Welcome to the Dead Coast, home to the world's largest bucket of salt! Located nearest the Re'nee Sea, this small port-city is home for all opportunists who would gather the sea's salt deposits left on the shores and sell them for profit. (+2 to Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Dead Coast

Winter Ocean [Private]

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/24/2008 12:15 AM

Ancilla Naraqua Rinis

It was almost strange that even during the Winter season it was still warm here. It had originally been her plan to visit Jawan, as any water, sea-loving being would enjoy going to. The seafood was suppose to be amazing there, however, she'd heard it had gotten too cold in that area to really enjoy the water. Naraqua or Rinni, as she preferred, had to make a decision. It was either the time in the water or the seafood. Well, she chose the water over the food. She wanted to swim and bask in the sun, not just stuff her face and get a full stomach. It wasn't that difficult to replace the food anyway, she just had to put in a request for the home chef, Nikki, and boom, she had a meal ready to go!

The blue pelted Lucain found herself lounging out the edge of a dock, over looking the salty sea. She was laying down, with her front paws dangling over the edge above the water. Currently, she as just watching the clouds roll by, letting her pelt soak up what warmth the sun provided here in Dead Coast. Sitting beside her was a red napsack, which contained her lunch, whenever she so chose to eat it.

"It sure is lovely here," she spoke aloud to herself. Compared to most other places this time of year, this unusually dry beach seemed perfect.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2854
Donate

Re: Winter Ocean [Private]

Postby Celtic » 12/24/2008 10:37 PM

Atrum Regnalus

The Doitsu Werebetta soared through the water, enjoying the purness of peace and quiet. AT his new home, things were hectic, and him arriving made the trainers just jump with panic. They didn't have food... and yada yada. It wasn't fun for Atrum. Why don't I just stay out here? No one is panicing, and I am in my element. He mused as he neared the shore.

Then he started to pay attention to the water. Atrum had just been gliding, and hadn't been paying attention to where he was. What? Why is the water becoming salty? This is supposed to be a lake, and I don't know of a saltwater lake near here! Atrum stopped. Now he was the one panicing. He was supposed to go home, and that was not exactly going to happen if he didn't know where to go! "Maybe someone on shore could help me..." Atrum mubled, letting a tide of bubbles go up to the surface, and then he sped to the shore.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's
in love and flowers pick themselves

- e. e. cummings

[ Z o o P e n ][ W i s h l i s t ]
Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 199
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/30/2008 1:19 PM

It wasn't long into her resting that she happened to notice a movement out in the water. Movements were normal, as there were always some sort of creature moving about in the ocean, but this was something different. It was coming from a distance, speeding for the shore. She could tell that much, but not quite what it was. Thus, her gaze fell from the clouds that she'd so intently been watching and out into the sea before her. At first, she didn't really spot anything. Moments later, she picked out a shadow under the surface heading her way. "Huh..." she mused, "What on Evelon..." She was curious, but she was gonna have to wait till it came closer, wasn't she?

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 12/30/2008 3:34 PM

The werebetta continued to speed on towards the shore, slowly only the slightest as he came closer to the shore. Then, Atrum found he had to stop altogether. The shore abruptly got shallow, and Atrum had to stop, or he would've gotton himself stranded, but he made a dreadfully large splash. So much for a first impression. He thought, hoping he didn't get anyone too wet, because then they may not want to help him. Wait. The water cleared up. Only one Lucain was there. I hope she knows where I am. He thought.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/30/2008 4:13 PM

In order to make an attempt at getting a better look at just what was in the water, the Lucain stood up on the dock, only to be met with a face full of salt water. When it cleared, her expression was a cross between annoyed and angry. At least she was use to salt water, so her eyes didn't start to sting from the awful salt content of this location, but that didn't mean she wanted to be splashed in the face so suddenly. "Excuse me," she huffed, shaking herself off. Droplets of water went flying everywhere. The thought that her lunch was probably soaked hadn't occurred to her.

Blinking the last of the water from her eyes, she peered back at water had splashed her. A Werebetta, huh? It was said that those creatures would be quite vicious, but she had more than enough experience with irritable sea beasties. "You want something?" Might as well see if it was friendly...

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 12/31/2008 12:53 PM

Well, the lucain was nice enough to come out to the dock. Atrum considered grinning at her, but decided against it, with all those sharp teeth you really could give the wrong impression. Ah, yes. I seem to have gotton mixed up. Could you please tell me where I am? Atrum usually wasn't this nice, but one had to take desperate measures if one wanted something. 'Sides she could probebly defeat me being larger and probebly more expirienced. Not that Atrum actually wanted a fight, he just liked to evaluate people, it made him feel more powerful. Now, was there anything else he wished to ask her... No. HE thought, answering his own question, before backing out slightly, so his fin wasn't skimming the floor.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 02/01/2009 6:25 PM

"Oh." Not that it was important to admit, but the Lucain didn't expect to hear that the 'betta was actually...lost. Mixed up, lost, what have you, they were all the same. He didn't know where he was. "This here is Dead Coast...." He wasn't acting hostile toward her, thus she deemed it fine enough to give him an answer and help him out. Yet, ask her to get in the water with him, naw, she didn't trust him to that extent. She would have said, "I don't trust him as far as I can throw him," but it would have been a bad choice in words, for if she used her little gift, she could have probably tossed him quite far. "Is it really normal to get lost in the ocean...? Since your kind...lives in it..." It just seemed funny that he was lost, is all.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 02/01/2009 6:46 PM

"Well I don't exactly come from 'round here cause I was just moved to a new pen." Atrum explained to the wary lucain. And no, it really isn't normal for a 'betta to get lost in the ocean. This is really a first for me.

Atrum waved his fins slowly to tread the water, which was another thing that he was rarely required to do. It was a bit odd, and it took a little bit to get his fins into the correct motion.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 02/01/2009 6:58 PM

Naraqua blinked a few times, not taking her eyes away from Atrum. "I suppose that makes sense..." She could still recall when she first came to this unusual land. It was quite difficult to get from point A to point B without getting lost somewhere along the way. And if you really didn;t know your surroundings, it was bound to happen. "Do you know where your home is located?" Hers, for example, was located within Roraldi Forests. Maybe she could be of more help if she knew.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 02/01/2009 7:05 PM

Atrum thought about this. He had only viewed the home, and he barely remembered what it looked like, let alone where it was located! Uh... I believe that its located in Nabias... No scratch that! Its located near Jawan. At leaste he could remember scraps of useful information, but Atrum felt very bare without Harlan or Witch.

Dear me! It seems that I forgot to introduce myself... Or I think that I didn't, well anyway I'm Atrum Regnalus, or just Atrum. He added, realizing his possibly vital mistake.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 02/01/2009 7:27 PM

Goodness. He didn't seem too sure about anything in regards to his pen location. "If I recall, both Nabias and Jawan are South of here...Jawan farther than Nabias, and also still on the ocean." She didn't know if he normally lived in fresh water or salt water, but the water was different between the areas, she was sure.

"Er...Pleased to make your acquantance." As was polite, Naraqua bowed her head to the Wrebetta. Spending much of her life as a maid, proper manners had been infused within her. As she rose her head, she replied, "My name is Ancilla Naraqua Rinis. Some call me Naraqua, but my friends call me Rin or Rinni- which I much prefer when on casual terms." This- this was casual.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 03/31/2009 7:58 PM

Atrum smiled, trying not to be creepy, but being a werebetta an' all it didn't really work out. You have a very pretty name Rinni, if I may call you that. He replied, and formally nodded his head her way.

Hrm... Atrum wasn't really wanting to go for a long swim at the moment, and Jawan and Nabias, regardless of where his pen currently laid, seemed oh so far away! Would you mind terribly if I just stuck around a bit? I'm not really in the mood for a long swim and I could use sometime to cool off. Hopefully Rinni would understand, but then again if she didn't the worst she could do was ignor him. That wouldn't be so bad... Would it?

[6]

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 03/31/2009 8:14 PM

It hadn't been much time that she'd been speaking to Atrum, but she didn't seem to mind that he chose to call her Rinni rather then her birth name. "Um, thanks." She smiled back, almost a little sheepishly. It wasn't everyday that her name was complimented by fanged fish. "You can call me that, sure. And no, I don't mind if you stick around. The ocean belongs to everyone after all." Would she be joining him in the water? Probably not. Not yet, anyway. Which meant that she wouldn't be getting her swim, but still.

"I have you know," she started, trying to make some sort of conversation, "I've never actually been so close to a Werebetta before." It was pretty funny. She loved water so much, but she'd never met a betta before. Though it was safe to say that she spent most of her time at their local lake, watching Ty and Croy beat up Hugo while she swam or tanned. The "monster" of her side didn't ever try to attack her, so it was fine.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate