Welcome to the Dead Coast, home to the world's largest bucket of salt! Located nearest the Re'nee Sea, this small port-city is home for all opportunists who would gather the sea's salt deposits left on the shores and sell them for profit. (+2 to Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Dead Coast

Re: Hey! Stop! THIEF! (Private, me and Amber)

Postby AmberGlaze » 04/13/2009 2:40 PM

Timber sighed, and figured she should probably tell Rayne the truth. Maybe when she was 10...or 12...or 85 and deaf in one ear. Yes, that would be perfect! As  Hazel began to recap the details of the robbery, Timber noticed Rayne fumbling through her bag.

"Rayne...this is really no time for shopping."

"No, TimTim! I'm not looking for money, I'm looking for-" She pulled something out. "This!"

Timber stared at Rayne for a long time, trying to remember why she cared so much for the little troublemaker. Oh right, because she had saved her from living a life in the boring Plains.

"Rayne...why don't you tell us what your waving around so fast."

Rayne giggled then stopped her arm. In it was a bright pink notebook with unicorn and rainbow stickers all over. Also clutched tightly in her hand was a purple pen, with a neon orange cap.

"It's my detective notebook and pen, silly! It's for writing down notes and stuff."

Timber continued staring, and shook her head.

"Rayne, do you mean to tell me you carry around a notebook for stuff like this?"

All Rayne did was nod before she busily scribbled down some notes:

April 5, 2009

Description of Robber:
- Purple and Gold
- Khimera
- Really big!
- Carrying sack of money

Date and Time of Robbery:
- April 5, 2009
- Um...I dunno what time. Around lunchtime? Yum! I really like peanut butter and jelly.

Hideout of Robber:
- In a building to the right of where I was hiding
ImageImageImageImage
With us, there is no such thing as individulaity...

ImageImage
AmberGlaze
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items

Postby Freezair » 04/13/2009 3:09 PM

((...I swear, I take notes JUST LIKE THAT. My mind wanders. XD))

Krii peered at the notebook. He was trying desperately to do what Sky said and not read over her shoulder, but habits died hard even when he was conscious of what he was doing. He stole a look at her notes, withdrew with a wince, and scratched his head.

"She went into this old building?" He looked up the side of it. "Gee... I think the front's boarded up. How'd she get inside?"

"Probably a window or something," Hazel observed. "A sky-view might help. Sky, would you be willing to give us all a lift?"

"I can probably fit you all," Sky responded. "If Timber will allow Rayne to come with us... and if Timber wants to come herself."

[399, 14, 9]

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby AmberGlaze » 04/13/2009 4:04 PM

((Oh Freezy, why am I not surprised? o3o))

Rayne noticed a shadow behind her, and then saw it was Krii reading over her. Again. Something about Rayne was that she didn't like being annoyed. She would never hurt someone, but when she wants to be she can be very intimidating. Turnng around Rayne slammed her notebook shut and poked a finger in the Rengosett's chest.

"Excuse me! I do NOT like you doing that Mr. Nosy Butt! So leave me alone or I won't help you!" She shouted at him, turning around and sticking her nose in the air.

Timber smiled at Rayne. Since she was always grumpy, she did appreciate those days when Rayne wasn't unbearably sweet and innocent. Sometimes having mood swings was a good thing.

"Yes, it does make sense for the Robber to go into the building. I think Rayne has the right idea." She said, thinking.

Rayne beamed, and then listened as Skycutter offered to give them all a ride up in the building, and turned back to regular Rayne.

"Oh boy, come on Timber!" She said, jumping up and down and clapping her hands.

Timber gulped, and thought for a moment.

"Hey Rayne, I would feel MUCH more comfortable if you flew us up there. I hate heights..."

Rayne suddenly remembered that Timber did indeed hate heights and smiled. She loved changing into her Matches form, even though Cloudy was not very keen on the idea. Rayne jumped in the center of the group and a bright flash of light shielded her. Rayne's body grew and her skin disappeared bright rainbow-colored feathers burst everywhere. Her closes vanished, her eyes turning more beady, and her feet turning into talons. Then finally her hands covered in feathers and grew wider, becoming wings. Lastly her talkative mouth turned into a pointy bright orange beak. Timber watched on and gulped, before Rayne bounded up happily towards her.

"Hop on!" She exclaimed to Timber, her voice becoming an even higher pitch.

Timber breathed in before jumping on the back of Rayne, who waited for Skycutter to start the adventure.
ImageImageImageImage

ImageImage
AmberGlaze
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items

Postby Freezair » 04/13/2009 4:35 PM

Krii jumped back, finding a finger jabbed into his chest. "Geez louise! Alright alright. I'm sorry. I won't do it again. Happy?"

"I'll hold you to that," Sky chuckled. "Now. Hop on, guys. We're going to skim the roofs and look for a way in. Most of these buildings have something or other."

She put down a wing. Krii and Hazel climbed up, sitting behind the crown of Skycutter's head. They watched with some surprise as Rayne morphed into a Matches, offering her own ride to Timber.

"Huh. Didn't mention that," Sky said. "Well, that changes things. You can probably defend yourself a bit better, anyway. Anywho." Sky spread her wings. Huffing, she said, "Up we go!" and hefted herself into the air.

The warm air above the market lifted her fairly well, though she held up her head, skimming for air traffic. Closer to the street, there were a few pigeons, but nothing seriously threatening. She moved toward the top of the building.

On the roof, panic seized Tiera's chest.

She saw them above! Flying! Her breath became labored before she started to run. Bunching her legs, she sprung for the next rooftop. She ran against the hot asphalt tarring the top, he claws raking against the black-coated gravel. She could not be seen. She would not be seen. She couldn't afford to be seen...

[400, 15, 10]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AmberGlaze » 04/14/2009 3:28 PM

Before Timber could properly prepare herself, Rayne was up up and away! Holding on tightly to the Matches' feathers, the WomBear tried to calm herself.

Timber, it's alright. You've ridden on Rayne plenty of times before. Sure, at those times it was only two feet off of the ground, and this is about 25 feet, but you'll be fine. Just remember to think happy thoughts, happy thoughts! Nothing is going to happen, you're not going to plummet to the ground and...NO. NO! Don't think about that. Just remember that when all of this nonsense is finished you'll be able to return safely to your burrow and curl up nicely in that dirt. Doesn't that sound wonderful? Oh yes, it quite does-

It was then Timber saw the Khimera, trying to make a speedy exit.

"Rayne! Skycutter! The Robber is on the roof, look!" She yelled, pointing down.

It was then without warning, Rayne dived down and straight at the Khimera.
ImageImageImageImage

ImageImage
AmberGlaze
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items

Postby Freezair » 04/14/2009 8:17 PM

"Gak! NO! Rayne, stay back!" Sky dived after her, Krii and Hazel squealing. They clung tightly for her back while she angled toward the roof.

The Khimera's tails flared up into the sky as the Garudor landed awkwardly in front of her, spreading her wings. "Stay back! Don't touch her!"

"I don't touch little children," Tiera hissed. "But for you, I have no such inhibitions!"

She lashed forward with one of her tails, trying to strike like a scorpion. Sky deflected her with a stone wing. Krii and Hazel lept down from her neck, running down to grab her feet. She hissed, but stumbled. She turned her head and bit at Krii. She got a mouthful of the fluffy part of his tail, but no flesh.

"Get outta here!" Krii shouted. "Go! We've got her!"

Sky batted a wing at Tiera, but the Khimera took it as an opertunity. She latched on to the thick of her wing and held on tight.

[401, 16, 11]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AmberGlaze » 04/15/2009 3:28 PM

Rayne, being the child that she was, completely ignored Skycutter. She continued to dive, and flew straight into the Khimera, swung around and flew back into the air for another blast. Unfortunately, Timber fell off of Rayne's back on rolled onto to ground, scuffing her paws as she did so. Shakily standing up, the WomBear blinked gravel out of her eyes and glared at the Khimera. If this...beast, ever thought of hurting Rayne...then there would be hell to pay. Charging at the Khimera, Timber jumped onto her back and gnawed at her ears fiercely.

Rayne noticed Timber in the battle and gasped. What if Timber got hurt! With new determination, Rayne squinted her eyes and positioned herself as best as her five year old brain could. Taking a deep breath, she extended her talons and pointed them directly at the Khimera's eyes. Moving back a little, Rayne then pushed herself hard, so she looked like a rainbow comet streaming through the blood thirsty sky...
ImageImageImageImage

ImageImage
AmberGlaze
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items

Postby Freezair » 04/15/2009 5:27 PM

"Aaaahhhhrrrrrgg!"

The Khimera yanked her head back as the Wombear bit into the fleshy part of her ear, and howled with distress as she noticed Rayne just in time to get hit by her. She closed her eyes against the slash, but still felt the Matches' talons raking across her face. Even her metal eye-guards didn't seem to help. She stumbled backwards on the roof.

Sky took one hopping leap into the air and landed heavily on the Khimera's back, pinning her down. The Khimera thrashed her tails, but Krii and Hazel dove for them, each of them grasping one and holding it flat. Tiera's claws scraped at the ground in front of her, but she couldn't pull free.

Krii said, "If you've got any rope or anythin' to hold her down with, we'd be appreciative!" He and Hazel felt her entire body shift as she tried to throw off Sky, but she was unsuccessful.

"Let me go, you--"

[402, 17, 12]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AmberGlaze » 04/15/2009 6:39 PM

Rayne smiled as she saw she was able to help weaken the mighty Khimera. Flying down to land, she immediately flashed back into her human form. Instead of the fierce Matches, there stood a tiny, innocent little girl. Staring wide-eyed at the Khimera, Rayne blinked before she started to tremble a little.

Timber took pleasure to hearing the Khimera yowl like that, and released her grip as the others help to pin her down. Timber then noticed a trembling Rayne, and ran to her side. Holding the little girl tightly, she turned and glared at the Khimera, her dark eyes trying to make a hole in the beast's very heart. But as Rayne heard they needed rope, she sprung to her backpack. At once she began pulling out a long piece of thick, neon orange rope. Stumbling over to the Khimera, she handed the rope to Hazel as Timber walked over to help her bound the beast's arms and legs.

"So, Miss. Care to explain why you robbed a poor, innocent creature?"
Timber snarled.
ImageImageImageImage

ImageImage
AmberGlaze
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items

Postby Freezair » 04/15/2009 7:37 PM

The Khimera spat at Sky's feet as the Garudor hopped off her, her legs now bound up in knots. Krii beckoned Rayne over, telling her to help with the tails. Once they could stop her from striking, they'd be in the clear. Hazel took the offered rope and wrapped it tightly around the creature's tubed tails, turning them in on theirselves.

The Khimera looked daggers at Rayne. "Pssh. 'Poor woman?' Neither of those is any true, far as I can tell. I can smell your body producing magic gravine... Something that only those who've had the very expensive Eternal Love's Elixir can do--"

Krii slapped Tiera across the side of her muzzle, making her growl. "Don't you dare say those kinds of things about Hazel!" The Shinzo was wide-eyed, and retreating sorrowfully behind Sky's legs.

"Don't let that--" Sky's eyes flicked toward Rayne. "--petty thief get you down, Hazel. We know who you really are."

"Rich little slimeballs like you don't need what you've got," Tiera hissed. "I'm trying to make a living, here!"

"Ya ever think of getting a job?"

Tiera snapped at his feet, sending him wheeling back. "Have you ever tried when you can't afford to take a shower so you don't smell like garbage?"

Krii looked thoughtful. "I guess not... But just because you're having a hard time doesn't mean you can threaten to kill people! My God, disproportionate retribution!"

[403, 18, 13]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AmberGlaze » 04/16/2009 3:26 PM

Timber blinked and stared with disbelief. Turning towards Hazel, she narrowed her eyes in wonder, then glanced back at the Khimera.

"What do you mean she's not poor or a woman?"
She said, as Rayne widened her eyes.

Bouncing up to the Khimera's side, Rayne stared into its eyes...and hugged the beast. Regardless of its size and ability to kill her instantly, she gave it a huge hug as tiny child tears ran down her saddened face. Rayne turned towards the group and stroked Tiera's fur.

"Can't you see? She just has had a lot of bad stuff happen to her. She's not evil or anything!" She protested, at Timber grabbed her hand in an effort to bring her away.

But Rayne remained firm and glared at Timber, who reluctantly let her go.

"If it were you, TimTim, you would want help. And so would everybody else. But stealing-"
She said, looking back at the Khimera, "Is very VERY wrong!"
ImageImageImageImage

ImageImage
AmberGlaze
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items

Postby Freezair » 04/16/2009 8:13 PM

Snarling, Tiera whipped her head at the little girl now clinging to her. Her useless, bound tails trashed. She gave the child a poisonous look, but did nothing else.

"Allow me to spell it out for you, then, child," Tiera snarled. "That Shinzo is a man. A very rich man who can go around pretending to be a woman--"

Her fists shaking, the flames on her back flaring, Hazel stepped up. "Not that rich," she sneered, looking down at Tiera. "With the increase in wages, Eternal Love's Elixir is not so expensive anymore. And," she added, her face more venemous than any Khimera sting, "I am very much a woman, though I wouldn't expect an ignorant little street-rat like you to understand my history. While I sympathize with your plight, your methods show little regard for what others think. Having been in your place, you ought to be more considerate--"

"Yeah! You tell 'er, Hazel!" Krii shook his fist vehemently.

Cooly, trying not to look frightened, Sky said, "Rayne. Step back. Please. We need to figure out what to do with her."

[404, 19, 14]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AmberGlaze » 04/21/2009 5:38 PM

Rayne blinked in surprise as the Khimera spoke, and widened her eyes in wonder. Timber however, just shook her head in disbelief. Although the little girl could sense the Khimera was not so happy to be cradled like so, Rayne continued to hold her head...and even began to rock her as if the 250 pound beast was a baby! Timber snarled, but again, obeyed Rayne's piercing eyes.

"What to do with her? Well that's obvious! We are going to let her go!" Rayne declared reaching to untie the ropes.

Timber smacked her head again in disbelief and this time ignored Rayne's protests. Grabbing the child's wrists, she held her close.

"Let her go? She was ready to kill all of us just a moment ago!"

Rayne thrashed around wildly in Timber's grip and shook her head.

"She was just scared! And we can't call her names or not forgive her, or else we turn into exactly what we didn't wanna be! Everyone has some good inside it, I know it!"
ImageImageImageImage

ImageImage
AmberGlaze
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items

Postby Freezair » 04/21/2009 8:04 PM

"Get off me," the Khimera snarled.

"Well, whatever the case, we can't be vigilantes," Sky said, shaking her head. Her eyes were wise, patient, and exhausted. "But neither can we just let her go. She did break the law, and she DOES seem dangerous. We should take her to the police."

"Yeah. What with the photographic evidence we got an' everything, should have no problems lockin' her up."

Hazel looked almost smug. "Well, what do you know? That might be just what you need. A time to get your head in the right place... and that roof over your head and steady job you want."

Tiera grumbled, but did not reply.

"She's too big for me to carry alone, though," Sky sighed. "Rayne? I hate to ask this of you, but how much weight can you lift while you fly? I don't want to put a burden on you, but if you could help me fly her down..."

[405, 20, 15]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AmberGlaze » 04/22/2009 3:45 PM

Rayne ignored the Khimera's protests, and widened her eyes at the mention of taking Tiera to the police.

"NOOOOOO! No no no no no no no!" She shrieked, stomping her feet hard on the roof.

Timber winced as Rayne shook her head so fast she thought the girl might get whiplash. When Rayne's tantrum finally ended, she crossed her arms and glared heavily at the others.

"NO. I WILL NOT help you carry her to the police. And," She said, grabbing the photos in her hand, "I WILL NOT let you use my photos as evidence!" She screamed.

And as Timber gasped, Rayne ripped the photos in half, then in fourths. And then lastly, the human girl let them flow off of the roof.
ImageImageImageImage

ImageImage
AmberGlaze
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items

PreviousNext