A city of white and silver, doctors from all over the world come to converge here and find work. Hospitals of all kinds decorate the white walkways of the city. There are many notable ones you can visit if your pet is in need of some attention. (+3 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Medicai City

Re: After All This Time [Private] [M]

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 08/08/2013 2:14 PM

"Well, I figured you had your reasons for everything." Aaron said, as he lounged lazily on the bed, rolling onto his stomach to watch Strages. "And it's not exactly like I was going to complain. You know I like that sort of thing."

He chuckled, and reached out to tug lightly on the stethoscope, then the coat. "Although I must say this is pretty fancy. It's the good kind of material, and that's a real electronic stethoscope if I don't miss my judgement on this."

Another roll to the side on the bed, as he adjusted himself to be looking up at Strages backward. "You know.. I missed this the most. Us just... being together. Not the sex, not the adventure, not the pain-and-pleasure play, not even your body... although that was a big part too. Just... being together. Bantering, talking back and forth, being a part of your life..."

The boy trailed off, and sighed, rolling back onto his stomach, and putting his head on his arm. "I'm sorry that I went off without telling you anything. It was sort of an inescapable part of the deal. I couldn't tell anyone. Not even as I lay sick, or it wouldn't stick. I couldn't talk to anyone but the one doctor assigned to me, and his nurse, and I couldn't send any letters to anyone I cared about. Until the process was complete, no one was to know. That was the deal. I tried... to get in touch with you the only way allowed. Through the novels. I hoped you'd pick them up and read them, and know I was still alive at least..."

A soft, wry chuckle. "Kind of stupid, huh? Thinking you'd read something like that..."
[EDITING SIGNATURE PLEASE HOLD]
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 424
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/16/2013 4:02 PM

Strages chuckled, as he continued to remove some of his wear, moving onto the boots he wore. "Of course you wouldn't complain," he agreed. Although his job was shady, he tried to be honest with Aaron from the start, so he was certainly aware that he did some unusual things from time to time. Besides, yeah, looking like a doctor was probably right up their with his fantasies.

"While you were gone, I became a certified nurse with the creation of a new division in my job. Although, I would go for a higher degree, as I have higher training, if I actually had the time. Official titles mean little to me, though, so it doesn't matter," he stated, matter of factly. "Aside from a disguise, this is some of my actual equipment."

Once his boots were slipped off and set neatly along the side of the bed, he flopped backward on the bed, breathing a sigh of relief. A lot had changed in the time that Aaron was gone. Strages had become more comfortable with conversing than he once was, many thanks to his daughters in particular with all of their nagging, and some other newer, more annoying members of the mafia. It was his responsibility to oversee everything in his boss' stead, so there was little option to do anything else but communicate.

After a moment, just listening to his lover, he rolled onto his side, using one arm to prop his head up, while he reached out to hold Aaron's hand with the other. Even such minor contact was comforting after such a period of time, even if he wouldn't openly admit it. "The circumstances sound awfully suspicious, but I'm just... glad that you're back. I'm not the only one that has missed you." They had a whole family, after all.

With Aaron's last words, though, the man fell silent, closing his eyes for a moment. "I did read them..." He admitted quietly. "The doctor I work with, she's... eccentric, more so than even myself, and claimed that I was just like one of the characters. In the end, I was forced to read one of them..." When he opened his eyes, his gaze was carefully judging Aaron's reaction. Those books... they weren't the sort of thing he would have normally read, but after reading the one, he realized that Hellia was probably right.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2854
Donate

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 08/17/2013 4:38 AM

"Must be REALLY eccentric if she's picking my books off the shelf." Aaron said lightly, curling his fingers around Strages' own. "DarkBlue doesn't exactly write fantasy or sci-fi. Or even romance. It's sort of... an eclectic mix between all three, with a little horror, a dash of the absurd, and a great deal of spiritualism thrown in." He shrugged.

"Anyway... Why don't you go for that degree now? I'm back, and I'm not planning on going anywhere else, believe me. Next time I go somewhere will be when I die. I'm not letting you out of my sight ever again - and I know you well enough to know that you're probably thinking the exact same thing about me. Not that I'd blame you after being gone as long as I was. And believe me - the circumstances weren't what I'd have them. They were.... odd, and strange, and... made me feel REAL uneasy, but... what are you going to do? That's life."

He dropped Strages' hand only to flop on his back, and pick it up again, guiding it to his chest, and pressing lightly, his meaning pretty damn clear. He didn't even have to say anything.

"So... our family. Tell me about them. What have they been doing? How's Liam? And the girls? And the other boys? Do they have families and lives of their own now? I'm sure they do, but... tell me. I'm curious."
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/17/2013 5:20 AM

"Well, she thinks drawing blood and dissecting things is fun, if that's any indicator. I'm certain some of the reason she started the medical division in the mafia was because she enjoys cutting things open and sewing them back up again." What better way to cut people up than legally? Although, Hellia's other intentions was to prevent so many deaths. When the mafia couldn't collect on their dues, the person owing them unable to pay, they would be dragged in to have some of their blood tested and taken away in safe increments until their debt was paid, assuming their blood was clean. It was usually Strages' job to sell the blood as it came in.

"It's not so much a matter of you possibly vanishing again, I wont allow that to happen again." His words came with a bit of a smirk. "I don't particularly care to have a higher degree, it's not a career I am pursuing outside of my current responsibilities, and I don't need to be any more legal than I am in such a shady business. Besides, it would take too much time to attend school officially for it. There is much work to be done." At the given moment, Strages was actually the acting mafia boss, given that their boss was dealing with other matters of their city being invaded by an army that wanted to tear it apart. Karkaine wasn't about to let his empire fall or be tarnished, so he was fighting on the front lines and in the shadows to deal with their enemies.

As his hand was pressed against the other's chest, his face twisted from a smirk to an actual smile. He removed his hand, only to prop himself up on his hands and knees on the bed, half hovering over his partner, and leaning down and carefully pressing his ear against Aaron's chest. The sound of his heartbeat, something he frequently had listen to in the past out of worry, surprisingly felt soothing after such a long period of time apart. Strages closed his eyes.

Just as he was, without moving and just enjoying himself, he answered Aaron's next question, "Many of our children still live with me. I already said that we moved, well, I bought out a mansion that could easily fit fifty people since I had nothing else to spend money on and I wanted to keep everyone together. None one has bothered to settle down yet, not that I know of. Liam works for the government, dealing with licenses and those sorts of things. His health stabilized. Intre... she's not in the best of ways, still, but she is an actress and works with me. Having little sisters mellowed her out. Nardat became a librarian, her nose was always in a book growing up. Ivi, she... seemed to tap into... my family's mage genetics, she's an oracle. She can see and sense things about her family and those that she's close to, so she became employed by the mafia. She can see the past and the future, and she uses her talents to prevent our injuries. Adze isn't any less of a recluse than before, he's primarily resorted to communicating in morse code, but he makes a fortune in buying and selling stocks. Though, he's good with all sorts of technology. Our grandson, Vivax, lives with us, too. He became a doctor, a proper doctor, like my brother, Ente."

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 08/17/2013 5:31 AM

Aaron sighed at the long, long list of his offspring that he had royally messed up. His heart picked up a bit, but then settled back down as he thought things over.

"I'm going to want to see all of them... The girls especially. I don't think Adze will EVER forgive me... I'm pretty sure Nardat's going to have a hard time forgiving me as well.... Ivi's... an oracle? That sort of surprises me, but not really. I expected ALL of them to do great things - they were such wonderful talents as kids..."

He sighed again, wistfully, and closed his eyes. "I wonder if there's ANYONE in our family that I HAVEN'T screwed up." he said - half-murmuring it. His fingers reached out to tangle in Strages' hair, playing with it absently. "The girls might murder me once they find out I've become a homoerotic writer while I was away. It's not exactly a super-respectable profession."

A soft smile worked its way onto his lips, and he shook his head fondly. "Not that they're going to look past my absence enough to realize I don't plan on leaving again anyway. They probably won't CARE what I've done while I'm away - it won't matter to them. I know it won't matter to the boys. Liam though... and Adze - at least I hope they're both feeling better. You said Liam had stabilized... that's a good thing. Adze's taken to morse code, though... " Another heavy sigh. "Yet another thing that's probably, somewhere, my fault."
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/17/2013 6:16 AM

Finally lifting his head from Aaron's chest, he shuffled once more, laying on his side beside his lover, before saying something sort of selfish and even somewhat a little out of character, "Can I hold you?" More than anything, he wanted to secure the person that he loved far greater than anything else in the world within his arms, confirming that Aaron was really real, that he was really just right here. He wouldn't say it, but he had developed some insecurities. Of course, before he entirely waited for an answer, he reached out for him, bringing himself closer and pulling the other into his arms.

"I wouldn't underestimate our children. By now, Ivi must have already realized that we reunited." He wouldn't have been even mildly surprised if their youngest daughter barged right into the room in her haste to see Aaron. "More than anything, our youngest daughters have desired seeing you and you ought to realize, they've known my profession from the start, and killing people, among other things, is far from a respectable profession." Strages could easily admit that what he did wasn't right, in every way, killing people was morally wrong, it went against the law of how humans should behave, but he already knew that his enjoyment of harming others made him a monster. He had long since accepted, assuming heaven and hell existed, that would probably have a VIP invitation to the latter. Although he was a good person when it came to his family, and those he had come to care about in any significant way, he doubted his actions were enough to amount to redemption. He was a wonderful and terrible person.

"Liam isn't the sort to hold a grudge, though Adze has always been the way he is. He's only ever chosen to open up at all with me, not other people, not even his siblings. He claims that morse code is a far more interesting way to communicate than using words that everyone can weave and understand. It's just his personality. He and Intre, they don't really get along, but that isn't anything new." With Intre's demonic blood, and periods of insanity, she wasn't the type to get along well with others in the beginning. It was only protecting Nardat and Ivi that changed her.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 08/17/2013 6:29 AM

Aaron curled himself into Strages' arms, and closed his eyes quietly. He felt the strong arms around him, and realized just how much he had missed the other. Not that he didn't already pretty much know that... but being held in this way was the tangible evidence he needed to fully actualize the impact of... well.. being BACK. Being HERE. Being FREE. Free of that damned spirit once and for all... And free to live life without interference.

He gently reached up to stoke the outside of Strages' left arm, eyes closed, feeling the strength and warm around him. It was almost like a magic spell. Even though this was... nothing. Being held - to other people - wasn't all that big of a deal. But to Aaron? After so long without it? It was as though live-giving water had sprouted from the very desert sands. That was what his heart had been missing, and it lurched in his chest. Not from any medical or clinical reason, just from the outpouring of that life-giving love.

The young man could seem to FEEL what Strages was feeling. The bond was back as quickly as ever - as though it had never broken in the first place. Aaron started to speak softly, quietly.

"I'm not ever going to disappear again, 'Jes. That I promise you. I'm real, I'm here, I'm in your arms. And I'll stay here for as long as you need me. Through everything. Through whatever life throws at me. And... I'm sorry. I'm sorry I did this to you. Just because I had no choice was not an excuse... I didn't know I would be gone for such a long, long time. I feel like... I need to make it up to you somehow.... Do something...."
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/18/2013 1:38 AM

Embracing the other man securely in his arms, Strages received the tangible evidence that he needed to fully quell his fears and insecurities. An incredible warmth washed over him and he sighed, as if a great weight had been lifted off of his chest. Aaron was here, right within his arms, safe. Once more, Strages was complete, his other half, his ultimate reason for living, had returned to his side.

How long had he thought the other man was dead? He'd gone through so many phases since Aaron's disappearance, he had become a complete and utter wreck. It was only in the last handful of months had he finally come fully to terms with his disappearance and realized that he couldn't stay on the same path as he had been. He was thankful that Aaron hadn't returned during the worst, he couldn't have been sure how well he would have received the news. In all likelihood, he would have been furious, as he spent a large amount of time in spite.

He, too, had his eyes closed, thoroughly enjoying the other man's presence and their closeness. He remained perfectly silent and still as Aaron spoke, although a slight smile began to tug at his features. "You don't have to apologize so many times. I understand why you had to do it," he rebutted. "Though, if you feel yourself obligated to make it up to me... " Strages trailed off purposefully, opening his eyes and pulling just slightly back. He placed his fingers beneath Aaron's chin and drew his face up so their eyes met. His blue eyed gaze gave away his emotions, his passionate longing. "Would you finally go through with marrying me?"

Not once had Strages removed their engagement ring outside of work absolutely requiring it. The metal band around his finger served as an endless reminder of Aaron throughout their time apart, it was precious. Although they had once intended to have something somewhat elaborate, Strages no longer cared about the details. All that mattered to him now taking their bond that one step farther, a form of unity even deeper, that screamed out their love and loyalty. Did they need to be married to be so in love? No, it wasn't a requirement, his feelings for Aaron were already unable to ever be severed, but it was still something he desperately wanted.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 08/18/2013 3:14 AM

"... If I didn't say yes when such a man was asking me, I'd be absolutely batshit insane." Aaron said softly, giving a smile, and stroking Strages' hand. "Of course I'll actually go through the process of marrying you. I haven't forgotten.... What is it we'll need? I think I have enough money from my novels to do something decent for the venue..."

His tone turned wistful, and he chuckled. "Of course, we could always have this... really cool theme going, and make all the attendees dress up like doctors and nurses... that would be  pretty dang cool... What do you think?"

With another quiet laugh, he reached up to stroke Strages' cheek with his hand, showing him that he, too, still had the engagement ring. Actually, it looked as though it had been polished recently. He took really good care of it.

"That, and... the consummation of the marriage..." He leaned forward to whisper in Strages' ear. "Want more kids, 'papa'? Someone I haven't royally ticked off, messed up, or ruined yet?"
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/18/2013 3:56 AM

Strages chuckled softly. "That's one hell of a way to answer." Just a simple, "yes," would have sufficed, but Aaron's answer was so very much like him. "I doubt you need to worry about the money," he informed him. "I'm the acting mafia boss under the current circumstances. Have you ever stopped to consider how rich a successful mobster is?" Not only that, but their mafia used acting as a cover up, so they were all relatively famous actors and actresses. There wasn't a single day in the year that any single one of the members would be unable to find work. "We own a lot of property and businesses in Lamenolai, if you found any of them suitable as a venue. Even the theater could be an option."

"The details, I'm not worried about them much anymore. We could get married without an elaborate ceremony, and I would be happy. I only need you." As he said this, he planted a kiss on Aaron's forehead. "Of course, whatever you'd like to do, I would be happy with it, but wouldn't it be difficult to tell us as well as the guests apart if we were all doctors and nurses? If you'd like to go that route, perhaps we could tell our guests all to come in costume?" He never imagined himself going along with those sorts of themes, but he really didn't mind it any more. Most of his associates would probably thrilled if their was a theme.

At the suggestion of more children, Strages' smile grew surprisingly devious, and he pulled his mate even closer. "Well, I do enjoy making children with you." Besides, their children were mostly grown up already, and he had long since gotten the parent thing down. He didn't object to more children.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 08/18/2013 4:48 AM

Aaron beamed, and twined his fingers with Strages', giving a quiet murr, deep in his throat. "I rather like the idea of that." he said, chuckling. "You and I should definitely go as doctor and nurse, though. I'll leave it up to you which one you are." He blushed at the thoughts he was having, and squirmed a little - just enough to work his way closer, nestling close against the man. "Mmmm... I rather like the idea of more little ones running around.... Perhaps you can show me how to be a real father this time..."

He twirled some of Strages' hair in his fingers, reaching up to do so, and relaxing completely. He was at the man's mercy, and didn't really care at the moment. He was with the one he loved.

"So... when do you want to have the wedding? Somewhere... next week? You're going to have to show me these venues personally.... After work, of course. I wouldn't make you miss that." He laughed, and drew his hand down, resting on Strages' chest, and closing his eyes. "And after...  Mmmm.... I think you know what comes after a wedding. Especially a Costume wedding... I can already see the sparkle in your eyes, 'Jes. I know you want it just as badly as I."
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/25/2013 9:18 PM

"Whatever you want," Strages agreed easily enough, not having to hesitate or deliberate about his answer. If it was a doctor and a nurse that they would be, then so be it. If anything, a costume wedding would make for an interesting story to tell years down the road, and they would already be prepared for certain play. "The children were the ones that taught me, in the long run, so I'm sure you'll be fine." Some of the time, it was their children that had gone and taken care of Strages in their own small ways. Without them, he was certain that he would have lost every shred of sanity that he had left.

"If we do it next week, we'll have to get a move on and decide most of the arrangements immediately. Otherwise, guests wont have any notice. Shall we spend the day out tomorrow?" It seemed as if he was going to have to clear his schedule for the next day. He would have to make a few phone calls when he got the chance. He could have just as easily asked someone else to go with Aaron in his stead for many of the arrangements, but the idea of separation wasn't something he was comfortable with, nor did he want to miss out on everything. He only intended to get married to this one person, so they had to experience everything together, if he was going to experience marriage at all.

"Yes, yes, we'll have to take a vacation." His words came with a quiet growl, and he smirked. Abruptly, Strages released Aaron's hand, wrapping both arms around him entirely, and rolling onto his back, placing the other male on top of him. Without missing a beat, he pulled the other into a heated kiss.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 08/26/2013 4:21 PM

"Yeah... We'll have to decide on a lot in a short amount of time... BUT..." He chuckled a bit. "It's worth it. Every bit of it is worth it." His fingers trailed down Strages' arm quietly as he leaned in, and nestled against the other's neck after he pulled away from the kiss, breathless. Oh, how he'd missed this...

"Day out.... Mmmm... Sounds wonderful. I have to stop by the clinic and drop off a note for the doctor, but other than that, I'm ALL yours. One-hundred and seventy-five percent yours. Plus a few more dots and numbers for good measure." He sighed, and relaxed on Strages' chest, ear resting over his heart, eyes closed and listening. His finger made small circles on the other's chest, contemplating.

"So... in terms of the other things... I think we should do one of those huge many-tier wedding cakes. With a custom topper. Something sweet and sexy, and completely and totally outrageous." He grinned. "And maybe some zany black-and-neon color scheme. I don't know. I think I'm trying to design a rave."

Another quiet laugh. "So... what about you? What do you want, 'Jes my love?"
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 09/26/2013 7:48 AM

Strages' growled softly in good nature toward Aaron's words as the other man declared himself his, delighted to hear them, while the other leaned down to rest against his chest. He preferred to remain quiet, relaxing and enjoying the moment, and especially not wanting to interrupt his mate's ability to hear his heartbeat clearly, which was beating strong and steady, if not a little rapidly from sheer excitement of being beside his lover once more.

Toward the suggestions, he could no longer remain quiet, allowing another amused chuckle. "As long as it's not chocolate cake, I'm certain I'll be happy with anything. If you really want elaborate, I can be certain that arrangements are possible." He'd definitely have to pull strings, especially on short notice, but he desired to provide anything he was able to for Aaron. Whatever he wanted, he wanted to give to him. "If we're going with a costume wedding... we might as well having everything be ridiculously outrageous."

"My concern would be the guest list, as I feel that, more than anything, will require time," Strages added, as an after thought.

As he was considering this, wondering if Aaron still had contact with any of his previous friends or housemates, there was a knock at their hotel room door. The sound was quickly followed by a, "Room service!" announcement. Strages' long since forgotten dinner had arrived.

His eyes shifted from Aaron to the door and back. "I'd better get that, or they'll just come in on their own accord." While being interrupted wasn't a pleasant thing, he still felt some mild desire to eat, if only to prevent complaints if he didn't.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 09/29/2013 1:45 AM

"I wouldn't mind dinner either." Aaron said, sitting up, and resting himself against the headboard. "I sort of AM famished. After all, I didn't start eating solid food again until... oh... last week? I think? Maybe it was the week before that. Days sort of blur when you're stuck in bed."

He drew up one knee to make himself a little more comfortable, as he watched Strages answer the door. "As to whatever the wedding will be... outrageous seems to fit. The guest list might, yeah, take some time, though."

Quietly, he yawned, stretched, and half-closed his eyes. It was a pleasure just being back here, being with Strages again. Having him in the same room. And he was DAMNED sure he was never going to LEAVE like that ever again. At least not without taking Strages WITH him. While his lover answered the door, he snagged the abandoned stethoscope, and put it on, snaking the chestpiece under his shirt-collar, and listening. Just because he could, and because the sensation was pleasant to him.

"I wonder if I'm really cured..." he murmured. "I mean, I know I won't be popping off anymore like some cosmic, inter-dimensional lost-puppy... and I know nobody's going to take me over... But the doctor didn't really pay much attention to my heart, or my lungs, or most of my other organs. Most of his treatment consisted of strange magic things, and keeping me in this plane while my body adjusted to being... well... itself. Come to think of it... I think he probably used a stethoscope a grand total of ten times in two years. Seems a bit off, doesn't it? Didn't X-ray me, or do CAT scans, either. Didn't even take vital signs all that much. Really, most of what he did was mumbo-jumbo to me." Aaron laughed a bit. "I was expecting more... I don't know.. MEDICINE during my recovery. I think he slung more spells than I've ever seen in my life, but there wasn't really much... medical care going on. I wonder..."

He took the earpieces out, and slung the instrument around his neck. "Maybe the guy was a mage-doctor more than a doctor-doctor. Maybe that's why he doesn't want his name out there."
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext