Welcome to the Dead Coast, home to the world's largest bucket of salt! Located nearest the Re'nee Sea, this small port-city is home for all opportunists who would gather the sea's salt deposits left on the shores and sell them for profit. (+2 to Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Dead Coast

Seeing the Sea for the First Time [Private + RE/RE2?]

Postby Shadow » 01/29/2009 5:47 PM

(Me and QuirkyRabbit, and maybe Random Event/Random Event 2?)

Finally, the Dead Coast. It was Conovan's first time seeing the sea, not to mention his first time he had been a long distance from home.

The sea was beautiful, though. Salt that had been separated from the seawater by the sun sparkled beautifully, making itself into an odd layer of different composition above the sand. It was definitely enough for a merchant to collect and make a decent profit from, but that was definitely not why the Yonyuu was here. Even so, he didn't have any materials for collecting a substantial amount of salt, so even if he had changed his mind about the purpose he served here, he wouldn't be able to collect the salt.

Why was he here, though? He wasn't really sure. He guessed that he prefered a quiet, peaceful environment for now, and this wasn't any water one would really want to swim in, judging by the salt content. He listened, not making a sound, to the waves crashing against the surface of the beach.

It was really nice. He smiled, content at being alone for once.

There's going to be a thunderstorm tonight...
Shadow
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 825
Donate

Re: Seeing the Sea for the First Time [Private + RE/RE2?]

Postby QuirkyRabbit » 01/29/2009 11:56 PM

((Whee~! This will be fun :D But I don't think the REs will drop in... or will they? :P))

What better way to spend a day out of the pen than to go for a nice long swim in the sea? Slash was feeling really cooped up, having hardly ever gone out. The sky and sea were soft, matching tints of orange, and a pale orange sun shone high in the sky.

"It's yellow," he told himself, but felt a pang as he realized he had no idea what yellow was. "At times like these," Slash said to himself, "I wish I could see the world as it really is."

As he swam closer to the beach, he saw a creature sitting in the sand, the only living thing on the beach for miles. Due to the high concentration of salt in the sea (which also made it easier to swim), few plants grew here. He noticed its feathered wings and intricate markings, and recognized it as a Temple Yonyuu. 'Shall I?... Why not?' He waded through the shallows, his clawed feet leaving spiky tracks in the sand.
QuirkyRabbit
Celebrity Pet Trainer
Celebrity Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 138
Donate

Postby Shadow » 01/31/2009 9:53 AM

(I don't think they will either, but you never know~ ;))

Conovan pretended not to notice the creature approaching him, turning his head slightly in hopes that this creature would go about its business. However, he was sligtly curious, and took a quick second glance towards this creature, barely recognising it as a Hydrolisk; he had not seen that much of any sort of aquatic species at home.

He then turned his gaze back to the waves and the sun. It really was such a nice day, something that he han't appreciated as much before. He fanned out his wings, enjoying the warm feeling of the sun.

Shadow
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby QuirkyRabbit » 02/01/2009 1:12 AM

Slash froze with uncertainty as the Yonyuu stretched its wings. It was still looking the other way, but he couldn't be sure. Had it seen him? Was it about to attack? Or was it watching him too and waiting for him to make the next move?

'All right, I shall then!' he thought. He went up the beach and approached the Yonyuu, water dripping from his scales and fins. The Yonyuu was staring out at the sea, or at least Slash thought it was. He couldn't really tell from its completely white eyes. 'Then again,' he thought, 'I have white eyes too.'

He sat down on the warm sand, a few metres away from the Yonyuu. Slash was cold-blooded in this form, and immediately felt the warm of the beach, and of the blazing sun, flowing into his body. But he tried not to fidget as he said to the Yonyuu, "Erm, hello."
QuirkyRabbit
Celebrity Pet Trainer
Celebrity Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Shadow » 02/03/2009 9:26 PM

(OOC: Sorry for the delay in my reply...)

The Yonyuu twitched his tail, slightly irritated, although this didn't show in his face or tone. Instead, he turned to face the source of the voice, smiled, and said, "Hello," quite warmly. He said nothing more however, waiting for the other creature to make a move. He hadn't had much in any kind of social situation, including meeting new people, or other creatures, as it was.

He sat on the sand of the beach, figuring that it would be the best move to also keep himself from fidgeting. He then found this rather uncomfortable, and stood up, his legs spread wide in a sort of dominant stance. He didn't stand this way on purpose, as it was a natural stance at this point for him.

Shadow
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby QuirkyRabbit » 02/04/2009 5:22 AM

((Don't worry, it's no problem :)))

The Yonyuu stood up. Slash was still unsure whether he might be in any sort of danger, but he decided to attempt to start a conversation again. "My name is Slash," he said. He had never really thought about his name, but he didn't really reckon himself the fierce sort who would warrant such a... violent name. He hoped the Yonyuu wouldn't get the wrong impression of him.

"It's my first time here," he continued. "It's quite a nice place, don't you agree?" It was rather serene, and the tropical warmth provided loads of sea salt for the Dead Coast's merchants. 'Why would anyone want to eat salt, anyway? I've never heard of any creature that eats salt, besides humans. They're really a strange bunch...' "How about you?" he asked the Yonyuu, "Have you come here before?"
QuirkyRabbit
Celebrity Pet Trainer
Celebrity Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Shadow » 02/07/2009 11:35 AM

Conovan nodded and introduced himself in return. "I am Conovan," he said. This Slash critter seemed friendly enough, and if he was attacked, by chance, Conovan could run. It probably wouldn't be neccesary, though.

He realized that he was standing in a possibly-agressive position, and adjusted the way he stood to a more friendly position, dipping his head slightly. By this, he indicated that he was a friend, not a foe.

Indeed, the humans were strange in their habits of eating salt, though he had heard of other creatures that liked it as well, and he voiced that. "They are strange, but I've heard of other creatures who lick salt off of rocks and such," he said.

"I have never been here before," he answered to the last question. "It is my first time far from home."

Shadow
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby QuirkyRabbit » 02/08/2009 10:33 AM

The two pets sat together on the beach, and stared out towards the sea. Slash wondered how Conovan saw it, and if it was any nicer in full colour. He sighed a little; thinking about his colour blindness always made him a little angry and disappointed. But there was nothing he could do about it, it was just another part of his life that he just had to tolerate.

"It's a nice place here..." said Slash. Then he had a thought. "Hey Conovan," he turned to the Yonyuu. "Would you like to go for a swim, or maybe explore a little? It couldn't hurt to find out a little more about this place, since we're both here for the first time." He wondered if Conovan would want to look around too. "Maybe we could just walk down the beach?"
QuirkyRabbit
Celebrity Pet Trainer
Celebrity Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Shadow » 02/21/2009 10:41 AM

(OOC: Again, sorry for the delay... D:)

Mmm, exploring the beach definitely wouldn't hurt, and it wasn't as though Conovan had anything else to do here. He didn't like the idea of swimming in this water very much; it was much too salty, and he had never been swimming before anyhow.

"Okay, I'd be glad to explore the beach with you," he said, trying to add a little more emotion to the statement than his previous statements. He wouldn't mind having a look around here. Maybe they'd even find something; he'd once heard about oddly colored salts and such.

Shadow
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby QuirkyRabbit » 02/24/2009 6:06 AM

This Yonyuu, Slash quickly decided, was not one for open conversation or expressing his feelings. Nevertheless, he dropped to all fours, and walked down the beach, occasionally glancing backward to see if Conovan was following. Sand tickled his toes, and here and there they found a shell or a bit of seaweed. But besides the two of them, the beach was completely deserted.

"Oh well, no need to be a Hydrolisk any more." Slash slowed his pace, and smoothly shifted forms. Short orange and black fur replaced his scales, and his tail split into four. Large ears sprouted from his head, and his claws shrank to small, dainty paws. A Fenling's mouth opened and shouted to Conovan, "Come on!" He trotted down the beach, for his Fenling body was more suited to running on land.
QuirkyRabbit
Celebrity Pet Trainer
Celebrity Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Shadow » 02/27/2009 4:12 PM

[align=center]Conovan was slightly surprised at this transformation into a Fenling, and stood where he was for a few seconds, his brain proccessing what exactly had happened. However, he soon recovered, and slowly followed Slash down the beach, gradually picking up his pace. He might actually have fun for once!

He paused for a few seconds before asking the question he had in mind- it certainly would sound wierd. "How do you do that?" He asked. "I mean, you were something else before, but you're a Fenling now." He didn't really know the formal word for this transformation-type thing. He guessed that was what it was, anyhow.[/center]

Shadow
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby QuirkyRabbit » 03/01/2009 9:16 AM

"Heh heh, sorry." Slash slowed his pace such that he was walking beside Conovan, for this made it easier for them to talk. "I've always been able to do it, I guess," he said, "just like I've always seen everything in black and orange. I'm usually a Fenling, but I turn into a Hydrolisk when I want to go swimming," he smiled. "I just think about it, and it happens," he shrugged a little.

"It's quite fun really, but it makes me really tired after that." Saying that, he yawned, and blinked a few times. "See what I mean? But Hydrolisks are really clumsy on land, so I would have been real slow anyway." He shook his head a little, and looked further up the beach. "Let's go on some more, maybe we'll find something..."
QuirkyRabbit
Celebrity Pet Trainer
Celebrity Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby .:Random Event 2:. » 03/05/2009 3:24 AM

Further up the beach there was funky-grooving... bush? or maybe a sapling? Either way it was standing out on the beach slash wasteland.  There was no life around yet there was a tree?  It was shaking and wiggling, twisting and turning and moving down the beach.  Sometimes it would stoop down low, it's green leaves brushing against the beach sometimes before continuing on it's groovy-groovy path.

(( Thanks for the invite? Haha ))
Season in Effect: None
Activity: Active, awaiting hunts.
Most Recent Dossier: Lost Guardians
Discovered Pet Count: 40.9%

Please don't PM me without a good reason, otherwise I'll just ignore you!
.:Random Event 2:.
Surprise!
Surprise!
Pets | Items
Keystones: 883
Donate

Postby QuirkyRabbit » 03/05/2009 4:36 AM

((Oh hai there~! Glad you could make it, RE2, you're always welcome. Have a seat and some cookies? :3))

Slash's white eyes widened as he saw some movement in the distance. Finally, they had found something interesting at last! But the part of the beach where he had met Conovan was pretty deserted, so what could that be? Perhaps a merchant collecting salt from the shores? No, it couldn't be, for the tide was high, and whatever it was, it was rather small...

He dashed forward to investigate, but slowed his pace when he saw that it was just a tree, waving in the wind. Slash was about to turn around and walk back to Conovan, but then he stopped. 'Wait a minute,' he thought. 'There's no wind!' He turned to examine it again, and saw that it had eyes, and it was moving, twisting, and hopping around. "What is that?" he wondered out loud, approaching it more slowly this time.

Slash - Post 7 (because I keep forgetting to count)
QuirkyRabbit
Celebrity Pet Trainer
Celebrity Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Shadow » 03/07/2009 11:05 AM

((RE2~ I'm really glad you could come. :D)

Conovan gasped despite himself, forgetting all about Slash's response regarding the shapeshifting. He also approached the strange... what was it? He'd heard about strange trees that really liked salt water. He thought back, trying to remember. What were they, again? He'd have to ask.

Rather than asking what it was, however, he addressed it directly. "Hello there," he called, trying to sound friendly. He lowered his tails, and crouched down slightly, so he wouldn't seem to have an imposing appearence. He wouldn't want to scare it, after all.

Shadow
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Next