Welcome to the Dead Coast, home to the world's largest bucket of salt! Located nearest the Re'nee Sea, this small port-city is home for all opportunists who would gather the sea's salt deposits left on the shores and sell them for profit. (+2 to Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Dead Coast

Guardian of the Deep [Kitsumi & I] [Event]

Postby amanda784 » 07/13/2021 10:29 PM

Sakana

Sakana had come so far to get this point. Swimming here in front of this keystone-sized crystal she had finally done it. She had found the thing that would allow her to breathe underwater. Unlike the temporary cures she had found, this would allow her to continue to breathe underwater as long as she was near to it. It was everything she had ever wanted, but it didn't come without a price.

Slowly, Sakana had become what she despised. It started with a simple hunting (more fishing) adventure for an extremely ethical source. She was to obtain a rare creature that would go on to help save it's endangered species in a safe place. As time went on, she stopped checking her sources that requested her as a hunter. She had stopped caring about the people she met along the way. The only friend she needed was the water and she did whatever it took to stay here.

Now she was here and the wait was over. She had just put her claw to the crystal in order to pry it out when it fell. Grasping it between a couple claws she admired the crystal. It was a beautiful ocean blue that would have blended in with water perfectly if it had been located in any water other than the dead coast's. It was as smooth as sea glass between her talons.

With a single exhale she forgave herself for everything she had done to get to this point. It had all been worth it in the end.
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1243
Donate

Re: Guardian of the Deep [Kitsumi & I] [Event]

Postby Kitsumi » 07/13/2021 11:02 PM

Something was missing.

The sense of loss woke the Guardian from her deep slumber. How long had it been since she had last awoken? Decades? Centuries? Eons?

It didn't matter. All that mattered was that something had been taken. Something that belonged to the water. And now she would have to retrieve it.

Why was it that foolish land-dwellers always thought that the treasures of the deep were theirs to take? They would dive into territory that was not theirs, equipped with strange outfits and tanks that allowed them to breathe. And if they found something that caught their fancy, they would simply take it with no regard for the consequences.

Well. The Guardian would ensure that this time, the thief did not get away.

like sunlight shining through the leaves
we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Pen :: Wishlist ::Breeders :: Docs :: Rentals :: Journal
Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 7194
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 07/15/2021 3:48 PM

The water around Sakana pulsed. How was it that so much power emanated from one small pebble?

"I did it," at first it was a whisper, but then it was a yell. "I did it!"

Usually a proclamation as this would send Sakana up to the surface sputtering out the water she inhaled, but that was no longer the case. Instead the water flowed in and out of her as she "breathed" like a salty breath of fresh air. It was unlike anything Sakana had ever experienced, but she couldn't imagine ever stopping.

"I don't have to go back," she said to no one. "I never have to set foot on land again."
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 07/15/2021 6:41 PM

With a swish of her finned tail, the Guardian left her resting place. A tomb, some had called it, and who knows? Maybe they were right. After all, her 'slumber' was very much like death.

But she was awake now. Alive. And she could sense the tug of the stolen object, guiding her forward. Despite the sense of urgency she felt, she forced herself to move with caution. She had no idea who or what had taken the item. For all she knew, there could have been an entire army awaiting her.

Thankfully, this didn't seem to be the case. Rather, there was only a single paragon, holding the stone.

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 07/18/2021 5:39 PM

Sakana quickly dug through her bag and found the small cloth bag attached on rope. She slipped the small crystal into the bag and tied the rope around her neck. She gave the small bag one quick tug to ensure it would stay secured. It did.

Sakana wanted to stay in this moment forever, but was suddenly struck with an odd feeling. It was that feeling of dread you got even when nothing was noticeably wrong. She checked her surroundings, but saw nothing. Still, she couldn't shake the feeling. She took in a breath and held it for five seconds before letting it out. A slight bit calmed, she began to swim away.
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 07/18/2021 5:55 PM

The Guardian didn't want to act too hastily and put herself at risk. So she waited, watching as the paragon deposited the crystal into some sort of pouch around her neck. Eyes narrowing, the Guardian let out a low growl. How dare she act as if the item was hers to take! It belonged to the water, not to any single creature.

Finally, she was ready to strike. Rushing forward, she summoned the water around the thief to obey her commands. It began to churn, quickly becoming a whirlpool that would be much too strong for the paragon to escape. With the ambia now trapped, the Guardian approached her, speaking in a booming voice loud enough to be heard even through the water.

"Return what you have stolen, or I shall be forced to take it from you."

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 07/18/2021 6:14 PM

One moment the water was calm, the next Sakana was trapped within the very thing she loved. She was scared. She wanted it to stop. On impulse she reached towards her neck to retrieve the crystal before stopping. Was she really about to give up everything she had worked so hard for?

"Wait!" she yelled over the churn of the water. There was no telling if the being could hear her or not. "Please. I worked hard for this. It's the only thing that lets breathe here. I don't want to leave."

Tears pooled in the corners of her eyes. "It would be better for me to keep the crystal and stay in this one spot then have to go back to the surface for air. I can't give it back."
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 07/19/2021 1:02 PM

Despite the noise of rapidly moving water, the Guardian was able to tell what the other paragon was saying. Her connection to the water allowed her to sense even the slightest of vibrations. By reading the vibrations that came from the thief's mouth, she was able to tell what was being said.

"You should have thought of that before you decided to steal from us." Us. She considered herself an extension of the water surrounding her. She and the water - they were practically one being.

However, as she moved closer in order to snatch the crystal away, she felt something strange. "You... how have you done this? What did you do?"

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 07/22/2021 2:21 PM

Sakana looked to her hands. What had she done? She must have done something. She had been told as much. Still, as she looked around nothing seemed to have changed. That is, besides the water whirling around her, but that was not her doing. That was her captors doing. Still, she wondered if the surprise in the other being's voice could be fear. Who would be afraid of Sakana? No, but she had done something to surprise this being.

"Wh-what did I do?" she asked carefully.

Immediately she regretted her words. Perhaps if she were just a little more confident she could hold onto this stone. Perhaps she could have fooled the being into thinking her powerful.
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 07/22/2021 4:16 PM

"I am going to release the water around you, but do not try to flee," the Guardian warned, her tone a bit quieter now. "I guarantee that I can swim far faster than any land dweller. But I won't be happy if I have to chase you down."

With the wave of one clawed limb, the whirlpool around the other paragon stilled. She was now free to move about as she wished. Although, hopefully, she would heed the Guardian's words.

Swimming closer, she carefully looked the thief up and down. Feeling for any sort of magical influence, she was shocked to find none. Her eyes widened at the realization. "You didn't do anything, did you? The crystal chose you!"

[Crystal Synthesis Complete]

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate