A city of white and silver, doctors from all over the world come to converge here and find work. Hospitals of all kinds decorate the white walkways of the city. There are many notable ones you can visit if your pet is in need of some attention. (+3 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Medicai City

A Little Thing Called Chemistry [P:Middy&I][M:E]

Postby Kylo » 08/16/2012 4:27 PM

It didn't take long for him to find his little stuttering friend in Medicai, despite the large number of people that resided in it. No he knew what his pet smelled like and could pick him out from a crowd any day. He looked down at his pet from the shadows of the ceiling and watched him as he went about his job. He found it to be rather boring now that so many things had been figured out already in the world of chemistry, though he supposed there was always room for discovery. He missed the days of his art when he knew far more than most living beings but now..now his knowledge was considered archaic and useless. Though how one could say using the human soul for scientific purposes as such he would never know.

"What are you working on Flake?"

He dropped down from his perch and changed forms into his more usual human skin. Though he had to admit it was high deffective now. He looked over the young man's shoulder to peer at his papers and various notes. He found them to be rather confusing though he would never admit to it. He still liked to believe that he was more knowledgable than most.

You can't wake up, this is not a dream
You're part of a machine, you are not a human being
With your face all made up, living on a screen
Low on self-esteem, so you run on gasoline

I think there's a flaw in my code
(Oh, ooh-oh, ooh-oh, oh)
These voices won't leave me alone
Well, my heart is gold and my hands are cold

Are you deranged like me?
Are you strange like me?
Lighting matches just to swallow up the flame like me?
Do you call yourself a fucking hurricane like me?
Pointing fingers 'cause you'll never take the blame like me?
"Gasoline" by Halsey

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 269
Donate

Re: A Little Thing Called Chemistry [P:Middy&I][M:E]

Postby Middy » 08/16/2012 4:51 PM

Flake had been busy pouring over research notes for weeks, seldom stopping to get sleep so he didn't fall victim to sleep deprivation. What he really couldn't help with was not eating, he felt as though he had only been on a liquid diet and was losing weight from nearly starving himself. Maybe he did need a break, but he was so close to cracking the code on this formula he couldn't afford to quit now. He leaned back in his chair and pinched the bridge of his nose with a sigh.

Perhaps if something else served as a distraction long enough he could get his health back to where it should be. Of course Xaviar couldn't have come at a better time, but his little drop in had spooked Flake so much that he nearly fell out of his chair. He wasn't expecting the half-demon to stop by, not at all. "X-Xaviar. I wasn't e-expecting you to visit..." he blushed from his stuttering, although it was something he couldn't help... but he knew in the back of his mind that Xaviar didn't care, "I-I'm working on a f-formula concerning plasma. An... alternative e-e-energy source I guess... plus some other more... arcane projects."

He was hoping his friend... if he could call him that wouldn't ask further what he was working on, even if the man was into some unsavory experiments of his own. If it came to it, he could ask him for advice and maybe some help later. Maybe.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby Kylo » 10/08/2012 10:50 AM

Xaviar watched Flake practically jump in shock at his appearance and smirked slightly. He'd have to remember to be less sudden when approaching his pet. "That sounds fascinating." He glanced at Flake's notes and papers for a moment before looking back to him. "You need to rest. You look ill." He couldn't have his pet fall ill now, after all that would make him a bad owner.

"Have you even eaten in the past few days?" He peered at the empty cup that he supposed once contained the majority of Flake's current diet. It looked like he would have to force him to eat if he did not go to do so on his own, and soon. "I can get you something to eat if you would like."

(Oh, ooh-oh, ooh-oh, oh)

Are you strange like me?
"Gasoline" by Halsey

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 11/13/2012 5:21 PM

"N-No, Xaviar... I'm quite fine," he gave the half-demon a crooked smile before picking up his now empty mug of coffee, attempting to take a sip from it before realizing it was empty. He frowned into it and put it back on his desk with a drawn out sigh.

He had to admit he was a bit hungry, but really didn't feel too comfortable around Xaviar just yet, he was considered a pet to him... maybe. Was he still seen that way? Or was Xaviar actually seeing him as something more than a pet, or food. He admitted their first meeting was frightening, it was only when he confessed to not being human did Xaviar claim him as a pet. He was a weaker Demon-like being, so he accepted his new role so long as he kept his life.

"M-Maybe I'm a little.. h-hungry... what did you have in mind f-for me?" he hid his face back in his work out of embarrassment for stuttering so much again, some people thought it was cute but it was something that personally bothered him.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 11/13/2012 6:19 PM

"I don't really know what you like and I suppose I should be a good owner and give a very balanced diet. How about chicken, rice, and green beans?" Xaviar was being serious too though he suspected his pet was thinking he would say something cruel or evil. Even though Flake was his pet he wanted to take goo care of him. He wouldn't try to be an abusive owner. That would be pointless. He'd rather just grab some poor human off the street to abuse and then eat. Pets were meant to be companions in his mind. Though this pet had the added bonus of sex with it.

(Oh, ooh-oh, ooh-oh, oh)

Are you strange like me?
"Gasoline" by Halsey

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 12/15/2012 3:52 AM

Flake didn't want to tell Xaviar how the thought of chicken and rice made him think of the dog food kind, so just simply smiled in reply. Although he couldn't ignore being this hungry anymore, at this moment he felt like eating anything. Even plain old rice sounded good. "I would like that v-very much Xaviar... if you don't mind that is," he finally looked back at Xaviar, hoping to see a positive expression on his face.

Maybe he shouldn't think of his current master as being a completely terrible being, he did take care of him after all. When he was on his own, seldom did he really eat or pay attention to good hygiene. Like his parents, he was always too involved in his work to take time out of his day for himself. Of course, he had better habits now... save for his slight neurological problems.

"I don't know if I have much food here... I... I'm bad at actually shopping for food," Flake confessed scratching the back of his head.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate