his heels and without much thought he punched the man in the face, square in the jaw. How he knew where to punch was all up to instinct. He ripped off his glasses, "as a matter of fact yes I am blind! Thanks for noticing, you lousy piece of shit!"

He wasn't sure how he was doing it but he grabbed the fist that had been heading towards his head in midair. In one fluid motion he had the man crashing against a table making it crack in the middle and come buckling down into the ground with the unconscious man.

Hurricane calmly put his glasses back on and attempted to make his way out of the pub.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby DeadAlice » 05/13/2015 3:52 PM

Raz had finally arrived at the town where Hurricane was heard to be staying at for a couple of days. In hope of finding Hurricane just wondering the streets, Raz signed into the hotel that Edith had already called in to keep a room available. He payed the parking lot fee and left his truck. He didn't need the truck in order to get information not to mention he really didn't think that he'd find Hurricane as easy as walking down the sidewalk. However, it actually was that easy, in front of a pub there was sounds of a fight going on. The man that Raz has been searching for walked right outside the door wearing all black and black sunglasses. His facial features gave off the impression that he was furious and there was a crowd of people gathered around Hurricane's victim that was unconscious on the floor. Raz stood only a few feet away from Hurricane, he was thinking of his next move and trying to predict Hurricane's, who was a highly trained assassin. Raz of course was not naive and wouldn't walk into a situation that he couldn't handle. Despite the two years of being behind the desk and no longer in action, Raz was still training himself everyday for long periods of time during the night. He would not let this man get away. He didn't give a shit about his pride or his own safety, his batteries were running off of rage and revenge.
Pen Shop Docs Wishes
DeadAlice
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 05/13/2015 10:50 PM

The cool air calmed his anger as he exited the building but it didn't remove the large scowl that he wore on his face. Hurricane felt it, more accurately them, a pair of eyes on him. He didn't slow but just kept on walking at a brisk pace. He felt anger but not his own, it singed his skin. Whoever it was that was watching him was not a friend. Most likely an ally to the bounty hunters from the previous week. Could the night get any worse he thought, Hurricane was in no mood to play games.

He quickened his pace as soon as he heard the feet behind him, whoever this person was they were not clumsy. The footfalls he heard were very precise and planned. He wondered if his captor knew of him being blind or if the person assumed he was douche that wore sunglasses at night. Hurricane didn't own a walking stick to make sure he wasn't going to run into anything so he guessed that he didn't look like the typical blind man... he hoped.

He started to slow down and make a turn into an ally. He knew it was there because the air density felt lower. It also felt colder, he couldn't feel the warmth of the day's sun radiating off the wall anymore.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby DeadAlice » 05/14/2015 1:33 AM

Hurricane didn't stop to recognize Raz's presence and he didn't mind that because he knew that this man was fully aware of him. He had a gun tucked in his pants which was hidden with his jacket. Raz followed Hurricane to an alleyway, he wasn't sure if Hurricane was going to deal with him or try his best to escape. It didn't matter to Raz because he was fully determined to take Hurricane back to the guild with him.
"Hurricane, stop" Raz said instead of taking out his gun from behind him, he took out his butterfly knife and was ready for any type of attack. He hung his torso low with his arms slightly up that was equally level to his face and walked carefully.
"You're coming with me dead or alive. Personally I wouldn't care if you were dead, it'd make it easier for me to take you without any problems."
With a quick flick of his wrist this blade swished out and Raz took off aiming for Hurricane's thigh, but despite his words he was avoiding a major artery.
Pen Shop Docs Wishes
DeadAlice
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 05/14/2015 12:06 PM

Hurricane obeyed the man’s command and slowed to a stop. He turned around but didn't look ahead, he angled his head down so not to give away of his disability. He could hear the opening of a knife, at least it wasn't a gun. He thankfully had a fighting chance with his opponent.

He let out a low chuckle, “hopefully I do leave this still alive. It would be rather pathetic if my life ended in the hands of such a puny adversary.”

He heard the man lunge and soon after felt stinging pain in his leg, it felt awful not being able to dodge and move as swiftly and precisely as he used to. Hurricane took a swing into darkness hoping it would land somewhere important and not just into the air.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby DeadAlice » 05/14/2015 12:22 PM

Hurricane for some reason didn't dodge the attack that could have been easily avoided with his training. Something must be wrong, Raz thought. He wasn't putting his best foot forward in this fight. Was he purposely losing? No, that wasn't it and Raz didn't have time to think more on it because Hurricane threw a wild punch which Raz quickly dodged. Raz almost dropped to the floor however he swung his leg in order to knock Hurricane off his feet and then Raz would lunge at him with full force.
Pen Shop Docs Wishes
DeadAlice
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 05/14/2015 7:19 PM

He fell like a sack of potato's, crashing down hard onto the floor. His opponent was a man with rage, he could feel it with every blow attempted on him. It wasn't like back in the pub when it was easy to predict the drunkard movements. The brutal truth was that Hurricane just wasn't as good as he once was.

He heard his glasses fall off his face and clatter on the ground. The colors were back, swimming around in his vision. A shadow loomed over him, he could see it as it blocked the light from the corner street lamp from his view. His eyes were wide and he, if he still had the ability of sight, made eye contact with the mystery fighter.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby DeadAlice » 05/15/2015 12:18 AM

Raz looked directly into Hurricane's eyes, the color of both his retina and pupil were similar to a gray storm cloud with only a small amount of light peeking though. Raz's eyes widen in shock. How did this known killer managed to become blind? He looked healthy enough except for the eerie air that circled around him, he felt like a huge disaster waiting to happen. Why did it so intense all of sudden, Raz's eyes then returned to normal with a small amount of annoyance in them. He knew why, Hurricane didn't become blind due health reason, but rather due to misfortune with some type of spell caster. In other words, Hurricane was cursed by someone.
"How did this happen?" Raz wondered aloud.
The aura around him was strong Raz felt, probably due to Hurricane's emotions Raz thought. The spell itself was could not be removed however it is easy to handle with the right mindset and obviously Hurricane didn't have it. Raz could understand why, losing your eyesight isn't easy to cope with.
Pen Shop Docs Wishes
DeadAlice
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 05/15/2015 3:03 AM

"How did it happen you ask, magic will always win out when faced against talent. The witch did worse than killing me. I used to have nightmares of the people that's lives I had taken. Now I don't get the option of opening my eyes and waking up. All I see is there faces, there cold. dead. faces."

When Hurricane didn't hear any sudden movements from the man, he stood back up and swept his hair out of his face, "do it. Finish me, I rather just die. I have become the pathetic one and its my turn to go. I know you have a gun somewhere on you. Use it, I don't understand why you didn't in the first place."
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby DeadAlice » 05/15/2015 2:18 PM

Raz looked at Hurricane, he couldn’t read his mind through his facial expressions anymore. However, Raz could still feel the heavy gloomy aura that surrounds Hurricane like a small mood cloud hung over his head except for this “cloud” surrounded him like fog. Raz felt uneasy about Hurricane’s sudden mood change and he looked at Hurricane’s face for any facial signs that could help understand what Hurricane’s angle was. Of course this man didn’t want to die, he would’ve done it by himself right? Raz needed more time to think and he just needed to take Hurricane back to Lewis for him to decide his attacker's fate.
"I'm not going to kill you, that wasn't why I wanted to search for you. I'm going to take you with me."
Pen Shop Docs Wishes
DeadAlice
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 05/15/2015 4:35 PM

Flashback
X X X
Hurricane stayed in the shadows, that’s where he belonged. He watched the unsuspecting lady as she crossed the empty street. He had been watching her for weeks and he found her to be a creature of habit. The lady’s name was Ailey Calarook and she always took the night shifts everyday from Monday to Friday. She would then walk five blocks from work to an apartment building where she then would go to the third floor and enter room C43.

He followed her like he did every night for past couple of weeks. However tonight was different, tonight there would be a storm. He sped up and every step she took he gained two on her. Hurricane was quiet, unnoticed just the way he liked it.

X X X

Hurricane let out internal sigh of relief, he had judged correctly. He had hoped that the man wasn't the one to kill a sucidial man.

He held his arms out to be handcuffed, "where to partner." He said sarcastically.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby DeadAlice » 05/16/2015 3:38 PM

Raz's eyebrows frowned at the stupid remark that he had made, but chose to ignore it and handcuffed the man's hands. He began dragging him out of the alley forcefully once Hurricane had caught his balance on his feet. There were people watching Raz direct his prisoner through the streets. Once they made it to the hotel he went to the parking lot where his truck was sitting in the orange glow of the security lights that hung above. Raz took Hurricane behind the truck back and had him hold still.
"Hold still and say nothing. You move, I kill you and we don't want that," Raz finished not wanting a smart-assed answer in return. He grabbed Hurricane cuffs and forced him above his head, "keep them still and high like this." Raz then began patting down Hurricane for weapons and found two knives strapped to his ankles. He forced Hurricane's hand down and tug him to the right side door of his truck.
His truck had a backseat and it was a four-door, making the truck itself appear bigger than it was. The truck's back seat had enough room for three people and there was a locked window behind the seats. Raz had also installed a fence that protects the people who would sit in the front seat like in a police car. He carefully led Hurricane into the back, belted him and closed the door. Raz walked around the trucks back and jump in the canopy and grabbed Hurricane's weapons into a locked toolbox. He wasn't going to risk anything with his guy.
Raz got into the driver's seat of his truck, rung up the guild's land-line and waited for Edith to answer.
"Hello Raz!?" Edith answered quickly, it hadn't gotten the chance to ring a second time.
"Edith, I'm coming back. Prepare the cage. Also, call his hotel and cancel the room."
"You're coming back already!? You just got there! You have Hurricane! I knew I should have gone with you!"
"Edith could you quiet down you're yelling in my ear," Raz said has he held the phone away from his ear.
"Shut-up asshole! You're being a huge idiot!"
"Ugh, I'll see you in 50 hours. Bye." Raz hung up the phone before Edith could finish nagging him.
Pen Shop Docs Wishes
DeadAlice
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next