Welcome to the Dead Coast, home to the world's largest bucket of salt! Located nearest the Re'nee Sea, this small port-city is home for all opportunists who would gather the sea's salt deposits left on the shores and sell them for profit. (+2 to Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Dead Coast

Fish and Chips? [P]

Postby Fish » 02/23/2009 11:28 PM

The day  was already dissolving into the evening as Rai stepped out of the fish market, a small wrapped package under his arm. He started down the street and in the direction of his apartment, though he still had a few more stops left to make before officially starting home. A mental list formed inside his mind as he planned out his next move would be. Bread. He needed bread.
Rai turned the next corner he came upon. It was a more quiet street with very little people walking down it, but if you listened over the noises of the city you could hear the children laughter... And more.
"what now?!" A voice called. There was some loud harsh laughter following.
Rai walked closer to a fenced in area where it seemed the noises grew louder at. There was scuffing sounds coming from the area. He looked through the holes of the metal fence and noticed a small group of children huddled in a corner. "What the heck?" Rai questioned as he stepped into the area.

"Careful... I'm contagious."

PENWISHLIST

I used to be Elliot.
Fish
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 130
Donate

Re: Fish and Chips? [P]

Postby Fish » 06/17/2009 1:17 AM

Rai stepped further into the fenced area. From where he stood, he couldn't tell what was going on, but it seemed kind of fishy, and it wasn't from the package safely tucked under his arm.
"A game, huh?" He questioned, "So what kind of game are you guys playing?" It wasn't any of his business, and normally he wouldn't get involved. But he already did, so there wasn't any reason not to finish what he started. He shifted his weight to his other foot as he stared down the group of children. "Is this the kind of game that the Sister would approve of?" He nudged his head in the direction of the building.

PENWISHLIST

I used to be Elliot.
Fish
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fish » 08/14/2009 10:23 PM

The other children blocked his way from trully seeing what was behind the wall. Which made it even more suspicious than the way the other one stuttered. With his free hand he shoved one of the children blocking his way, to the side. It wasn't a hard-enough shove to cause the child to fall to the ground, but he made sure it was strong enough to warn the other children. "You know, I haven't played a game of hackie-sac in a while. I'd love to play a quick game with you guys." He didn't bother asking if he could join the 'game'. Since he knew they wuld have said no. "I'll just get the hackie-sac then and we can play a quick game." He glanced at the leader of the little gang of orphans, with a crocked smile.
Stepping forward he moved to the other side of the dumpster and stopped before what he saw, a small beaten child. "...I don't think this is a hackie-sac."

PENWISHLIST

I used to be Elliot.
Fish
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fish » 08/29/2009 3:18 AM

Rai kept his attention on Gywn, mostly to protect his face from the rocks being thrown. Rolling his eyes he moved in front of him, crouching before the fetal-positioned boy. Wasn't this a familiar scene.. Rai found himself being subtly reminded of his own childhood. Carefully Rai set his package down and spoke softly to the boy. "Hey--" He started before suddenly being interrupted by the bellowing of an angry woman.
"What do you think you're doing!" She cried angrily at Rai. Her voice seem oddly familiar to him.

PENWISHLIST

I used to be Elliot.
Fish
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fish » 09/08/2009 3:59 AM

He still wasn't sure as to why the woman's voice had sounded familiar, and even as he turned to face her, her appearance didn't bring him any clues. Rai had had his share of "sisters" and truthfully they all look alike. Like a bunch of marching penguins... The only way he'd be able to tell the difference between them was if one had either a deformity or did something that stood out and even though, as he took in her full appearance, this sister was more round, it was still difficult to try and put a name to her.
The children swarm behind their sister to finish their act at making Rai look like the bad guy. The sister stood there, her mouth partially ajar and her eyes fixated on his face. He felt a bit uncomfortable under her watch, but tried not to show it. Instead he lifted an eyebrow at her and turned his head a bit to the side to get a partial view of San’Gwynarius. “Before you kick me out,” He turned back to the gawking woman, “let me talk to the kid first.” Without even awaiting her answer Rai returned to kneeling before the child. “Hey,” He spoke softly to him, so that the others couldn’t eaves drop on them. “I’m sure you’re tired of this place.” The corners of his mouth tugged upwards, but his brows still pulled together. “I know I was… You don’t deserve any of this.” Rai wasn’t very good at speeches or even one-on-one talks. He was more silent really. And what he first thought to say to the kid would have definitely been taken wrong. “Uh.. Why don’t we get out of here? You and me, together?” He wondered if he should take the kid anywhere. What did children now-a-days like to do? Instead he went with another approach: “I’ve got fish.” He patted the packed fish that was still on the ground, and gave another, happier smile. Which was a bit difficult since orphanages always seemed to suck the fun out of him. “By the way,” He whispered, “What’s your name?”

[Too lazy to read over. xDx;]

PENWISHLIST

I used to be Elliot.
Fish
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fish » 12/26/2009 5:14 AM

He didn't get a response form the small child before him and it seemed the sister was surprisingly quiet (if only the others were too). But when he noticed the kid opening his eyes, Rai was suddenly taken back. My, he has such big eyes for a boy. If Rai wasn't the way he was he might have squealed because those eyes just made the child much more adorable.
Fighting the urge to just grab the kid and run, he turned to the round "penguin" where the children were still griping at. But he wasn't sure what to say to the woman. Should he ask for an adoption paper? But maybe that was rushing into things a bit since he doesn't know a thing about this child. Heck he didn't know the kid's name yet either. Should he just talk with her into letting him take the kid out? Would people get the wrong idea if he did that? When Rai finally tried to breathe in (after holding his breath while he tried to think), he realized he had been clenching his jaw shut. Dropping all his thoughts as he concentrated on the new soreness in his jaw, he decided trying to think of what to do by himself seemed useless. So in one stride he approached the sister and asked softly to her if he could speak with her in private. Maybe then he might get some idea as to what to do.

PENWISHLIST

I used to be Elliot.
Fish
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate