A city of white and silver, doctors from all over the world come to converge here and find work. Hospitals of all kinds decorate the white walkways of the city. There are many notable ones you can visit if your pet is in need of some attention. (+3 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Medicai City

.:She blinded me with Science (P, Baal and I):.

Postby HunnyBun » 01/07/2011 3:31 AM

"Your wrong!"
The words echoed down one of the many hallways in one of the many white medical buildings. It wasn't to hard to pinpoint who was saying it, just follow the conversation to the correct room.
"That will not help at all! Your just going to ruin everything."
A strange clothed man stood hovering over a desk where a younger man sat working on something. The strange cloth man seemed to be the one who was yelling, apparently not happy with what the younger man was doing.
"I'm not going to ruin it." The young man replied, his voice calm and soft.
The older man threw his hands in the air in frustration and walked away.
"This is why I can never work with you, your so thick and you never listen to anything anyone says." The older man shouted, not lowing his voice at all.
"And your yelling is not going to help anything." Came the reply.
The older man turned sharply and shot him an angry look, but the younger man was to busy with his work. The older man just coughed at him and turned back, crossing his arms he looked away, he was tired of this.

(( Click Cain's for human forms ))

We're waiting every night
To finally roam and invite
Newcomers to play with us
For many years we've been all alone

.: ~Pen~ :.
.: ~Sales~ :.
.: ~Breeder~ :.
.: ~Imp. Doc~ :.
HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 263
Donate

Re: .:She blinded me with Science (P, Baal and I):.

Postby BaalsBaby » 01/07/2011 4:22 AM

Well this was.... exciting. She guessed. Tall white buildings, gleaming towering reaching high into the sky. Sometimes she looked up so far that she had to lean back, almost falling over. It surely was impressive. If only... You could go into those pristine buildings. The light shone off of one of the buildings, so that she had to put a hand over her eyes to shield the offending glare.

She sighed. Oh well. At least she could stare at them, you know? She had all the time in the world, since dad was off working. They'd just moved here, just like they always did when their current location didn't provide enough inspiration for her father's writing. That's what he was doing now, probably hunched over a hotel desk and scribbling notes as he watched the clouds drift on by. "Go ahead and enjoy yourself, Snickers, make sure to be back soon." That's all he'd said to her, so she had shrugged and simply left to explore her new playground.

It's okay though, she was used to this solitary life. Father had always been that way, so loneliness really wasn't an issue if you never had 'closeness' to compare it too. So she went and found herself the nicest, shiniest door to stand just outside of, looking at herself in the glass. She imagined herself working in the hospital, maybe saving lives like some of the people on the TV or in daddy's books, but you know. Whatever. Not like that could happen because one, she wasn't sure how to deal with people in pain and two, she... well.. She wouldn't admit number two. So instead of thinking about it, the girl, Snickers, pulled a kindred candy bar from her pocket and began to unwrap it, slightly melted in her hand from her pocket. Maybe she'd go inside...?

[1]

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
BaalsBaby
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pets | Items
Keystones: 987
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 01/07/2011 4:48 AM

"Look! Look what you did! I told you that you were wrong." The older man shouted.
He was past being able to control his anger now. He forced his hands through his hair, pulling at both the white and black strains. He couldn't take anymore of this. He turned and headed for the doorway that lead to the hall.
"Where are you going?" The younger man asked, his voice sounded frustrated. He stood up from the chair and walked towards the doorway so he could still see the other man.
"I'm leaving!" The older one shouted, stopping just in the hall. He looked over and noticed the girl looking through the door.
"She could do this better than you!" He argued, making up random comments to make him feel better.
The younger man rolled his eyes.
"Get back in here," he pointed to the ground next to him, "your making a scene."
"What, are you my mother?" The older man scoffed. "No! I'm through with this, I can't believe I even thought I could cooperate with you."

(( Warning: I sometimes fail at post XD ))

HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby BaalsBaby » 01/07/2011 5:07 AM

Snickers, as she was currently known, was busy gazing at herself when she saw another figure moving behind her image in the glass. The figure seemed to look at her, almost address her but he looked in some sort of irritated state. Hey! Well. That was as good a chance as any, right? To finally get to enter? Hopefully no one would charge her KS just to breathe their air, oh how expensive the hospitals were. She had a terrible love-hate relationship with these kinds of places but well, she'd been spotted like some creeper.

So inwards she went, the doors sliding open. The displaced air swished her shortly-cut, brown hair that fell to her shoulders, a rich dull chocolate color that grew darker towards the roots. Her eyes were a soft, mysterious amber, scanning the interior of the room until she saw the man who seemed a bit frazzled. "Hey! You.... looked at me. Is there... a problem?" she said rather nonchalantly, unusual for a child addressing an adult far more... seasoned that herself. She one hand in the pocket of her baggy brown aviation jacket, fur lining around her neck, with a candy bar in the other. "Is it sanitary to eat in a hospital?" she asked randomly, seemingly already at home here. Guess she wasn't the shy type, right?

[2]

((XD Nebuh. D8 And. Are they in a hospital? Or in a place belonging to just the two of them? O ^O;  Like. Labs? If it's the latter, I can totally edit this post a little. XD; ))

BaalsBaby
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 01/07/2011 5:16 AM

The older man stopped once the girl addressed him. Standing up straight, he cleared his throat and straightened his tie.
"Oh, uh, n-no. Sorry, I was just talking to my associate here." He replied, pointing to the younger man.
He was a little nervous, stilling feeling the blood rushing to his face from his argument with the other man. He was worried that he might accidentally lash out on this innocent girl, the last thing he wanted to do.
"As for the chocolate, I am not quite sure, though I wouldn't push it." He finished, shoving his fist into his lab coat pockets.
He gave the younger man a look that seemed to say "I'll finish with you later", then turned back to the girl with a smile.
"Is there anything I can help you with?"

(( Uh, just a random room in a random building that they can work in? XD Oh, another thing I forgot to mention about Ion, he has a weakness for kids, he always feels he has to act like an older brother around them XD ))

HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby BaalsBaby » 01/07/2011 5:28 AM

The girl had to blink at the sight of this rather oddly dressed man, first of all. He seemed sort of... torn on his attire, as if one side of him were conflicting with the other in taste. His hair, his coat, his pants. Even his eyes seemed to be in disagreement with each other (if she remembered correctly, even red and green were on the opposite ends of the color spectrum!). She let the candy bar hang in her mouth for a moment before she realized she was staring.

"Ohhhhh," was all she said at first, blinking up at him. Then finally, "Okay... I won't uhm. Push it? I have to eat this all though, or it'll melt in my pocket since the wrapper's open." And so she went on chewing on her candy bar and swallowing. She still had half a bar to go, mmmm. "Help me with? No. Uhm. Unless you can bring people from the dead, haha," she said, meaning it only as a joke. She knew the stereotyped 'evil Frankenscientist', and boy did this man fit the bill right? At least in the looks department. Overall he seemed like a nice man though, don't get her wrong.

[3]

BaalsBaby
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 01/07/2011 5:36 AM

The man just stared back, seeming to wait for her to say something. When she finally did, he almost jumped up in surprise. Stroking the back of his neck he chuckled embarrassingly for being scared so easily.
"Raise the dead?" He said, saying the it in a dream like way.
His eyes looked up at the ceiling as he thought it over.
"No!" Came a sudden response.
"No, we can't bring back the dead." Chuckled the younger man, giving the older one a jab to the side.
He knew what the older one was thinking, and didn't want him creeping the poor girl out.
"So, why are you here then?" The younger one asked, holding out his hand.
"The names Calculus, Cuthbert Calculus," he nodded his head towards the older man, "and that's Ion Atom."

HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby BaalsBaby » 01/07/2011 6:05 AM

The girl again had to blink at the tall guy when he jumped, was she that scary or something? Or was he that ... jumpy? She had to almost stifle a giggle. And when he went into his little dream world, pondering who knows /what/ about raising the dead, she sort of became curious. But that was impossible, right?

That question was instantly answered before she could give it much thought when another man strode out, this one younger than the first and not as oddly dressed as his counterpart. She couldn't help but notice the less-than-playful jab in the older man's side. "Awh, that sucks. I do like zombies movies, it'd be cool if I met people who could actually make that real. But.......... oh weeeell," she sighed and shrugged, turning to the new guy as he introduced the both of them. "Nice to meet ya', hehe. Ion and... Calculus?" She picked out the words she'd memorize the easiest. "I'm September. Or Snickers for short," she giggled, since it wasn't all that shorter from her real name. "Or Timber, but my daddy calls me that. What were you guys talking about before I came in here? I sorta saw you stare at me so I was curious."

[3]

BaalsBaby
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 01/10/2011 8:34 PM

"September, hm, what a strange name." Ion said softly to his self, tapping his chin.
He had walked passed Calculus back into the room while September was talking. Looking over at the clear liquid that sat in a beaker on table that Calculus was working at. He silently spat a few curses under his breath.
"Nothing, we were just arguing about an experiment and he was just throwing his hands around when he happened to point at you." Calculus replied, giving her a reassuring smile.
"An argument I was right about..." Ion growled under his breath.
He walked over to the table opposite of the one that liquid sat at and started the experiment over again. Cursing another few words under his breath.

(( Small post of doom DX Writer's block ))

HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby BaalsBaby » 01/13/2011 1:04 AM

"Oh.... Okay," she nodded, finishing the candy bar in her mouth and holding the wrapper, looking around for some place to put it. "So uh.... why were you arguing? Or is it... classified or whatever?" The girl blinked up at Calculus, though she noticed Ion had moved into the room they'd most likely been before, hearing a few strings of obscenities floating from it.

She giggled a little and looked back at the lavender-coated doctor. "Hehe, he's got a bit of a dirty mouth, there. ... Hey! Can I go in there and see what you've been working on?" Without even waiting though, September started walking around the man she'd been talking to, off to find Mr Half-N-Half to see what he was making such a fuss over. Obviously the two were disagreeing, but ooh! Was it about a two-headed Tuskow? Or maybe a glow-in-the-dark Sabbit? Or or... maybe something gorey, ewww, hehe. That would be exciting. She wasn't really the squeamish type, so the thought hanging out with two, possibly unhinged doctors didn't really bother her.

[4]

BaalsBaby
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pets | Items
Donate