Welcome to the Dead Coast, home to the world's largest bucket of salt! Located nearest the Re'nee Sea, this small port-city is home for all opportunists who would gather the sea's salt deposits left on the shores and sell them for profit. (+2 to Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Dead Coast

Re: Back at it again, typically. {Private: Me & Lady Erebos}

Postby Jessari » 04/20/2009 3:27 PM

Rumple couldn't care less about the creature's critical inspection of him. Or rather, he cared, but not enough for it to break his calm demeanor. He knew the hearts, combined with his pink and purple fur, made him look like a wimp. It had been pointed out to him many times before, and probably would be pointed out for the rest of his life. But when Xavi touched upon his name...

He couldn't stop it, didn't want to. A growl, deep and deceptively quiet, vibrated his chest as Xavi laughed derisively at him. His ears flattened, his lips raised to show sharp, glistening teeth, and his tails flicked angrily, stirring dust and sand into the air. Although he made no move to attack, he crouched lower to the ground as if readying himself to leap at the creature's...throat, or whatever served as his throat.

"For someone who so desperately requires a guide, you take no care to endear yourself to anyone. The woods might prove to be even more dangerous than usual for someone with such a charming personality, Xavi." Laugh all you want, you wastling son of a dung beetle, he thought. Had the insect actually remembered his full name, there would have been a fight, no question about it. However, he had still come very close to pushing Rumple over the edge.

Rumple 2/2
Feed me chicky nuggies and chokky milk.

This is the way...

Jessari
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 673
Donate

Re: Back at it again, typically. {Private: Me & Lady Erebos}

Postby Jessari » 05/03/2009 6:35 PM

Rumple had half-hoped that Xavi would take a swipe at him with one of those sharp blades; it would have given him a good reason to fight back. Rumplestiltskin. The infernal, idiotic name that he had been saddled with at birth. Being called something like that would be enough to get anyone's dander up.

But the insect took a more civil tone, trying to keep peace. It didn't seem to be something he was used to doing, for he did it fairly badly. Rumple sniffed at being called a 'little guy', but relaxed his posture. The fur which had stood up about his neck and shoulders settled back into place. Xavi wasn't forgiven, not even close, but the burning need to attack him had passed. It wasn't in Rumple's nature to be so direct, but even he could be pushed into brash action at times. Now the insult smouldered in a quiet place deep within him, there to rest until his cool, calculating mind found the best way to exact payment.

He flicked an ear idly, wondering if Xavi's master would reward him by allowing him to take the Beetanke's life. Probably not. "Good deeds aren't my style, but I'm rather bored at the moment. If I can cure my boredom and get a reward at the same time, that's more up my alley. Now tell me, what brings you to the forest? What is my task to be?"

Rumple 3/2
Feed me chicky nuggies and chokky milk.

This is the way...

Jessari
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 673
Donate

Previous