A city of white and silver, doctors from all over the world come to converge here and find work. Hospitals of all kinds decorate the white walkways of the city. There are many notable ones you can visit if your pet is in need of some attention. (+3 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Medicai City

Just Sleep Already! (P)

Postby Moofius » 12/29/2009 10:49 PM

This post is epically long because it's actually a recap of EPIC proprotions! Srsly. D8

Moofius wrote:I'm fine though...
The fallen came towards her anyway. All this running around had made him look more exhausted then when he'd first arrived. He looked and acted like what he'd originally claimed, that he hadn't slept in 7 days. He tried to lick the blood away but the stitches prevented him and he winced, shaking his head again. The pressure at the back of his mind seemed to intensify.
I just want to sleep... The thought was meant to be for himself but was sent over the connection he'd established with Elixir. Talking like this, talking at all, he hated it and was terrible at it. He ran a big paw over his eyes, and nose, smearing the blood into the fur on his forearm and face.
I'm sorry, are you alright? I don't mean to I'm....
I'm what? Scared? No, terrified.

Shrewdberry wrote:
She was glad when Dez didn't struggle and just walked over to her. She felt pity again for the poor thing as he thought about sleeping. He did look extremely tired, which was, of course, understandable, considering he hadn't slept in seven days. The thought of not sleeping for seven days still baffled her. Maybe he was so tired he didn't feel like struggling anymore. The poor Fallen Luhna couldn't even lick the blood away because of his stitches.

Elixir walked over when Dez came close, stretching her neck and rubbing the tissue over his nose and fur gently, pressing her muzzle against the tissue to rub it along. With her mouth free, she could talk, too. "It's all right, Dez. I'm all right. You don't have to apologize for anything," she assured him as she moved over to his arm, the tissue rubbing the black blood away. "There we go," she meowed once she had finished cleaning the blood away. She picked the sullen tissue and brought it over to the nearest trash, right beside where the tissue box was. She then came back towards Dez, sitting down on a cushion nearby. "I could watch over you as you sleep, if you'd like, Dez." Was it the presence that he liked when his Panzer friend was with him, or was it just... the Panzer's presence and not just anyone's? But she figured that she would propose anyway, considering he was so exhausted.

Moofius wrote:One good thing about this weird talking with your thoughts thing, it let him talk while she tried to clean his face.
I'm still not use to being this big. My wings use to barely make a breeze, now I can sort of kind of fly... And I'm just bigger and I don't like it...
All these changes, hey, if you thought puberty was bad this was worse I mean, you couldn't even attempt to prepare for this kind of change. It was so... unnatural.
I was also being rude but I don't like being touched...
Even now the fur on his body was standing on end, being this close to her it felt... It felt bad. Something bad was going to happen. More pressure on his thoughts and on his mind. It felt like somebody was blowing up a balloon in his head, pressing his thoughts into a mess that was hard to understand.

That could be bad... I might hurt you. I usually have Nani around for when I'm going to sleep. Nani is big, she can wake me up. Last time it took her burning me to get me out of it. No offense but I think if I fell asleep and it happened again, as it always does, you'd get hurt... or worse.
He was so tired though, even now he was laying down. At first it was his idea a "she'll beable to reach my face better to help me," but in reality it was so he could lay down and rest. Maybe if he didn't sleep long. On the other hand he was so tired he might be hard to wake up, more then usual.
I don't like it...

Shrewdberry wrote:
"It's really okay, Dez. I understand," she assured him again, her tails flickering behind her slowly. Thinking back about it, this form wasn't even close to looking like a Preluhna, and Elixir had to wonder if any Kuhna could get turned into a patchwork experiment like poor Dez. Her fur stood on end at the thought.

As she thought, he seemed to prefer the presence of his Panzer friend to sleep, considering they were the same size. Elixir was maybe a third or even a fourth of Dez's size. She tilted her head to the side when she saw him laying down, clearly exhausted, but fighting off the sleepiness to make sure he wouldn't destroy anything or hurt anybody. "I understand your concerns," she meowed back frankly, her wings folding and unfolding as she thought about it. "But you're clearly exhausted, Dez. If I bite you or ram into you, I should be able to wake you up. What do you think?" She paused for a moment. What if her small size still made ramming and tackling and biting and scratching ineffective? What would happen then? "It's not good for your health to stay up for so long, Dez."

Dez chuckled, the sound muffled by the fact he could not open his mouth.
I think you're not listening. Nani had to set me on fire.
He put emphasis on the word, practically forcing Elixirs mind to write the word in bold, white letters in her mind. Invading others minds, making them almost think certain things, he didn't mean to do it these things just... happened. Well, now they did.
Only then did I wake up. It just keeps getting worse and worse... I don't think I can get better; or sleep.

Even though he said he couldn't sleep the big cat was curling up to do just that. Dez was exhausted in body and mind so even though he was telling Elixir "no" everything else was saying, "Yes, yes, YES!".
Image :.: The Sun Will Always Shine For The Imperials :.: Image
:.: Let Us Free You From The Darkness Of Ignorance And Weakness :.:

PenWishBreedJournalTradeRecord
Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1098
Donate

[27]

Postby Jaykobell » 12/29/2009 11:23 PM

"Ah." She shuffled her paws when he reminded her, quite firmly, that the last intervention had required his friend to burn him. And quite badly, from the sound of it. Being a regular Kuhna, Elixir didn't have any elements attached to her, save for healing, maybe. Healing, however, had an effect that was extremely different from raging fire. She couldn't quite... help him out, could she?

She lay down with him, watching him fighting off the sleepiness even more. "There has to be a source for these dreams you have, Dez." Maybe something she had meant to think, and that ended up being spoken out loud, or maybe it had really been meant to be heard. She didn't say anything after that, just thinking to herself. She wasn't very powerful, but knowing how to heal, she knew sensitive points on the body. Pressure points, they were called. Perhaps hitting one of those points would be enough to bring Dez back? Her ears flicked a little as she tried to figure this out. Maybe hitting one of the weaker parts; like the paws, the wings, or the tails, would be enough to eventually wake him up. "Well, I can't force you to go to sleep... but, Dez, I don't think your mind will allow you to stay awake much longer."
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

Re: Just Sleep Already! (P)

Postby Moofius » 12/30/2009 12:16 AM

The fallen luhna huffed sleepily, his thoughts a garbled mess of sound and colour before he cut the connection that linked the two of their minds as he drifted off. One could tell by the way he gripped the pillows beneath him and the way Dez would twitch and half open his eyes that he was still trying to fight off sleep. The fight had to end though and it did; Dez out like a light and the fight ending without a sound besides the soft in and out of the luhna's breathing.

He looked peaceful until he woke up again.

The tired yellow eyes had seemingly be replaced by brighter, more aware versions. Dez looked around, licked his lips and frowned.
Ah... So this is how he is keeping me here...
This wasn't Dez and it was obvious by the voice which was now much... older. There was a darkness to it, a sort of darkness that made his words leave a bad, bitter taste in the other kuhna's mouth. He looked over at Elixir, frowned then smiled as he stood up.
There was a pressure against her mind then, pressing against her concious thoughts; poking and prodding and feeling around as if... looking for something.
Well I don't know who you are, the voice dripped, batting a pillow out of the way, but perhaps you know something. Where are we? Is this a section of Einsors labs I have not been? If so it was rather fool hardy of him to leave me with such a... weakling.
As he spoke the pressure on her mind continued, like something was trying to get inside her head.

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

[28]

Postby Jaykobell » 12/30/2009 12:36 AM

Everything seemed to go well from then on. Dez eventually fell asleep, fighting it off even when he was obviously unable to stay awake anymore. She listened as he breathed quietly, his chest rising up and down slowly as he slept. So far, so good, she figured.

When she heard a different voice from the link she had with Dez, Elixir blinked, and then she stared as Dez woke up so soon, his eyes so different from before. She got up and stared at Dez some more, noticing the obvious change in character, and in mind, as well. She winced when she felt that pressure into her head, as if this new character was trying to do something in her head, with all this strange poking and prodding that he was doing. She shook her head and blinked when Dez started talking to her, and she stepped back out of surprise when he pushed that pillow away. "Einsor's lab?" What was that? She didn't know the Metamorphose Clinic as "Einsor's labs". To her it was just... this clinic were pets got metamorphosed. Who owned it and who did all those horrible things; it was a mystery to her. "This is the Breeding Center." Which was technically a clinic, if anyone wanted to call it that. But it certainly wasn't a laboratory in any way... not as far as she knew.

"Who are you?" The only question there was to ask, before they went any further. Clearly this wasn't Dez. This voice was too straightforward, too ill-spirited to be Dez.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 12/30/2009 1:06 AM

Again this new person tried to lick their lips and again they failed.
Metamorphose Facility...?, he frowned, shook his head and laughed; he sounded like he was in a state of disbelief.
So I'm free... mostly... I wonder what has happened since I could... He looked at Elixir then, really looked at her before stepping towards her, a far from friendly smile on his face.
Why I'm sweet Dez, of course. And you're Elixir and we are in the breeding center so then... Have we mated yet?

Well that last question made it clear enough to anyone with a brain that he A. was not Dez, at least not right now and B. that this situation was going from weird to bad to worse. At least the probing of her mind had stopped.

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

[29]

Postby Jaykobell » 12/31/2009 2:18 AM

Just the presence of this new character was enough to unnerve Elixir. It was unsettling — even scary — to be suddenly trapped with this new personality, which was the complete opposite of Dez. She was tense now, her tails unmoving and her wings slightly unfolded. To her, this looked like some sort of schizophrenia; a secondary persona that can be created due to multiple negative feelings. Obviously this character didn't seem to be bothered by this form. Dez hated it, but this "second" Dez didn't seem to mind that he couldn't lick his lips, nor did he complain about being so different from a regular Kuhna.

She stepped back, disgusted, when the Fallen Luhna took another step toward her, asking if they'd done anything together. She narrowed her eyes, but her fur lay flat and her claws were still sheathed. "It does not take a genius to realize you are not Dez," she replied to him, trying not to break eye contact. "You asked who I am earlier." She then noticed the throbbing in her mind had stopped; perhaps he had looked into her mind? Her memories, more specifically? Maybe that was why he knew about her and Dez now. "You, on the other hand, haven't answered me. Who are you? And what has happened to Dez?"
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 12/31/2009 4:53 AM

Like a predator the experimental kuhna started to circle his prey, or in this case, Elixir.
You're right, it really doesn't, he chuckled, As for your questions they have not been answered because I don't see why it matters to you or even how you would get such information from me. I mean just look at you... You're terrified, as you should be. This body is more powerful then yours. Coupled with my abilities you're no match for me... Unlike that... firey demon creature...

At the mention of the panzer the-Dez-who-was-not-Dez flattened his ears into the unkempt mane that decorated the top of his head and much of his neck.
So, Elixir, as I have a great deal of trouble read my own mind, do you know anything of this... Dez? again a certain ammount of pressure on her mind but, from the expression on his sown together lips the being, whatever it was, seemed to have trouble probing for information. Probably some sort of block pushed into this form...

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

[30]

Postby Jaykobell » 12/31/2009 10:40 PM

Elixir watched with her eyes as the Fallen Luhna circled her. She narrowed her eyes at Dez's (she had no other name for him) comments. She huffed, trying not to unsheathe her claws. "I care for every Kuhna I meet. It's heartbreaking to see someone suffering," she meowed to the circling predator, keeping an eye on him as much as she could. "Terrified? You mistake disgust for terror?" She had the habit of feeling nasty towards nasty people; throw the ball back at them. She wanted to add that he wasn't quite the bright lightbulb, but she bit back the words. "Those who are overconfident are often the weaker ones."

When he changed subject and tried to get information from her, Elixir flicked her tails. "I don't understand why I should answer your questions, when you don't answer mine." She sat down and curled her tails around her paws, trying to calm down a bit. She closed her eyes and shook her head when she felt the prodding coming around again. Was he trying to get the information directly from her head? But maybe he could only get so much information, if he had problems reading his own mind. Speaking of that, she had to wonder if Dez knew anything about what was going on right now. Was he having one of those lucid dreams, or could he feel, even if only a little, that his mind was being controlled by another character? Was this Dez having problems prodding because he was the weak mind between the two, or because Dez was interfering? So many questions, but nobody to answer them.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 01/01/2010 2:46 AM

Can't you see that I, too, am suffering? You see I'm trapped in this ratty abomination of a body with your friend Dez. It's a terrible body and I get it very rarely, only to fight that demon that seems to be around...
He stopped infront of Elixir, looking almost... sad? The emotion did not reach the sharp, gold eyes; cruel and calculating.
As for your assumption that I am "weak" you are poorly mistaken. It may be true, that most are calling a bluff or have to large an ego, but I assure you I can, and will, hurt you should you not answer my question.
Here the emotions changed again, a complete change emotionally in this creature. He looked almost playful but the dark, twisted look in his eyes would make most shrink away in fear. Some people rarely saw people who are mad, truly crazy. Whoever this person was he was not what anyone would consider stable.
Don't make me show you what I am capable of, Elixir. I know you won't en-tch! He winced, shaking Dez's head.
Dez wanted out, but he wasn't exactly a strong mind. The only problem was that the one who did not own this body usually had to really concentrate to keep even a weak minded individual out. Well, at least that was how it was now.
It is up to you whether you want to suffer, whatever you choose to do I will get answers.

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

[31]

Postby Jaykobell » 01/02/2010 5:00 AM

Elixir found herself conflicted when he claimed to be "suffering." The emotion seemed to be genuine, yet she felt like she couldn't let her guard down against this creature. Between helping a kind-hearted or an ill-spirited Kuhna, Elixir would help the kind one. Perhaps this was the one thing that made her a bad healer, to a certain extent. She shouldn't have to choose, yet she did. She still believe that the less vile pets there are, the less suffering there will be in the world.

"Hurt me?" He did have a point, even though she didn't want to admit, out loud, that he had it. He was bigger and stronger than her; his jaws could most likely snatch her head whole. Her small size, on the other hand, would help her avoid him and gave her a bit more agility. If she were quick enough, she could probably hit a pressure point or too, which might be enough to stun Dez for a second or two. "You shouldn't judge someone's abilities by their size," she replied back, her eyes flickering a bit here and there, unable to stare into his evil, crazed eyes for too long. But despite that, if he tried to make a move on her, she would counter him. She wasn't the greatest fighter, but she would definitely try to defend herself.

She blinked when Dez shook his head. Perhaps the good Dez was trying to wake up from whatever dream he was having? Perhaps he felt like something was going wrong. Knowing that Dez was seemingly fighting to get back in control of his body, Elixir stood back up onto her paws. She arched her back, raising her hackles up in the air, and suddenly leaped under Dez, aiming to jab him at a specific spot on his belly; which would hopefully stun him and make him gag. "This is what I choose." If this Dez got distracted by fighting her off in this manner, then maybe the good Dez would get to wake up. But despite her efforts, her movements were hesitant, which showed that Elixir wasn't a fighter.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 01/02/2010 7:28 AM

The Dez-who-was-not-Dez chuckled through the link he shared with her mind.
It's not just size, Elixir, it is many things. I AM a fighter and I know a fighter when I see one. You are not a fighter.
Her attempts at trickery and her confidence were note worthy and admirable, but unpractised. She was not use to such an unreal situation; but then how many people were? He wouldn't blame Elixir for being normal, all the more advantage for himself, correct?

When she took the initiative the look on his face was shock, though that did not last long. Whatever this person was or had been he was not lying about being a fighter. He pushed himself up to be on his hind paws, arching his back and stretching his front paws down hard. He hoped to catch Elixir and hold her down on the ground.
As he hoped to interrogate her there were no claws (at least not yet); that didn’t mean he wasn’t going to hurt her a little if he did catch her; fallen luhna weren’t exactly light, after all.
As for actually catching her, well, he wasn’t the best with this body but he’d had some practice battling that fire demon a few times. Still Elixir was a small, quick target. Like a mosquito; weak, easy to beat... if you could catch it. Eventually he would but with Dez fighting for control he didn’t have “eventually”.

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

[32]

Postby Jaykobell » 01/03/2010 10:43 PM

She wouldn't be very surprised if she missed her target. Even though she was small, she wasn't as fast as she could be. She was good with her paws, just... not for situations like these. All she could do was hope her small size would save her in this situation. She only had to distract him; her goal wasn't to hurt him, but to stun him and break his concentration so Dez could control his body back.

Her own face was plastered with shock when Elixir noticed Dez raising onto his hind paws. She tried to stop in her tracks, slipping on the floor in her hurry. Had he not gotten up, she would've hit him; now she could only draw back and hope he wouldn't manage to stomp her. Sliding onto her side in her fall, Elixir quickly scrambled onto her paws, and she dashed away as quickly as she could. But a Kuhna could stand on his hind paws only so long; and she was almost out of his reach when he stomped his paws down, squishing her tails under his huge paws. She squealed when she felt the weight of his paws on her tails and toppled down on her stomach. If only...!

Elixir quickly rolled around onto her back so she could keep an eye on this Dez. She was a bit more nervous now, since she was in his paws (literally) and she had no way to escape anymore.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 01/05/2010 1:55 AM

Not as he had planned, but then he was much slower (and maybe a tad clumsier) in this body that was not his. Maybe if he had more time with it... Now ws not the time to get distracted. He'd caught her, right? With Elixir's tails caught the strange personality pulled her closer, smiling a closed smile; if the stitches weren't there one would assume a much more menacing look full of teeth and a dark flavour of smugness.

You really aren't a fighter, are you? He laughed, pulling her closer, one paw resting over her now exposed belly. Pink fur between the fallen luhna's toes. His fur stood out clearly against her belly and he smiled down at her.
One of the first things you learn. Your gut is your greatest weak point. Which is unfortunate as many of your very much required organs are located here, without a single defense, really. It's a good thing you don't have to worry about getting hurt, right Elixir? At least, you won't if you answer my questions.

He continued to be all smiles but the threat was obvious from his tone and the way he had his claws out. Whoever this was was not somebody to take lightly. The luhna frowned, ears twitching towards the door to the room, then his attention turned away from Elixir. It sounded like... somebody was outside? Somebody... big. Was it that demonic creature that had singed him?
We don't need you making a lot of noise, Elixir. If you're friend comes in here, it will be too late for you. Understand, Elixir?

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

[33]

Postby Jaykobell » 01/11/2010 11:12 PM

Elixir felt the evil Dez pulling her by the tails he'd caught, dragging her closer to him. She didn't take her eyes off him, just in case he wanted to try something. Even if she wasn't much of a fighter, she would still have the chance to counter if she paid attention.

Her ears flattened against the back of her head as she was dragged along the floor, and her fur stood on end when Dez put a paw on her belly. It sent chills through her spine to feel his paw so close to her stomach, especially now that she knew how fragile this particular part was. She should've thought about it, but being so unused to fighting, she didn't remember at all. A single claw mark well done, and... he could probably slice her whole belly open. The thought was disgusting and extremely nerve-wracking. She was really in danger at this point. If she didn't answer his questions, whatever they were, he would most likely go through with his threat.

Now she could only think about what to do. Cats had many pressure points in their face... but Dez's face was too high for her to reach. Or, at least, it wasn't at the best distance. She could miss from this distance, and he could probably see her paw coming, too. But trying to jab his eyes or a few pressure points in his face sounded like a plan. If he could get his face closer to her... As for making any noise, she was too busy thinking about this plan to make any.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 01/12/2010 8:54 PM

Mortals were very strange, weak things but he had her under control and she wasn't calling for help. They were all so easy to manipulate. Perhaps his place had always been in Evelon and not... Either way he could not continue to share a body with this "Dez". How much did Elixir know? She seemed, from what little he could get from before he was awake, to be a doctor, maybe a psychiatrist of some sort. Which, in a way, meant she was a doctor or maybe even a scientist which meant he must still be at that mad man's.... well lair seemed so cliché but in reality that's exactly what it was. Or a death trap; actually that seemed to fit Einsor a little better.

Who do you work for, Elixir? Why come here to this "breeding center" with Dez, with a monster? It seems off and I think you might be hiding something... Why are you here?
He cleaned closer, putting a bit more pressure on her belly with his paw. He wouldn't say so, with words or facial expressions, but it felt good to feel... anything, but specifically something living; something concious. It could have been under better circumstances, but beggars can't be choosers, right?
Elixir was right where he wanted her but Dez was not. He felt the other, stronger conscience trying to wake. He wasn’t doing well but he wasn't giving up the fight, either; he had little time for games.

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Next