A city of white and silver, doctors from all over the world come to converge here and find work. Hospitals of all kinds decorate the white walkways of the city. There are many notable ones you can visit if your pet is in need of some attention. (+3 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Medicai City

The Lost Man [P, Freezy]

Postby GrayGriffin » 06/07/2011 1:19 AM

(Continued from here)

"Get a doctor? Okay! There are lots of doctors inside the building! You stay here and don't move!" Shawn directed the last part to the man, who glared at him.

"I couldn't move anyways, with this-this-lady demon guarding me!" he snapped. "And I don't want your demon doctors either!"

"But-but-we have human doctors!" said Shawn, turning away and trying to ignore what the man was saying. He rushed towards the building, shoving through the doors. A moment later, a gray-haired man in a lab coat came out, following after Shawn.

"See! He's human!" exclaimed Shawn.
Crossing my heart
Open wide
You're my crystal and clover
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot
What would you do if I stole you tonight? (Ahh ahh)
Why waste time? (Ahh ahh)

'Cause the world goes on without us
It doesn't matter what we do
All silhouettes with no regrets
When I'm melting into you
'Cause I belong in your arms
I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2597
Donate

Re: The Lost Man [P, Freezy]

Postby Freezair » 06/07/2011 1:25 AM

Eurydice's extra-large Windgill heart began to race as Shawn vanished inside. She held the man there, staring at him. He shouted insults at her. A demon! Well, she was definitely a spirit. But a demon? Never! "Demon," in her experience, was a word reserved exclusively for the creatures that came from... that place, and Eurydice had never been close to it in all her life.

"A doctor!" Eurydice looked down at the tiny human. "Thank goodness! We're sorry to trouble you, miss, but this man came here being suspicious, and we think he's crazy!"

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 06/07/2011 1:34 AM

"Well," said the doctor, kneeling down. "I'm afraid I'm more of an obstetrician, but I do know basic first aid." He looked the other man over. "He doesn't seem to be injured in any way." However, when he reached out to take the other man's wrist, the frightened man lashed out, punching the doctor in the nose.

"You're a demon in human guise, aren't you?" he yelled.

"What's the matter with you?" demanded the doctor. "Why do you keep calling us demons?"

"I've never-never, in my whole life, seen creatures like those!" he replied, gesturing to Shawn and Eurydice. "And there's nothing but creatures like them over here!" Indeed, there could be other Paragons seen in the distance, around the other areas of the field. "What could this be but a world of demons?"
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 06/07/2011 2:05 AM

"Wha--? But this is Evelon! How have you never seen Paragon before? Unless you've been living inside a long time," Eurydice admitted. "Paragon weren't so common 'til a little while ago. But we're all over the place! And even then, you'd have seen Lucain and things like that, right?"

Eurydice sized up the small doctor. His gray hair matched her silver crest and tail. "Could he have amnesia? Maybe he really did get hit on the head and forgot everything!"

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 06/07/2011 2:10 AM

"Paragon?" muttered the man. "So that's what you call yourselves...and no, I've never seen any creatures of your type outside of stories and television! Nor do I know what those creatures you call 'Lucain' may be!"

"I'm not a Paragon," added Shawn. "I am a Lucain!"

"Ridiculous. You look almost identical. Unless a Lucain is a subspecies of Paragon?" Well, at least the man seemed somewhat more reasonable now.

"Amnesia is a possibility, but he doesn't seem to have suffered trauma," said the doctor. "Hmm...this is a difficult case indeed."
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 06/07/2011 2:21 AM

"Should we go get someone else?" Eurydice asked. "Oh! But we're here 'cuz of... uh... One of those room things." Eurydice mumbled off to the side. She was once again lucky Paragon couldn't blush. "If we go off to get somebody, will we still be able to come back to the room? Because I want to figure out what's going on here! But if I don't do the room thing... I think my mistress will get mad at me."

She flicked a look at Shawn, though. He thought he was a Lucain? Well, that was... interesting. Maybe that explained why he was so obliging. Maybe he was a little bit... simple. ...A cute kind of simple, though.

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 06/07/2011 4:34 AM

"Well, as long as you're registered, you can come back any time you want," said the doctor. "Perhaps we could take him inside? Do either of you have human forms?" he added. "You should come with him, seeing as you found him, but I wouldn't like to overload him with too much...he apparently can't deal with anything nonhuman."

"Found me? Assaulted me, more like!" muttered the man.

"Hey! We didn't even touch you! You assaulted us! Well, her, anyways," Shawn admitted. The man had, truly, been more focused on Eurydice, although that was probably just due to her being closer.
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 06/07/2011 1:51 PM

"OK!" Eurydice noted. That was good, then. So Maree wouldn't have any reason to get upset. Heck, maybe she'd even be proud of Eurydice! She helped a poor lost and confused man find his bearings--that was a noble deed, right? Surely, Her Majesty would be pleased!

"I dunno if we'll fit inside, but we can try," Eurydice said. She looked warily at the man. "Well, you were lurking around being suspicious! That's not good at all! Someone could think you were out to kidnap a baby or something! You're lucky you don't drive a van, mister!"

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 06/08/2011 1:10 AM

"Actually," muttered the man. "I do have a van. But I only use it to drive my own kids to school! Do you think someone with their own kids would go and kidnap someone else's?"

"But we didn't know you had kids!" replied Shawn logically. He paused. "Oh, and I don't have a human form. Is that okay with you?"

"Me, sure," said the doctor. "Him, I'm not so sure."

"Whatever," muttered the man. "It's not like I have anything vaguely resembling a choice..."
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 06/08/2011 1:21 AM

"I can't do it either," Eurydice said. "Oooh, but there's something I can do! I can ride inside your mind!"

Eurydice paused to let that sink in. Dramatic effect and all. Then she keyed back into life with her explanation.

"I come from a world of dreams and imagination!" Pause for effect again, this time because most people probably thought that sounded cheesy. "I can go back to that world at any time, but I can see into people's minds when I'm there. Mostly, I just see their dreams, but I can use it to see through other's eyes! Don't worry; it's not scary," she said. "It's not like being possessed, and I can't read your deep dark secrets. I just see and hear what you do for a while. ...Anyone?"

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 06/12/2011 4:43 AM

"World of dreams?" muttered the man. "Now I know what happened. I'm in a coma, and this is all a dream. You're all imaginary!" He paused. "Well then, do whatever you want."

"I'm not imaginary!" protested Shawn. He reached out and pinched himself, just to make sure. "Yup, I'm real all right!"

If Eurydice was to look into the man's mind, she would see that he definitely came from a different world, and had somehow stumbled into this one. The passageway between the worlds was apparently somewhere in the woods behind his house...
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 06/12/2011 2:17 PM

Eurydice, however, was focused primarily on the doctor. She didn't imagine the rather terrified-looking man would want to accept her--so of course it would be the doctor. "Would you mind, sir?" she asked him. "It's safe, I promise you! Although it might be... scary to our friend here." The look she gave the frightened man was rather condescending.

((Sorry for the shortpost, but I was primarily focused on how the doctor would reply, so Eurydice wants to hear from him first. XD))

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 01/15/2013 10:01 PM

[Hey, why not update this one too!]

"Oh, no pro-" began the doctor, but then paused. "Wait a moment." He took a phone off his belt and began dialing. "We have some people who specialize more in this mental sort of thing. I'd rather turn you over to one of them."

A moment later, a female doctor came dashing out, grinning excitedly.

"Ooh, I haven't had a mental case in so long!" she exclaimed. The strange man grimaced at her choice of words, but neither Shawn nor the other doctor noticed. "So, who is it?"

"It's this lady here," said the male doctor, pointing at Eurydice. "She wants permission to ride inside your brain. She's not the patient though-this man is, and it's merely for convenience." He pointed at the stranger, who waved awkwardly.

"Oh, no problem! I've done stuff like that before, but this is the first time someone will be going into my brain! Ooh, it's so exciting!"
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 02/03/2013 11:27 PM

((WOO! I liiive!))

"Oh, you're one of those psych... physic... psi... uh, those people who study mind things. Do you think it would badly affect him? If I went inside his mind, I mean." Perhaps it wasn't a normal question for psychiatrists wherever the man was from, but Evelon was a strange place where many people had strange, mind-related powers. Perhaps she knew of other people who could jump into minds... Not that Eurydice knew anyone else with that power (a bit of a point of pride for her, being so unique), but she supposed it wasn't out of the question.

"Unless... you have other ways to know whether or not he's crazy or delusional or whatever it is!" Which... she supposed, the doctor probably did. She was a doctor, after all. It was her job to figure out if people were crazy. She probably had ways to diagnose them. Ah, but that wouldn't be as fun for her, if she couldn't jump into a mind! ...Then again, the doctor probably thought it wouldn't be as fun for her if she couldn't use her skills to diagnose the man. What a quandry! Well, Eurydice was first, so that was probably fairest, but the doctor had a lot more experience in figuring out if people were crazy... She looked oddly pensive as she waited for the doctor's response.

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 02/03/2013 11:37 PM

The man who had just been staring at all this boggled. "Go...go into my brain? Does that mean she'll be able to control me and...you know, the kind of stuff you see in horror movies?"

The female doctor tilted her head to the side curiously. "That is a possibility, but even if she could, there's enough of us to stop you from hurting yourself...or them. And I'm pretty sure there'd be no lasting damage. I'm not a psychic myself, but I've been told that my mind is especially conductive to receiving their thoughts and the like. However, I admit I'd prefer if I gave him a quick once-over myself, just to make sure he hasn't had previous psychic trauma. Such events can cause the brain to instinctively reject any form of psychic touch, possibly hurting both sides."

"But MIss Eurydice wouldn't make you do scary things! She's really nice!" added Shawn with confidence. Most of those big words had just flew over his head, but he got the gist of it!

[Yay technobabble!]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items