A city of white and silver, doctors from all over the world come to converge here and find work. Hospitals of all kinds decorate the white walkways of the city. There are many notable ones you can visit if your pet is in need of some attention. (+3 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Medicai City

Re: To Blend With the Crowd [P][Me and Freezair]

Postby Freezair » 04/10/2010 5:13 AM

"Forward? I'm afraid I don't quite catch your drift." For all he knew about spirits, Bergamot was a remarkably naive individual sometimes. "Don't fret; I'm not offended by any stretch of the imagination."

He looked at her. "What's the matter? Don't like the blend?"

((Failpost. Sorry. Muse is being grumpy, and so is my computer. I don't want to loose a big post. ;_;))

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 04/10/2010 9:32 AM

Ashley decided not to explain any further, since she had been hoping he hadn't understood anyway. All she did was offer a smile and nod, not exactly understanding him either. Well, no matter. He was an interesting character, and one didn't run into so many these days. At his comment towards the blend, Ashley blushed and brushed back some of the green hair out of her eyes.

"No it's lovely, I just feel like I've had a...reaction to it." She said, just as she felt a lump in her throat. At once her arm began to itch and she closed her eyes, praying that she wouldn't start making a scene. Oh how she would probably die from all of the attention!

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 486
Donate

Postby Freezair » 04/10/2010 3:22 PM

"You should ask the professor," Bergamot said gently. "It's his blend; I bet he knows. I'm sure he'd like to hear about the side effects. But maybe it's just as likely your imagination. I don't think the tea could start really having an effect until it'd been absorbed into your system--have you eaten recently? That makes it go faster."

The professor's assistant chuckled. "Ah, such a gentleman," he smiled. "Always worrying about a lady like that. You really are something else, aren't you?"

"W-what do you mean by that?" Bergamot swung around.

"Oh, don't you worry, pal."

[17]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 04/10/2010 3:45 PM

Ashley was blushing from Bergamot's concern. She looked down at her arm and decided that he was right, it was all in her imagination. This was most likely happening because of how shy she was and how Bergamot both frightened and intrigued her. "I-I didn't eat anything. I don't usually eat much." She said, barely above a whisper. Most thought it was weird she did so, and she hated being judged.

As the professor's assistant spoke Ashley raised her eyebrows at Bergamot's reaction. She could clearly see he was confused and maybe even a little uncomfortable. But why?

"Have you two met before?" She asked. The professor's assistant did seem a bit...off.

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 04/10/2010 6:34 PM

"Never say that in front of my family," Bergamot said. "My aunts hate nothing so much as a girl who refuses to eat. They won't ever deign to hear the word 'diet' out of anyone. They'd mock you much more for being skinny than fat! You'd be in big trouble in my house!"

Bergamot looked behind him to the assistant. "Don't know him," the assistant shrugged. "Just giving a few compliments, yeah?"

Bergamot agreed. "I've never seen him before."

[18]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 04/10/2010 7:55 PM

Ashley jumped and blushed. "No no! I don't not eat for dieting purposes! I simply don't have the time!" She defended. "You see in my pen I usually care for our sick and spend hours researching on sicknesses. If I'm not doing that I'm out shopping for herbs or running errands. And if I'm not doing that then I'm too exhausted and I have usually passed out on a couch or something." she said with a sigh, just realizing how busy she always was.

The professor's assistant still seemed weird, and Bergamot still did not look very comfortable, but she would not press the situation any further. She closed her eyes and regained her composure, the effects of the black tea wearing off. Well now, that was one herb she would not be getting. She glanced over the other tea bags and saw a beautiful purple blend and she reached for a sample.

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 04/11/2010 12:21 AM

"That's even worse!" Bergamot laughed to show he meant it in good humor. "That's when you need the energy most! Everyone in my family is always busy," he said with a nod. "But grandpa still makes sure we all eat properly, you know? My aunt Jade and uncle Hal are especiall bad about it. Jade is kind of a gourmet, even if she's not a great chef herself, so she always wants to make sure we get good meals. And Hal's actually a very good cook for someone who's ex-military." He took a deep drag from his tea and set down the empty cup with a satisfied sigh.

The assistant looked between Bergamot and Ashley's uneasy face. "Hey, man--miss--I didn't mean to upset you guys. I was just tryin' to have a bit of fun. If I said something bad, man, I'm really sorry."

"I'm not offended," Bergamot said. "You're alright, aren't you, Ashley?"

[19]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 04/11/2010 12:50 PM

Ashley twirled a strand of hair around her finger. "Yes, I suppose I should start eating right. It's just with everything going on I barely find anytime. But Bergamot, I must say that I'm surprised that you still live with so much of your family! My father, mother, sister, and brother are...er...estranged to me. It must be lovely to still be surrounded by so much of your loved ones." She said softly. A sudden longing for her father came over her and she batted some tears away. Instead she drank some more of her tea and hoped no one had noticed.

"Oh, no. I'm not offended, I was just...curious." She replied, forcing a smile at the assistant. She glanced at Bergamot, feeling more open the more minutes that passed.

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 04/11/2010 8:28 PM

"Well, that's us. The Peppermints are stickier than a half-eaten candy cane!"

Bergamot paused awkwardly. "Uh... That's my grandpa who says that, for the record." He laughed nervously.

"Also, I guess I should mention that Aunt Jade and Uncle Hal are actually of no blood relation to us, though they're honorary Peppermints as far as everyone else is concerned. But for those of us who are actually related, let's see... Grandpa, and Grandma--Grandma's Grandpa's daughter, by the way; we are Lucain, after all, so we grow fast--and Uncle Dexter, who's Grandma Rosie's brother--my dad, his half-siblings Pitaya and Orbit, Pitaya's kids Aiko and Ercole, and me. We're a pretty big family, if nonstandard in a lot of ways."

The assistant nodded at Ashley. "Oh, no harm done, then. Good to know."

[20]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 04/14/2010 5:49 PM

Ashley giggled at Bergamot's grandfather's saying and brushed some hair away. "Your Grandfather seems like a wonderful person. It would be wonderful if our paths would cross." She said softly. "Your family is quite big. Tell me Beragmot, and I hope this doesn't make you uncomfortable, but how do you put up with all of them?" She laughed bitterly. "I mean, there are some characters in my Pen I don't feel comfortable around. Ugh, don't even get me started with Mog and his nasty little tricks-" She paused, realizing what she had just said had probably given her companion a rude vibe. "Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to rant at you." She said quickly.

Looks like Bergamot wasn't the only one tongue tied today!

[13]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 04/14/2010 6:06 PM

"Actually, with remarkable ease," Bergamot laughed. "Dad and I don't always see eye-to-eye on things; same with cousin Aiko. Those two usually hang out and keep to themselves, away from us. But even they're tolerable sometimes."

Bergamot thought. "You know, the fact that we live in a candy shop probably has a lot to do with it. It's hard to frown when you're sucking on a root beer barrel!" Beramot smiled rapturously.

[21]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 04/14/2010 6:25 PM

Ashley nearly choked on her tea when she heard him. Blushing wildly and using a napkin to dab her mouth she looked at him. "I'm sorry, I thought you said you live in a candy shop?" She asked. "Surely I didn't hear you correctly?" She quickly realized that might have sounded rude. "Not to say living in a candy shop wouldn't be wonderful...it's just something I have never heard of before." Living in a candy shop with tons of relatives? Reflecting, Ashley realized how quiet her life had been. She lived in a pen with about 15 others and her family was nowhere to be found. How she longed for  the hustle and bustle Bergamot had lived with for his whole life!

Ashley reached into her satchel and pulled out a Polaroid camera before snapping a picture of her surroundings. As it printed and she waited for Bergamot's reply, she quickly scribbled "Herbalist's Convention." on it before placing it back in her bag.

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 04/14/2010 6:49 PM

"Of course! What, you think we're called the Peppermints because we all walk with canes?" Bergamot laughed even more wildly, even if the joke was a bit silly. Something was getting to his head! He felt a little loopy. What HAD they been putting in that tea?

"My grandpa runs it, and we all help out. We sell all kinds of candies. All house; no big brands; that's Grandpa's motto. I usually help out at the storefront. Selling things, you know. But I'm currently working with Grandpa to develop some candies with a bit of a... a magical kick, you know? Nothing big or fancy. But, you know, they make you feel really light, or they let you breathe out bubbles. That kind of thing."

[22]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 04/16/2010 10:19 AM

Ashley giggled at his little joke, twirling a piece of hair around her finger nervously. She leaned softly on the counter and scanned over the mixtures of teas one more time before deciding she had bought all the brews she needed. But of course she would never leave Bergamot! If he wanted to stay, then they would stay. It was peculiar that Ashley found herself like this, depending on the moves of a man. "Breathing out bubbles?" She laughed at the mental image.

"Well I don't know anything about candy making, but I'm sure magic would bring it a nice taste and some fun effects. If it's any help, I would buy your magic candy." She said with a smile. "Bergamot, how is it you and your family can live in a candy shop and remain healthy? If it were the pets in my Pen living there I should think they would barely move and just eat candy all day."

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 04/16/2010 2:55 PM

"You can't eat what the customers buy!" Bergamot winked. "Not that it stops people. Most of us Peppermints are at least a little pot-bellied. Uncle Hal works out every day, so he fares well. And Aunt Jade has a hummingbird's metabolism. Me, I prefer bitter to sweet. So I think I'm doing well." He turned to the side jokingly. "Tell me, how do I look?"

[23]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext