A city of white and silver, doctors from all over the world come to converge here and find work. Hospitals of all kinds decorate the white walkways of the city. There are many notable ones you can visit if your pet is in need of some attention. (+3 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Medicai City

stealing from doctors...how nice (Pickle and I)

Postby ShadowStitches » 12/02/2011 7:24 PM

Lin

She had been watching the house and its owner for 3 days now. One would might have thought that she stalked him, but in the busy street where his house stood, no one noticed the rather pretty girl looking at it from across the street, or the Sugar kuhna sitting in a nearby tree...
Now, prof Dr. Straußenberg was out of home, having to work a long night shift. And that was what Lin was waiting for. This guy was reeking of money. and from some private sources, she knew that there was a safe full of goods waiting inside that house for her. Lin felt no remorse for steeling from someone as a brain surgeon,  she did not care if the people she stole from where 'good' or 'bad'. It was all cold hard cash to her.  Right now, She finally managed to open up one of the locked windows with nothing more then a little hair pin-looking tool, and silently opened it.

Her feet touched the ground under her without a sound, her eyes wandering about in the silent kitchen she was standing in. Even in human form, she had a feline elegance and absolutely silent step. circeling the kitchen table, her eyes adjusted to the darkness. If she remembered corectly, the safe was standing 2 stories above her in the living room. Lin smiled in anticipation, clutching her little tool box tighter, and proceeded.

she stopped dead on her track tho, her head snapping to her left and up. She did not directly hear anything,
it was more of a...idea that there was someone or something else. the tiny hair on her neck stood up, and she ducked slightly. as sudden as the feeling was there, it kinda dissapeared again. Lin decidet to go on, but was much less enthusiastic and more alert now. She was long enough in this business to know that she'd better listen to her senses then ignore them...
Cannot say, I'm breaking the rules
If I can glue em back together.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 672
Donate

Postby Remedy » 12/02/2011 9:33 PM

[I'll add the image later]

Medicai City.  Now this was high class stuff.  Jack had been planning to come here for a while, and move himself up from being a petty thief to a top-notch robber.  Sure, most of the houses here were probably tough nuts to crack, but after coming up with a well-formulated plan, he'd finally decided to use the money he had stolen from gang members and bartenders in the Slums and come here.  You gotta spend money to make money, and he was confident that here, he'd be making a lot.  

After wandering around the city a bit and further formulating his master plan, Jack had finally picked his first victim.  The guy was some sort of rich doctor, and judging by the house and car he owned, he had enough money to go around.  Surely he wouldn't miss it if some disappeared, especially if it went to a good cause... otherwise known as Jack's alcohol funds.  He wasn't an alcoholic, goodness no, but when he did well on a robbery, he liked to reward himself... consistently.

He finally found a time when the "doctor guy", as Jack called him, was out of the house.  He didn't like to memorize the names of the people he targeted.  It wasn't like he had a reason to remember them; they weren't friends.  He was never good with names, anyway.  After Jack had been waiting up on the roof for about thirty minutes (he had made his way up there to see if there was an easy entrance on the top or third floor), the doctor drove off.  Better now than never.  Hanging off the side of the roof while keeping a very firm grip, he nudged one of the windows up with his foot.  Earlier, he noticed the rich guy had forgot to lock it properly on his way out.  Once it was up, he swung inside, making sure to land gracefully and noiseless on the cold, hardwood floor.  A breeze came through the open window and blew his silvery-white hair around, though it was not long enough to get in his face.  Misty green eyes swept across the room, seeing many articles of value but moving quickly over them, knowing there was a bigger prize to be found- the vault.  After much research, he'd determined this guy had a vault around here somewhere on the third floor- which he was on now.  
Time for a search.

I think back to the time when my search first began,
I left behind those shores of sand
For the endless everlasting world out there.

I know that with this burning passion driving me
Someday, somewhere I'll finally see
The light I have searched for everywhere!

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

HomeLogWishTradeImp. Docs
Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1982
Donate

Re: stealing from doctors...how nice (Pickle and I)

Postby ShadowStitches » 12/03/2011 12:36 PM

Lin lightfeetedly jumped up the stairs, her heartbeat slightly raising when she reached the third floor.
She stopped at the last step however, straining her senses hard to make out any noise or...anything at all tofind out if there really was someone else arround here. however, she could not hear nor see anything. She began to relax a little again, calmly walking down the floor, passing the bathroom. the last time she was out for grabbing loot, she was with Acey, and the 2 times before that too. She blamed her paranoia on the fact that she simply was not used to do her job alone. However, Acey was busy elsewhere, and so she decidet that she was expirienced enough to do this one alone. //now concentrate. where is that blasted living room?//

She almost was certain that she indeed was alone, when two things happened. She passed one slightly open door, casting a short glance into it to make sure that this was not the living room. Lin almost jumped back in shock when she thought that she saw something move. only a shadow, and very fast and elegant. just something in the corner of her eye. She stepped back hastily, not knowing what to do right now. then, out of the blue, the phone rang. Lin couldnt hold back a small shocked scream, quickly muffeled by her own hand pressing against her lips.
She jumped back silently and crouched behind a Commode standing in the hallway, trying to slow her pulse and to figure out what to do now.  Lin was able and a professional in cracking safes and locks. She was no good fighter, at all. and how she saw the current situation, the other one who was with her in the house
was most likely a threat.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Remedy » 12/03/2011 2:17 PM

Jack gasped, jumping slightly out of shock.  The phone was ringing.  Had he assumed that was all it was, he would've calmed himself back down and continued.  But that wasn't all it was.  There was a dfferent noise.  A human noise.

Someone else was in the building, and they were  right.  Outside.  The door.
After this realization, he knew he had to act quickly.  Obviously, this wasn't the doctor guy.  If it were, he would've heard him come back.  Also, during the research he had done on the man, he had learned that he was the only was living in this building- despite the fact that it could probably fit six or seven people, possibly more.  
No, this person had been as silent as he had the whole time.  Common sense would say there just happened to be another robber, most likely with the same intentions he had.  Jack decided this answer was logical, and he would act accordingly.  Slowly and as quietly as he could, he reached into the pocket of his black jacket and pulled out a switchblade.  It flipped open with a click.  Too late to turn back now.

Very carefully, he crept towards the slightly cracked door.  He wasn't sure if the other person had seen him or not, but if they had passed the door and taken the time to peek inside, then it was likely that was the case.  He peered out before slowly edging the door open.  Despite trying to maintain calmness, and he flinched with every creaking floorboard.  His heart was pounding so loudly in his chest that he almost thought the stranger may be able to hear it.  With a deep breath, he swung out into the hallway, blade ready, eyes flying around him, watching for any sign of movement.

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 12/03/2011 8:10 PM

Lin pressed her back against the Commode, her breathing fastening. Cold sweat was running down her back
when she heard the door being opened and the other person stepping into the hallway. this was bad. this was ver, VERY bad. She did not dare to move, but she knew perfectly well that it was just a matter of time untill he or she would reach her hiding spot. her eyes scanned the hallway in front of her for any possible other hiding spotm but she found none. the only way she could go would be to the next door, but it was too far ahead.

She had nothing with her expect for pepper spray to really defeat herself. she hated violence, and stood as far away from it as possible. She regretted that she did not carry any weapon with her right now. well, she could
use her toolbox to try to knock out her opponent, it was quite heavy. but for that, she would have to get
unconfortably close. She closed her eyes. she had no other choice then to reveal herself, and hope that she could reason with the other robber.

taking a deep breath, she said, much more calmly then she felt. "Okay. okay hold it right there" she very slowly, very carefully stood up, showing the palms of her hands to the guy who stood a few meters away from where she was, to show him that she was unarmed. "lets not get...stabby, okay?"

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Remedy » 12/03/2011 10:05 PM

Jack had only taken a few steps when he heard the girl's voice.  He looked carefully for any weapons she might have as she removed herself from her hiding place.  As far as he could see, she had none.  He couldn't be too sure, though.  Some skilled fighters were good with hiding things and quick with pulling them out and using them.  Still, her words a look in her eyes told him she really didn't want violence.  He lowered the blade a bit, but still kept it out.
Jack had trouble trusting people, especially those he just met and knew nothing about.  

After a pause, Jack spoke.  “Hey.  What’s up?”  He tried to say it calmly, though he sounded almost like he was out of breath.  He was trying to get his heartbeat to slow down, but things were still pretty tense.  

It was just like him to say something so casual in a situation where he was holding a knife at someone.  He didn’t even ask her name; not that he would, for at the moment he most certainly didn’t expect to become friends, or anything of that sort, with this person.  He simply wanted to know why she was here, and that was his idiotic way of asking.

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 12/05/2011 1:55 PM

Lin still was not moving an inch, her eyes wandering from the knife the guy still held, up to his face again.
She was very uncertain about the whole situation. The way she saw it, he was just as surprised as she was to meet someone else in this house. On the other hand, she knew nothing about him, 'cept he was capable of moving silently, and carrying murderous weapons...not really the best person to trust.

She never was in that kind of situation. Sure, she once almost had a run in with the police, and an other time
she actually was caught and had to flee out of the window...that was before she met Acey tho. this... was new.
She blinked irritated at his quiestion "whats u- ...uhm...not much" she stammered, looking at him questionly.
she sighed slightly, taking her best shot at being honest...or at least partly. That way, she hoped to find out a little more about that guy "weeeell this is awkward." she started carefully, a hint of a smile playing over her features "I dont think you're the cook, and you certainly dont look like the janaitor, so i guess you're after the vault too?" she asked, trying to sound as casual as possible. She was not sure where this would lead them, but she sure as hell would do everything possible to her to keep the guy from using his knife...

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Remedy » 12/05/2011 7:32 PM

Jack smiled slightly and his eyes lit up.  Yes, the situation was a bit awkward, but now that they were both talking, the tension seemed to die down just the slightest bit.  He laughed lightly to himself and said, a bit sarcastically, "Cook? Well, I sure can make pretty mean toast, but I certainly don't work for this guy.  I've also never been that keen on cleaning, so yep, I guess I am here for the vault."

As he was saying this, Jack was absent-mindedly twirling the still open switchblade around expertly in his fingers.  When he realized what he was doing, he stopped and looked at the blade in his hand.

"You know... I really don't want to use this right now.  I just cleaned it, sooo..."  He said, trailing off as he flipped it back in and slipped it into his pocket.  
He then looked back at her and went on to say, "Hey, don't get any funny ideas- I'm pretty good with my bare hands, too.  Ah, but we can fight over the damn thing once it's found."  Again, it wasn't very clear, but it seemed that was his simple way of offering a truce since they both had a common goal.  That wouldn't stop him from keeping one eye on the girl, however.

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 12/07/2011 3:31 PM

Once He finally out that knife away, Lin could feel the muscles in her back relaxing. Sure, the situation still was a lot less then desireable, but at least her life was not threatened anymore. not emidiatly at least.
She even smiled slightly, seeing that the guy at least was showing a little bit of humor. she tilted her head slightly to the side in thought. She could of course try to flee, now that he was not threatening her anymore.
but she wanted...she needed the content of that vault. "I guess you're right" she answered calmly "better make the best out of this..." She just hoped that he would keep his un-spoken promise to wait with anything life threatening. She would figure out how to get rid of him as soon as they got the vault open...
"weeeell I heard that our goal is in the living room" she almost purred "Guess we just have to find that then...
this guy just has too many rooms" she carefully, almost as if asking permission to move, took a few steps down the hallway. she turned her head to keep him in her focus "you...wouldnt have happened to see any cameras?
I think a guy like this certainly has a sort of security..." That both was a genuine question, and the attempt to make some...Gangster smalltalk.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Remedy » 12/09/2011 7:34 PM

Jack's smile widened a bit upon seeing the girl relax.  He didn't want things to be too tense or awkward if he was going to be going along with her.  
"Security cameras?"  He repeated, trying to remember if there had been any in the previous room.  "I haven't seen any, but they are probably some hidden around here somewhere."
Surprisingly, Jack hadn't thought much about cameras- he hadn't had that problem to deal with back in the Slums, since no one was rich enough to get such high class security systems.  He had expected some alarm to go off when he entered the house, but guessed it hadn't because the guy seemed like he was in a rush to leave.  

To be honest, Jack had never cared if his victim knew he had been there or not- he never stole from the same place twice, and wasn't stupid enough to get caught in the act.  Surprisingly enough, no reward had been put out for him before because the people living in the Slums didn't want to get involved with the police since most of them had... other things going on, so to say.  That may change here, but he guessed that was what he came for.

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 12/12/2011 7:23 PM

Lin frowned slightly at the answer of Jack. She kinda hoped that he would have spotted something, but obviously, he was as effective as she was in this case...
"well...I guess we'll just have to be extra carefull then" she chirped, trying to seem as if she just shrugged it of.
In fact, Lin was very suspicious of the lack of Cameras and alerts up to this point in the house.
She was used to break into houses in Aldrect. Most of them where so stuffed with cameras it was ridiculus.
of course, that was no problem when one finally knew where they where, either sneaking arround them or carefully cover them up with something.

Unlike Jack, Lin always was very very carefull to not get seen or even heard. She simply was too twitchy to possibly have her face known or even printed in newspapers. plus, Acey would completely freak out. no, she prefered the discrete way...if possible. Carefully, she looked behind the next corner, just to see an other hallway full of rooms. "perfect" she hissed. before proceeding down the hall, she turned to look at Jack, a curious glint coold be seen in her eyes. "So...I hope you dont mind me asking, but how did you know about
the vault? and where do you come from?" she was pretty straight foreward with her questions, but she would not ask for his name straight ahead. Most criminals where a little...protective of their real names, so she did not even bother asking,

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Remedy » 03/23/2012 11:10 PM

Jack began moving down the hall again, peeking into doorways and scanning the ceiling for cameras or sensors.  As he did this, he took a moment before answering her question sincerely.
"Ah, I've been trailing this guy for a while.  I looked at the other houses on this street, but all of them are families and there's usually at least one person at home.  This guy only has one car and seems to have a rather scrambled work schedule, so he's constantly leaving suddenly.  Also, it wasn't hard to estimate the time that the people who take care of the house come and go.  I had a short talk with one of them, and it only took a small amount of... persuasion to get the information I needed about the vault.  Also, I recently came here from the Slums, hoping to find some better targets with more to offer.  How about you?"

By now he had almost, almost completely relaxed, seeing that there didn't appear to be much of a threat from the girl.  However, he never lets his guard down completely, and instinctively kept himself in a position where she was in sight.

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 03/26/2012 6:05 AM

The lack of cameras and security systems was a little unnerving, rather then calming to Lin.
To be honest, she was almost happy to have someone to talk to while they examined the hall.
"Ah yeah, the slums are not that full of...bigger game" she said, nodding knowingly.
"well, actually my partner was supposed to do this together with me today. I honestly have no idea
where he got the information, i guess a friend told him" she stopped while peeking around a corner.
"however, he couldnt make it today, some other important business. So he sent me here alone" she chirped.
"and well, I originally come from the slums too, but I live here since...phew. a few years now."
she had to grin a little bitterly "never really missed the slums much either"

Before they could chat on, she got a glimpse on a half opened door. Curiously, she made her way over to it,
carefully pushing the door open. A wide grin spread across her face. "well would you look at that...
hey...uh...dude. I think I found the living room"

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Remedy » 04/07/2012 11:39 PM

Jack nodded silently as he listened to her talk.  When she was done, he grinned and said, "Yeah, I haven't been here long enough to really get used to it.  I feel like I'm on some wonderful luxury vacation compared to where I lived before."
It was true, despite the fact that he was currently homeless due to the expenses of this city's homes and apartments. Back in the Slums, he had a small house of his own that was hidden from the street and very worn down.  It had a bit of an abandoned house feeling to it, even for him.  However, it was useful in that no one bothered looking in it.  In that part of town, it had made it a perfectly safe home to hide his profits from his own robbing attempts.

Hearing that the living room was found broke him away from his line of thought, and he gladly directed his attention back to the task at hand.  He swiftly followed her into the room, scanning the room for any evidence of the exact location of the safe.  He also kept his eye out for security cameras, knowing that if there were any in this house that they would be in this room.

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 04/25/2012 1:05 PM

(sorry for the lateness! D8>)

Lin nodded at his remark with a slightly crooked smile. "i can imagine that...but dont get too carried away,
as you know, its not all gold that glitters" she winked slightly. he did not seem too bad after all...

She carefully and without any noise snuck further into the room, keeping close to the left wall. She still could not make out any cameras or other security systems. she stopped, her eyes scanning up and down the room for any sort of hint where the safe could be "I dont like this..." she whispered more to herself, but decidet to sneak a little further, towards a big desk at the left side of the huge room. while they proceeded, there suddently
was a small 'klick' and a metallic, wierdly buzzing sound. Lin froze on her track again, tilting her head frantically. "dont move" she whispered, watching the room carefully, trying to locate the sound

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Next