Welcome to the Dead Coast, home to the world's largest bucket of salt! Located nearest the Re'nee Sea, this small port-city is home for all opportunists who would gather the sea's salt deposits left on the shores and sell them for profit. (+2 to Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Dead Coast

The Trees Have Eyes Here!{Open}

Postby deeny246 » 07/15/2008 6:52 PM

Elanore

Haze waked into the small port village with her Candy Matches,Elanore,on her shoulder."Haze do we really need to be here?I hear trees walk around on the beach.They have eyes!",screamed Elanore,looking a tad phsychotic as she said it."Lets just get on exploring,please.Oh,and try not to make everyone think I'm taking you out for fresh air because I work at the mental house.",said Haze leaning down to tie her green Converse.
<center>Image<br>Candy Matches</br></center>
Name:Elanore
Deann
JamekoImageKamy
Jayle
deeny246
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 96
Donate

Postby Instinct » 07/15/2008 9:02 PM

Arxello

Ash'amur

Hannah walked through the sand followed by a massive Battleheart and a Fenling. The Fenling and Battleheart walked side by side, making there differing sizes even more evident. Even when he was dwarfed by the Battleheart, Arxello was probably the only reason the Battleheart didn't gobble Hannah up on the spot. He and Arxello were like brothers: odd brothers, but brothers nonetheless, and even though Ash'amur didn't understand Arxello's friendship with a human, he respected him enough not to attack Hannah. They heard a sharp voice shreik smething about walking palm trees. They looked and saw a girl with a Candy Matches on her shoulder.
"Look beyond the flower. See beauty in the thorn."
Instinct
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 286
Donate

Postby deeny246 » 07/15/2008 9:21 PM

Haze,just sighed about Elanore.She turned around and saw a girl,a Battleheart,and a Fenling."Don't embarrass me.Lets go say hi to that group over there.",said Haze walking across the sandy terrain towards them.
Deann
JamekoImageKamy
Jayle
deeny246
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Instinct » 07/15/2008 9:29 PM

Ash'anur growled at the approaching duo. Arxello quickly whispered something in his ear and he stopped growling, but continued to glare at the girl and her candy matches. Annah smiled, "Hello," she greeted.

((I g2g take a shower.))
Instinct
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby [ Moose ] » 07/15/2008 9:39 PM

[I hope this is all right by you.]

Moose was far from pleased. He had initially come to the Dead Coast to check if there were any suitable spots for painting scenery, but had decided on a whim to bring Ilk, his Temple Yonyuu, with him. That was obviously a mistake, seeing as how the Yonyuu was one of the most off-the-wall creatures he had ever encountered. In all his inifinite wisdom, Ilk decided it would be 'funny' to grab Moose's scarf and run off with it. It wasn't quite so funny to the victim who was nearly choked to death and then had his favorite article of clothing stolen.
"Isn't your breed supposed to be dignified?!" Moose roared after Ilk, who was trotting off down the shore with his owner's red scarf dangling proudly from his stony maw.
"Can't judge a book by its cover~!" the Yonyuu called in a singsong voice while grinning wolfishly. "What's the matter, caribou? Feeling tired?" he quipped.
"Why, you -- !" Moose got to his feet and sprinted after Ilk, their feet sinking deep into the sand. They entered the port village without a second thought, somehow managing to avoid the stunned civilians. It probably would have continued for a while more, at least until the Yonyuu almost smashed into a girl with a Candy Matches. He skidded to a halt, only to be tackled roughly by an annoyed (and somewhat red in the face) Moose.
"Gimme that, ya troublemaker!" he huffed, snatching the scarf before the dazed Yonyuu had time to react. Moose brushed it off dubiously, somewhat thankful for the fact that the Temple species didn't seem to drool. Looking up, the boy gulped slightly as he noted not only the absurdity of the situation, but the presence of a large Void Battleheart as well. Unsure of whether it was hostile or not, he sat very still and looked at Ilk with daggers in his eyes. The Yonyuu did nothing other than stare back with blank blue eyes, seeming to say, 'What?'
[ Moose ]
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 112
Donate

Postby deeny246 » 07/15/2008 9:46 PM

"Hi,I'm Haze.This is Elanore my Candy Matches and current traveling companion.",said Haze silently praying that they had not heard Elanore screaming mad.Elanore was staring wide-eyed at the huge Battleheart."So what are your pet's names?",asked Elanore breaking the silence.Haze was occupied by another pair over on the other side of the beach.A frightened Yonyuu and his master.

I must go to bed.I'll be back tommorow.
Deann
JamekoImageKamy
Jayle
deeny246
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Instinct » 07/15/2008 9:59 PM

Ash'anur bared his sharp teeth at the boy and Temple Yonyuu, "What's this?" he sneered menacingly, "Two pests?" Hannah held her breath, hoping that a fight wouldn't break out. Arxello sighed, "Lay off, ya big bully." he said with a laugh. Ash'anur smirked and looked away from the two. Hannah never understood Ash'anur. He was instant death on legs, yet still listened to a tiny Fenling.
Instinct
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby [ Moose ] » 07/15/2008 11:22 PM

Moose couldn't help shivering a bit; Battlehearts were always so unfriendly towards humans: even the well-trained ones were hostile to strangers. He glanced once again at Ilk, who was mercifully remaining silent, although his ear twitched in a manner that only his owner would recognize as derisive. Moose got to his feet cautiously, his eyes trained on Battleheart. It didn't appear as though it was going to attack them; it seemed to be thanks to the Fenling. The boy coughed lightly and scratched the back of his head, still not daring to make sudden movements. Ilk had already gotten to his feet and was staring blankly at the Battleheart with piercing eyes. Praying that the huge creature wouldn't react, Moose decided to introduce himself to break the slight silence.
"Sorry. I'm Moose, and this moron," he growled, jerking his thumb at the Yonyuu, "is Ilk. We didn't mean to disturb you."
"I resent that," Ilk pouted, shifting his gaze from Ash'anur to his owner.
Ignoring the remark, Moose looked at the two others. "So...what are you doing out here? I've heard a lot of people are goin' on about Palmies or something, but I'm not sure I get what the big deal is."
[ Moose ]
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby deeny246 » 07/16/2008 9:04 AM

"That would be Elanore.Palmies freak her out for some unknown reason.",said Haze face getting red."Oh I'm Haze by the way.Who are you two?",Haze added the whole time glaring at Elanore."More people come here than I thought.",mumbled Elanore."Don't make me knock you off my shoulder.",Haze mumbled back.Then she stood still and waited for the two to answer.
Deann
JamekoImageKamy
Jayle
deeny246
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Instinct » 07/16/2008 4:21 PM

Ash'anur didn't reply, so Arxello replied for him, "Oh, don't worry about it. Things like that just happen sometimes. By the way, I'm Arxello and this," he said, pointing at the Battleheart with one of his four tales, "is Ash'anur and-"
 "And I'm Hannah." Hannah finished for him.

<3> A BH
<1> A F
Instinct
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby deeny246 » 07/16/2008 5:03 PM

"Ok,so...we've all been introduced.What now?",asked Haze.Her black hair blew in the wind as she waited for an answer."Yeah what now?",asked Elanore,shadowing her owner.Haze rolled her turquoise eyes at her pet.
Deann
JamekoImageKamy
Jayle
deeny246
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Instinct » 07/16/2008 5:11 PM

((Seriously, what should they do?))
Instinct
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby [ Moose ] » 07/16/2008 6:57 PM

[Good question.]

Moose nodded as the owners of the other pets introduced themselves. "Pleased to meetcha," he said, fiddling with the ends of his scarf. "Most of you, anyway," snorted Ilk under his breath. Moose glanced angrily at the Yonyuu, willing him to keep his big mouth shut for a little while. "Anyway...I came here to look for scenery to paint. It's tough, though, because so many people are always passing through." Moose sighed and stretched, wondering vaguely what they should do now. Chatting was all very well and good, but he was an 'action' type of person. And idea hit him, and he snapped his fingers suddenly as though remembering something.
"Whaddya say we try and spot one of those Palmie...things? We don't have to catch it or anything, but it might be fun to look for one."

Click the eggs! You know you want to!
...and while you're at it, go adopt a bottle. =D
[ Moose ]
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby deeny246 » 07/17/2008 7:21 PM

"Yeah!Brilliant!",screamed Haze,eyes lighting up with excitement."No way!Those things are creepy!",screamed Elanore at the thought."We all know about your insane obbsession with Palmies.Don't ruin everybody's fun please?",said Haze eyes pleading."Ok fine.",said Elanore,caving.
Deann
JamekoImageKamy
Jayle
deeny246
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby [ Moose ] » 07/17/2008 7:34 PM

Moose blinked and glanced at Elanore. She seemed a bit neurotic for a Matches, but he wasn't one to criticize. A fair few of his pets needed attitude adjustments, Ilk being one of them. He wouldn't have been surprised if his sarcasm and odd habits got them in trouble someday. Shaking off his doubts, Moose smiled and nodded. "It'll be fine; Palmies are supposedly pretty gentle." Ilk's serious expression changed in the blink of an eye to one of sly excitement. A grin spread over his features and he flexed his wings a bit, a sure sign that the Yonyuu was going to cause more trouble. 'I hope he doesn't scare 'em all off,' sighed Moose to himself. He glanced at the owner of the Fenling and the Battleheart, wondering if they were coming along.

Click the eggs! You know you want to!
...and while you're at it, go adopt a bottle. =D
[ Moose ]
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Next