Welcome to the Dead Coast, home to the world's largest bucket of salt! Located nearest the Re'nee Sea, this small port-city is home for all opportunists who would gather the sea's salt deposits left on the shores and sell them for profit. (+2 to Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Dead Coast

Palmie hunting with...SCIENCE! (Open)

Postby MillietheWarrior » 08/02/2008 4:20 AM

ImageImage

"Gah!"

Beta rolled her eyes for what felt like the umpteenth time that day. A loud explosion sounded behind her, and she wasn't surprised to see her brother stumbling towards her, fur singed and looking like he'd just won first place at the science fair. He coughed, and a few cloud of black smoke came from his mouth. "Still needs a bit of work," he commented, as more smoke billowed from his mouth and fur. "But my Palmie Attracting Device is coming along splendidly." By splendidly, he meant it had only blown up about three times. A new personal best. He tried to wipe the singe off his face, and nudged Beta. "Would you like to help me with it? It's going to take some time to perfect..."

Beta couldn't help but give a long suffering sigh. "No, 'Jack, I just wanna sit here and enjoy the sun and the surf. Besides, I happen to like having all of my fur intact. If you singe it off with your...Explosions, I'll look like an Akail who's gotten too much sun." Wheeljack tilted his head, unsure of how his sister could ever manage that with her green and peach fur, but shrugged anyways. "Suit yourself. But this time I know I'll get it right." So said and proclaimed, a few minutes later, his invention exploded again. Beta rolled her eyes as her singed and smoking brother wobbled unsteadily past her field of vision, and watched as the water lapped at her outstretched paws.

[1, 1]

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 08/02/2008 5:09 PM

ImageImage
"Um... what was that explosion? And where did it come from?" Talim asked as she raised her eyebrow. "Well, judging that there's a Lucain over there with scorched fur ...I'd say it came from over there..." Amy replied as she pointed at the wobbling Lucain. "Do you think we should help him?" Talim asked. "Nah, he'll be fine..." Scheherazade replied. "Let's go..." Amy said as she pulled the three over to the Lucain. "Hello ...Um are you okay there?" Talim asked the Lucain. "I'd guess that's where the explosion came from...?"Amy asked the Lucain as she pointed to an odd machine.

ImageImage

[[Click on them for human forms]]

A beautiful moon shines above again tonight,
And it sheds light happily over the world.
As for me, I'm just worthless, good for nothing,
Dreaming at daybreak, creeping at dawn.

Still I'll scream into the sky, hoping that somebody will find me.
I want to run, but there's no way out--
No bright future in sight.
But I still fly up like a butterfly, hoping that you'll find me.
A crescent moon, ugly children of the stars, flying with broken wings...!

Home | Imp. Docs. | Sales | Listing
Journal | Wishes | Roleplays
Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1035
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 08/04/2008 2:20 PM

Image -- Image -- Image

Marcellus -- Isis -- Amun

"Why are we here again?" Isis asked, hovering just above her companions. The Carpetfang glanced up at his sister, then at Marcellus, then back to the glittering ocean.

"We're here," the Corbine answered in a matter-of-fact tone, "because I heard of some rather interesting research being conducted here. I wanted to check it out. It might prove useful in retreiving my human body." He glanced down at the large gold disk that clanked against his metallic breast and sighed. It seemed like only yesterday the medallion was as small as the palm of his hand (not to mention that he'd had hands), and rested on robes of midnight blue or emerald green.

Isis just rolled her eyes and attempted to pout. She just managed to find that pouting is rather hard with no arms to speak of, much less lips.

Amun looked back to his sister. "Yeah! I wanted to get one of those tree things."

"A Palmie, Amun?"

"Yep. There's so cute!"

Marcellus turned his attention back to the beach, trying his hardest to ignore the chattering serpents. He strode toward the column of smake not too far away. Where there's smoke, there's fire. Fire meant injunuity. And injunuity meant invention.

Boys and girls of every age
Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

HomeRambleLoveDreamRecord
Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1052
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 08/05/2008 9:32 PM

(-Pokes Atoli- Can you may put two of your pets in the next line? They're stretching the page... Thanks. ^^)

Wheeljack looked up at the sound of approaching footsteps, face blackened and fur singed and smoking...Again. He smiled brightly, and nodded vigorously. "Why yes, of course I'm all right!" he crowed, turning to his machine. Beta's annoyed vice cut through the sudden silence. "He blows himself up all the time. Don't worry about him. If he hasn't killed himself yet, he's not bound to." Wheeljack only smiled wider, eyes crinkling as he nodded his head to her words.

"My sister is right, I must admit," he agreed amiably. "And yes, the machine I am working on is...Well, a bit incomplete. It's supposed to attract Palmies. But so far, all it's attracted are spectators." He looked up, eyes squinting despite the soot on his face. "Ah, looks like we have even more spectators, I see." He nodded towards them. "Hello, fellow strangers! A nice day for an explosion, don't you think?"

He smiled brightly, and turned to the ones that had gathered around him. "My name is Wheeljack, but you can call me 'Jack.' Most people do anyway. That's my sister, Beta," he said, indicating the Lucain who had raised her head and glanced at them, before letting it fall back onto her paws.

[2,2]

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 08/09/2008 9:56 PM

((For me, they're fine.... And I have 2 of them on the second line....))

Talim giggled a bit at Beta's remark. "Well, best no to worry about a guy who daily blows himself up, then...." Amy said. "Yeah, I guess not!" Talim happily replied. "But how did you actually think your 'Palmie device' thing was going to work? That doesn't even look like it could attract anything...." Ashlotte asked. "Here, lemme see the thing, I think I could make it work.... C'mon Ashlotte..." Scheherazade said. "Yeah, sure...." Ashlotte replied.

"This may take a while...." Aslotte said as she came back brushing smoke away from her face. "Hey, Beta, care to join?" Talim asked her as she walked into the ocean.

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Bellicose » 08/09/2008 11:37 PM

[center]Image
Everin (Aka:Erin)

Everin Watched silently as a group of people gathered around a small, explosive device. He had overheard a few words, like "Palmie" and "Attracting". He knew that Palmies were elusive creatures that look like palm tree's. Of course he had never seen one, but today might be is day. He also knew that attraction was like love, so was someone trying to get a Palmie to fall in love with them? Interested enough, The Yonyuu sat and waited.

He eagerly hovered a few feet above the ground as more explosions took place. He personally liked where his fur was and never got close enough to be seen, heard or singed.
Out of the corner of your eye, you see something watching you. Do you dare turn your head for a better look?
<center>Image

Name: Purca
Level: 1

Image Image</center>
Bellicose
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 87
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 08/10/2008 3:19 AM

((I know, but maybe if you put two of those pets under your post or on the second line (Like, using enter to put them udner the other pets)...It's stretching my page, and it's sort of icky to have to scroll over to read things. Please and thanks, yeah? ^^))

Wheeljack puffed up, and nodded proudly. "Of course my Palmie attracting device will work!" he proclaimed passionately. He was very passionate about his inventions. He eyed them suspiciously, unwilling to let anyone else work on his precious invention. it was, after all, his brain-child. His creation. "Er, if you know what you are doing, then I'd be glad of the help," he replied, placing a paw on the smoking device. "I can't seem to get the wiring right...And it keeps blowing itself up because of that."

Beta looked up when the strange person asked if she wanted to help. She snorted. "No thanks. I've had enough of my brother's inventions to last me a lifetime already. When we were pups, he created the 'Super Doll.' Needless to say, it destroyed half our nursery, as well as singing our father's fur, and blowing up all our toys. So really, no thanks. Work with him at your own risk." She gave her fur a good shake, and watched as Talim played in the water. Beta was happy to just stand up, and move off down the beach to get away from them. She sighed almost unhappily, before she caught a strange scent drifting downwind. It was familiar. She looked around, and spotted a strange looking speck above her. "Oi, you. What are you doing?" she asked, glad to be away from the crowding that was taking place around 'Jack's invention.

[3,3]

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Bellicose » 08/10/2008 2:52 PM

"What is who doing up where?!?!" he screamed back, turning to see who was behind him. He could not figure out who the speck was talking to . . .

Beating his majestic wings, he soared in close enough to talk. Just outside of singing range, not unlike a 5 year old, he asked, "Who were you talking to? I was the only one up there." He looked at Beta like she was stupid. He did not understand that Beta was talking to HIM, but he decided to introduce himself anyways."M' names Erin, What are you guys doing here anyways?"
Out of the corner of your eye, you see something watching you. Do you dare turn your head for a better look?
<center>Image

Name: Purca
Level: 1

Image Image</center>
Bellicose
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 87
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 08/10/2008 6:30 PM

Everyone just ignored the other pet and focused on the machine. "Ok, lemme see... I think this goes here and this here, you flick up this, and you move this here..." Ashlotte was saying as she was fidling with the machine. "Um, I think that's a little wrong." Amy said to Ashlotte. The machine started to make a rumbling noise. "See! It's - Whah!" Ashlotte was apparently wrong, as the machine blew up again. "Here." Amy walked up to the machine and messed around with it a bit. She then flicked the switch to turn it on, and it didn't blow up. "There, Jack. It's fixed for ya." Amy said as she walked up to Talim and Beta and sat down. "How does she do it?" Ashlotte asked herself.

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 08/19/2008 5:32 PM

Marcellus glanced around the strange crowd. Two Lucain, two Yonyuus, a Fenling, a Fellox, and a Cavillion. Not to mention himself, Isis and her stupid brother. That made ten, and seven of them didn't seem too bright, in his opinion. He shook his head and walked, somewhat awkwardly, over to the machine.

"Isis, come here!" he called, somewhat irritated. That girl was always somewhat better at these contraptions than he was. "Take a look at this thing. Something still doesn't seem right." What normally would have been a satisfied smile on any human spread across his beak as his assistant grudgedly flew over, followed closely by her good-for-nothing brother.

As Isis peered into the depths of the contraption, Marcellus turned his attention to Jack. "Mr... Um... 'Jack,' did you say? Yes, well. I am Marcellus Pye, alchemist and currently stuck like this. I was wondering if you could help me. You see, I'm trying to turn myself human again, but I can't seem to get it..." With that, he launched himself into a long explination of all the experiments he'd tried and how none of them had worked, not bothering to check if Jack was paying any attention whatsoever.

"Ah!" Isis chied in realization. "Here's your problem. Those two wires are crossed." She pointed at two red wires amidst the jumble.

Amun trying to help, reached toward a yellow wire with his tail, saying, "This one?" He pulled it just as his sister tried to tell him "no," and the thing exploded again, coating both serpants and anyone too close by with a thick layer of soot.

"Oops..."

Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 08/19/2008 6:40 PM

Beta rolled her eyes. What an idiot...She snorted as he soared closer, just out of range. Why did she always get the weird ones? Sighing in resignation, the forest green female lifted her head, sitting back on her haunches as her tails wagged behind her in annoyance. "I was talking to you. There's no one else up there," she said, stating the obvious. "Well, Erin, my name is Beta, and we're here working on an invention." She shrugged, looking bored. "Why not come down so I don't have to shout."

Wheeljack watched in something akin to amusement as they tinkered with his machine. He nodded when Amy said she fixed it. Then the other creature started fiddling around with it, fixed it, and it blew up again. He stuck his nose inside to see the wires and be sure it was, indeed, fixed.  "Oh, looks like a few things got crossed," he said, reaching in with his teeth and rewiring them. "There. Thanks for you help. Seems it'll work quite nicely now." He lifted his head to stare at Marcellus, and smiled giddily. "This will give me a chance to work on new inventions! I've never tried to turn anyone human before...But I believe I can help. It may take some time though."

[4,4]

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 09/29/2008 5:34 PM

"Wonderful," Marcellus chimed, trying in vain to grin. If he'd had hands, he would have clapped them together. He never was one for excitement, seeing all the yelling to be quite useless, so that probably would have been his responce to such news.

His ruby gaze wandered over to his apprentice, who was bickering at her brother.

"Why can't you ever do things right?" Isis asked in exaspiration, a disparing look in her eyes.

Amun just looked at her. "I was only trying to help..." He sounded slighly pathetic. He gave a slight cough and a shake, raining black soot onto the bright sands below.

Isis shook her head. "You should have waited until I told you which wire to move. Or let me do it myself."

Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Catspwndogs29 » 10/25/2008 12:36 PM

(May I join?)
Purine Rexxel
Biolune Rexxel

Sunny and Glowworm
A pile of palm leaves suddenly began to shiver. Wild laughter erupted from the palm leaves.
"Sunny! AUGH!"
"Ha ha, you're it!"
"Not for long!"
"AIEEEEEEEE!"
Moments later, two rexxels tumbled out of the leaves. The two chased each other around. Suddenly the biolune rexxel screeched to a hault. "Sunny," he murmured, gazing at Amun. "I think we're not the only ones searching for palmies."
My dying words will probably be 'Hm, what does THIS button do?'. <center>Image
</center>
Catspwndogs29
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 112
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 11/14/2008 9:35 PM

Wheeljack sighed. His invention wasn't exactly...The best. Beta had come over, her green fur shining in the sun. Her red eyes glowed when she stared at the machine. "Another failure?"she asked, her gaze sweeping the gathered pets. Wheeljack shrugged. "Another of many,"he replied with a smile. The siblings stood side by side, looking at the smoking wreck that used to be a so called 'Palmie Hunting Device.'

"Maybe I should just be a painter or something."Beta could only chuckle helplessly, amused by her brother's sarcasm. The two turned to look at the pets who had gathered with a small smile. "Thanks for trying to help,"Wheeljack said, ever kind and caring. "But it just won't work. I'll try again soon. For now, I think we should all split up. or, at least, have a short rest."Beta turned at the sound of new voices. "And looks like we have company, she continued for her brother. "Who're you?"

[5, 5]

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate