A city of white and silver, doctors from all over the world come to converge here and find work. Hospitals of all kinds decorate the white walkways of the city. There are many notable ones you can visit if your pet is in need of some attention. (+3 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Medicai City

Change of Plans , "Ruihn"ing Plans (P)(Language)

Postby Moofius » 06/26/2011 2:44 AM

(( Homygawd. I'm so freakin' punny, Kreeptoe. <3 ))

Neimah had no idea how glaringly obvious she was in this city. This place was clean, a place that could not easily fathom a world of dry heat in the day, chilly nights and sand as far as the eye can see. An ocean of more or less sterile dirt, but dirt nonetheless. Neimah was shades of brown, a speck of imperfection in this stainless steal, chrome and white ceramics.
Being blind did not help in this very visual matter, but she could tell from the way people would flow around her that she did not fit in. The fact that she did not know why she did not fit in only served to distress her further.

She did have something she'd never had before and she hated it as she searched for a bench, the white cane swinging back and forth tentatively in front of her. She had never experienced a world where the dirt was so hard packed. Neimah had never experienced paved roads and, back home, she had traversed the streets and sand by feel. Too soft and she was off the path. Harder was a road or walk way. Even the packed sand around the base of a building felt different. Everything here was very similar in feel.

Her cane stopped suddenly in one of it's sweeps, Neimah scooting over tentatively and feeling the surface out carefully. About knee height with slats. This was a bench.
She sat down, cane across her lap, and sighed.
"Oh this is really hard..." Neimah breathed to herself.
Life was going to be different now. It would taker a lot of getting use to.
Image :.: The Sun Will Always Shine For The Imperials :.: Image
:.: Let Us Free You From The Darkness Of Ignorance And Weakness :.:

PenWishBreedJournalTradeRecord
Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1098
Donate

Re: Change of Plans , "Ruihn"ing Plans (P)

Postby Redd » 06/27/2011 1:37 AM

Kogoruihn leaned on a rail idly, taking the welcome urban environment. It had been too long since he had been in such surroundings and it was a relief to have those creature comforts some of the more rural towns and travelling didn't offer so readily.

Medicai wasn't obviously the city of choice - it was too white, too sterile and too pure - something like Jawan or Aldrect would have been better but Medicai was the city closest to the coast and eventually his passage to Barraka. But regardless, he was happy to be finally in a place where he belonged - and when he had checked into his room, he had cleaned the dirt from the road off himself. Life was good.

The Demon shifted slightly off the railing and started moving down the road. As reluctant as he was to admit it, he had no idea where anything was in this city and the best way to learn, would be to learn it's streets, right?
He almost wished he hadn't. Kogoruihn slapped a hand to his mouth to stifle any noise or word from escaping and cautiously stepped a few paces back. Amongst the pure, clean, whiteness of the city, sat a familiar woman - another piece of his life and past coming back to make his life miserable. One who he had met ages ago in a town on the edge of Wilt'no, so what on Evelon was she doing here of all places?
The demon wasn't exactly about to find out either - he was still fuming slightly on the inside as a remnant of their last encounter and wasn't exactly keen to repeat it either.

(FFFFF Full of Aussie FAIL I'm sorry. ;^; )

Stare in the darkness
Are you scared? Are you free?
I can be fair or a monster
Tell me now, which one do you need?

I can feel teeth tear into me
Rip me to pieces, rock me to sleep
I can feel eyes staring at me
Getting uneasy, ready to feed
I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 892
Donate

Postby Moofius » 06/27/2011 9:51 PM

She really hated this place. It made her disability so obvious. People would skirt around her and ask questions. She'd been lured into quite a few walk in clinics, people wanting to help her. But they didn't want to help her, they wanted her money and maybe the right to brag about what they could have done. When they learned she'd never had eyes and was not equipped to easily get any, she was sent away only to be pulled into another clinic to allow the cycle to continue.

At least she didn't need to worry about money... At least not yet. She had had enough time to take all the money she'd earned through her work before running off. She needed to find a place to set up operations but this place was so disorienting.
"Haaaa..." She pressed a palm to her eye socket, the orange silk she used as her blind fold getting a little wet. Oh yeah, no eyes but functional tear ducts? One of these Gods were assholes.

The sound of skin slapping skin was a sound not often heard on these streets (doctors and scientists seemed to be a quiet bunch) and Neimah's head turned automatically. It wasn't long before she turned her attention back to her own thoughts and her hands, which fiddled with her cane senselessly. Before she got up to go she needed to stop feeling so sorry for herself.

She'd come to this city because it was the closest large scale city she knew of. She was wishing she hadn't come though. This place was horrible and distressing. There was a keen lack of nature here, too. All man made structures. Even the streets smelled of anti-bacterial soap. It made her nose tingle in an uncomfortable way.

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 07/06/2011 11:09 PM

The demon paused, staring right at the place the girl’s eye sockets would be, behind that orange fabric. Panic gripped him, had she heard him or recognised him somehow? After a few awkward minutes, the demon relaxed realising that she hadn’t picked up on anything just yet.
Kogoruihn wavered, unsure of what to do. Neimah... seemed lost and clearly out of place and he wasn’t as cruel as to neglect someone he knew, even if it was just because he had gotten into a simple argument with them. And he still felt bad for making her lose a considerable amount of profit – despite the fact that he didn’t agree with her methods.

It was odd, seeing the girl in Medicai though. What was she here for – surgery? No, it couldn’t be that; she had been saving up for an education last time he had spoken to her and yet, medicine wasn’t quite something he had pinned on her wanting to learn either.

Hesitantly, he approached her and hoping she wouldn’t recognise his voice addressed the girl, saying, ‘Hey, can I help you with anything? You look lost.’ A question and stating the obvious. Hopefully he’d just help her up and off on her way and there’d be nothing to feel guilty about at the end of the day. Hopefully...

(Yaaay~ Crappy reply. Hope that's alriiiight~ You should stick an 'L' Warning tag in the title though. 8| Ruihn has a bad swearing habit when he's pissed.)

Stare in the darkness
Are you scared? Are you free?
I can be fair or a monster
Tell me now, which one do you need?

I can feel teeth tear into me
Rip me to pieces, rock me to sleep
I can feel eyes staring at me
Getting uneasy, ready to feed
I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 892
Donate

Re: Change of Plans , "Ruihn"ing Plans (P)(Language)

Postby Moofius » 01/22/2012 9:52 PM

Oh Yepha, here we go again. The man would offer her miracle eye surgery or pills that would grow her new eyes or something else rediculous like that. Neimah's lips tightened to make her mouth a line of frustration. Then the rest of her mind got working.

That voice sounded familiar. Did she know this person? Had they spoken to her recently? Where had she heard that voice before? Her mouth remained firm but the corners of her lips turned down thoughtfully and she turned her head as if to look at the person speaking to her. She didn't have any super powers to see, and the environment around her didn't help her in figuring out how tall or big or heavy the person before her was. His tone was what made him hard to place. The one time they'd met he had only been mad at her and she, she had been in a bad mood because of him and his ideas of justice.

She had figured him out and, had she nut just been crying, had her tears not soaked through the cloth covering those holes in her face, maybe she would have teased him in a more playful way. Instead Neimah stood.
"Not going to introduce yourself, knowing we know each other? How very classy of you," she hissed, white cane tapping at the sidewalk infront of her. He wasn't quite in front, just to the left of her in fact. She swung her cane quite hard against his ankle, "well I'd love to be yelled at again but I am very busy. Thanks you so much for your fake concern, but I am fine."

She sniffed, trying to sound more snobby than teary and tried to walk off with all the dignity she could muster. It didn't help when, only a few steps further, she stubbed her toe on absolutely nothing, stumbling and swearing under her breath.

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate