Welcome to the Dead Coast, home to the world's largest bucket of salt! Located nearest the Re'nee Sea, this small port-city is home for all opportunists who would gather the sea's salt deposits left on the shores and sell them for profit. (+2 to Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Dead Coast

Re: A Summer Retreat [P]

Postby SpringsSong » 06/07/2009 2:44 PM

When they got back to the resort, Armina and Ra'car retreated to the balcony while Lor'isa settled down in a comfortable chair and took out a pad of manuscript paper.  L'irksel laughed as she said, "Are you seriously transcribing another jazz tune?", and Lor'isa nodded.  "Yes, I am--I promised Armina I would help her transcribe a tune or two for her recital." Here, she looked out the window at the two.  "I have an ill feeling now... something is not right here."

"What could be wrong?" L'irksel asked.

Armina smiled as she looked out over the Dead Coast.  "This place is so beautiful, Ra'car... I'm so glad I got to come here with you." She said, turning and looking at Ra'car, her blue eyes gleaming in the sunset's glow.

"Armina... I am just as glad that I am here with you as you are to be with me.  I am probably the luckiest guy on the face of Evelon right now... because I have you here with me." Ra'car said, smiling as he ran his hand through Armina's hair.

[4.1 x4]
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 06/07/2009 3:16 PM

"But... what could it be?" L'irksel asked, and Lor'isa shuddered as she said, "I sense pain and destruction... and fear; yes, a lot of fear.  I feel Ice and Fire at the same time... two are enflamed with a passion to annihilate the Rose-Angel and her Gardener--even I, the Leaf-Angel.  We ought to warn them..."

But, even as Lor'isa said this, she turned to the window just in time to see Ra'car bring Armina's face closer to his.  L'irksel laughed as she said, "Maybe in another minute or so?"

"Armina... do you remember that dance, so many years ago?  The one where you were dragged away from me and into another realm?" Ra'car asked, and Armina laughed as she said, "Yes, I do.  I also seem to recall that I told you to care for my Life-Rose, yet you came through to this realm with me.  Then... then they came..." here, Armina sighed as she looked into Ra'car's eyes.  He brought his face ever closer to hers...

...until their lips touched, gently.

[4.2 x4]

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 06/07/2009 7:25 PM

Even as Lor'isa and L'irksel moved towards the balcony door, hesitant to open the door and interrupt this perfect moment that had been delayed 300 years for Armina and Ra'car, a sharp roar rattled all four into reality.  Armina was the firs to react; "I know that roar..." she groaned, clinging to Ra'car and whimpering.  The other gave a sharp cry as he took his Sygriff form, leaping away from Armina and saying, "Get inside and hide!  Have Lor'isa and L'irksel protect you!"

"But Ra'car!" Armina protested; however, Lor'isa had already opened the door and was dragging Armina inside, saying, "Ra'car knows what he's doing, Armina; you just have to trust him now."

"She is right, Armina.  He knows what he's doing."

Even as this new voice spoke, Armina whirled around and shot vines out of her hands, while Lor'isa sent a flurry of leaves out of hers.  However, it was L'irksel that spoke.

"And why are you in here instead of out there with your Destroyer buddies, huh?!  Decided to try and take them down yourself?  After all Armina did for you, offering you her help even though you rejected it, you vow to kill her?!"

"Your friend here has a fiery tongue, Armina;" N'car'en said, "but, fortunately for both of you, she is mistaken."

"Prove it!" Armina said as she curled rose vines around N'car'en's neck.

[4.3 x4][3.1 x3]

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 06/08/2009 10:34 AM

Ra'car let out another piercing cry as he flew towards the Aqua Battleheart.  "A'enya'ri." He said plainly.

Ra'car, my dearest. A'enya'ri said silkily, but Ra'car answered to this by swiping his talong across her arm.  "I thought I was clear enough when I straight-up asked Armina out in front of you, A'enya'ri; I cannot associate with a Destroyer." He said as he flew up and over to land on A'enya'ri's back to attempt to take her out that way, but when he saw, Naraka, he let out another cry as he said, "I knew I was wrong to think that we were out of any danger... I ought to have known that you would have taken the first opportunity to attack."

"And your first clue to that would have been...?" Naraka asked, smirking.

"The fact that Armina said that you only ever go to Nabias, Lamenolai, and the Fe'gan Mountains every summer and believing you.  I told her never to trust a Destroyer." Ra'car answered.

N'car'en gasped as the vines curled around his neck, trying to gasp out a few words.  "I could... never... hurt you... or  Lor--"

"I didn't say talk, I said prove it!" Armina said, slowly releasing the vines from his neck.  "If you say you could never hurt me, or Lor, call off your friends and tell them you've had a change of heart."

"Tried... that aready, Armina.  They... were not amused.  That's why they sent me in here alone and why they are attacking from outside..."

[4.4 x4][3.2 x3]

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 06/08/2009 12:12 PM

Maybe you should have had your girlfriend watch her tongue those last couple days in band, then, Ra'car.  You may have thought that... we were not listening because we were doing other things, but we heard you talking about coming out here.  It was merely a matter of contacting Naraka and N'car'en for me. A'enya'ri said, smirking as she unleashed a tongue of fire from her mouth.  Ra'car spun out of the way and flew rapidly towards the balcony, only to see N'car'en there.  Almost instantly he landed and ran into the hotel room, and, of course, A'enya'ri and Naraka followed.

"Step AWAY from Armina, N'car'en!" Ra'car said as the Fellox-human walked closer to the human-form Sygriff.  However, it was Lor'isa who spoke next; "Ra'car, he's trying to help us--I know that's hard to believe, but..."

"Ra'car... please.  Let him help us." Armina said, followed by L'irksel's plea of, "He was just hurt after Armina gave up on him and went for you, Ra'car.  He never meant to hurt her..."

[5.0 x4][3.3 x3]

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous