A city of white and silver, doctors from all over the world come to converge here and find work. Hospitals of all kinds decorate the white walkways of the city. There are many notable ones you can visit if your pet is in need of some attention. (+3 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Medicai City

Re: What happened and Who are You?

Postby Moofius » 11/14/2009 5:25 AM

He really was old. There was no way Revolutionary could hack his sytem for control. Everything was controlled by the creatures brain, a computer even Revolutionary couldn't hack.
"The Elder Mystiquotl!" He huffed, at least he'd stopped struggling, "I have already told you that I cannot take you to the Mistress, for she would be displeased if I were to bring you to her without her direct permission."

Obviously the scene the two (mostly) robots had made was attracting attention and, from the look of the angry guard, it was bad attention. He had a tazer, but he had not drawn it yet.
Over weight only slightly he was fairly healthy and didn't seem to be the type to back down from a threat.
"Is there a problem here?"

Maybe it would be a good idea to get out of here.
"I can get away if he catches us, you cannot. Better put me down The Elder Mystiquotl, or you'll be in trouble. Velix have rights too."
It was true that velix were considered pets. You couldn't go around abusing them, maybe more then other pets, but threatening harm on others was probably a bad (unintentional move) on both their parts.
"Tick tock The Elder Mystiquotl. What will you do? Go to jail for nothing or get away with nothing?"
Or get away with something. He still had Revolutionary. He just had to get past the guard either through lies or violence.

(( Erm... I'll talk to you about this post. Sorry it's so late. XDX! ))
Image :.: The Sun Will Always Shine For The Imperials :.: Image
:.: Let Us Free You From The Darkness Of Ignorance And Weakness :.:

PenWishBreedJournalTradeRecord
Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1065
Donate

Postby Mojave » 12/01/2009 1:16 AM

Ignoring Revolutionary, Mys smiled at the guard, though it was a vicious thing. "No, officer. I am trying to get the coordinates to a friend's house, this little machine was built by her to help me find her and I'm having difficulties getting it to work." He squeezed Rev at this point, hinting at him to play along- or else. "Unfortunately, she gave it a mouth and personality- silly inventors, always going overboard." He waved the cop off and as he turned to leave, he snarled at Rev.

"Then I suggest you get in contact with her."

He ignored everything Rev said, determined to either talk to this 'mistress' or at least find out where she was in order to find and confront her.
Pen . Docs . Sales . Wishes . About . RP Records . Journal . DA . FR
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 584
Donate

Postby Moofius » 12/01/2009 1:54 AM

The officer frowned at that particular smile; no he really wouldn't back down easily.
"I was not, Officer," The velix pouted which only got him a glare from the officer. He didn't seem to be the type to trust a machine over an organism, strike one against the velix, "He is not a friend, The Elder Mystiquotl is a liar."
"... Hmph," The officer hitched his belt up, "I get that. Knowledge is a dangerous thing in the wrong hands. I hope you get to where you want to be but I'm going to have to ask you to take it outside. You're antics are frightening the other patients here."
The velix huffed, obviously getting no help from this fat humanoid. From what he could tell this man was actually a taigra of some sort. Something about the way he stood, seeing as he had completely human-! Wait! He was in serious trouble!

This idea occured to the modified velix when he was threatened by his captor, "Not here. I can't here. It is a secret who she is, The Elder Mystiquotl. We go somewhere private or I won't contact my Mistress!"
He was in no position to threaten the gyrraptor but then the gyrraptor only had the velix. He had no other way to find his Mistress. In that Revolutionary had something that would keep him safe.

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 09/09/2010 1:51 AM

"Understood, officer; thank you." He followed the taigra's advice and started heading outside again. However, the next bit of stalling from the velix made something in Mys snap. He was tired, hungry, and now had the identity of the person that made him into this failed science fair project dangled in front of him by this obnoxious little robot.

"Fine. We'll go somewhere private."

He headed past the elevators, and his robotic eye caught the sign, "Holding capacity of 1,000 lbs". Idly, he wondered when that change had been made, and was about to head through the doors to the stairs when he realized his choice. Exhaust himself going down the stairs and risk letting go of Rev to lose him permanently.... or take the elevator and have that private chat. He stopped in his tracks and considered- he was only 500 lbs all together at his estimate. But no way he was over 1,000 pounds. He returned to the button pad between the elevators and pushed a summoning button. Immediately, a ping sounded as the doors to his left swung open. It was blessedly empty as he entered.

Once the doors closed, he looked at Rev again and glared meaningfully at the robot. "I've had it with your aversions. Since you won't tell me willingly, despite all the times I've asked, I'll just force it out of you." He switched his grip to the velix's neck and began to squeeze, intending to break the more flexible material in that part of the body. "So now you've got a choice to make. Either tell me what I want to know or I'll break you and wait and see who comes to get you. Surely they'll give me what I want in exchange for you."
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 04/19/2012 10:52 PM

Revolutionary didn't have to breathe but he had enough sensors (and sense) to know that getting his neck crushed, although not as detrimental too organics as it was to him, would almost for sure shut him down. It would be something he could not fix without help and it was only him and The Elder Mystiquotl in this tiny box.

The robot's sigh was not an organic sound, it seemed more like the little computer was simulating a sigh by increasing the speed of his cooling fans, "She is in The Slums, but she is well hidden. Even if I told you the address you would not find my Mistress. Not without me."
The camera-lens eyes of the robot added their own, high whirring as his artificial pupils dilated to dangerous looking slits, "If you break Revolutionary she will send somebody, but it won't be the welcome party, The Elder Mystiquotl," his voice was quiet and lower and it would have sounded threatening if his voice wasn’t a few octaves higher than normal and in the territory or super annoying.

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 04/20/2012 12:33 AM

It was at this moment that he elevator pinged again and the doors slid open. Still holding Rev by the neck, he exited the clinic and slipped down an alley to his immediate right. Once they were alone again, he held Rev back up to his line of sight.

"I do not want to find her without you. And as for who comes for you or how they will receive me, I do not care for either. All I want is to meet the blasted woman who did this to me!" He indicated with his free hand his partially mechanical body. However, he had tired of the arguing and his stamina was sub par to arguing anymore. "Look, Revolutionary." He switched tactics, hoping to appeal to his  better nature.. or programming. "I am dying. Do you compute that? My biological body cannot support these parts anymore. And I don't want to die."

A sadness had come into his biological eye, and while his grip tightened around Rev's throat to make sure he couldn't squirm free, he had at last given voice to his dire situation.
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 04/21/2012 11:26 PM

The little robot paused, his mouth slightly open. It was hard to read emotion but almost anyone could try and fool themselves into seeing empathy on his little face. Or anyone could until the dial tone of phone came through his open mouth, followed by the sound of a phone number being entered, followed by silence. The silence seemed to go on forever as the wireless robot was put through and the phone started to ring.

The thing rang at least 10 times, which is just unheard of. There was no answering machine though and no automatic voice coming on to tell them the line didn’t exist or clearly nobody was answering. Until somebody was.

“Hello, EXP47.2ROB?” The voice was that of a woman, an annoyed woman, “What do you want? Do you need someone to pick you up again?”
Her irritation was now impossible to mistake and the robot fidgeted a bit, “Mistress, an old project, I found it. Did you see him transmitting?” the little robot, still held tightly by the gyrraptor, moved his mouth as if he was speaking. Was it programming or did he really need to make the sounds? With his piece said the robot spotted moving his mouth and the voice of the woman came through again, the robot not needing to move his jaw for the sound to flow.

“Is he there?” the sigh sounded.... exasperated? Perhaps that was just the quality of the call or some sort of feedback as the woman typed away at a keyboard nearby, “This is on speaker, isn’t it?”
A mix of irritation and exasperation plus more typing.

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 04/26/2012 5:37 PM

He had missed the 'empathetic' expression the smaller robot directed at him, instead, withdrawing into himself to try and figure out his options if he really couldn't find the one responsible for his shoddy condition. However, at the sound of the ringing phone, he looked up, his expression changing from subdued to curious, to uncertain, and then plain disturbed as Rev relayed the conversation. At the woman's inquiry, he turned his head sideways so his living eye could focus better, snout still twisted in an obvious 'what the fuck' expression.

Yy...esss.. You are on speaker phone... He hesitantly responded for Rev, determined he wouldn't let the smaller raptor respond for him. My name is Mystiquotl. His expression swirled back to anger as he asked his next question, Are you the one who did this to me?!

He hadn't intended to become rude, but in his defense, he was rather tired and had been jerked around enough by Revolutionary. However, he managed to keep himself quiet as he waited for a response.
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 04/26/2012 6:02 PM

A woman sat alone at her desk. The hour was late and the lab was quiet, quieter than usual. During the day the experiments tended to be more vocal, or maybe it was just because she rushed around during the day. The night was quiet, a time reserved for catching up with recording her data. All the lights were off, the only light coming from the cool glow of the screen in front of her and the smaller, red light on the phone to signify that it was on speakerphone.

After she asked her last question she pressed a button on the phone, it clicked into place and the recorder attached to the phone started to record the background sound of the streets of Medicai.

With the call recording the woman turned back to her screen, pushed back the insistent wayward strand of kinky red hair and started typing again. She was trying to see what on earth EXP47.2ROB had found when it spoke. Male but beyond that Hat’tia had no clue, so when he snapped at her the typing paused, red eyes flaring dangerously at the phone.

“EXP47.2ROB,” she said his name as “Ee-ex-pee forty-seven point two are-oh-bee”, “has told me that you are transmitting, which I have received. So yes, it’s quite clear that I did something to you. As for this, well that is vague enough to be absolutely useless information. EXP47.2ROB, specs?”

The woman who could be just about anywhere did not seem distressed or bothered by Mystiquotl’s outburst, nor concerned in anyway as the robot gave a basic description of Mystiquotl. Species, gender, ratio of organic to  inorganic parts; Rev relayed it all quickly, the woman on the other end typing away, her keystrokes loud and unabashed as she “umm hmm”ed her way through each little fact. She didn’t seem to interested in anything the gyrraptor (yes, she knew what it was now, a step forward) had to say.

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous