A city of white and silver, doctors from all over the world come to converge here and find work. Hospitals of all kinds decorate the white walkways of the city. There are many notable ones you can visit if your pet is in need of some attention. (+3 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Medicai City

Can Dreams Come True? (Private)

Postby Atemstruluv » 01/23/2010 2:32 AM

(Human Form)

The boy coughed, breath coming in ragged gasps as he use one hand to hold his bleeding stomach, where a blade had torn it open, and one to prop himself up on the wall. His black and light green hair was plastered to his face with blood and sweat as he struggled to the hospital, hoping he wouldn't collapse before he could reach salvation. He stumbled and fell to his knees, coughing up blood in painful spasms. Unable to go any farther, he let himself fall, staring across the street at the hospital, so close, yet so far away. He closed his eyes, perfectly ready to accept death if it would save him from the agony that seemed to tear him to shreds. The last sound he heard was that of shouting and footsteps, and he wondered if they'd come for him, before slipping in to the welcome blackness.

[1]

As you go through life you'll see
There is so much that we

Don't understand

And the only thing we know
Is that things don't always go

The way we planned

But you'll see everyday
That we'll never turn away
When it seems all your dreams come undone

We will stand by your side
Filled with hope and filled with pride
We are more than we are

We are one

ATL's Zoo Pen (Under Construstion)|ATL's Journal (Coming Soon) | ATL's Wishlist (Coming Soon)
Atemstruluv
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 124
Donate

Re: Can Dreams Come True? (Private)

Postby Atemstruluv » 01/23/2010 2:57 AM

(Human form)

"Finally, my shift's over." The human-form Fellox said as she walked out of the hospital. It was nearing midnight, and she had been working her shift since seven that evening. She pulled on her jacket as she noticed how cold the night air was. "I think I'll walk home tonight." she decided as she crossed the street, heading for the alleyway. Her apartment was seven blocks away, and even though it was far from safe at this time of night, she loved the feel of the cool air and the way the city seemed so different while it's inhabitants slept.

Just as Silk entered the dark alley, the form of a human boy caught her eye. She ran over just as his seafoam eyes slipped closed. Panicked, she checked for a pluse, but found none. "I have to get him to the ER." She muttered to herself. But as she turned him over to make it easier to pick him up, she was the gash in his stomach. "Gods..." She murmered. Shaking off her alarm, she lifted him up with some effort, but not enough. He was skinny, and she realize she could see each of his ribs clearly through his pale skin. She raced across the street, back into the door she'd come out of only moments before. "Erika!" She called to her fellow ER nurse who was walking past.

"What happened?" The girl asked, eyes wide with terror, because she could see the boy's intestines hanging out of the gash. Suddenly, she snapped into nurse-mode, paging one of the doctors as she lead Silk down the hall to a bed where the bleeding boy could be placed. She asked questions to Silk at breakneck speed, which the nurse answered just as quickly.

"Erika, I'm going back on the clock. This kid needs help. Now." Silk said as she walked out of the room. At least they had managed to get the kid breathing again, and figured that was a good sign. IT had taken a moment, but Silk recognized the boy from many pervious visits to the ER. "Dr. Hearth!" Silk stopped in the hall as she passed one of the doctors. "You're needed in room 676, stat! " She barked. She was just a nurse, but she forgit her manners sometimes. Fortunately, the doctor remembered that and knew that a serious case had come in.

Silk tossed her jacket back into her locker, and changed back into her scrubs, which she never wore hoem because she needed something warmer to wear in the col night air. Within minutes, she was back in room 676. "Any improvemnt?" She asked. There were now four people crowding into the small ER room, all looking over the dying boy. There were IV's hooked up to his arms already, and one doctor was preping him for emergency surgery. Silk didn't know why, but she was determined to save this boy.

[2;1]

There is so much that we

Don't understand

The way we planned

But you'll see everyday

We are more than we are

We are one

ATL's Zoo Pen (Under Construstion)|ATL's Journal (Coming Soon) | ATL's Wishlist (Coming Soon)
Atemstruluv
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Atemstruluv » 01/23/2010 11:00 AM

Groggily, Met'tai opened his eyes, blinking in the harsh light. 'Is what death is like?' he thought. Soon, his eyes were adjusted well enough to see that he was, in fact, not dead. He saw the white walls of a hospital room, and noticed an IV hooked up to his arm. He tried to move, but even with the painkillers coursing through his veins, a sharp pain knifed through his stomach. Bit by bit, memories of what had happened that night came back to him.

He hadn't done anything wrong, anything upset the gang. But they attacked him anyway. He was used to them beating him up for no reason, but he didn't expect them to take it so far. One og the gang members had sliced his stomach open and left him to die on the street. Met'tai vaugely remembered trying to reach the hospital, which wouldn't have been hard if he haddn't already lost so much blood, since he was in Medicai City, but when you can barely stand, anything is a challenge. He remembered falling, and, well.... dying.

At that percise moment, the door to his room opened. A nurse with mousey brown hair, with pink tips walked in, holding a clipboard. A startled look appeared on her face as she realized Met'tai was awake. "You're awake. That's a surprise, we thought you'd be in a coma longer." The nurse said as she walked over to the bed.

"H-how long have I been out?" The human-form Yonyuu asked as the nurse check the machines hooked up to him, and made sure his IV was correct.

"Almost two weeks." She answered. "I'm Silk, by the way. I found you in the alley right after my shift. How'd you manage to get torn open like that? You're lucky you didn't tear through more than what you did, you could've easily had your intestines torn to shreds. Not to mention the broken ribs we found after an x-ray." She held his gaze with her own, and Met'tai could helb but notice her strange, but beatuiful, pink eyes.

"What are you?" The Yonyuu asked in a sudden burst of courage.

"What do you mean?" The nurse said, raising an confused eyebrow.

"No human coukd have pink eyes." The Yonyuu clarified. "You probably know already, but I'm a Dreamsnare Yonyuu."

Silk understood now, and said "Oohhhh. I'm a Blossom Fellox, but I haven't used that form in months." The human-form Fellox sat down in the chair next to the boy's bed, "But you still haven't answered my question. How'd you end up like this?"

[3;2]

There is so much that we

Don't understand

The way we planned

But you'll see everyday

We are more than we are

We are one

Atemstruluv
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Atemstruluv » 01/30/2010 10:39 PM

"Well..." Met'tai was reluctant to tell her. What if the gang found out that he told someone? The second he walked out the hostpial, Met'tai would once again be the property of the gang who put him there. But when Met'tai looked at the human-form Fellox who sat, looking at him expectantly with shining, curious pick eyes, he knew that it was safe. That she would never tell a soul. So he explained everything, starting with the day he ran into the gang. He talked for almost an hour, happy to finally tell someone about all he had been through. "And... Well, that's it." he said finally.

"W-we have to tell someone! Nobody should be allowed to treat someone that way!" Silika cried as she jumped to her feet.

"NO! No, we can't. If they know I told anyone..." Met'tai didn't want to consider what they would do.

[4;3]

There is so much that we

Don't understand

The way we planned

But you'll see everyday

We are more than we are

We are one

Atemstruluv
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Atemstruluv » 01/30/2010 11:01 PM

"Met'tai, what they do to you is illegal. The police would keep you safe, you have to tell them!" Silk said, pulling out her cell phone.

"You don't understand! The gang, they have people everywhere. Even the police." Met'tai said with a small shudder. He remembered the police offier gang memeber all too well. "There's no where I can go that's safe, Silk. No where."

"Then we'll leave the city." The Fellox said simply, a plan forming as she snapped her cell phone closed before she could dial a number, slipping the small contraption back into her pocket.

"We?" Met'tai asked, one dark eyebrow raised. "They'd follow me if I left. I know too much. And you couldn't drop everything you have to help me escape. I'm not worh that kind of devotion." Met'tai said, turning his face to the wall, his voice barely a whisper.

"Anyone's worth some amout of devotion, Met'tai. And..." Silk trailed off, but picked back up a few seconds later. 'And I want to help you, Met'tai." Over the past two weeks, Silk had become attactched to the boy. She wouldn't let him leave here and get himself hurt again. She had to help him, she knew it.

[5;4]

There is so much that we

Don't understand

The way we planned

But you'll see everyday

We are more than we are

We are one

Atemstruluv
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate