Welcome to the Dead Coast, home to the world's largest bucket of salt! Located nearest the Re'nee Sea, this small port-city is home for all opportunists who would gather the sea's salt deposits left on the shores and sell them for profit. (+2 to Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Dead Coast

Re: Insert clever title [Language] Self

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 09/04/2015 12:44 AM

Egypt watched as his brother got off the plane with a young student. He frowned, why did Jazz bring a child? "I didn't realize this was going to be a field trip," Egypt said as soon as they came into hearing distance.

Jazz rolled his, "I hadn't realized you still owned that... thing."

"It's called a motorcycle Jazz," he turned and shielded his eyes looking down the road, "Sahar should be showing up soon with your ride."

"Our ride?," Knox questioned.

"You didn't think we were all going to ride on my chopper, did you?" Egypt joked.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1248
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 09/05/2015 1:46 PM

Twenty four minutes later and a dusty old pickup was bouncing down the bumpy road closer to them. When it slowed to a stop a woman got out and greeted them with a smile. Egypt, who was already seating himself back on his bike, introduced her, "this is Sahar. She was the one to originally contact me about what's going on around here. We should talk more when we are in town." He revved his engine and took off down the road.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 09/05/2015 1:51 PM

Jazz stook out his hand to greet Sahar and she took it, "hi I'm Jazz and this is one of my students Knox."

Knox smiled and also shook her hand, "Hi."

"Well I believe we can talk more after we get going, we wouldn't want to get too far behind from Egypt," Sahar suggested as she opened the drivers door. Pulling her seat she let Knox climb into the back seat, since her truck was only two doors. She pushed the seat back and once Jazz was in and buckled she followed the trail of dust that Egypt left behind his motorcycle.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 09/05/2015 2:02 PM

Sahar made eye contact with Knox through her rearview mirror, "so Knox, your name, do you know what it means?"

"Yes it's a lose variation of darkness. I have it because of ability I have," he answered.

"And what is the skill that you have?" she asked while every once in a while peering at the road to make she was still on the right side.

"I can control darkness even though I'm not good at it," he let out a disappointed sigh. How many was he going to have to say that before he was actually going to be good at it?
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 09/05/2015 2:05 PM

She nodded but didn't continue the conversation. While they drove in silence he thought maybe it wasn't a good idea to just tell random people about his ability. Especially since people here might have gotten to the point of doing anything for some darkness. When he looked at Jazz to see if he had any answers he found none thankfully though he also didn't look mad or upset so he was probably fine for now. He leaned his head against the window and stared off into the dry scenery until they arrived.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 09/06/2015 6:22 PM

Knox sat up in seat when they were drawing closer to the city. In front of them was a large stone wall that seemed to wrap around the large city. Towering over the other buildings was a beautiful palace. Coming up to the entrance they slowed down to a stop. A guard came over to them and Sahar pulled out a slip of paper and guard nodded. They continued into the city and drove down the main road that led to the palace.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 09/06/2015 6:22 PM

The sides of the streets were full of vendors which stuck Knox as odd since it didn't seem like a lot of visitors were welcome here. Sahar stopped the truck and had a small conversation with a vendor before coming back, "okay we walk from here."

Sahar let Knox out and went around to stand near Jazz. When they had their bags the followed Sahar down some old dusty alley ways. Not the dark creepy alleys that were from where he was from. These alleys were narrow and winding with many different areas where it would fork off into other alleys. Alleys crossing through other alleys. If you didn't know the place it would seem easy to get lost. When he looked up he saw hanging clotheslines strung from one side of the building to another with many different colorful clothes hanging off of them.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 09/06/2015 6:23 PM

Sahar stopped in front of a door and and pulled out a key. Unlocking the door she held it open for them to walk in. Once inside Knox noticed Egypt already sitting at the table.

"Took you long enough," he said in-between bites of fried rice.

Sahar laughed, "seems like you found the food already."

He nodded, "it's really good too."
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 09/06/2015 6:24 PM

"Thank you I found some garlic and I had a lot vegetables. A little chili, cinnamon, cashews, and garam masala and wa-la," she turned to Jazz and Knox," there's more on the stove. I can serve it and we can talk over food."

"Thank you Sahar," Jazz said as he took a seat at the table. Knox followed and also sat down. Sahar placed a dish in front of them both and also sat down.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 09/06/2015 6:24 PM

Jazz dug into his food and in between bites he asked, "so how do you plan on getting into the palace?"

Egypt frowned, "if I knew that then I wouldn't have invited you."

Jazz raised an eyebrow, "typical. Sahar do they ever let visitors into the palace or is completely closed off from the public?"

Sahar shook her head, "the only people allowed in the palace is the royalty and the workers. Everyone who works there just lives in the palace to make it easier to do their jobs."
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 09/07/2015 3:32 PM

Jazz let out a sigh, “the only thing I can think of is pose as workers.”

“Or we could do something a little more entertaining,” Egypt countered as he pulled out a large raw yellow topaz out of one of his pockets.

Sahar’s eye in size, “where did you get that? That stone should be locked up in the palace.”

“What are you playing at Egypt,” Jazz asked with malice.

Egypt gave his brother a cunning grin and turned back to Sahar, “it’s a fake. One of my contacts found it not to long ago and I obtained it from him just for this occasion.”
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 09/07/2015 3:39 PM

“May I hold it?” she asked.

“Sure,” Egypt passed it to her and faced Jazz, “so I know whatever you come up with would be just fantastic but hear my plan out.”

“If you had a plan then why did you say you didn’t a few minutes ago,” Jazz sighed frustrated with his older brother.

“Because I wanted to humor you. Now listen, Sahar here used to work in the palace and so she’s knows the layout like the back of her hand. All we would need to do is find a safe way in and out. Once we are in we let Sahar direct us to the stone room, we switch the stones and get out before they even know we were there,” he paused to take a bite of rice.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 09/07/2015 3:46 PM

Jazz shook his head in disbelieve, “how have you made this far as a thief with hair brain plans like that.”

“Treasure hunter, and normally stuff that doesn't look good on paper normally work,” he smiled.

“Well there will probably be guards everywhere how do you suppose we get around those?” Jazz asked trying to shoot down his idea.
Sahar looked up from admiring the stone, “the boy. The boy said he could control darkness. Guards cannot see in the dark.”

Egypt for the first time glanced at Knox, “is it true?”

Knox sighed, “it is. However I am not good at it. I’m really bad actually.”
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 09/07/2015 4:01 PM

Egypt scoffed, “what, Jazz you brought a broken wizard with you!”

Jazz frowned, “no I brought a wizard who has never had enough motivation to try hard.”

“Hey I always tried hard,” he said forcefully.

“Magic comes from the gut, if want to wield it, you’ve got to want it,” Jazz replied in sync with Egypt. It was something that their father would tell them all the time when they were kids. They gave each other a strange look before moving on.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 09/10/2015 9:25 PM

Knox rolled his eyes, "you guys wouldn't understand. Neither of you possess magical abilities."

The brothers gave each other a look, "and you came to that conclusion how?" Egypt asked.

He shrugged, "wouldn't you guys use your abilities to help if you could."

Egypt scoffed, "if it was power of manipulating the dark I would."

"Then what is your magical ability," Knox asked.

Jazz smiled, "we have the ability to control snakes."
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext