Welcome to the Dead Coast, home to the world's largest bucket of salt! Located nearest the Re'nee Sea, this small port-city is home for all opportunists who would gather the sea's salt deposits left on the shores and sell them for profit. (+2 to Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Dead Coast

Normal Shopping Day with ℳaurice and ℋellen (Finished)

Postby DeadAlice » 08/01/2015 3:04 PM

“You want to come with me? You hate shopping, what made you change your mind?” Hellen asked as she pull her purse strap around her head and laid it across her chest. Hellen’s hair tied up into a ponytail while she let  her bangs hung freely that cupped her face, she wore her high-waisted skirt with a white dress shirt that Hellen had tucked in and her favorite wedge heel sneakers. Hellen looked up at her partner that stood behind her, “I’m going to take my time so, you can’t rush me,” she said as she started walking towards their apartment door. “Alright, you’re driving.”
Pen Shop Docs Wishes
DeadAlice
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 305
Donate

Re: Normal Shopping Day with ℳaurice and ℋellen

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 08/01/2015 3:18 PM

“Are you seriously asking me why? Last month you spent too much, almost all our money went to things that we didn’t really need. We have bills that need to be paid Hellen, we can’t just forget about them. We went without TV last month because of it,” Maurice scolded. He honestly wanted to be as far away from shopping as he could get but he needed his TV and he wasn’t going to go another month without it. “Why do I have to drive? You hate it when I drive,” even though he said that he was still climbing into the driver seat and buckling in.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1248
Donate

Postby DeadAlice » 08/01/2015 3:20 PM

“First, let me say that I remember about the bills and I’ve got many missions to pay them back. Second, your tv isn’t that important, you should get out more Maurice. Third, Leon’s store doesn’t have all the items I need so we have to go into town and travel a ways to get all the necessary things. So, I don’t feel like driving today.” Hellen fished out her seat belt and buckled herself in. She pulled her hair from behind her and dropped it onto her shoulder where it fell onto her chest. Hellen’s red hair glistened in the afternoon sun, her perfume smelled of roses filled the inside of the car and she rubbed her hands together to evenly absorb the soft lotion into her skin that was a little dry. While, Maurice pulled out of the apartment garage and sped off onto the guild’s main road Hellen watched as the clouds moved slowly across the sky, she wondered if there was going to be a storm coming.
Pen Shop Docs Wishes
DeadAlice
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 08/01/2015 3:31 PM

“Hellen you can’t just pay back bills whenever you want, we have deadlines. It’s also not about just the TV but also the water and the electricity. Do you like hot showers Hellen? Without money we don’t get fun things like that,” he spoke as he sped out of the guild and down a road toward town. Up ahead he saw a critter crossing the road and he didn’t slow down just violently swerved around it and then jerked back onto his side of the road before a giant truck smashed into them. “What are we planning on getting from the store?” he asked as the first droplets of rain hit the windshield. He turned on the wipers and continued on speeding.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby DeadAlice » 08/01/2015 3:40 PM

Hellen decided to ignore Maurice’s nagging, she wasn’t at all interested in him telling her things that she already knew. Yes, Hellen did, in fact, prefer cold water to hot water. She didn’t mind that there was no electricity besides she was hardly at home anyways from all the missions that did alone. Maurice just wanted to watch television she thought to herself. As, Maurice was speed racing down the guild’s exit road Hellen watched as the rain droplets started to fall faster and at a harder pace. “Uhh, I’m not all that sure yet. We need food, of course, but other than that I don’t know. I felt like today was a good day to go shopping."
Pen Shop Docs Wishes
DeadAlice
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 08/01/2015 3:41 PM

Maurice rolled his eyes, more like a good day to spend all their money. He peeled into a parking spot after what felt like forever. It however hadn’t taken as long as it would have since he sped well over the speed limit the whole way. He got out of the car and slammed the door shut. The rain was coming down hard and distant thunder could be heard. Him and Hellen started off towards to the doors and by the time he made it inside his pink hair was drenched and sticking to face. He wiped it out of his eyes and went to go grab a rolley cart.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby DeadAlice » 08/01/2015 5:10 PM

Hellen’s red hair looked similar to a puddle of blood; dark red and wet. She wandered about the store a bit looking at all their appeal. She found some good smelling candles, she would inhale a large amount the candle’s scent and then lift it up close to Maurice’s nose so he could smell the candle as well. Finding a couple they liked, they continued on looking throughout the store. The more they walked around the eerier it got, Hellen thought it was strange that the store was so quiet and she hadn’t seen another person walking around. Better yet, she didn’t see any workers here either, something was wrong and sadly in this situation she hadn’t brought Yoru along with her.
Pen Shop Docs Wishes
DeadAlice
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 08/01/2015 5:20 PM

As much as Maurice didn’t want to admit it but he enjoyed rolling around on the cart, zipping through the isles. He slowed to a stop in the back frozen food aisles when he saw a free sample station that was at the moment unmanned. They were a bunch of fish sticks with tartar sauce. He looked both ways and saw that it was still empty. He started munching on all the fish sticks, they were pretty good, a little cold but still good. He had left Hellen awhile ago when she taking to long examining the fruit.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby DeadAlice » 08/01/2015 7:14 PM

Hellen was glad that Maurice was as impatient as always and decided to walk away looking at whatever it was that interest him because she needed to find out what was happening and she couldn’t do that with scared cat Maurice following her around like a baby duck crossing the sidewalk with it’s mother. She luckly left behind her purse in the cart as well, if she had it, it’d only cause problems for being in the way. She walked around the deserted store and looked for an life other than Maurice and herself. She was annoyed with herself for leaving Yoru behind, she could call him to her side, but what if there wasn’t anything wrong. Not to mention the whining she’d have to listen too from him and probably Maurice. As she wandered around she kept note of all the random items that she thought would be important for her to buy. Just because she was at the looking around for trouble didn’t mean she couldn’t shop too. Hellen walked past shelves of species when she saw a man hunched over something on the ground. Hellen’s shoulders softened and she said, “Hey sir, could you take me to where everyone is?”
Pen Shop Docs Wishes
DeadAlice
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 08/01/2015 7:42 PM

After munching down the free samples he shoved the cart off and hopped onto the bar steering his way down the food aisles. He saw stuff that looked good but they really didn’t need any of it. He slowed to a stop near the bakery in the back and hopped off. He walked up to the counter because he wanted to buy some really large blueberry muffins. He stood around for a bit waiting for assistance but none ever came and started to look around. The whole store was empty, not a single soul besides his. He doubted Hellen had a soul but he assumed she was around. He grabbed the cart again and a little more cautiously walked to where he had seen Hellen last.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby DeadAlice » 08/01/2015 7:43 PM

The man slowly began to rise from the ground with a small growl coming from him. Hellen frowned at the noise, she’d thought it was rude of him to growl at her however, she saw the bloody mess of a human arm that was more than half eaten on the floor. She continued to frown while the man turned around, his face was pale and his eyes were hollow. Fresh blood dripped down his face from his mouth where he showed his teeth and the small amount of flesh he had stuck in between. He started walk towards Hellen growling, Hellen walked annoyed with the sudden situation that had befallen her. If she had Yoru this would be an easy cut through the neck and gone however, she had nothing on her. She turned around, started walking away from the undead equivalent of her partner, somehow it felt the same, following her around growling definitely felt the same for her.
Pen Shop Docs Wishes
DeadAlice
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 08/01/2015 8:10 PM

As he cautiously strolled through the produce department he failed to notice Hellen anywhere so he assumed that she had wondered off somewhere else. He came to a stop and bent down to pick up some elbow pasta noodles. He placed them into the cart and continued on his search for his partner. Rounding the corner he saw Hellen approaching him quickly with someone following her, “oh good Hellen you found someone that can help us. I need assistance back in the bakery department…” he trailed off. There was something very off about that man, it could have been the blood dripping down his face that made him a little suspicious. As Hellen caught up to him he spun the cart around, “what is going on?”
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby DeadAlice » 08/01/2015 8:27 PM

Lucky for her and Maurice, zombies weren’t all that fast, so going at a speedy pace was perfectly okay, however now she was stuck with annoying gosling that had a taste for human flesh following her around. She did agree with herself that the undead man was indeed annoying and let out a deep sigh, she wondered how Maurice would take the situation if she were to tell him that the man behind them wasn’t your usual stalker. She just continued to walk along, ignoring Maurice’s question entirely and decided that the best course of the action was to get out of the store and either call for the guild or Yoru, whichever one that could get here the fastest. She looked around for an items that would be a good fighting weapon. She paused at an aisle with cleaning supplies and that’s where she saw her fill-in for Yoru: a medal broom. Calming walking towards the aisle with Maurice who she hoped still couldn’t figure out the bind that they were caught in and grabbing the medal broom, quickly unscrewing the broom head, then walked past her partner and stuck the metal pole through the zombie’s head. “I don’t know what’s going on, but I do know that we have to get out of her because I’m unarmed.”
Pen Shop Docs Wishes
DeadAlice
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 08/01/2015 10:47 PM

Maurice grabbed some dish soap that was on sale off the shelf as they quickly passed it. He watched as Hellen created a makeshift weapon and he turned away to avoid the nasty image that came with the squish noise. Without looking behind him he turned the corner but noticed several other zombified people slowly coming closer. He quickly flipped a u-ey and headed in the other direction. Hellen was very right and he was aiming for the exit however that was going to prove difficult. For some reason these things were now deciding to show up even though not to long ago it seemed that the store was completely empty. “Hellen,” he said warily, “I have a feeling we might need to do something drastic.” He had to take the cart on a few detours to escape the zombies (in which he picked up toothpaste, toilet paper, and batteries) and so now they were traveling through the back of the store again by the bakery and alcohol. He reached into the basket, pulled out the match box that had been placed in there back when they went and got candles, and tossed them to Hellen. He finally had the courage to take a peek behind him, it looked like the whole store was behind them. Sweeping by the alcohol he smashed a few to the floor hoping Hellen would get the idea that they needed to burn those bitches. He was afraid that if he opened his mouth now to tell her, only puke would come out.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby DeadAlice » 08/02/2015 2:59 AM

Hellen assumed by Maurice silence, that he was trying not to make a mess of himself, so she understood what he was asking of her. She quickly let the matches and began tossing them one by one into the alcohol. Soon, the zombies were engulfed in flames and the smell of burning flesh filled Hellen’s lungs. Such a horrible smell Hellen thought to herself, she looked back at her partner who seemed to be rushing down the aisle with the cart and throwing in random items that were needed back home. Hellen wasn’t going to complain after all, they had no service and had to deal with a mob of zombies, the least the company’s owner could do was give them was some free stuff, Hellen thought as she justified her partner’s actions.
Maurice and Hellen managed to find an exit in the back that wasn’t swim with the undead. Hellen made a quick call to the guild explaining the situation to Edith who said she’d sent help right away, but Maurice and Hellen were required to remain behind. Making sure that the general public won’t take their curiosity to heart and decide to go inside the store. While they wanted they began to pack up all the items that Maurice had dropped into the cart into their car.
Pen Shop Docs Wishes
DeadAlice
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next