Welcome to the Dead Coast, home to the world's largest bucket of salt! Located nearest the Re'nee Sea, this small port-city is home for all opportunists who would gather the sea's salt deposits left on the shores and sell them for profit. (+2 to Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Dead Coast

The Beauty of the Sea [Private]

Postby SpringsSong » 01/06/2009 11:28 AM

It felt like just yesterday that Hurui had found out part of why he acted like such a gentleman all the time; courtesy of the royal blood that ran through his veins, it was; but now, the brown Ringed, Sundancer, and Hearts male was walking alone along the beach, walking far enough away from the dry sand that his feet were always in the water.  So many things ran through his head about those tell-tale Rings on his fur; he's from her line; over-bred; almost as bad as Kyuukai; he HAS Kyuukai blood in him; when will they ever learn we don't WANT anymore of that blood?

He drowned those comments out by taking these seaside strolls, everything was so peaceful out here; nothing could tell him that his blood wasn't wanted on these lands, regardless of who was in his bloodline, for he had heard four major names: Taliña--she was his great-grandmother that lived with him, so he knew that she was not only a strong fighter, but a wonderful Lucain nonetheless--Kyuukai, Senervel--his great-grandfather on his grandmother, Dismas', side; also the one who killed Taliña in combat--and then Traeyun, who was held infamous for many reasons.  Nevertheless, Hurui didn't see that as any reason to be passed over like he was inbred or something.  He just didn't understand some people...

[3.0]

[For Cookie and I only]
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Re: The Beauty of the Sea [Private]

Postby Cookie » 01/06/2009 11:57 AM

Willow was sitting in the sand, letting the water surround her when the small waves crashed near by. She liked the cool refreshing water against her. There wasn't much people by the sea so she was calm, but she could see someone coming her way. She didn't pay much attention to the male as he got closer but she felt like she should say something "Hey!" she yelled out towards the other Lucain as she waved her small paw in the air. She couldn't help but be nice to everyone that passed by but the other seemed to be deep in thoughts so she watched him carefully, she didn't know wether she should introduce herself or not so she sat quietly now and ran her tails in the water.
Cookie
Pets | Items

Postby SpringsSong » 01/06/2009 12:03 PM

Hurui's ears perked as he heard the femme call out.  For a moment, everything slipped out of his mind; all the little whispers of the demons in his head that said that, because of his blood, he was destined to be the protector of his sister, Miria, and nothing more throughout the rest of his life.  When he saw the other Lucain sit down, he continued walking towards her, his crystal-blue eyes glimmering as he approached her.

"Greetings," he said, looking at her curiously.

[3.1]

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Cookie » 01/06/2009 12:17 PM

Willow pirked up a bit as the male talked to her "Hello, my name is Willow.. do you have a name?" she asked, tilting her head to the side as she watched the male. Willow looked at the male, he looked like a cookie. She laughed slightly at this thought, before thinking about the fact that the male would probably think that she had an issue. She herself looked like a big bar of dark chocolate dipped in a bit of white, her eyes stood out on her because of her dark coat. "So what are you doing out here?" she asked the male now moving slightly in an attempt to get up, finally she did and she walked a bit towards the male "You mind if I join you in this walk?" she asked him, she didn't mind if he said no but she didn't want to be alone and she wanted to learn more about this male.
Cookie
Pets | Items

Postby SpringsSong » 01/06/2009 12:23 PM

"I am called Hurui." He responded simply, observing the female's features before he responded to her next question.  "I am merely walking out here to drown out the many voices that speak wrath against the blood I was born of; there are not many places that one of the numerous 'infamous' bloodlines can go without being scorned." He said.  He didn't mind that she thought he looked like a cookie; while he didn't look the part as much as, say, one of his cousins, Denme, he was more of a double-chocolate-with-white-chocolate-chips cookie.

"I do not mind company at all.  You may join me, if that is your wish."

[3.2]

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Cookie » 01/06/2009 12:33 PM

Willow looked at Hurui "Whats bad about big bloodlines? Or too many of them? It doesn't change who you are.." her voice was strong and she spoke calmly. "I don't know why they would scorn you about it.. personally.. I don't care." she smiled lightly as she walked on with Hurui. "So.. why do you worry about what everyone else says anyway?" she asked now looking back at Herui, her smile growing on her face. "I always thought of the large bloodlines to be something that was actually kind of cool.. your related to all these cool 'cains around Evelon that everyone knows." she commented, looking ahead of where they were walking.
Cookie
Pets | Items

Postby SpringsSong » 01/06/2009 1:00 PM

"Whether or not they are thought of as 'cool' is another manner; yes, everyone knows these names: Kyuukai, the purple Celestial, mother to the greater portion of the Lucain here; Taliña, the valiant Ringed, a fighter in the war that pushed herself to the limits; Senervel, the serial killer; and Traeyun, the insane, for he attempted to take over the sea city of Jawan." Hurui said quietly.  "My great-grandmother on my mother's side, Taliña, and my great-grandfather on my mother's side, Senervel, fought each other in the war.  In his rage, Senervel killed Taliña, who had, by all terms, given up the fight, for she saw it was in vain.  Nevertheless, Sa'ouna saw it fit to revive Taliña so that she might return to her family... which had grown much larger than she expected it."

Here, he sighed.  "It's one thing when everyone says, 'Oh, you're the great-grandson of one of the Imperialist's greatest fighters!' or something like that, but instead, they all say, 'Ew, we don't want any of that blood.  It's already all over the Lands.'  That's when it hurts." He said.

[3.3]

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Cookie » 01/06/2009 1:46 PM

Willow thought about this for a second "I don't see what the problem with owning that blood is.." she said now thinking about why could anyone turn down a Lucain just because of its blood. "I have a friend that is part of Senervel's lines.. She doesn't seem to care.. No one has ever said anything or even think to care about her blood.." she smiled lightly and then splashed Herui with a bit of water, trying to make the other happy or at least get him to smile. "Ultamei used to live in my pen.. I wasn't around at that time but he lived here for a bit and now my friend is here who is his granddaughter.. I never thought any one really cared about that kind of stuff. Technically everyone has large lines because the species has been around for so very long and so that we have ancestors that are related. I think it makes much of a difference if someone is part of those lines that people seem to track and manage.." she finally breathed deeply after her long 'speech'.
Cookie
Pets | Items

Postby SpringsSong » 01/06/2009 2:57 PM

Hurui nodded slowly, listening intently up until Ultamei was mentioned.  "U-Ultamei, did you say?" he asked, in shock.  "He... he's one of my great-uncles, if I remember right... yes, he's the half-brother of my mother, Dismas..." he said, blinking.  "Small world, eh?  But then again, I'm used to it."  After Willow splashed him, he let out a chuckle--a very small, fleeting one--and smiled.

"So, tell me, Miss Willow," he asked, "what brings you out here on such a fine day?"

[3.4]

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Cookie » 01/06/2009 3:28 PM

"Yes Ultamei.. he was my owners first Lucain but he doesn't live here anymore" Willow said smiling now, happy that he was happy-ish now. She liked to make people laugh and feel good and it made her feel better. "I was here for a walk.. and to see what was here. And to get away from my pen.. I don't know but one person since I'm new there." she said now looking down at her feet but then she splashed Hurui again.
Cookie
Pets | Items

Postby SpringsSong » 01/10/2009 6:45 PM

"You haven't been living at your current residence all that long, then?  Did you have many owners before your current one, or just one or two?" Hurui inquired curiously, splashing her back after a moment.  "So... you were just kinda getting away for a little bit while you work on settling into your new home, then?"

He thought for a moment.  "...I've actually never had another home besides the one with my mother and sister.  We live with a lot of other Lucain, though; most of them are relatives through my great-grandmother, Taliña, or even a great-great-grandmother of mine known as Kyuukai." He said at last.  "The atmosphere's mostly tight around there... but sometimes things get a little strained, like with my Aunt Lleiadith.  She hates Grandma Taliña for some reason..."

[4.0]

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Cookie » 01/10/2009 6:52 PM

"New yes.. I suppose I just didn't want to stay around. Besides my friend.. I haven't really talked to anyone else." she mentioned now walking on, looking from what was beyond her and back to Hurui every once in a while. "I've only had one owner besides the one I have now.. Some of the Lucain in my pen have been moved a lot. But I've only had one home before this. There was only one Lucain in my old home.. now there is twelve other Lucain, two of those Paragon creatures and three little Kuhna. There is also a Piyo but that is it." she mentioned quite proud of her little pen. She didn't want to have too big of a home, it scared her a little to be in a place with a large crowd of people.
Cookie
Pets | Items

Postby SpringsSong » 01/10/2009 7:00 PM

Hurui listened intently, nodding every now and again.  "It must be nice, having a small pen.  My owner has thirty-one Lucain, two of these Paragon creatures, too many Kuhnas to count, and several other pets.  She... likes having a big family." He said, coughing slightly.  He was lucky if he could get away from either his sister, Miria, or his mother, or his aunt, or any of his family long enough to get some true peace and quiet.

[4.1]

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Cookie » 01/10/2009 10:26 PM

Willow smiled lightly "Yeah.. it is nice. But sometimes it can be rather lonesome. But its quiet and thats the way I like it." at this Willow's smile spread across her face more. She looked to Hurui "Are you alright?" she asked as he coughed, it didn't sound bad but with some people it could mean something worse. She flicked her tails at Hurui and smiled lightly "Want to try and catch me?" Willow said now bolting off as fast as she could, looking back to see if he would follow.
Cookie
Pets | Items

Postby SpringsSong » 01/19/2009 9:46 AM

"Hm?  Oh yes, I'm perfectly all right; just needed to clear my throat." Hurui said as he looked up for a moment, but when he did look up, Willow had bolted off.  He chuckled quietly to himself, and then, he took off after her, his paws barely making any splashes as he quickly ran after her.  One could tell that he was definitely a Lucain that could live by the sea forever; not just because of his Ringed markings...

[4.2]

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Next