A city of white and silver, doctors from all over the world come to converge here and find work. Hospitals of all kinds decorate the white walkways of the city. There are many notable ones you can visit if your pet is in need of some attention. (+3 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Medicai City

Re: The Lost Man [P, Freezy]

Postby Freezair » 02/04/2013 12:18 AM

((Yay indeed. And don't worry--I will respond to the other one too, but I'm re-reading it so I can remember just what the heck we were doing.))

"I already said," Eurydice said. Her thoughtful pose fell away, replaced by something like childish indignance. "It's not like being possessed! I just see what you see, and I can see some of the thoughts that are floating around near the top of your head. None of your deep secrets, and I can't control you. It's like... it's like watching TV for me. You can't control what's on a TV show!"

But the doctor's words made Eurydice flinch back. "Psychic trauma? Gee... I guess if you possessed someone for real, that COULD hurt them. And it wouldn't be very nice OR justice-y to be all psychic with someone if they were hurt by other psychics. OK, Ms. Doctor! Do your thing and tell me if it's OK to do mine! Justice is great when it comes in teams!"

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 02/04/2013 12:52 AM

[It's okay, I had to do that too. Man, did I introduce a lot of characters.]

"Oh. Um. That's...that's still a little weird." The man scratched the back of his head, a little awkwardly.

"Now, now," added the female doctor. "I just need you to answer a few questions."

"That's fine."

"Good. Now, first of all, have you ever had any instances where a large amount of your memory has been blacked out, with no reasonable explanation?"

The man seemed to think for a moment. "No...I don't think so."

"Alright." She checked off several things on a miniature clipboard she had been hiding in her pocket. "Secondly, do you have any memories that strongly contrast with those of the people involved in said memories?"

"Well, there was the time my daughter left her socks on the couch, and she said it was my son, but my son said it was her..." He chuckled, then shook his head. "Just an attempt at humor. No."

"Mm-hmm. Have you been in contact with a known psychic recently?"

"Known? I'm pretty sure not!" he laughed. "If you'd asked me this yesterday, I'd have said you were crazy. Then again..." He gestured at Shawn and Eurydice. "If you had asked about them yesterday, I'd also have said you were crazy."

"Well, I'm pretty sure I'm not crazy." Suddenly, without any warning, she swung the clipboard at his face. He barely managed to dodge.

"What the heck!" he yelled, at the same time that Shawn yelled "Hey!"

"Good. Typical reflex reaction." She grinned again. "I'm pretty sure I can give you a sound bill of health. At the very least, the mind scan shouldn't hurt you."

"Well..."

"Go on!" encouraged Shawn.

"I...I guess it's alright then," he said, squinching his eyes shut and clenching his fists.

[Apparently this is what a year of taking AP Psych does to you.]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
You're my crystal and clover
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot
What would you do if I stole you tonight? (Ahh ahh)
Why waste time? (Ahh ahh)

'Cause the world goes on without us
It doesn't matter what we do
All silhouettes with no regrets
When I'm melting into you
'Cause I belong in your arms
I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2597
Donate

Postby Freezair » 02/07/2013 1:40 AM

((Heh. I know what you mean. One linguistic class and I was analyzing my friend's speech left and right.))

"Alright, Doctor. You probably know best in this instance! So I'm gonna go ahead." Eurydice nodded at the man.

"Um... try to relax, I guess? Don't freak out too much. It's all safe, I promise you!" Of course, anyone could make a promise, especially with nothing to back it up. Even she had to admit, she thought it sounded a bit hollow. But maybe it was like going swimming in a cold pool--just dribbling around with your toes in it would only make it worse. Better to jump in and get it over with.

Eurydice fell back on her haunches, and her feathery tail wrapped around her legs. Her wings folded up, concealing their golden glow. Her feathery eyelids came down over her eyes, and her body seemed to thrum. For a second, her consciousness seemed to float around somewhere outside her. Then, it leaped for the man.

The man would be feeling... nothing. Almost completely nothing. Except, perhaps, in the back of his thoughts, he would find it somewhat difficult not to think about the large purple dragon in front of him. But the thoughts would only flicker in for a second; then they would pass. But Eurydice? She felt as if she were swimming through a sea of images and thoughts. Through the man's eyes, she saw herself, poised like an amythyst statue and towering over his head. She heard the rush of blood in his ears, and when he spoke, she heard his voice as he did: Deeper and throatier, magnified in his ears. But it was his thoughts she was most interested in. It was difficult for people to lie to themselves.

((Post ye away what Deesie sees!~))

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 02/07/2013 6:31 PM

The man's memories definitely showed a different world. While at first glance it seemed quite like Evelon, the creatures that appeared there were much too mundane. Horses without horns, snails without spikes, unbandaged dolphins...a bizarre menagerie.

The point of the man's entry into Evelon could also be pinpointed-there was a place in the woods behind his house, where the worlds connected. While he didn't remember anything different, when Eurydice looked at his memories, she'd see a clear distinction at the point where he stumbled through.

"Is there anything odd?" asked Shawn, trying to poke at Eurydice curiously.
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 02/10/2013 11:06 PM

"Woah. He's definitely not from Evelon," Eurydice said. Only her jaw moved as she spoke. Her body was almost completely still. It wasn't uncommon for those being dreamwalked by her to try and move their mouths, as well--she'd caused more than one person to spontaneously take up sleep-talking. Whether the man would be subject to it or not was yet to be seen. "His world isn't like ours at all! And he's not from the world of dreams, or even my old world," Eurydice tutted. "He's, like, from some crazy world I've never even SEEN before! Or... wait..."

Eurydice was pensive. Or at least, she knew she was. Her body was as statue-still as it had been since she'd started the dreamwalk. "Back in my old world--like, not my old-old world, the dream world, but, like, the world I was always summoned to before I decided to start being summoned in Evelon--one of the magi who summoned me once said something about a world like this! She dismissed me quick, so I didn't hear everything, but she said it was called 'Eyarth' or something! Yeah, he's definitely probably possibly from Eyarth! I think. Obviously! I mean, if what that magi girl said was true, then people from Eyarth are always getting sucked into other places!"

Her eyes blinked. The man was released from her hold. "It looked like there was something really funny about some trees or something behind a house? I think it was his? I bet he got sucked here from there! Eyarth's like walking through a field full of gophers, I bet; you always fall down holes..."

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 02/11/2013 4:14 PM

The man blinked. "Always?" He shook his head. "Maybe there's more to those missing person reports than I thought..." he muttered under his breath.

"Well, if he came here through a hole, he can go back through it, can't he?" asked Shawn hopefully. "That's how it works, isn't it?"

"Not necessarily," said the male doctor. "Some worldgates are one-way only, or they may only be open for a while."

"Well, we should still try, right?" asked Shawn.

"Yes, yes!" agreed the man.
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 02/12/2013 8:13 PM

"Well, I guess I'm not a real expert on Eyarth or anything. But c'mon! Doesn't that sound totally like something that could happen? Just like in that book! You know, the one with the girl and the Diosol and she falls down a hole and eats a lot of stuff. I mean, who would just come up with that stuff? It has to be real if they put it in a book."

Eurydice ran a claw through the feathers on her head in thought. Her tail did a quick one-two. "Hmm... How did that girl get back, though? I think she, like... fell asleep or something? It was like a dream. I do know a lot about traveling between dreams! But I'm preeetty sure this guy isn't dreaming." She hovered her long, beaky head over his. "Yep. I definitely know dreams, and he's definitely not dreaming. Um... Diosols come here sometimes too, right? So maybe we need to find a Diosol and lead him down another hole to get him back..."

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 02/12/2013 8:49 PM

"A...Diosol? Um..." The man seemed pensive for a moment. "Are they...rabbits? Long ears, twitchy nose?" As if to demonstrate, he wagged two fingers in the air, making a passable bunny-shadow-puppet.

"Yeah!" laughed Shawn. "They're kinda hard to find, though. Daddy said they were almost extinct until someone invented a medicine to help them have babies!" He paused. "Hey, are there any Diosol here right now?" he asked the doctors excitedly.

"Erm...I'll have to check. I don't think we have any current appointments with them, though."

"Are you sure that'll even work?" added the man.

"It could!" said Shawn cheerfully.
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 02/13/2013 12:35 AM

Somehow, Eurydice hadn't expected the people of the Clinic to actually find merit in her odd little idea. She was admittedly used to her mistress, and all of the people of the royal council--should she offer any ideas to them, they were typically shot down on the spot. Her job was to look fierce and scare off intruders, not to assist in running the place. Of course, given that none of her crazy ideas had ever gotten past the planning stage before, perhaps there was some cause for concern...

"Oh! I, uh--I don't want to interrupt anyone if they're, uh. You know. Busy. That wouldn't be very nice. Especially if they're going extinct. Then it's probably really important for them to, uh. You know. Do that thing. I don't know, actually. I don't know Diosols super-well. Can they, like, make a lot of holes that people can jump through to reach other worlds? What about other lagu--labo--lub--rabbity-creatures? Can, like, Cuniflares do it too? Should we go get a Cuniflare? Uh, I only really know justice, but I think in science you want to cover a lot of variables!"

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 02/13/2013 12:47 AM

The female doctor frowned. "I think that, in general studies, Diosol have been shown to be more capable of magical ability than Cuniflares. However, studies also show that Meji have powerful magical abilities, but those seem to be on a different level than the ones that Diosol have. Diosol are definitely the species to go to if you're speaking of interdimensional magic, which is what this is."

"I'm...not sure what you just said," said the man, "but apparently we need to find a Diosol? Can't we just go somewhere where there are a lot of them in the wild?"

"It's not that simple," the doctor added. "They're...not very recent now, but still quite new to Evelon. Studies of wild populations are still a new thing."

"Well...if they have magic...maybe one could tell we need it!" exclaimed Shawn. The man rolled his eyes slightly, but he was really unsure now. For all he knew, that would be the perfect solution. He had really no idea what was going on in this world anymore.
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 02/15/2013 5:48 PM

"Then let's go hunting a Diosol!" Eurydice's wings flared, and she jabbed a claw off into the distance, as if pointing them towards adventure on a great horizon somewhere. She wheeled it back towards the center like a clock, seeking out the right time.

"Uhm. Buuut I don't think it'd be right to look for one in the center here. I think the ones here are all gonna be busy. So we should go looking outside. I mean, if we leave, they remember that we're... supposed to be in a room, right?" She eyed Shawn warily. Even if this new happening had taken up much of her mind right now, there was still no forgetting what she had been sent here for, and what she was supposed to do. They would have to come back. Distractions could only keep them for so long.

But again--they couldn't leave that poor man hanging! "I bet if we went to, uh, like a magic society or something, we could find a Diosol! And since there's a lot of magic they need for this center--for all the potions and things people use--I bet there's one close."

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 02/15/2013 7:50 PM

"Technically, those potions are third-party medicines," commented the male doctor. "Oh, they're guaranteed safe, and we have doctors to take care of those cases, but we don't have any magic societies near here."

"Actually, we do!" replied the female doctor happily. She rummaged around in her coat pocket, pulling out a business card. It was patterned in white and brown, with the title "Morgan's Mystics," as well as an address. "Okay, it's not a society, but I've checked it out, and I know the owner does have some magical ability! He just opened recently, so I forgot all about him until you mentioned magic societies."

"Wow, that's great!" added Shawn. "We can get you home soon!" he added to the man. "And then we can come back!" he added to Eurydice.

"Um...that's nice," he said.

[[Do you mind if I bring in another of my pets?]]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 02/17/2013 3:27 AM

((Sure! Heh--I was gonna bring in one of my own pets, actually, but you can use yours, too.))

"Sounds good! Here." Eurydice spread herself out on the ground. Her wings splayed over the earth, and her shoulder sunk in low. She tugged her head in the direction of the man. She waited for his response, and pointed to the crook of her neck, in the dip between it and her wings. At first, it might not have been obvious what she was saying. But with the pointing, her intent became clear: She was offering the man a ride. And given the might of her shimmering gold wings, it wasn't a placid stroll through the park, either.

"Don't worry," she said. "I carry people aall the time!" OK, mostly underground. But I do fly with people sometimes, around the Falls. "Just grab my feathers! It doesn't hurt!" Much. But for the sake of Justice, I have to make some sacrifices. "And Shawn can fly beneath me in case--" [i]Wait. It's actually probably not very nice to bring up the possibility of falling."

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 02/17/2013 4:53 AM

[Which character were you planning on using? Maybe they could both appear somehow.]

The man just stared some more. Part of him still suspected this was all a dream. "Um...will they need to come too?" he asked somewhat hopefully, pointing at the doctors.

"Oh, no!" exclaimed the female doctor. "Here, I'll give you the card, you can just read off the address yourself. Oh, wait, you're not from this world, are you? Well, if you take off with the facility behind you, then take a left at the first traffic light you see, then find the building with a large parking lot out back and a green roof, that should be the one."

"Oh," replied the man.

"Don't worry!" added Shawn. "I'm sure it'll be fine! I'm sure Miss Eurydice will take good care of you!"

"''ve never ridden a dragon before..." muttered the man.

"Oh! Great! Now you can have!"

The man sighed, then, taking a deep breath, began to climb on.
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 02/17/2013 11:42 PM

((I was going to use one of my Diosol, probably Umberto, as I haven't gotten a chance yet. I also thought about using Devyn my Lucain, since she is part of a magic user's society.))

Eurydice held still while the man climbed. Admittedly, she was used to ferrying around Rengosetts and Wockees, and other small creatures that weighed less than humans and didn't wear hard shoes like humans did. But a human wouldn't notice the draconic grimace on her face, and all in all, it was only somewhat heavier than having a few different passengers. Especially if one of them was Flansburg. He could pack on the pounds, especially around the holidays.

She waited for the man to get a good grip on her. Her feathers came fairly far down her neck; those were a good hand-hold, though perhaps his arms might get tired reaching up. Her skin was fairly smooth, though if he wrapped his arms around her neck, that would still provide enough support. Whatever way he chose, she'd try to accomidate that. She waited for the man to stop shifting, and stood.

"There! Are we all ready?" She looked back at Shawn, and craned her neck back to look at the man. "Alright! Ready? Let's... GO!"

With several bounding leaps, she built up speed and launched herself into the air.

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext