Welcome to the Dead Coast, home to the world's largest bucket of salt! Located nearest the Re'nee Sea, this small port-city is home for all opportunists who would gather the sea's salt deposits left on the shores and sell them for profit. (+2 to Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Dead Coast

Who are you? (Private Palmie Hunt)

Postby Juniperstar45 » 05/01/2009 11:12 PM

.:Glace:.

A lean dusty blonde haired man walked down the beach, an ancient scroll in his left fist. His hand clamped down hard on the torn paper, it looked very worn down. Craning his neck, he glanced up at the pier overlooking the beach. A few people had stopped to stare at the odd man and he shot a word of warning through his eyes. They immediately fled from the outcropping, their faces either in a mask of guilt or surprise. He hissed at the one female that giggled at him. Plopping down on the bleached white log on the sand, Glace sighed and shook his head staring at his long hands. His entire frame shivered and shook until he shrunk down, only a few inches because he is so tall, and he rocked back on his peach furred haunches. He seemed to relate better in his Lucain form, maybe he could grieve better without the audience. I mean really, nobody cares if a puppy the size of a horse starts balling on a log! A tear trickled down his pink cheek; he swiped it away and stared pensively at it. Scraping his paws against the wood he carved some random doodles. Will I ever forget? Or is everything going to remind me of her? She knows...What if she was still out there, telling my secret to the world? He gasped, "She wouldn't...Would she?" Swallowing back the bile that rose in his throat, Glace adjusted his wingblades and twitched his ears. He unclenched his paw and opened up the letter, he traced over the wrinkle lines. Imagining her voice, how it was smooth and liquid, seeing her face, perfect and round with little dimples, Glace sat on the beach wanting her to come back to him.

.:1:.

((Sorry, this took me more then a minute to write xD))
I watch you...fast asleep,

~*~*~

~*~*~Image~*~*~
~*~*~

All I fear...means nothing...

Avi made by Krypto~Lyrics by Utada Hikaru
Juniperstar45
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 880
Donate

Re: Who are you? (Private Palmie Hunt)

Postby Carlie » 05/02/2009 1:48 PM

Faye took a deep breath, smelling the salty air. The sand felt warm and soft underneath her paws as she walked along the shore. She was humming softly to herself, seeming more cheerful than she usually did. She studied the people around her, trying to find someone interesting; after all, the beach was no fun alone, was it? She had tried to convince a friend of hers to come along but he had plans. That didn't bother her much, she had no problem conversing with a stranger. Suddenly, she saw a male lucain who looked rather upset. She tilted her head sideways a bit as she looked at him. What could be wrong? It was such a nice day. It didn't seem right that someone should be so miserable here. Deciding to find out what happened, she quickly walked towards him.

When the lit match hit accelerant, we were just two kids back then. Words were few, we let our bodies do the talking for us both. Those days I felt less counterfeit, trouble hadn’t found me yet. Big city love, never sleeps until the skyline sun turns red.
It was always only you, I’m sorry there’s no proof of that, I’ll try to get back to the days you knew, I always told the truth.
It was always only you...

-TRUST FOR LIARS

zoo pen//wishlist//trades
Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 309
Donate

Postby Juniperstar45 » 05/09/2009 12:51 PM

His paw caressed the message, mind wondering away. His head flickered back to the sand and he began to finally feel the heat of it on his pelt. He sighed and felt comforted by the heat, a tiny billow of cool air came from his breathe. Maybe all those years locked up in a room didn't serve him too well, it was making him cold. He motioned in the air with his long paws the tune to his music. Blinking into the sun, Glace watch it for a moment, the way his newly found brother did. And the way his friend used to. She's gone now, forget her, he thought stubbornly to himself. Getting up from the withered log he almost ran into a female lucain, a blank look crossing his face. "Uh, hello." He greeted side stepping for her to pass. But she didn't and he began to become nervous, "I'm sorry ma'am, I didn't mean to get in you're way like that. Completely uncalled for I would say, please forgive me." His eyes burned with regret while he looked down at her. He turned away from the female and started to pad away. Turning back around to see her staring at him, he gulped and looked away again. It's probably because I'm a giant!  

.:2:.

((Sorry about the wait! Life's pretty hectic now-a-days...xD))

~*~*~

~*~*~Image~*~*~
~*~*~

Juniperstar45
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Carlie » 05/09/2009 3:07 PM

((It's alright. :3))

Her ocean-blue eyes studied the lucain in front of her. "No, don't worry. Are you alright?" She asked, feeling a pang of sympathy for him. Sure, she didn't always seems to be the nicest person ever, but she hated seeing anyone this upset. As he started to turn away, she realized that she didn't want him to leave. Maybe talking to someone could make him feel better. It was worth a try, anyway. "Don't go!" She mentally scolded herself, she must seem so pathetic. "I mean...what's wrong?" She asked, voice sounding sympathetic.

When the lit match hit accelerant, we were just two kids back then. Words were few, we let our bodies do the talking for us both. Those days I felt less counterfeit, trouble hadn’t found me yet. Big city love, never sleeps until the skyline sun turns red.
It was always only you, I’m sorry there’s no proof of that, I’ll try to get back to the days you knew, I always told the truth.

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Juniperstar45 » 05/11/2009 11:58 PM

Glace stiffened at the little plea the female gave, it sounded odd that someone would want him around. He turned slowly and watched the young one for a long moment. His peach fur rippled in the slight breeze that carried the scent of fried fish sticks. His gaze was almost penetrating, the way his eyes where constantly shimmering was odd too. Blinking a few times he turned to face her completely, "Yes ma'am, absolutely fine." His tone was a little too strained to be just 'fine'. He debated internally on whether he should have walked away but he shook his head visibly. No, just a little conversation wouldn't kill you. "Not to be rude or anything, but, I request that we don't talk about that, please." It was almost like begging in a sense. It would hurt him to much to talk about it. The song in the back of his head stopped to give him silence for a moment. He rocked on his heels, swaying from the pain that had shot through him. "Of course, feel free to talk to me about anything ma'am." He smiled politely but it vanished as soon as the song began again.

.:3:.

~*~*~

~*~*~Image~*~*~
~*~*~

Juniperstar45
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Carlie » 05/17/2009 4:32 PM

Faye smiled slightly. She nodded when he asked not to discuss what had been upsetting him. That would be fine, she could understand that. Maybe she could help by just talking to him, taking his mind off whatever it was. "The name's Faye." She said. "And you are?"

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Juniperstar45 » 05/17/2009 5:14 PM

Glace looked semi-uncomfortable talking to the young female. He was never really one to express his feelings with words. He shuffled his feet slightly and nodded in acknowledge, "Well, ma'am, um, Faye." He stuttered over his ma'am and shook his head while he gathered his thoughts, "I'm called Glace dimanche, meaning Ice-cream Sundae." He sighed at his reached name. But it did stand for him; it was a wonder why people would enjoy his ice-cream. He didn't dare even think the ingredients that went inside, half the time he didn't even trust himself. Glace stiffened and corrected his sentence, "But please Lady Faye, call me Glace." It didn't matter if he was referred to as Ice...

.:4:.

~*~*~

~*~*~Image~*~*~
~*~*~

Juniperstar45
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Carlie » 05/21/2009 10:53 AM

It was unusual for Faye to not start flirting right away, as she always did. It seemed that she was now more focused on cheering him up. "Nice to meet ya, Glace." She smiled. "So...what are you doing here on the beach?", she asked. It was the only way she could think of to start conversation.

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Juniperstar45 » 06/10/2009 10:31 PM

Glace sidestepped a few times on the hot sand. It made him uncomfortable to stare at the female for too long. "Eh, same." He immediately reverted to his bored tone. Noticing the change in his voice he shook his head to clear away the thought. It was rude to be mean to someone, and he just wasn't like that. "Well, I live right down there." His tail gestured to the beach house that had been disowned for years. From a distance you couldn't tell that is was refurbished. "I work on the gardens outside..." He gulped and backed up a few paces, "Sorry, I'd love to chat, Lady Faye, but I must be off. I uh, got things to do...You know loose ends to tie!" Glace smiled a rather shaky smile for a split second then turned around and walked away slowly. He looked rather depressed. Maybe instead of telling her good bye, he was actually trying to invite her in. His own specail way of saying hello.

.:5:.

((He's a little to emo right now xD I bet if you get him warmed up he'd love her x3 Oh and sorry I haven’t posted in a while...Finals *grumbles*))

~*~*~

~*~*~Image~*~*~
~*~*~

Juniperstar45
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Carlie » 06/15/2009 5:11 PM

((It's fine. xD))

When he mentioned living nearby, Faye glanced in the direction he had gestured towards. Living on a beach must be nice. Faye was more of a city girl, but something about the beach was always so relaxing. She loved it. When he said he had to go, it almost seemed that he didn't want to leave. "Really? Well it was nice meeting you." She said. "You know...you seem sort of lonely. Maybe I could come by and hang out for a while?" She smiled. She wasn't used to practically inviting herself over like that but she had a strong feeling that he didn't mind her doing so.

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Juniperstar45 » 06/28/2009 1:40 AM

Glace flinched a little at his second judgment, this could turn out horribly wrong ad you know it. A voice haunted him. That's the key word here, could. He turned his head over his shoulder. "Yes, well." He choked out, his throat closing up in agony. Just as friends. You can make friends right? He nodded, suddenly feeling a little more confident. The sun shone above him and he sighed, clearly becoming slightly more relaxed. He smiled at her, "Oh, why not?" Glace was really not a very social lucain but he could tell this girl would be persistent.

.:6:.

((*facepalm* Sorry I haven't posted in ever...>.> Life is crazy...))

~*~*~

~*~*~Image~*~*~
~*~*~

Juniperstar45
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Carlie » 06/28/2009 3:37 PM

((It's fine, I understand.))

Faye studied his face as he thought, trying to figure out what was going through his mind. She could tell when he felt more confident, and smiled. "That's great. I could use some company, too. The beach is really sort of boring alone." She laughed, starting to walk in the direction of his house.

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Juniperstar45 » 06/28/2009 8:13 PM

He paused before leading her on any further, "Erm, Lady Faye?" Glace turned around to stare at the female. He gazed down at her innocent looking eyes and shrugged, "Follow me. I'd like to give you a tour." And with that Glace padded down the hot sand, his eyes focused far away as if remembering something. He was, as anyone could imagine who has heard his life story, very reluctant to let this female in his home. Rolling his eyes at the absurdity, Glace hopped over a small sand castle with a white piece of cloth wedged in a stick like a flag. How ironic.

After a little while, the two reached an alcove of rocks, the house was neatly perched up on top. He sighed and led Faye around the back of the rocks. The little beach house was just a decoy; anyone who came down the correct way would see that he did not live there. He hopped down to a low platform made of wood, a dock some people may think of it as. Surrounding the dock was a vast shallow pool of water, its light blue almost blended into the sky. There were outcroppings of rocks almost with the same holey texture as the rocks that covered this hidden sanctuary filled with lavish green plants and blue waters. In the crevices of the large rock that had withered away with erosion over the years, Glace gestured to a large glass windowed mansion that was easily identifiable as a beach house. The glass panels rose high above the two lucain, a few birds casting long shadows against the hot rock and sand. Walking calmly towards the welcome matt woven of bamboo and straw reading, Wolves Den; Enter at Your Own Risk, he cocked his head behind him and mumbled, "Are you coming?"

.:7:.

~*~*~

~*~*~Image~*~*~
~*~*~

Juniperstar45
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Carlie » 07/09/2009 5:02 PM

Faye nodded and smiled, following him. She walked just a bit behind him, waiting to see his house up close. She jumped down to the platform after him and looked into the water. Living by it must be nice, it was so pretty. "Nice place." She said, wondering what the inside would look like.

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Juniperstar45 » 07/09/2009 5:36 PM

"Hmm..." He mused, and continued walking. There was some shimmering water in large tubes containing colorful fish. Glace paused in front of it and watched the happy fish swim contently. He continued walking, gliding on the soft, polished wooden floors. Switching off the water device pumping water to the median of grass in the center of the floor, he flipped on the lights in the chrome kitchen. "The kitchen..." His tail swished with anxiety. A small creature scuttled around the counter top, "Julius, go back to sleep. Snacking isn't good for you!" He scolded that unidentifiable blob of fur. "Sorry." Glace turned back to Faye, blinked then hurried on the tour. "I'm not the only one who lives here...In fact my entire "family" lives here..." A loud banging from upstairs cause him to tell her the trivial fact. He stepped up onto the platform leading them deeper into the labyrinth of his home. ~♪There'll be laughs and singing and music swinging. Dancing in the street!♪~ A song floated from the stairs and Glace puffed out some air in a gust angrily. "Uh, sorry about that..." He rolled his eyes, imagining his friends partying up stares.

.:8:.

((Sorry, short post xD))

~*~*~

~*~*~Image~*~*~
~*~*~

Juniperstar45
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items