Welcome to the Dead Coast, home to the world's largest bucket of salt! Located nearest the Re'nee Sea, this small port-city is home for all opportunists who would gather the sea's salt deposits left on the shores and sell them for profit. (+2 to Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Dead Coast

Just a time at the beach [Palmie Hunt, Private]

Postby Essence » 07/10/2008 9:12 PM

Dumisa
---

Dumisa trotted along the beachside gazing into the sun-speckled water. "Beautiful." He murmurmed to himself. He enjoyed walks at the beach, it calmed him. Actually he was also here looking for a Palmie, he was recently given to a new owner, and she asked if he could go Palmie hunting, he accpeted egarly.

"So what now" His gaze flicked from left to right, looking up toward the north side of the beach and to the south. No Palmies so speak of. His pelt glittered a bit, he hoped it wouldn't scare away any Palmie's.

<1>
On a sort of hiatus, tentatively back.
Essence
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 178
Donate

Postby tullow » 07/10/2008 9:21 PM

Curl

Curl swam through the water, and walked up onto the sand. She shook her coat free of water, then looked around. Still no Palmies. Curl thought. She had been looking a while now, and she hadn't seen any.

She walked further along the beach, enjoying the sun that reflected off the water. Then she spotted a Lucain. "Hello?" she asked politely, walking closer.
<center>ImageImageImageImageImage</center>
tullow
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 26
Donate

Postby Essence » 07/10/2008 9:28 PM

"Huh" Dumisa jumped startled, he had been in his own world for a minute, just thinking to himself. "Oh hello!" He smiled and dipped his head, "My name is Dumisa." He continued, "Please excuse me" He said, mentioning how she startled him. "I'm hunting for Palmie's and I got a bit distracted." He sat down on the sandy beach and looked at the Kuhna.

<2>
Essence
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby tullow » 07/10/2008 9:32 PM

Curl sat down oppiste him. "Nice to meet you, I'm Curl." she replied cheerfully, "I'm also looking for a Palmie."

She stood up for a mintue, and moved to another spot of sand, as she had sat on a sharp piece of shell. She studied the Lucain, her swishing tails making patterns in the sand as they moved.
tullow
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Essence » 07/10/2008 9:35 PM

"Well then" Dumisa dipped his head respectively again and asked "Would like you like to look for one with me then? My new owner wants one. I offered to go, besides, I love the beach." He smiled softly, keeping his ears pricked for any more signs of movement.

<3>
Essence
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby tullow » 07/11/2008 8:29 AM

"I'd love to!" Curl exclaimed, "My owner wants a Palmie also. I offered to go, since Tulline didn't want to." Curl was unaware that Dumisa probly didn't know who Tulline was, but she didn't care anyway.

Curl stood up, and shook the sand from her coat, "Do you want to go further along the beach? I've been here a while, and I haven't sen any Palmies."
tullow
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Essence » 07/11/2008 10:29 AM

"I suppose we should." He glanced up the beach, "But first... hold on a second." He smiled and darted off onto the dock close by to where they were sitting. he weaved through people until he came to a smaller bucket and promptly grabbed the handel in his teeth. Then he ran back down the dock ignoring the angry person yelling at him, then sat and rested the bucket infront of Curls' feet. He panted a bit, "Don't Palmie's like salt water? But they can't go near the ocean." Then he walked over and filled the bucket with the salt water. "Alright" he said still panting, "We can go now" Dumisa smiled and started trotting off down the beach with the bucket swinging from his jaws.

<4>
Essence
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby tullow » 07/11/2008 11:12 AM

"It's strange they can't go near the sea, even thought they lke salt water." Curl laughed. She streched, then trotted after him, her tails swishing side to side.
Curl looked ahead, and saw that there were plenty of palm trees growing where they were going. "Maybe there might be Palmies hiding there." she suggested happily.
tullow
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Essence » 07/11/2008 11:28 AM

Dumisa put the bucket in the sand and replied "I believe it's because the waves will knock them over, and they won't be able to stand up. They are small you know." He laughed a bit then looked over towards the tree's where Curl mentioned.  "If they are hiding in the tree's then they might see out salt water and try come get in the bucket, which then I can persuade we won't hurt him. Then one of us could take him or her home." His eyes twinkled at his own plan. "But this this only is we find a Palmie." He remembered, "But we don't want to startle them." He mentioned half to himself as he gazed along the tree's. They were looking for a very small palm tree, which was a signal it was a Palmie.

<5>
Essence
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby tullow » 07/11/2008 11:36 AM

"If they did go near the sea, they'd be easier to find. When they are knocked over, they can't go anywhere." Curl said optimistically. "But I'd feel sorry for the poor Palmie having to lay its back or side, and not being able to get up." Curl added, her good nature kicking in.

She walked over to the palm trees, looking for small rustling near the ground, and small leaves moving in the long grass which was growing here and there.
tullow
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Essence » 07/11/2008 11:49 AM

Dumisa followed as he retrived the bucket and went over to the palm trees. Setting the bucket down again he replied, "It doesn't seem any are here...." he sniffed around, one of the other pets his new owner had, used a Palmie wood (A little piece of bark off one) as a keychain. He tried hard to remember the scent, but he couldn't place his paw on it... He thought he saw something rustling and immediately shot his head upwards, he walked over and was dissapointed. "Just some leaves." He sighed. This was going to be a long day.

<6>
Essence
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby tullow » 07/11/2008 11:53 AM

Curl dug in a pile of old palm leaves.  "Nothing here, either." she replied, disappointed. She waved her tails in the air as she walked into a patch of long grass.

She heard movement, but couldn't see anything. Why do Palmies have to be so hard to catch? she wondered to herself. She stopped, seeing some small leaves move away from her, just above the top of the grass. Curl ran over, but it had just been the wind....
tullow
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Essence » 07/11/2008 12:03 PM

"Looks like the wind is getting the best of us" Dumisa mentioned rather dissapointed aswell. Keeping his ears pricked he moved up the beach leaving the bucket. "Lets leave the bucket there" He said flicking his tail to were it was sitting in the middle of the sand. "It might attract Palmie's." Then continued into a new spot and rustled around in the groud. "Nothing over here." He sighed, "Maybe it'd be better if we stopped making a small racket and just be patient and wait..." He looked around, "We are probably scaring off all the Palmie's from here to Terrace park!" He chuckled then sat down in the sand a bit far from the bucket. Then promtly stretched out his from legs and lay down.

<7>
Essence
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby tullow » 07/11/2008 12:15 PM

Curl agreed. "I'll go for a swim while I'm waiting. If theres nothing at the bucket I'll try those rocks later." she said, indicating a rocky part of the beach.

Curl walked out to the water, and waded in. Once she was deep enough, she began to swim. "Aahh.." Curl sighed. She loved swimming.
tullow
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Essence » 07/11/2008 1:12 PM

"Actually" he watched Curl. "That looks pretty nice!" It was a hot day, and he thought that maybe a swim wouldn't be so bad. "Hey" he said, "I'm going in too" He smiled and walked carefully into the ocean. "Ahh" He sounded relieved and waded out deeper. "This does feel nice" He said, " 'Specially on this hot day." He shook a bit and swam over to Curl. "So how long have you been hunting Palmie's?"

<8>
Essence
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next