A city of white and silver, doctors from all over the world come to converge here and find work. Hospitals of all kinds decorate the white walkways of the city. There are many notable ones you can visit if your pet is in need of some attention. (+3 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Medicai City

The Outbreak [P, Talcen] (Warnings: G, L, V)

Postby Talverda » 07/03/2012 11:09 PM

Minovu woke from pleasant dreams to the sound of breaking glass. He groaned and rubbed the sleep from his eyes, wondering if the sound had been the remnant of a dream. Another loud clatter seemed to disprove this theory. He shook his head in an effort to clear his mind. The memories returned easily enough. He was in Medicai City on a shopping errand and he was currently at a cheap motel on the outskirts of the city. But what was all that noise?

The dark-skinned teen crept down the stairs to the lobby, still aware of the commotion coming from outside. The noise mostly seemed to be the sound of things breaking, though Min did catch the occasional scream or shout. And then there was another sound, not as loud, but much more constant. Min strained to hear. Was it... was it moaning? Carefully, Min approached one of the windows and pulled back the blinds – only to come face-to-face with the decomposing face of a corpse. Min leapt back with a yelp. "What the hell?!"

At his exclamation, the walking corpse threw itself against the window. Min took another step back, his hands reaching for something, anything to defend himself with should the ghoul break through. He felt something solid and seized it – but no, that was the potpourri bowl. He tossed it away in frustration. He looked around the room, desperately searching for a weapon. Nothing seemed to fit the bill. The best he could manage was a broomstick, which he hastily grabbed from the corner. In a sudden stroke of inspiration, he bent the wooden stick over his leg and attempted to break it. After all, a pointy end would definitely be better than a blunt one. However, he found that he wasn't quite strong enough to manage. "C'mon Min," he muttered to himself, "Don't wimp out now."

Unfortunately, it was at this instant that the reanimated corpse burst through the window in a spray of broken glass. Min shrieked and, giving up on any attempt to break the broom, settled with bashing the wretched creature multiple times in the head with it. The chaotic flurry of blows succeeded in slowing the corpse down somewhat, but it still managed to stumble through the window into the lobby of the motel. Not knowing what else to do, Min started screaming. "Help! We're under attack! Monster invasion!" Then, just in case that exclamation failed to convince anyone, he added another cry of, "Fire!" As well.
Talverda
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 145
Donate

Re: The Outbreak [P, Talcen]

Postby Kylo » 07/04/2012 9:55 PM

Dammit! It seemed the undead freaks had found their way to him, again. To think he had just gotten relaxed and had been enjoying himself and now all of a sudden those creeps were back! He swung his recently aquired baseball bat at the nearest zombie's head smacking into it with a loud and sickening crack sending bits of gore flying. One done countless more to go. He looked around as uninfected peopel scurried about trying to survive. If only they were in less of panic he may have been able to help them, but no they were too busy running in circles defenseless and screaming which only attracted more of the undead hoard. Spotting a building he dashed inside for a little bit of cover as more zombies flooded the streets.

He looked around the lobby of the place and spotted a kid who seemed to be atcually doing something a bit logic. "Hey get out of the way!" he yelled at the kid as he swung at the grotesque monster. With another loud crack it slumped to the ground and Ellis looked up at the kid with a satisfied grin. "Hey there! We gotta get these windows boarded up quick! We don' wan' anymore of those freaks in here! So grab something quick!"

You can't wake up, this is not a dream
You're part of a machine, you are not a human being
With your face all made up, living on a screen
Low on self-esteem, so you run on gasoline

I think there's a flaw in my code
(Oh, ooh-oh, ooh-oh, oh)
These voices won't leave me alone
Well, my heart is gold and my hands are cold

Are you deranged like me?
Are you strange like me?
Lighting matches just to swallow up the flame like me?
Do you call yourself a fucking hurricane like me?
Pointing fingers 'cause you'll never take the blame like me?
"Gasoline" by Halsey

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 294
Donate

Re: The Outbreak [P, Talcen] (Warnings: G, L, V)

Postby Talverda » 07/05/2012 2:02 PM

Min was still bashing the monster in the head with the broomstick when a stranger burst into the hotel lobby, brandishing a baseball bat. Min hopped out of the way and let the stranger finish the creature off with one hard swing at its head. The stranger turned to Min, smiling at him as if he beat up monsters on a daily basis. Under normal circumstances, Min might have thought he was crazy. Now, Min couldn't be happier that he had shown up. "Th-thanks!" He managed to stammer, still jittery and full of adrenaline from the zombie attack, "That was – I mean – really... thanks."

Deciding to stop before he mad even more of a fool of himself, Min hurried to the supply closet behind the front desk to find some sort of tools to help board the windows. The door was locked. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a small black hairpin – not the most impressive thing for a guy to be carrying around in his pockets, but Min fancied himself a spy and lock-picking was just part of the job. Not his fault hairpins happened to be one of the most available tools around.

Min had the door open in less than a minute and was rummaging through the shelves. He found a toolbox in the corner and was pleased to find it carried both a hammer and nails. He brought it back to the man in the lobby. He didn't know what they were planning on boarding the windows with. He supposed they could break some furniture. Or rather, the man in the baseball cap could break some furniture. As Min's futile attempts to break the broomstick had shown, he wasn't the most physically capable guy around. "So, what are those things? Where did they come from? They look like dead people." He looked back at the body on the hotel floor, "It's not going to get back up, is it?"
Talverda
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 07/08/2012 10:16 PM

"They're zombies and no that one's not gettin' back up. You gotta go for the head with 'em to kill 'em." Ellis looked over at the doors and quickly slammed them shut trusting that the glass doors would hopefully hold out. Usually they were bulletproof which made them more durable but if there were enough zombies, or other more desparate survivors, they may not hold out. He shoved a heavy table in front of the door for now as he ran behind the main desk and began to search for the keys. Luckily he found them and grined. He quickly ran back to the door and locked it with a sigh of relief.

"Well at least the door's taken care off. Now help me with this table! We're gonna use it to cover the window!" He pushed the table as best as he could to the window then stood it up on end and pushed it back aginst it just in time to prevent another zombie from getting in. "Hurry up an' hammer it in! These things are strong!" he yelled to his new companion. Or well soon to be companion. It was hard not to be friends with a guy who was about to help save your life and possibly the lives of the rest of the people in the hotel.

(Oh, ooh-oh, ooh-oh, oh)

Are you strange like me?
"Gasoline" by Halsey

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Talverda » 07/10/2012 8:16 PM

"Oh. Okay." Min didn't know much about zombies, besides the fact that they were some sort of movie monster. The thought of braining one with a baseball bat like the man had done made him feel slightly sick. It was one thing to watch somebody else do it. It was another thing entirely to be the one swinging the bat and feeling bone cave under wood.

Min helped the man push the table to the window. As he was pushing it, he got a glance at what was happening outside. Zombies were still lurching about, moaning, while still living people ran about, some screaming, some attempting to fight the zombies off. Min looked away before he could see something he'd regret later. Once the table was was leaning solidly against the window, he picked up the hammer and a box of nails and got to work nailing it there. As he worked, he realized they were closing all possible entrances and exits. "Uh, I don't mean to question your methods sir, but... What if somebody – like a non-zombie somebody – needs to get in?" Min had a bad feeling that he already knew the answer.
Talverda
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 07/15/2012 2:25 PM

"Well we still got the key to the door. I'm not gonna let them die, well as long as they ain't trying to kill us for supplies or if they ain't bit." Ellis really wouldn't let other dies if he didn't have to, but in the apocolyspe one had to look out for themselves first often times. "Now we need to go look around the place an' see if anyone else is in here. We might make a few friends." He smiled again at Min reassuringly and waited until he was finished nailing in the table to the window before letting go of it and inspecting it closely. "I think that'll do."

(Oh, ooh-oh, ooh-oh, oh)

Are you strange like me?
"Gasoline" by Halsey

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate