Welcome to the Dead Coast, home to the world's largest bucket of salt! Located nearest the Re'nee Sea, this small port-city is home for all opportunists who would gather the sea's salt deposits left on the shores and sell them for profit. (+2 to Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Dead Coast

vacation {{palmie hunt, open}}

Postby Carlie » 04/08/2009 6:37 PM

ImageImage
Two yonyuus walked across the shore, side by side. The one to the left of the pair was a dreamsnare yonuu named Lyra. She appeared very content, wings moving back and forth lazily. To her right was Iris, a temple yonyuu. She was grinning and her eyes showed her excitement. She loved the beach. "I wish Avarin could have come, she would love it here." Lyra chuckled. "I don't think so, she's never been a fan of the water." Her voice sounded soft and kind. Iris nodded, remembering that. Maybe that was why she had said she "didn't feel well". That did sound like her. Oh well. It's nice here anyway, she though, looking out into the water.

When the lit match hit accelerant, we were just two kids back then. Words were few, we let our bodies do the talking for us both. Those days I felt less counterfeit, trouble hadn’t found me yet. Big city love, never sleeps until the skyline sun turns red.
It was always only you, I’m sorry there’s no proof of that, I’ll try to get back to the days you knew, I always told the truth.
It was always only you...

-TRUST FOR LIARS

zoo pen//wishlist//trades
Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 309
Donate

Re: vacation {{palmie hunt, open}}

Postby Carlie » 04/29/2009 5:20 PM

Lyra walked slowly up to the shore as she watched the waves come towards them and then crash. Iris was busying herself with looking at the seashells. "Look at this one, Lyra! It's so pretty!" Iris held in her paw a small, delicate looking shell. The colors reminded her of an opal. Lyra smiled and then looked back at the ocean with a sigh. So many memories were associated with with the beach. Some of them were a bit painful but others made remembering her life before, remembering him, worth it...

When the lit match hit accelerant, we were just two kids back then. Words were few, we let our bodies do the talking for us both. Those days I felt less counterfeit, trouble hadn’t found me yet. Big city love, never sleeps until the skyline sun turns red.
It was always only you, I’m sorry there’s no proof of that, I’ll try to get back to the days you knew, I always told the truth.

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 05/07/2009 6:35 PM

(If this topic is still active, I'd like to join :) )

Image Image

Skywatcher, a Common Yonyuu, trotted along the seashore, trailed by a speedy Ska. Skywatcher stopped abruptly and fluttered her wings in the light breeze that flowed through Dead Coast. "Isn't it beautiful?" Skywatcher asked.
Gizmo, the Ska, only nodded. Actually becoming bored, Gizmo decided to make a tiny tornado for some slight amusement. Swirling around in circles, going faster and faster with each twist, Gizmo made a micro-tornado form.
Skywatcher laughed. "Gizmo, honestly. Are you seriously THAT bored?"
Gizmo blinked humorously, but suddenly lost control of his twister. The tiny twister flew outward, straight toward a Temple and a Dreamsnare Yonyuu sitting not that far away.
Uh oh... Skywatcher thought. "Look out!"

Skywatcher: (1/5)
Gizmo: (1/5)

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 506
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby Carlie » 05/10/2009 7:31 PM

Lyra and Iris had moved a bit closer to the water. Iris was walking in it, the cool liquid covering her paws. She splashed around as she walked. Look out! Lyra heard someone yell. She turned to see a mini tornado rushing towards them. More towards Iris, who unfortunately did not hear the common yonyuu's warning. "Iris, move!", Lyra exclaimed but it was too late. The tornado had hit Iris, causing Iris to lose her balance and fall into the water. "What the..." Iris sat up and looked around, trying to figure out what had made her fall.

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 05/10/2009 8:10 PM

"Oh dear," Skywatcher said as the Yonyuu fell into the water. She leapt up into the air and flew over to the fallen temple Yonyuu, Gizmo trailing behind her. "I'm so sorry for that! Are you alright?"
Gizmo flew around Iris nonchalantly, not really aware of what just happened. When he saw Iris in the water, he cocked his head in confusion.
"Please ignore my friend here," Skywatcher said. "He," she said pointing at the Ska, "Is Gizmo. I am Skywatcher, or Sky. Whichever you prefer." Sky reached out a paw to help pull Iris up. "May I ask your names?"

Skywatcher: (2/5)
Gizmo: (2/5)

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby Carlie » 05/19/2009 5:14 PM

Iris sat up and saw them coming towards her. "Don't worry, it's fine." she said, shaking some water out of her fur. "I'm Iris, and my friend is Lyra." Lyra nodded her head and gave a small smile in acknowledgment of them.

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 05/19/2009 5:29 PM

(Oh, hai! X3)

"Hello, Lyra, Iris. I'm really sorry again for my friend here nocking you down. He's weird about that sometimes," Sky said with a wink. "Gizmo, you should say you're sorry, too."
Being unable to speak, Gizmo just dipped his head.
"Anyway..." Sky began. "We came here to hunt for Palmies! If by any slight chance you are, too, we could team up!" Sky smiled. "After all, more eyes equals greater odds."

Skywatcher: (3/5)
Gizmo: (3/5)

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Carlie » 05/19/2009 6:58 PM

A palmie? Actually, the thought hadn't crossed either of their minds. "Well that does sound like fun." Iris gave Lyra a questioning look to see if she wanted to start looking for a palmie. Lyra nodded again. "Sure, why not?" She answered. Iris grinned. This would be fun.

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 05/19/2009 7:37 PM

"Awesome!" Sky exclaimed, happy to have someone to hunt with. After a few heartbeats she said, "Actually, I have no idea where a Palmie might be. Do you have any idea, Gizmo?"
Gizmo thought for a moment, and then shook his head. He'd never even see a Palmie, let alone know anything about them.
"Darn." Skywatcher's gaze want to Iris and Lyra. "Do you have any idea where one might live?"

Skywatcher: (4/5)
Gizmo: (4/5)

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Carlie » 05/20/2009 2:35 PM

Iris was still grinning, loving the idea of hunting for a wild pet. Plus, these guys seemed nice. When asked if they no where one was, both yonyuu shook their heads. "No, sorry." Lyra said. Iris shrugged. "Well I guess we should start looking around."

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 05/20/2009 4:42 PM

"Yeah, you're right!" Sky said happily. "Alright, Gizmo. Could you search the skies for us?"
Gizmo nodded, and shot into the air with incredible speed, beginning to scan the ground immediately.
That done, Skywatcher said, "So, I figure we should search along the shore. I mean, since Palmies are like trees, I think that they'll want water. Salty or not," she added. Skywatcher began to walk along the shore, looking for anything Palmie-like.

Skywatcher: (5/5) Level Up!
Gizmo: (5/5) Level Up!

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Carlie » 05/24/2009 9:37 AM

Lyra nodded. "You're probably right." She and Iris began to walk with Skywatcher. As they walked, Iris was humming to herself. "I hope we find one!" Lyra smiled. "Yeah, I hope so too."

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 05/30/2009 4:06 PM

As Gizmo searched along the shore from the clouds, he spotted a collection of rocks on the ground near a palm tree. Flying down to the three Yonyuus, Gizmo tugged on one of Skywatcher's wings, and motioned at the rocks and tree.
"You think we should look there first?" Sky asked.
Gizmo nodded, and floated over to the indicated spot. He began scaling the tall rock spires with caution, looking for anything that may be hidden within them. Sky trotted close behind him.

Skywatcher: (1/5)
Gizmo: (1/5)

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Carlie » 06/20/2009 3:26 PM

((I'm really running low on ideas for this roleplay. ^^; I think I'm gonna take my pets out. Sorry. I've tried writing up a reply a few times but...it's not working. xD;))

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 06/20/2009 3:44 PM

(Ok, I'll take mine out,too.)

-Pets have left-

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate