Welcome to the Dead Coast, home to the world's largest bucket of salt! Located nearest the Re'nee Sea, this small port-city is home for all opportunists who would gather the sea's salt deposits left on the shores and sell them for profit. (+2 to Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Dead Coast

What's this 'beach' thing?[Private]

Postby Rehab » 02/22/2009 9:01 PM

Loon- for once didn't need convincing to go out in to the world. He had actually drag King out to the Dead Coast. He wanted to get some good salt. Not the ordinary kind that came form the stores. He wanted the freshest cleanest salt there is. King wasn't happy here. It looked dull here. Not very fun at all. And this beach- sounded better when Loon explained it.

"So- King what do you think?" He smiled. Here, in the Dead Coast, was one of the few places he could be surrounded by people and not get sick or anything. No panic attacks or dizziness.

'Boring. Let's go back.' And the ride over here wasn't much fun, but at least the sights were better.

"Not until I get some salt. And maybe soak up the sun while I'm at it." For him, not even King's mood will ruin it for him. Not one bit.
ImageImageImage
Rehab
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 220
Donate

Re: What's this 'beach' thing?[Private]

Postby Rehab » 02/22/2009 9:25 PM

He was looking for the next human to sponge of for awhile. Kids were great. The always fawn over how 'cute' he was and 'dignified' in his little tux. They always seem to beg their parents into keeping him. And when he gotten bored of them he moved on to the next host. It wasn't hard. Eventually they always run out of extra cash to find the pet. Or they figure they could get something better then a little Batti like him. This time he was replaced with a fancy candy Fenling. The Fenling was a witch. He just had to get out of there.

He was munching on some bugs when he saw a boy talking with his Magistrey. Maybe he can appear cute enough for this human to pity him. He was defiantly cuter then his pet right now. He finished his meal and started to walk over to them.

"-While I'm at it." The human stopped when he walked over to them. Hopefully this human will pity him and fed him something better then his last meal.

'What do you want, Batti?' The Magistry sounded annoyed. Maybe it'll be harder then he thought. Joy.
ImageImageImage
Rehab
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rehab » 02/22/2009 11:33 PM

ImageImage

King looked at the Batti. He was dirty and was that little insect's wings by his mouth. Ewww. She tugged at Loon's sleeves to lead him away from the Batti. Knowing him he'll take pity on it and help him back to his owner. The Batti did have a collar on it after all. He had o have a home to live in.

"Hello there little guy." Loon grinned at the Batti. He picked up the Batti. King was going to say something about that, but she stopped herself. Loon was looking at the name tag. "Why don't we take you home?" The Batti seemed to squeak to that.

'What do you mean about we?'

The Batti looked at Loon. "Your human is gullible, huh?" If only Loon could understand the little flying rat.

"It's on the way to the market anyways. Maybe he has a cash reward on him."

'Not for that dirty rat.' Loon only chuckled at that. The Batti was cuddling with him. King didn't trust this Batti. Something was up.
ImageImageImage
Rehab
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rehab » 02/23/2009 12:03 AM

ImageImage

"First we'll get the salt, then drop off this little guy. It'll be fine." He smiled at King. This Batti was friendly. He hoped the family had something do to with it.

"King? What a silly name for a girl." The Batti laughed at that. "My name- for now is Keys. Hopefully your human will change it to something I will like." It cuddled with Loon once again. He was getting the human's shirt dirty.

"What is he saying King?" Loon looked at her. This Batti was making noise as if it was speaking.

'His name is Keys. And he says my name is weird.' She huffed.

Loon nodded at that. He petted the Batti as he walked to one of the stalls selling the salt. He was thinking of getting a big bag, but if King wouldn't help him carry it, there would be no point in getting it. He settled for the biggest bag he could carry with much problem. He just had to put down the Batti.

"Keys, if King doesn't mind, you could hitch a ride on her. Otherwise you can hitch a hide on me."

King seemed to glare at Keys. 'Don't you dare saddle on Loon. You already dirty him enough.' Keys was about to climb on her when she ruffed her feathers knocking him down. 'I didn't say you could ride on me, rat.'

"I'm a bat. Not a rat. And here I thought your kind were smart." He dusted himself up. He wasn't dirty. Unless this King was a neat freak.
ImageImageImage
Rehab
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rehab » 02/24/2009 12:15 AM

ImageImage

'Why don't you use you legs, Keys?' She teased. She followed Loon to this Batti home. She couldn't figure out who would want this- this little bug. He seemed lazy. And a slob.

Loon looked back at the two. He frowned at what he saw. "King, look at Keys. He's having trouble in keeping up. His house isn't far from here."

"Yeah, King. Listen to your human." Keys chirped. He begin to climb on top of King but yet again she ruffed her feathers. "Hey!"

'Loon, I'm not letting the bat ride me. He can walk. He's not a crippled.' She glared at the Batti. She should have never let Loon convince her to come over here. Next time he suggests a place, she'll turn him down.

"Fine then. I'm sorry Keys for King's attitude." He stopped and bend down giving an arm to Keys. "I guess you can hitch a ride on me. Just try not to move to much." Keys chirped a thank you happily. Loon guessed it was a thank you with how giddy Keys seemed to be.

'You're too nice with the Batti.' King mumbled. Usually she likes small creatures or anything smaller then her. He wanted to ask what was wrong, but he figured it was because she was upset about the let down of the beach. 'So- how far is Key's home.'

"Hopefully, if I know where I'm going- not to far." Loon smiled. It has been awhile since he was here, but it hasn't changed too much.
ImageImageImage
Rehab
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rehab » 02/24/2009 1:13 AM

ImageImage

It took ten minutes to get to Key's home. It didn't take long at all, really. It wasn't the best of the house's, but it was nice enough. Keys jumped off scurrying off to the front door. King made a comment how he could have walked here all by himself. Loon ignored her and instead knocked on the door. He heard scuffing on the other side. It took about a minute before the door opened to reveal an woman and her daughter.

"It's Keys!" The daughter hugged the Batti. Keys seemed to kiss the little girl. The mother sighed when she saw this.

"It's the little devil." She looked at Loon. "Why did you being it back? My family doesn't need it." She frowned when Keys chirped.

"But Momma, Keys was our first pet. I'll feed him." The girl was about to cry. "Who else will feed him?" Keys cuddled with her as if trying to calm her down. She hiccuped.

"Thank you sir. I'm guessing you want a reward." She was about to leave when Loon spoke up.

"If you don't want him, I'll take him." Loon smiled. The little girl smiled at him. Even so, she hugged Keys tighter.

"If you want the little leech take him. I can't handle him anymore. Little monster. He's a horror to deal with." She glared at the Batti as she grabbed it form her daughter and gaved it to Loon. The Batti climbed back to where he was sitting before he stopped off. Her daughter was back to being on the verge of tears.

"Keys, but I love Keys." She was back to hiccuping. "Will you feed him his favorites?"

"What are his favorites?" Loon asked.

"Anything expensive." The mother shut the door as soon as she answered.

'So- are you going to give him a new name? Or what?' King asked. 'And I don't care to have him as a brother. Little rat as a brother. Ewww.'
ImageImageImage
Rehab
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rehab » 02/24/2009 11:22 PM

ImageImage

"A name? Horror, but something else." Loon was mumbling to himself. "Saint Horror. That sounds good. What do you say, Saint Horror?" Loon chuckled at the Batti now called Saint Horror.

"Weird name too. You're a freak, I say." Saint Horror smiled at the human. It seems King will have to get use to him. This seemed better then he first thought.

'Loon, I'm hungry. Get something else then your precious salt.' King seemed to not be brother with Saint Horror comment to Loon's question. The fact Loon picked up another pet had yet to sunk in. Maybe she was more in denial then anything.

"There isn't too much at this place, but I did pack some food. You can have some. Too bad I have nothing for Saint Horror." Loon was getting tired with the bag of salt. He was glad he didn't get a bigger bag. That would kill him. Saint Horror wasn't helping matters. King might have been right about making him walk.

"What am I going to eat, human?" Saint Horror seemed to have forgotten he could feed himself- or maybe it was more like why should when he has a human to do that.

'You can starve for all I care.' King hummed.
ImageImageImage
Rehab
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rehab » 03/01/2009 12:12 AM

ImageImage

"We can go home now. I hope both of you will be fine for a few hours without food." Loon smiled. Right about not King should be complaining. Maybe Saint Horror if he cared.

'What! Loon, you could at least get me some water. This beach of your is terrible.'

"I have to agree with King here. Really, now. As my owner you need to be more responsible." Saint Horror grumbled.

'You, little Batti need to shut your mouth. Your voice is annoying.' King hummed.

Loon laughed at the two of them. He had a feeling life at home will be- interesting. His mom will be shocked he found another pet so soon. He would have to agree with her. He didn't feel like King was a pet. She took care of herself most of the time. He rarely had to do anything. If she wanted to, she could have left anytime during this journey and still be okay.

"At least I'm cuter." Saint Horror countered.
ImageImageImage
Rehab
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rehab » 03/01/2009 12:34 AM

ImageImage

'Cuter- ha! What's so cute about a little parasite?'

"Don't call Saint Horror a parasite." Loon chuckled. There little fight was funny. He may not understand what Saint Horror was saying, but- with how King was responding, he could guess.

"Listen to your human, King." Saint Horror teased. He stopped his chuckling when Loon shacked him off. "Hey! What was that for?"

"You can walk Saint Horror. You do have legs." Loon looked down at the Batti. Saint Horror didn't seem to like what he had said. The Batti would just have to deal with it.

'Finely. I told you he could walk all by himself. It only took this long for you to figure that out.' King chuckled. She felt a whole lot better now.
ImageImageImage
Rehab
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rehab » 09/20/2009 11:05 PM

ImageImage

'As if!' King hiss at Saint Horror. She looked up at Loon. 'Loon, let's just go home right now. I can deal without water for now. This beach of yours is much too hot.'

"Hey, human, at least give me some water." Saint Horror tugged at Loon's hair. "Come on, tell him, King. It's not like he can understand me.

"What is he saying, King." Loon flicked his hand at the batti to stop him from his current actions. He might need to teach the batti pantomime. It would save him trouble.

'And why should I?' A lot of trouble from the look of it.

"Do you want to put up with a grumpy batti that didn't get his way?"

"Nice comeback, human!"

'I see. He just wanted water.' King grumbled.

Loon was able to get some water for all of them. That way King won't complain about having favorites or any parasites. The ride back was interesting to say the least. It seemed Saint Horror loved to tease King about every little thing. Just as who sat where. Or who gets first pick for the food Loon packed. Yes, it was going to be interesting with this batti joining their little group.
ImageImageImage
Rehab
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rehab » 09/20/2009 11:22 PM

Image[/align]

Keys. That batti was no more. Now, his name was Saint Horror. He was surprised a human could name so well. Sure, it was a strange name, but it suited him. He had always appeared nice and loving to a family. He was then soon taken in by the said family. He then went into second phase of his plan. Have the current family spoil him rotten. He would beg for more food. Eventually, he would stop eating the less expensive food and only eat the high end stuff. It didn't matter if it tasted bad or good. He would only take baths if the cleaning stuff was high end. He would only do anything if it was high end.

But- this human, seemed to know his tactics. And it seemed he didn't care one bit. He was just a little bit worried the human didn't back down from giving him the same water as King. He was also only carried if Loon was up for it. He actually had to follow this human with his mood and not his own. It was frustrating for him. HE was tempted to ditched this human as soon as possible, but this human was interesting. He wondered if he could get this one to act like the others did. It just might take longer then others did.

And- to be honest- it was fun to tease King.
ImageImageImage
Rehab
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate