A city of white and silver, doctors from all over the world come to converge here and find work. Hospitals of all kinds decorate the white walkways of the city. There are many notable ones you can visit if your pet is in need of some attention. (+3 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Medicai City

To Blend With the Crowd [P][Me and Freezair]

Postby AuroraSky » 04/07/2010 4:22 PM

Oh dear, there were so many people. Of course Medicai was a big city but the amount had deeply overwhelmed the young girl. Every time she turned a corner another had immediately bumped into her, muttered some sort of apology (Some did not at all, which greatly disturbed her) and hurried along their way. How could this even be? It was a chilly Sunday, and was no weather for being outside. This was the exact reason Ashley had decided to choose this day to find some herbs, and all these people were just ruining her perfect planning!

Ashley hugged her satchel to her chest and started rushing to find the appropriate stand. There were so many full of herbs; how was she supposed to find the right one? As she wove in an out of crowds, Ashley noticed a tall, white building that read "Herbalists Convention." and her heart did a tiny flip. A herbalist convention? How exciting! Oh, but she would never blend in. She was...well...her. Purple and green weren't exactly the most subtle of colors now, were they?

Ashley stomped her foot determinedly. She would try to find a way to overcome her shyness if it meant seeing all the new secrets all the other herbalist's had to share. She took a deep breath and walked over to the building's glass doors, took hold of the silver handles, and entered.

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 486
Donate

Re: To Blend With the Crowd [P][Me and Freezair]

Postby Freezair » 04/08/2010 12:14 AM

Sniff. Sniff sniff sniff.

What was that?

Sniff. Sniff hiff.

Smelled like... tea.

Bergamot honestly had no idea why he was here. Why Medicai, of all places? Pretty far from home, huh? He'd woken up this morning and thought, I feel like a lark in Medicai, but he couldn't tell you why.

Could he have come in search of... tea?

He smelled something sweet and herbal. It was piquant, tender, and rich. The scent bit his nose. Marvelous! He had heard that there were a lot of herbalists in Medicai. Why couldn't they use their skills to make medically healthful infusions? And they probably tasted good, too. Bergamot grinned in thoughtful anticipation.

Follow my nose! he chuckled inwardly. He let the smell lead him to the outside of a tall building.

Heralist's convention? Hmm. I wonder... Curious, he nosed inside.

[9]

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 04/08/2010 3:15 PM

Ashley quickly surveyed the space around her, taking all of it in. The walls were a scarlet color with magnificent pictures of scenery hanging delicately. There were rows and rows of tables, each one occupied by some sort of professor in a white lab coat and thick-rimmed glasses. The inescapable smell of herbs tickled the her nose, which wrinkled in anticipation. Well, she shall hold it back no longer! Ashley bravely trudged through the heavy crowds to stand at a table labeled 'Shiitake Mushrooms'. She jumped.

Oh, mother used to make these all the time in her hospital for all of the patients. What were they supposed to do again? Oh, that's right, help reduce bacteria. What a wonderful herb. I must remember to stop and pick some up!

Ashley quickly grabbed a tiny notebook from her satchel and scribbled down the name of the herb. Glancing over, she squealed with delight as she saw a Green Tea stand. Maybe they would have a sample!

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 04/08/2010 4:15 PM

Bergamot was beginning to feel mistaken as soon as he stepped inside. The place was pulsing, stuffed full of scientists and other coated types. The smell tickled his nose, but not his brain. This definitely wasn't the place for picking up a cup of tea. This looked like a rather somber scientific affair. With his magic monocle, he felt a bit out of place. He scanned the place sadly, very nearly tripping over a stall with displays about the debate over wheatgrass.

Wait--where was the door, now?

Oh, bother. He'd gone and got himself lost in here.

Dazedly, he casually asked a woman, "Excuse me, miss? Do you know how to get out of here? I'm afraid I wandered in by accident, and now I don't know my way out." He hoped she heard him. The purple-and-green Lucain lady looked a bit preoccupied in something of her own.

[10]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

[3]

Postby AuroraSky » 04/08/2010 5:02 PM

Ashley eyed the porcelain tea cups with great happiness and sentimentality, and as she glanced up saw the friendly face of one of the professors. He was older with twinkling, blue eyes. He gently picked up the tea cup, poured some of the green tea, and handed it to her. Ashley nodded her thanks, feeling oddly safe with this man, and closed her eyes. As daintily as possible, she took a long drink and sighed as the warm liquid trickled down her throat. Oh yes, this did take her back to the childhood she had had so long ago. Well, not too long, but long enough that some of it had escaped her memory. Suddenly there was a voice and Ashley's eyes opened in fear. As she spun around she could feel her calm nature slip as she saw the person with the voice.

Directions? He had asked her for directions? Oh dear, she would have to talk now. The poor thing needed help and it was against Ashley's nature to turn her back on those in need. She cleared her throat nervously.

"Err..." She looked around and a frown swept over her face. Now that she thought of it...where was the exit? Oh dear, now she was trapped! Trapped with all these strangers! The very thought made her dizzy.

"I....don't....know!" She let out an exasperated sigh.

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 04/08/2010 6:09 PM

It suddenly occured to him what the woman had in her hand.

"Tea!"

One of the professor's assistants laughed and poured out a cup of tea for Bergamot. He explained it as he poured: Green tea blended with smooth white tea, with traces of chamomile and valerian. It was designed to be both relaxing and healthful. Bergamot graciously accepted the cup and sipped. Sweet and soothing.

Rather than get upset, Bergamot laughed. "Oh dear! It seems we're both stuck here. I'm sorry. If I'd known you were lost as me, I would have chosen a different way to introduce myself! My apologies; truly. My name is Bergamot Peppermint. May I have the honor of learning yours?"

[11]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 04/08/2010 6:30 PM

"Tea!"

As he yelled in excitement Ashley's heart nearly stopped. Who was this stranger that seemed to love tea so very much? Well, if he understood the values of such high end tea he couldn't really be THAT bad, could he? Ashley gave him a polite smile and continued to sip, letting the tea take her away once more. Once her cup had been finished she licked her lips and graciously thanked the professor. She handed him a few Keystones and he handed her a pack. Oh how lovely these would be for those chilly mornings!

As she turned to leave, the Lucain man stopped her once more. She sighed inwardly but did not want to be rude. His words were kind and cheerful, and Ashley couldn't help but smile. He seemed nice enough. "Its a pleasure to have met you Mr. Bergamot. My name is Ashley Rhea." She stopped and turned back to the table, suddenly deciding to spend more time at the booth and with the tea.

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 04/08/2010 7:48 PM

"It's a pleasure meeting you, Miss Ashley." He nodded, even tipping his magical monocle at her. He managed to fish a few keystones of his own out and purchase some of that sweet, relaxation blend. Where it went after that, it was hard to tell. Maybe Bergamot had a few secrets he wasn't willing to divulge just yet.

"So! How did you end up in this place? If you're lost too, what did you come in here for? Me, well, I'll be honest--I did in fact come looking for tea. I can't help if it's my favorite beverage, after all." He winked at her through the side that didn't have a monocle on.

[12]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 04/08/2010 9:11 PM

Ashley took a longing gaze around, wondering what other wonderful surprises this convention held. So far she was glad that she has decided to come in here; all these herbs were so plentiful! Ashley checked the time swiftly, making sure that she would still have enough time to shop around, and maybe continue to talk her her new, quite handsome, friend. Ashley observed the other tea packets there, taking a sniff or two to decide whether they were worth buying. As Bergamot spoke, Ashley blushed. Gosh darnit, why was she always so shy?

She looked down bashfully as she replied, her voice soft. "Well I wasn't lost until I came into the convention. I guess with all these people," she looked around again and gulped. "You just kinda lose yourself." She had to admit it impressed her that he liked tea. It was...sweet.

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 04/08/2010 9:53 PM

"I know what you mean," Bergamot agreed. He pointed to his eyepiece. "Now, I'm certain you're thinking: 'A monocle? He's wearing a monocle? In this day and age? 'The 1800's called, and they want their eyewear back!' But I have a good reason, you see! This monocle is magical; it lets me see spirits and other hidden magical things. But it's absolutely useless it crowds. Too many people; it gets all befuddleded. Ded. ...I'm sorry, I can't seem to control my tongue today!" He babbled nonsencially for a few seconds, "stretching out" his tongue.

"What made you decide to wander into this convention, though? Doing some errands, maybe? Are you from the college?"

[13]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 04/09/2010 3:10 PM

Ashley glanced up at him as he referred to his monocle and traced her foot in nervous circles. She had thought it made him look rather distinguished, and she certainly had not planned on insulting it. Poor thing must have gotten teased all the time! Maybe a compliment was in order. "I like your monocle. It's very...sophisticated." She smiled to herself when she decided she had found the right word, and bent over slightly to observe a black powder sitting in a dish. It smelled divine.

"Why I'm here? Well," She sighed. "I don't go to any such college, but I do love learning. I love learning and I love herbs. I would love to be a doctor but I just don't have the time. For now I focus on my simple home remedies and learning everything I can from books." Oh, how to keep the conversation going! "And you?"

Great.

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 04/09/2010 5:22 PM

Bergamot felt the skin beneath his fur go hot and tingly. "Why... thank you. To..." He giggled a bit uncharacteristically. "To be perfectly honest, my family thought it was a titch silly. But I liked it because I thought it did indeed look... fancy, I guess you would say? It's--it's nice to know someone besides me appreciates it! ...Oh dear. I guess that seems terribly egocentric."

He sipped at his tea. "As for me? Well, I wanted to get out of the house, and the teleport stations are cheap and within walking distance. I just hopped aboard and came here... I think I wanted to go to the library. I like to study magical things. Mostly for fun, you know?"

[14]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 04/09/2010 5:34 PM

Ashley rubbed her arms nervously and the professor handed her a cup of the black tea. She sniffed it curiously then as Bergamot began speaking she snapped back in attention, not wanting to miss a single word. So his family thought it was silly? She frowned. That didn't seem very nice, and she found nothing wrong with it. If anything she admired his bold choice. Lords know she could never do something like that, not in her quiet nature. "I don't find it egocentric at all. You're very bold, and I like that." As the words spilled out of her mouth a blush danced it's way across her face.

"The library? Then how on Earth did you end up in a herbalist's convention?" She asked, letting herself give a small smile. So he liked learned as well? She was really starting to like Bergamot more and more.

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 04/09/2010 6:14 PM

"Oh, don't worry about them," Bergamot laughed. "Most of us tease each other in good fun. Mostly. My father and my cousin Aiko are outliers a bit; they don't get along with our silliness. If you ever meet them, don't be offended if they--I don't know, poke at your stomach and call you chubby.--Not that you are, or I'd care if you were! I mean--alright, bad example. Point being, if any of my family is serious about something, then they're serious. You can tell when they're not joking."

He hung his head while he laughed weakly. "Today is not my day! My tongue really isn't obeying me. I don't suppose you have any intelligence-increasing tea, do you?" He laughed even harder when the professor's assistant pushed a blend toward him containing ginger and ginko root. "I was looking for tea, honestly," he laughed. "This place just smelled so good! I'm in over my head, aren't I?"

[15]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 04/09/2010 6:38 PM

"I find that your trip of words is cute." Ashley said smiling. Then as soon as it came it was gone. Oh dear, she hadn't said what she thought she had said, did she? Some thoughts just came out as blah! "I'm sorry if I seemed a bit forward...I-" But she could say nothing else. She looked at her shoes and then quickly at the black, swirling tea in her hand. Without another word she took a long drink, trying to avoid talking as long as possible. Why was she always making a fool of herself?

Ashley placed the tea cup back on the table and picked up a napkin to dab her lips. She shuddered as the liquid flowed through her body, feeling uneasy at this one. It didn't sink in right and she squirmed a bit under the feeling.

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items