A city of white and silver, doctors from all over the world come to converge here and find work. Hospitals of all kinds decorate the white walkways of the city. There are many notable ones you can visit if your pet is in need of some attention. (+3 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Medicai City

Science is a Nightmare

Postby Kylo » 06/12/2011 5:22 PM

Thaxson looked at his list of creatures who had signed up thus far and smiled. While there were not many, there were a few. He grinned almost sweetly and continued to set up his lab. Cardboard boxes lay stacked one on top of each other and covered one of the walls completely. He had only arrived in the world of Evelon less than a week ago and was already eager to study the creatures that inhabited this world. He looked around his "clinic" as he would come to call it and grinned in satisfaction. It was on the outskirts of the city and was easy to over look. He lifted down one of the boxes and began to carefully unpack, cradling each instrument as if it were a precious child.

A few hours passed and now everything was unpacked and put in its place. All that was left was to wait for his "friends" to show up for the fun. The one doctor especially looked interesting. It wasn't often that he got to be around others who understood his art. He just hoped that they would see eye to eye. No matter, even if they didn't he'd just have another "volunteer". Thaxson pulled up a chair behind the counter of the front room and waited expectantly for his guests to arrive. Oh this was to be fun.

Falling from grace, I watch it all come apart
Knowing I could've changed it all from the start
I can't breathe, I need to break free
From the anger that is constantly inside of me
"Fighting Myself" by Linkin Park

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 309
Donate

Re: Science is a Nightmare

Postby Kitsumi » 06/13/2011 11:08 AM

Shealini padded up confidently. He didn't know exactly what he had signed up for, but hey, scientists were nice folks, right? Besides, the main reason he had come was because of Zealall. She had begged, pleaded, and even shed a few tears in trying to get him to come along with her. Shealini chuckled slightly. He was never one to resist a lady.

Humming a song she couldn't quite remember the words to, Zealall bounced alongside Shealini. She was happy he had agreed to come. When she had signed up for this, it had sounded like a big adventure. Zealall loved adventures. But she didn't like going on them alone. So, using all of her feminine power, she had convinced Shealini to come as well.
"This is gonna be so cool!" she said. "You'll be glad you joined. I promise."
Seeing the building they were supposed to enter, Zealall had a sudden burst of energy. "I'll race you inside!" she shouted. Without waiting for a reply, she bolted into the building, with Shealini hot on her heels.

{S-1/Z-1}

like sunlight shining through the leaves
we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Pen :: Wishlist ::Breeders :: Docs :: Rentals :: Journal
Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 7189
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 06/13/2011 12:16 PM

Soft foot steps echoed though the halls as two figures approached. The leader was a tall man, a half white half black lab coat fluttering behind him as he walked. Following closely was a young woman, her hands hidden under the sleeves of her sweater that was obviously to large for her.
"Ion, Ion," she pestered, "what are we here for again?"
He didn't answer her, to busy inside his own head. His arms were against his back, his hands entwined to hold them there. Something he always did when he was thinking hard. She tugged on the tail of his coat.
"Ion!" She whined.
"Hm?" He asked.
"What are we here for?" She repeated.
"Oh, scientific discussion. Or I think that's what the ad had meant..." He tapped his chin, once again disappearing into his head.
She sighed, he was going to be impossible to get an answer out right now. She shrugged, at least he was calm and collective. Anything to do with science normally brought out his eviler side. She looked up to him, worried that it might come out.

( click Cain for human form, the girls will be up soon )

We're waiting every night
To finally roam and invite
Newcomers to play with us
For many years we've been all alone

.: ~Pen~ :.
.: ~Sales~ :.
.: ~Breeder~ :.
.: ~Imp. Doc~ :.
HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 263
Donate

Postby Kylo » 06/13/2011 12:46 PM

Thaxson grinned and spread his arms wide in welcome. "Come in, come in! I'm so glad you all could make it! I've just been dieing to meet you all." He grined widely at them all. He turned first to Dr.Ion. "And you must be the prestigeous Dr. Ion. I'm so glad you come. I've haven't been able to speak to someone of your standing in ages." He grinned widely and his eyes twitched slightly as he thought of all the possiblities, before turning to the volunteers. "And you two must be Shealini and Zealall. I quite charmed to meet you two." He took Zealall's hand and bowed before kissing it. The then shook hands with Shealini. "Oh, and who is this Dr. Ion? A friend perhaps?" Glee filled Thaxson at the prospect of yet another possible volunteer. Yes, things already looked good, very very good.

"Well now that introductions are over if you please step into my lab." He held open the door and waited for everyone to go in beofre closing it and locking it behind him. Thaxson laughed under his breath almost inaudibly and went over to a cage that was covered with a cloth. "I have invited you all here to view my newest creation. He's quite shy so it's best not to make any sudden movements." Or he'll try to eat you... he added silently to himself. He then yanked off the cloth and there in the cage sat this creature.

"I call him Gor. Well? What do you all think?" Thaxson's eyes twitched again and he smiled deviously.

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 06/13/2011 12:55 PM

"Uh..." Ion had started, he was going to explain the child that had joined with him, but the man seemed to change the subject as he walked away. Ion looked to the girl and they both shrugged, she could be introduced later.
They slowly followed him into the room, looking around. She tugged at Ion's coat again.
"He never told us his name." She whispered.
Ion nodded. "He might be a shady character." He whispered back.
Whoosh!
The veil being ripped off of the cage revealing the beast under it. Ion gasped with interest in the beast and leaned down to get a closer look. The girl, being surprised and also intrigued, walked up closer.
"Cool..." She whispered.

HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 06/13/2011 1:09 PM

"I wouldn't recomend getting too close. He's a bit, err, defensive if you know what I mean. I wouldn't want to have to sew anyone's digits or limbs back on." He grinned and looked at the girl. "Oh and I never caught your name. I guess I skipped around too much." He laughed weakly and watched Dr. Ion study the beast. He was glad that the doctor showed an interest in his creation. Maybe he could help him study the creatures of this land further and use them for research. Especially those lucains. Yes...they were of great interest to him. Though the paragons and battlehearts were good too, hmm...which ones to study first? He snapped his attention back to the girl as he waited for a reply.

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 06/13/2011 1:12 PM

She leaned in closer, but looked up when he gave his warning.
"Oh, I've seen scarier things in Ion's workshop." She said, shrugging.
She pulled away after getting a look from Ion, he'd rather her not endanger herself here.
"Ehm," Ion cleared his throat, "this is Penny, she's my assistant."
He raised an eyebrow to her at the word 'assistant'. She was like an assistant, though sometimes she was like a lab rat to him. She shrugged, she guessed the word would work.
"You didn't mention you name." Ion then added.

((short post is short))

HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 06/13/2011 1:21 PM

"Opps, it must have slipped my mind. I'm Faris Thaxson, but please call me Thaxson. I don't much like my first name. So Ion, what do you do? I mean, what species do you work with most closely? I'm trying to study as many of the species here on Evelon as possible and I would love any information I can get." He turned to a table and picked up a sterile syringe before filling it with and unknown fluid and beckoning the creature towards the front of its cage. He then injected it into the creature and it quickly fell asleep. "Sorry for the interuption there, but he needs stabilizers until I get his genes straightened out. They fusion of seperate species did not work as well as I had hoped. Anyway, as I asked previously can you tell me anything at all?" He grinned widely and genuinely like a child in candy store at the prospect of new information.
(Tis okay. We still have to keep it slowerish for the Kitsumi to continue along with us.)

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 06/13/2011 3:34 PM

((Bleh, sorry...stupid time-limit on the computer :P))

Zealall had blushed as her hand was kissed. She wasn't used to the attention...well, not from somone so prestigious, at least. She nodded her head at Ion on greeting, and at Penny, his assistant.
When she saw the creature, she let out a quiet squeal of delight. "Oh, but it's so amazing!" She cried. She went to move forward, but was stopped short.
Shealini grabbed Zealall and held her away from the creature. "Weren't you listening?" he hissed. "It's dangerous. Are you trying to get yourself killed?"
Zealall pouted, but then smiled. "So, why exactly are we here again?"

{0-2}

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 06/16/2011 12:34 PM

((It's alright. I used to have to put up with that too. And with me just getting back my PC at 11 Pm last night due to a virus I can understand people taking their time.))

"To help me with my next experiment. You see I new to this land and need help studying the creatures and people who live here. I needed volunteers and well, that's what all of you are." Thaxson smiled and went over to an examination table. "Now would one of you kindly sit up here. I need to get a blood sample to compare to previous species I have studied and to see if the environment here has caused any genetic mutations that I have not seen thus far." Thaxson went and got the supplies needed to draw blood and looked around at the volunteers. "Well who wants to go first?"

((Meh short post is short.))

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 07/02/2011 5:20 PM

At the mention of drawing blood, Zealall shrank back a bit. Adventure was fun. But needles...needles weren't so fun.
Knowing that Zealall was afraid of needles, Shea decided to man up and go first. Pushing forward with his head held high, he sat down in the chair. "Go right ahead, Thaxson. I can take a little bloodwork."
He winked at Zealall, trying to keep her from becoming too frightened. He would show her how easy this was going to be.

{0-3}

Last bumped by Kylo on 07/02/2011 5:20 PM.

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate