Welcome to the Dead Coast, home to the world's largest bucket of salt! Located nearest the Re'nee Sea, this small port-city is home for all opportunists who would gather the sea's salt deposits left on the shores and sell them for profit. (+2 to Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Dead Coast

Re: Seeing the Sea for the First Time [Private + RE/RE2?]

Postby .:Random Event 2:. » 03/08/2009 12:19 AM

"That my crazy curious friend, is a pile of sea treasure," the palmie replied, not bothering to look up at the two creatures.  He hadn't realized the question was directed at him.

The pile of sea treasures looked more like sea trash.  Not even sea shells but bottle caps, broken glass a few of those plastic bear can holders that were not cut.  There was a pen that didn't have the ink cartridge and the front cover of a book weighed down by a small pile of loose change.
The palmie turned finally, swaying to an unheard tune. Sway-shakity-shake-shake-shake Sway-shakity-shake-shake-shake...
"What brings you two swinging cats here, hmm? Most people don't just come here unless they have business,"
Season in Effect: None
Activity: Active, awaiting hunts.
Most Recent Dossier: Lost Guardians
Discovered Pet Count: 40.9%

Please don't PM me without a good reason, otherwise I'll just ignore you!
.:Random Event 2:.
Surprise!
Surprise!
Pets | Items
Keystones: 883
Donate

Postby QuirkyRabbit » 03/08/2009 4:49 AM

Slash slowly walked around to examine the little plant-thing's collection of assorted items. Really, most of them could be considered rubbish, but some people did the strangest things... He bent down and sniffed at an old human's boot which looked like it hadn't been worn for ages, and dust tickled his nose, making him sneeze. Why would anyone want all this stuff?

Slash turned to answer the little plant's question. He had never seen one like it before, and had no idea what it could be. "Well..." He was a little distracted by the little creature's bumping and swaying, but he tried to talk to it anyway. "We're here just to, well, hang out for a while." He gestured towards the pile of objects nearby. "Where'd you get all that stuff from?"
QuirkyRabbit
Celebrity Pet Trainer
Celebrity Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 138
Donate

Postby Shadow » 03/08/2009 12:39 PM

Conovan nodded in agreement with Slash's answer. He didn't bother adding any comments to the statement, instead looking at this pile of... treasure? He thought it looked more like beach litter. He didn't see why the palmie would want such things, but he guessed that it was all a matter of perspective.

He then thought to add to the statement that Slash had made. "We're not here for any sort of business. We're just exploring the beach," he said.

He guessed that Slash's next question, the one about where the tree had gotten all the stuff, was really just a way to continue the conversation, and talk to this strange tree. He still was rather curious as to what it was, but felt that it would be rather rude to ask directly, instead returning the question.

"Are you here for business, or do you live around this area?" He asked.

There's going to be a thunderstorm tonight...
Shadow
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 825
Donate

Postby .:Random Event 2:. » 03/08/2009 9:43 PM

The creature paused, blinking up at the two before laughing.
"Where else would you find sea treasure but in the sea?"  He quickly resumed his grooving.
"Of course the waves tend to knock me over, so I have to wait for the sea treasures to make it up so the beach.  But I am a patient palmie right down to my roots,"
His curious little stumpy feet wiggled as he grooved.

"Just exploring, huh? That seems to like a very good idea.  Are you looking for sea treasure, too?  You're welcome to mine as I have much more of this back at my swinging pad," he had a strange way of speaking, this palmie did.
"How has your exploration come? Anything interesting so far?"

Surprise!
Surprise!
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby QuirkyRabbit » 03/09/2009 9:07 AM

"Exploring's fun, but we haven't really found anything interesting yet," Slash said, "Actually, we just met up with each other not too long ago." What had the little plant-thing called itself again? A Palmie, yes... and a really groovy one at that! He found himself smiling a little at the Palmie's energetic dance.

"My name's Slash, by the way." Inside, he was holding his breath, as he had met some unusual reactions to his name before. How would this little Palmie react? "We could come see your, erm, pad," Slash suggested. He was still not very used to the Palmie's strange slang. "Or maybe we could explore together, we could find some more, uh, treasure!" He grinned broadly at the Palmie, excited at the prospect of more discoveries.
QuirkyRabbit
Celebrity Pet Trainer
Celebrity Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Shadow » 03/09/2009 3:02 PM

Hmm, a palmie? So that's what this stange little tree was. It definitely had an interesting way of speaking. Perhaps a regional way of speaking? Conovan wasn't quite sure. He had heard many different accents and regional slang words in his own household,, but he had never heard anything similar to this. Without even knowing it, he smiled at the strange way of speaking, and the strange dance.

Conovan proceeded to introduce himself as well, as Slash had. "I'm Conovan," he said. "It's nice to meet you."

He nodded at Slash's suggestions as to what they would do next. He would gladly take either option, depending on what the Palmie wanted. He wondered if it would be comfortable showing them its "pad," or if it would prefer to hunt for beach treadure, or even suggest something else.

Shadow
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby .:Random Event 2:. » 03/11/2009 1:22 AM

"Slash," he said drawing ou the "sh" and maybe shaking it up.  He shook his leaves, said the end of Slash's name and grinned, "Hey man, your name grooves with the trees.  And Conovan, brotha' it is good to see some explorative souls on the beach.  Though most find that there's not much to see.  I'll go with you, man, see if there's some groovy treasure down whatever path you're following,"

Seemed he was up for exploration.
"Don't worry about my treasures.  Rarely do other groovy cats upset it,"

(( Right then... Exploration it is! ))

Surprise!
Surprise!
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby QuirkyRabbit » 03/11/2009 3:38 AM

"Shh... shh..." Slash looked up at the palm trees nearby. They were gently swaying to and fro, and he tried to imagine how his name could sound like the trees. He always thought it made him sound violent and cold (even thought he wasn't really), certainly not as trees swaying in the wind, as the Palmie imagined it. He smiled, and found himself liking the little guy already.

He glanced at the pile of objects, and shook his head slightly. The Palmie was right, no one would want to steal his 'sea treasures'. Except, perhaps, fellow 'treasure' hunters, but there didn't seem to be any around here. "Let's, eh, groove on down the beach, shall we?" He flashed another wide grin.

((By the way, can we capture this Palmie, even though this thread isn't specifically a hunt?))
QuirkyRabbit
Celebrity Pet Trainer
Celebrity Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Shadow » 03/11/2009 5:58 PM

Conovan also listened quietly for a moment to the quiet sound of the palm trees. He assumed that he probably hadn't noticed it before because of the little amount of sound it made. It was quite pleasent. It was such a wonderfully positive connection, per se, to the sound of Slash's name.

He stood up a straight, swishing his tails slightly, almost playfully. He was ready to explore the beach. "So, which way first?" He asked, gesturing towards both ways down the beach.

Shadow
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby .:Random Event 2:. » 03/12/2009 8:00 PM

"Goorvy man, Groovy~" The palmie agreed. As for which direction.
"If you've been there," he said doing a body wave towards the direction they'd come, "going back would me you've been.  Nothing to explore that why that you haven't seen right?" the strange plant-like creature shuffled towards the direction they would have headed in had they not met him.
"Continue your path right, Cats?"

(( Of course you can try to catch him. I don't join RPs just for the heck of it.  This is to give you the chance to catch a palmie.  Just because I'm here, though, doesn't gurantee you'll get the palmie, either. ))

Surprise!
Surprise!
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby QuirkyRabbit » 03/15/2009 7:38 AM

(( Ah, I see. ^^ ))

"Alright, why not?" Slash started to walk down the beach, but his hind leg caught on something, and he fell with a THMP! into the sand. Little grains flew everywhere and stung his eyes. Slash blinked rapidly, and tried in vain to spit the taste of salty sand out of his mouth. "Bleaaackh!" He thought he saw a hint of a smile on the Yonyuu's and Palmie's faces, so he said, "Oh stop it!"

Trying to avoid himself further embarrassment, he quickly stood up, and used his tails to brush the sand off the offending object. A leather handle stuck out of the sand, and Slash gripped it in his teeth and tugged at it experimentally. It held fast, buried too deep in the sand. "Come look at this, guys!" he called to the others.
QuirkyRabbit
Celebrity Pet Trainer
Celebrity Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Shadow » 03/17/2009 3:57 PM

"Okay," Conovan said, nodding. "We should continue our path." He felt almost silly for not realizing that they would not find much if they went back the other way, but he had guessed that there was still something to explore.

A hint of suprise appeared on his face. "Stop what?" He asked, following slash to the leather handle. "Are you alright? That was a bit of a fall," He added, trying to express some concern. He then also tried to pull the handle out of the ground using his teeth, but no avail.

"Should we try to dig it up?" He asked before doing anything.

Shadow
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby .:Random Event 2:. » 04/04/2009 7:49 PM

(( Sorry I haven't posted. RE2 sometimes... Doesn't show up. Er... Because I fail. haha. ))

Sand was already being kicked up by the little palmie who was digging with his stubbly root-like feet.
"Looks to be... a beach treasure... Not the usual kind, though," the little palmie looked to be all business now; it must have something to do with his love for treasure.

"If it's not the usual kind of treasure, then it's a rare find." pointing out the obvious? Darn tootin' we're pointing out the obvious.
"A piece of dried up cow skin... I've never understood why people use that, but it seems to make a great treasure to find. Though, my friend, finding it with your face is not so practical,"

Surprise!
Surprise!
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby QuirkyRabbit » 04/11/2009 11:48 AM

Slash was about to make a comment about him not having any hands (in this form at least), but he stopped himself. Instead, he joined the Palmie in digging away the sand around the object, being more careful this time not to get sand in his mouth. He had had enough of the salty taste of Dead Coast sand for one day.

He admired the speed at which the Palmie was furiously displacing sand. It probably had something to do with his excitement at finding new treasure, Slash thought. Before long, more of the leather handle was showing, along with the object it was attached to: an old leather handbag. "What?" Slash couldn't help saying. "Why would this be here?"
QuirkyRabbit
Celebrity Pet Trainer
Celebrity Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Shadow » 04/12/2009 12:59 PM

As the bag exposed itself, Conovan wondered: did it have anything inside? He guessed that it had probably been dropped on the beach by a human; he had often seen them carrying leather bags around. He voiced this, to provide a possible answer to Slash's question. "Maybe a human dropped it and didn't notice?" He suggested. "It could have gradually been buried by the sea, if it's been here for a while," he added.

Now that it was uncovered, it was easy to move the bag. Conovan dragged it onto the dry sand (sand was often slightly moist just under the surface) so that they would be able to easily open it to see if there was anything inside. Somehow, Conovan thought it would be empty except for sand, but you never know.

Shadow
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext