A city of white and silver, doctors from all over the world come to converge here and find work. Hospitals of all kinds decorate the white walkways of the city. There are many notable ones you can visit if your pet is in need of some attention. (+3 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Medicai City

Puzzleminds (P)(Atoli and I)

Postby ShadowStitches » 04/21/2012 7:39 PM

Yvaine
Her small grocery bag swung softly back and forth as Yvaine made her way down the street, blinking slightly exhausted against the bright light, that was reflected by all the white buildings.. She had been locked in her apartment, brooding over studies, untill she finally decidet that some food might be good for her. that was when she realized that her freezer was empty, and she had to leave her
room to buy something eatable and get a little fresh air. usually, she was a rather social young thing, but the last few days where consumed by studies. Who would have thought that studying archeologie could get that time consuming?

She stopped short when a paper attached to a lamp post caught her attention. /have you seen this woman?/
was written on it, beneath a very bad photo of a young woman, who looked quite moody, and some smal
pieces of paper with phone numbers on it, to rip of. she leaned in closer to examine the picture. she had to wonder, if this woman had anything to do with the suddent disappearance of her...well...she would love to say mentor, but she did not really work with him yet...not so much as she would like to, at least. Lester was a private detective, who moved into the flat under her apartment not too long ago. ever since, she tried to convince him that she would be a good assistant. Anyway, Lester was gone since some days, murmering something about a new case and vanishing, leaving her focusing on her studies. Maybe he knew something about all this? she shook her head slightly, a small smile on her lips. Nah, maybe she was just making stories up in her head again. most likely, this had nothing to do with the case Lester was on. She was surprised about
the hang out....it was relatively rare these days to seek for a missing person like this.

(the girl on the paper does not have to be important in the plot (tho she could be...depending if you'd like that or not^^)   I just...needed something to start with XDD....
also, cheezy title :/)
Cannot say, I'm breaking the rules
If I can glue em back together.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 672
Donate

Re: Puzzleminds (P)(Atoli and I)

Postby Atoli01 » 04/21/2012 11:49 PM

Just a couple more files... My eyes wandered to the now small stack of papers sitting on my desk and then back over to the window.  Already this late, huh? I looked down at the watch on my wrist that only confirmed my guess. Looks like I'll have to grab some frozen dinner from the grocery store again... I shook my head and sorted the last of my files before slamming the cabinet closed.

"Good work today, Fakir." My eyes wandered over to the doorway of the office, where Zein--the head detective--stood with his arms crossed leaning up against the wall. "If I did such a good job, why don't you promote me already? Shouldn't you have the useless people filing the paperwork?" I said to him bitterly as I gathered up my things for the day. I began to walk out of the door when what he said next made me stop dead in my tracks.

"Oh, we already do have to useless people doing the paperwork!" If it weren't for the fact that I would never stand a chance of getting promoted if I hit him, well... I would have. Instead I just gritted my teeth and continued my walk through the hallway and out of the building. "Bright and early tomorrow, kid!" I heard Zein yell after me. "Kid?" I yelled back at him, turning around only momentarily. "You're only four years older than me. Don't get cocky!"

Either way, I completely ignored whatever he may have said in response and took the short walk to the grocery store. I lived right in the heart of the city, so most everything was in walking distance, luckily. It was only five blocks to the store, so I made it there in just a couple of minutes and made a bee-line straight for the frozen food isle. No way I was eating out--that was way beyond my budget--and it was too late to even consider making anything. For such a slow day, I spent a long time working...

{{Haha, it's fine~ And so is the title. XD}}

A beautiful moon shines above again tonight,
And it sheds light happily over the world.
As for me, I'm just worthless, good for nothing,
Dreaming at daybreak, creeping at dawn.

Still I'll scream into the sky, hoping that somebody will find me.
I want to run, but there's no way out--
No bright future in sight.
But I still fly up like a butterfly, hoping that you'll find me.
A crescent moon, ugly children of the stars, flying with broken wings...!

Home | Imp. Docs. | Sales | Listing
Journal | Wishes | Roleplays
Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1035
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 04/22/2012 10:27 AM

Yvaine entere the store a short while later, trying to get the things she needed as quickly as possible.
After buying the usual escentials, and adding some fruit and a pre packed salad to the mix, she trailed off towards the freezer. She never was much of a cook, and the fruit actually was more of a aliby buy to her.
her mother would completely flip out if she knew what kind of food her daughter consumed...luckily, her mother had no idea. Yvi simply did not see the reason why she should waste precious time on something like cooking when she could buy it pre packed...

The store was surprisingly empty for this time, but that was just good to her. she inspected the frozen food infront of her, only barely recognizing the only other guy at the Isle, and thus only throwing a small smile into his direction. when she found what she searched for, her eyes got stuck on him again, or better what he was about to pick up from the isle. she looked slightly shocked. "Uhm hey, sorry...but I really would not eat that if i where you" she piped up, a slightly embaressed smile on her face "unless you like food that tastes of absolutely nothing". She did not know why she even cared, but she guessed that she could not just walk out with a good concious otherwise...

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 04/22/2012 1:52 PM

As I was in the process of looking for food, I managed to catch my reflection in the glass door for a minute. My dark brown hair was pulled into a ponytail--which was rather messily hanging over my shoulder at the moment--and my brown eyes looked a bit bloodshot from all of the work. My disshelved brown coat was hanging around my figure, falling to my knees. It managed to cover most of my white t-shirt, despite the fact that it was open and didn't provide much view of my loosely fitting blue jeans until after it ended. My clothes certainly showed signs of what a long day I had, not to mention the fact that I was standing here in the frozen food isle.

Now, what to get, what to get... I sighed and began to reach for some frozen meal with chicken until I heard the girl beside me pipe up. If she hadn't of said anything, I wouldn't have even noticed that the girl was there. "Oh... really?" was my only reply. So I took a few steps over to another set of frozen meals and just settled with some Asian stir-fry. It was good enough to get me through the night. So I opened the glass door and grabbed the box off of the shelf before flipping it over to read it momentarily. Just the sight of the food on the front of the box made my stomach rumble.

A beautiful moon shines above again tonight,
And it sheds light happily over the world.
As for me, I'm just worthless, good for nothing,
Dreaming at daybreak, creeping at dawn.

Still I'll scream into the sky, hoping that somebody will find me.
I want to run, but there's no way out--
No bright future in sight.
But I still fly up like a butterfly, hoping that you'll find me.
A crescent moon, ugly children of the stars, flying with broken wings...!

Home | Imp. Docs. | Sales | Listing
Journal | Wishes | Roleplays
Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1035
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 04/24/2012 4:31 PM

(sorry for the wait, had a bit of...personal stuff to get done ^^
also, only short and bad post^^')

Yvaine smiled slightly satisfied when he indeed changed his mind and chose something different.
She almost blindly grabbed into the shelf and got herself a penne gratin. not the greatest taste either,
but she learned that a little salt and pepper could fix a lot. She threw a quick glance over at
him again, and could not help to grin slightly. He looked exactly how she felt. She ignored her reflection in the glass quite succesfully, knowing fully well that she was not really looking her best either...well, at least she did not put her hair up again with pens instead of hair needles or something like that. But she could imagine that
her loosely fitting gray hoodie and old jeans where not really making her look fresh.  

"rough day, eh?" she asked half loudly, looking a little sheepish over at him, as if she was surprised that
she just said that out loud. "oh sorry, dont mind my babbling...guess thats what happens when you're locked away studing for days...talking to random people..." she blushed slightly, hoping that the poor guy would not think that she was completely crazy

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate